Customize

Benjamin Ring, LA Sheriff's Deputy, Under Official Inquiry for Endorsing Expensive Scientology Servi

Discussion in 'Media' started by Anonymous, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

Tony Ortega has another hit today:

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/08/benjamin_ring_l.php

Benjamin Ring, LA Sheriff's Deputy, Under Official Inquiry for Endorsing Expensive Scientology Services

• Like Like x 22
  2. Anonymous Member

"(Whitmore says he was not called earlier about the matter, despite an Internet report that Whitmore had told a member of Anonymous that there was no problem with a deputy appearing in an advertisement in his uniform.)"

Calling Smurf to the Courtesy phone.

Would appreciate if you could contact Tony and confirm your conversation. k, tks
  3. Smurf Member

Will do.

Update:

To: tortega@villagevoice.com

I'm responding to your article regarding LASD deputy Benjamin Ring & the Scientology ad.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/thre...pensive-scientology-servi.91738/#post-1835379

Senior Advisor Steve Whitmore claims no one has ever spoken to him about this matter before. He is a liar and you can quote me on that. I called him last week at (323) 573-2387 and inquired about LASD employees posing in uniform for commercial ads and he responded that if it had the OK of Sheriff Baca, no law or department policy was violated.

I also doxed Benny in other posts. (I'm former OSA. The cult trained me well).

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/thre...wn-401k-investments.91525/page-2#post-1828859

Garry Scarff
    aka Smurf (WWP, ESMB & OCMB
    • Like Like x 20
  4. xenubarb Member

Go git 'em, Smurfula!
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Anonymous Member

Thanks Smurf. I told Tony this was a reliable source.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Smurf Member

Steve Whitmore has always been a loyal foot soldier for Sheriff Baca, even when it came to justifying Baca wearing his LASD uniform at Scientology events.

I recall back in 2007 when Baca played the celebrity card & released Paris Hilton from jail, violating the judge's orders, Whitmore spoke up and reprimanded the judge saying he had no authority over the jail system. The judge responded with a threat to jail Sheriff Baca for contempt and, subsequently, order deputies to pick Hilton up at her house and bring her back to jail. http://articles.latimes.com/2007/jun/18/local/me-baca18
    • Like Like x 7
  7. Triumph Member

good to see Tony jumping on this one....good to see hes willing to follow through
  8. Herro Member

How do we know smurf isn't the one lying?
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Anonymous Member

Yeah, he was prescient when he posted his original conversation with Whitmore...he knew that Tony would call him this week and that Whitmore would say it was the first he'd heard of the situation. Must have OT powers.
    Cool story, bro.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Herro Member

I bet smurf is lying.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

Tony Ortega's face when reading that

Shepley-Rolling-Eyes.png
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Anonymous Member

Aren't you the one who called me a liar about the promo piece?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Anonymous Member

lolumad?
  14. subgenius Member

"What do you mean 'we', Kemo Sabe?"---Tonto
    • Like Like x 5
  15. Anonymous Member

nah
  16. Anonymous Member

I often wonder what the heck major media will pick up on. I hope Tony's right about this taking flight.

It's easy to understand that most people hear of scientology and "who cares?", but the thought and image of a Scientology Cop may be jarring. And if they pause long enough to read him promoting financial irresponsibility and ruin to support his theta habit, which evidently is quite expensive, maybe wonder about this sheriff, and maybe a sheriff nearest their neighborhood.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Anonymous Member

2613316841_a767346d1c.jpg
    • Like Like x 15
  18. Anonymous Member

Do you notice that law enforcement agencies snooze when members of the public complain, but when publicity ensues, law enforcement jumps into action?
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Smurf Member

Tony and I are in comm.
    • Like Like x 2
  20. hansanon Member

great job smurf! lets see where the ball will land.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. vvwd
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

You did not say that!
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Anonymous Member

Note to Miscavige: You really need to get your 12 million member CF mailing lists straight.
    You sent that promo piece to someone out for decades and someone who was not supposed to be getting sci junk mail anymore, and in fact, had stopped.

All but a couple of pieces from the L.A. Org, and not since the Ideal Org Event. Isn't that interesting, DM?
    Because said mail recipient never, ever at that org, corresponded, contacted, nada, and not their public.
    So L.A. org got a name and address of someone on the dead file list and it had to have come from some other scientology Upper Org, or OSA. Isn't that illegal, as in High Crime illegal, in scientology land, hmmm?
    Or did that order come from the highest of them all on the board?

Either way, that promo piece is evidence of desperation on more levels than you know. We're all a little cash strapped these days in the U.S.A. I just didn't realize how strapped You must be until now. Why not just offload some brick and mortar and spare a few mere mortals for a little while. You're robbing police officers' 401K's now? Really? I sure hope major media sources don't get wind of This one, don't you?
    • Like Like x 4
  24. Anonymous Member

love it
    and nice one Smurf!
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Orson Member

There was a whole thread of arguing over whether this situation (deputy in flyer, supporting $ to Sci instead of retirement, etc.) was worthy of ridicule and whether it would go anywhere. It's so interesting to see what the media will grab onto, as noted above, and what they will let slide on by.

Final judgment comes when the results of the official inquiry are revealed, and if, as a result there is an internal affairs investigation (and what that leads to). That said, the real damage may already be done. LA Media will pick this up quickly. And Baca will have another public mess and his ties to Scientology will gain further scrutiny.

Win.
    • Like Like x 4
  26. subgenius Member

fify, no charge
    Where/who would you be if you didn't try?
    • Like Like x 5
  27. Anonymous Member

Edit: unlike scientologists, Tony needed to see the real thing when I mentioned it, so I sent it to him. Somehow I just knew not to throw this baby out.
    So don't come asking me about it. However, I'm sure Tony would be happy to answer up, and give you a fair interview. Just ask. Really.
    • Like Like x 2
  28. subgenius Member

Nice instincts.
    Instincts: trust them.
    Unless you're insane.
    Which you wouldn't know, so never mind.
    • Like Like x 3
  29. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 10
  30. Saul Goodman Member

That was one of the flashiest, most eye-catching footbullets I have seen in long time. Excellent work everyone. You too cult - that one was a pretty sweet gift.
    • Like Like x 7
  31. Anonymous Member

Let's see, image of a sci cop in the mail, freaky.
    On the dead file list, so incompetence or desperate.
    From L.A. Org, meaning someone not from L.A. Org gave name/address to them, which is like a hanging office in scientology. This freaked me out just as much as the other.

Then i read it. Freaky And the tiniest little bit of evidence of financial reality in sciworld, promoted by a sci cop, parked in the L.A. Org, in full, armed uniform.
    Priceless. Insane? The only "voices" calling to me at this point were coming from the Village. I answered.
    • Like Like x 5
  32. Anonymous Member

The only voices I heard calling were coming from the village.
    So I answered.
    Instincts plus years of experience and edumucation.
    • Like Like x 2
  33. Anonymous Member

We? Herro's playing with that mouse that lives in his pocket again.

No, wait,that's his dick.

Hey, Herro! Is Herro short for heroin?
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Anonymous Member

See, it's this kind of post that negates all your good posts.
    • Like Like x 4
  35. subgenius Member

yer freaking me out
    carry on
  36. Anonymous Member

sub, I swerved around that mess a long time ago. Need a lift?
  37. Herro Member

I sowwy. I was just funnin yall.
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  39. Anonymous Member

40. subgenius Member

2+2=do something or evil will win
    the village used to be an actual village
    those were the days
    not all of it good

thanks for doing something