Customize

Beck discusses Scientology

Discussion in 'Media' started by YouSeeNothing, Dec 25, 2012.

1. YouSeeNothing Member

http://www.vulture.com/2012/12/beck-hansens-song-reader.html

http://jezebel.com/5970957/funky-sc...-something-that-ive-been-around?post=55557465

• Like Like x 1
  2. he knows what a loser is ?
  3. Random guy Member

Beck still doing the apologist shit. A good thing no-one listens to him any more.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. RightOn Member

After he fooled his fans into buying tickets for his "Feed the Children" "Educating Children International", I think that was the final straw that broke the clam's back. The money went to the COS, although his fans didn't know that and were quite irrate.

Beck who?

edited
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. YouSeeNothing Member

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Anonymous Member

He's a loser, baby, so why dontcha...
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. RightOn Member

9. Anonymous Member

Scientology: The scam that keeps on sucking.
  10. Anonymous Member

KSW KSS
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. YouSeeNothing Member

Could he truly not know the evils of the cult? Who in their right mind would continue supporting, following and producing for the cult if they knew what it was actually doing?
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Anonymous Member

Great questions.

The trouble in becoming aware of the scam for most participants and staff is the strictly controlled compartmentalization of information inside the cult. Plus, since it's brainwashing religion, you get into the mindset of the believer, who wants to hear no evil about the faith of their choice. Just look at Hobson.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. leafs Member

It's also difficult enough to believe it if you're not involved. But if you are involved, depending on what you experience and how you experience it, it may really be hard to believe a lot of the criticism. Of course, there is enough documentation out there to know if you really want to know.

To me his answer sounds like he tries to walk some line where critics can read it as "yeah I know Scientology is weird, it's not such a big part of my life" and Scientologists as "Scientology is being unfairly targeted, you have to see for yourself, do a course, read a book" and for complete outsiders "There's more to Scientology than meets the eye, it's a very diverse crowd, don't paint it all with one broad brush, even though there may be some bad folks in there as with every other group out there".
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Beck comes from a filthy disgusting family. I can't say if his dad or mom are sicker, but this should give you an idea of their Hollywood pervert mindset. Becks mom, Bibbe Hansen in an interview http://www.bibbe.com/index_photos.htm

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. http://www.bibbe.com/index_photos.htm

Now I kind of feel sorry for him.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

Becks mommy.

Bibbe%20Hansen%20292.jpg
  17. Anonymous Member

iknewbeckincollege
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. RightOn Member

Giovanni Ribisi
    he was quoted that he knew that Scientology had a dark side.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. YouSeeNothing Member

Ugh, thanks. I'll look into that tomorrow. Dude has creeped me out since I first saw him on the X-Files. ;)
  20. Who's a vulture here?
  21. Anonymous Member

I am!

Just picking away at the rotting carcus of scientology.

Omnomnomnomnomnomnomnom
  22. RightOn Member

you know I tried finding Ribisi saying it. It was something like "Scientology having a dark underbelly".
    But the only thing I can find is a vid of him talking and it is all spliced up. I thought I remembered reading it some where. Maybe Huffington? IDK.
    And for the record, I always liked Ribisi as an actor, and was very upset to find out that he was born into the cult.
  23. Anonymous Member

He plays a real good scumbag, like his coreligionists. Having Hubbard and Miscavige as examples must have made this easy.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. CarterUSP Member

Maybe this is why LRH ordered to attack and not defend because he realised how dumb the apologists sound.
    • Like Like x 2
  25. RightOn Member

I have to disagree here. He was great in Saving Private Ryan and was also really funny as Phoebe's brother in Friends.
    Was good in another movie I saw WAY back when, I think it was called the Boiler Room?
    He is a decent actor. But I can't support his stuff until/if he gets out.
  26. YouSeeNothing Member

I wonder how many TWTH booklets were handed out on the set of The Other Sister? :) Now there's a role he fashioned after Miscavige.
  27. Anonymous Member

NO. Just no. I feel nauseous enough reading his posts. Looking at his avatar? That's just out of the question.

CP bestial gore I can deal with. Hobson. Not.
  28. Anonymous Member

Which one is his mommy?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  29. As much as I think Beck and his mom are probably vapid fools, I'm surely not going to cast aspersions based on that pic. Everyone should go to a party like that at least once in their lives.;)
  30. Anonymous Member

Yeah it makes me like her.
  31. Anonymous Member

O U.
    BibRyz2.jpg
    bibbial.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Beck is about as interesting as the turd I flushed this morning. They must have all sorts of dirt on him in his audit files. Maybe even a gay sex tape.
  33. Anonymous Member

I doubt it.
  34. RolandRB Member

I listened to this guy for the first time on YouTube, after reading all the fuss here. This guy can't sing or play music - he's just got a pretty face. What am I missing?
  35. raboon Member

36. Horseradish Member

Oh well his first album was vaguely interesting (that I can remember... I have it somewhere) ...

And his current opus (releasing sheet music rather than recorded music) is a kind of nice idea... (I speak as someone who spends many hours a week reading music that I play... Many contemporary musicians cannot)
  37. Anonymous Member

Anyone who tricks their fans into thinking that the purchase price of their tickets went towards an "Educating Children International" charity (which was a total scam front group for Scientology"
    Is nothing more than a Scientology disseminating clam.
    I don't care what he does, I won't support it
  38. Anonymous Member

No, it wasn't, not even a decent novelty.
    It's not necessary to read music anymore. Welcome to the 21st century.
  39. Anonymous Member

This is snappy.
  40. Anonymous Member