Customize

Beck discusses Scientology

Discussion in 'Media' started by YouSeeNothing, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Horseradish Member

So how are you going to learn to play the Goldberg Variations? By listening to each note in turn, for an hour, and adding notes one by one? Seems pretty time consuming to me.
  2. The Wrong Guy Member

Is Scientology to Blame for Beck's Mediocre New Songs? - Fort Lauderdale and Palm Beach New Times

By David Rolland, July 5, 2013

Last two paragraphs:

Beck's career arc keeps reminding me of Tom Cruise. In the nineties, Cruise would work with unpredictable directors like Stanley Kubrick and PT Anderson while Beck would experiment with new sounds. Neither was afraid to fall on their face, but they were both graceful enough to land firmly on their feet. But lately they've both tried to be safe, which has led them to irrelevance.

Cruise sees himself as a super cool action star unaware that he is past 50 and Beck is detached, keeping the microphone at a distance, forgetting his screams and white boy raps that drew us in. If the Scientology they both practice gets the credit for their wrinkle-free skin, does it deserve the blame for their embrace of mediocrity?

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/c...k_scientology_to_blame_for_mediocre_songs.php
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Quentinanon Member

It's all David Miscavige's fault. Beck should have learned how to write songs from Arp Cola, who started music.
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Anonymous Member

:D
  5. "Beck" always sucked.

Here's THE Beck:
  6. Arp cola, every time I hear that name I laugh. Really Hubbard that's what you came up with?

As far as beck goes we all know the story, once upon a time there was a talented artist/actor. He found scientology. Now he sucks. The end.

No exceptions
    • Like Like x 4
  7. The Wrong Guy Member

Fuck yeah.

From the 1972 album Jeff Beck Group. Written by Don Nix.

Jeff Beck - Guitars
    Bob Tench - Vocals
    Cozy Powell - Drums
    Clive Chaman - Bass
    Max Middleton - Piano
    • Like Like x 4
  8. CarterUSP Member

ARP COLA is an anagram of CRAPOLA. That works for me.
    • Like Like x 8
  9. Anonymous Member

He doesn't care.

As far as he's concerned, the bad things only happen to down stats and low quality thetans.

He's an up stat and a high quality thetan.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. The Wrong Guy Member

Twitter outraged after “scientologist weirdo Beck” beats Beyonce at the Grammys | Salon

Beck's win activated the Beygency, got "Who is Beck" trending, and unleashed a flood of Scientology jokes.

http://www.salon.com/2015/02/09/tha...t_beyonce_for_a_grammy_and_twitter_went_wild/

Kanye West says Beck's Grammy award win is 'disrespectful to inspiration' | The Guardian

http://www.theguardian.com/music/20...ammy-win-disrespectful-to-inspiration-beyonce

As for Beck, his Scientology programming gave him the tools to brush the whole thing off because “centuries from now I’ll be a race car driver in space!” I like to believe he thought.

http://www.thesuperficial.com/kanye-west-beck-grammys-taylor-swift-smiling-rant-02-2015
    • Like Like x 9
  11. A.O.T.F Member

The Grammys are 'disrespectful to inspiration'.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Kilia Member

When questioned by the interviewer about Scientology's core beliefs, he replied:

What it actually is is just sort of, uh, you know, I think it's about philosophy and sort of, uh, all these kinds of, you know, ideals that are common to a lot of religions.... There's nothing fantastical ... just a real deep grassroots concerted effort for humanitarian causes. I don't know if you know the stuff they have. It's unbelievable the stuff they are doing. Education ... they have free centres all over the place for poor kids. They have the number one drug rehabilitation programme in the entire world (called Narconon). It has a 90-something percent success rate....
    When you look at the actual facts and not what's conjured in people's minds that's all bullshit to me because I've actually seen stuff first hand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beck

In other words, Beck doesn't know shit about Scientology.
    • Like Like x 10
  13. RightOn Member

kept in the "celebrity bubble".
    "They have the number one drug rehabilitation programme in the entire world (called Narconon). It has a 90-something percent success rate.... "
    Thanks for clearing that up Beck, that Scientology is ALL about Narconon.
    • Like Like x 9
  14. "they have free centres all over the place for poor kids" IS HE REFERRING TO THE SEA ORG???
    • Like Like x 7
  15. Ogsonofgroo Member

Lolol, what a deluded twat Blech is, never, ever, let reality/facts get in the way of scilontology gabble, its the way ol' fucktard ElRon designed it.

Need me some 'brain-bleach' after that, ugh.
    • Like Like x 5
  16. My latest job has a Beck fan. Granted, he loves alot of other absolutely great stuff, but BECK? He played Sea Change for us the other day, and I had to contain my urge to tell him all about Beck and Sci and confess that Sea Change was singularly the most boring album I have ever tried to sit thru. It is Becks's word salad and vague new age chords put together. If you can find a melody, I will give you an elephant pulled from my quivering fundament, I swear.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. whoever Member

I'm a Beck fan. Not as loyal a fan as I was years ago, but I still like his music. Say what you will about Sea Change, but it's been amazingly popular. Me, I don't like all those heavy string arrangements (by his father, David Campbell, a mega-Scilon).
  18. meep meep Member

19. Kilia Member

Bleh, Give me Streisand anytime!
    • Like Like x 1
  20. It's crap and it's not amazingly popular.
  21. RightOn Member

Although Beck is a delusional twat, his interview with his HUGE endorsement of Narconon should not be forgotten and should be addressed.
    To say that Narconon has a 90% success rate to the media and his fans is dangerous.
    Like it or not, Beck has TONS of fans. And percentage wise, I am sure there are some addicts and offspring who are addicts in that fan base.
    And they may just look into Narconon due to his stupid endorsement.
    This is ONE Of the reasons why Scilon celebs are dangerous. Their dissemination of ANYTHING Scientology should never be taken too lightly.
    Beck's fans need to know about all the deaths at Arrowhead, the mass amount of current pending lawsuits against Narconon, the new TV commercial, and the real facts.
    The follow up story to this should be "Grammy Winner, Beck endorses dangerous and deadly alternative Scientology drug treatment" and then go from there.
    • Like Like x 7
  22. CarterUSP Member

Yes yes yes yes.
    Insert the word "criminal" too.
    • Like Like x 4
  23. The Wrong Guy Member

'There is joy in coming back': Beck on facing the brink and that Kanye moment

Excerpt:

Much has been made of his family's link to Scientology. His father became involved in the church in the 1960s and his own connection has polarised fans. In various interviews he has described participating in both Jewish and Scientologist traditions. His wife of 13 years, Marissa Ribisi, (sister of actor Giovanni) is an avowed Scientologist.

Questions around spirituality are salient to any Beck interview. Yet his most seminal spiritual memory, he insists, originates with his grandfather, with whom he often stayed during school holidays.

"He was a Presbyterian minister," Beck says. "My grandparents were a big part in raising me. I was in church all the time, listening to his sermons. As a little kid, my mind was wandering. Nobody sat me down and explained it all to me."

Is Beck still a spiritual person, then?

"I am in the sense I really don't know," he says, carefully. "I know the power in certain things: human connection and unexplainable things in the world. But I'm as clueless as anybody. My music and art are my religion and that's what I see the world through and the way I connect with something higher, whatever that is."

More at http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...nk-and-that-kanye-moment-20170901-gy9ab3.html
  24. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  25. The Wrong Guy Member

Is Beck divorcing Scientology along with his wife? Here’s the evidence for and against.

By Tony Ortega, The Underground Bunker, February 18, 2019

Excerpt:

One of our sources who is close to the Ribisis and who told us the breakup wasn’t about Scientology did express hope that Beck is taking advantage of his independence to move away from the church.

“He’s able to look now. He couldn’t look before.”

https://tonyortega.org/2019/02/18/i...-his-wife-heres-the-evidence-for-and-against/