Customize

Beaufort, SC mission

Discussion in 'USA - East Coast' started by AquaMan, Sep 24, 2009.

1. AquaMan Member

Beaufort, SC mission

Remember, in the Charleston thread, when I said there was no $cilon presence in SC?

I was wrong.

SC Secretary of State lists it as currently active.

How active I don't know, it's like a 4hr drive from me here in the NW corner of the state, but Real Soon Now(tm) (ideally this weekend, but dunno for sure) I intend to find out, and do some preliminary scouting of the Cross Creek Shopping Center where the mission is located.

(Wasn't quite sure where to stick this, so if it's in the wrong spot please move the thread.)
  2. amaX Member

Re: Beaufort, SC mission

I just looked at the yellow pages and I couldn't find anything.
  3. Optimisticate Member

Beaufort SC? Not exactly a metropolis.

Who does scientology think they are? Dunder-Mifflin?
  4. Anonymous Member

Call around first. If this mission isn't even listed with CoS website, it's likely not to exist IRL.

I did find this, which might be pretty old.
    Registered Agents, Officers, and Directors of Church of Scientology A
    Those papers with the Secretary of State might be for doing business, tax write offs, ABLE / Applied Scholastics crap. Maybe even Criminon. It could also be one person operating out of their house.

Many of those addresses are gone in a year. I'd save your gas.

Also, I have to assume you can read
    Did you notice there hasn't been anything filed in over a decade??? Also, just FYI an agent has nothing to do with the the corporation. Typically it is a lawyer that forwards lawsuits to the actual corporate officers. In this case (many smaller Orgs and missions) and many do-it-yourself jobs, the agent is in fact the business "owner".

Now the OT8 Steiner does appear to be alive in 2006, so maybe they exist. I doubt they are in the same location. It might still be at the same mall -- I'm assuming it is Cross Creek Center @ 330 Robert Smalls Pkwy. There is a phone number listed in google, maybe the mall can tell you if he is still a tenant.

--------------------------------------------------------------

According to the awesome Form 990 work at xenu-directory, this guy is a bzzzy beaver.

Thomas "Tom" Steiner
  5. Anonymous Member

Also, just for the record in case this ends up anywhere useful.
  6. Anonymous Member

A visit to Louisiana records.. Note that it appears Mr. Steiner (and his wife??) lives in Baton Rouge if you care to check with public records.

MISSION OF BATON ROUGE
    MISSION OF NEW ORLEANS
    [STRIKE]NARCONON LOUISIANA[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]NARCONON OF BATON ROUGE[/STRIKE]
    NARCONON LOUISIANA-NEW LIFE RETREAT
    APPLIED SCHOLASTIC OF LAFAYETTE
  7. AquaMan Member

Yeah, I did consider the possibility that xenu-directory.net (where I first got the info, after a link to it on reachingforthetippingpoint.net) wasn't up to date or operating on incomplete data, hence "how active I don't know" in the OP. My phrasing in the rest of the post was a bit less clear than it probably should have been, my bad.

I wasn't really going on the agent thing, and yes I did see the filing was in 1995, with nothing since then. As you noted, though, other closed missions in SC were filed as being closed with the SC SecState.

Of course, the Chucktown filing was in 2008, but there's been no evidence (or none I've seen, anyway, which may not be worth much seeing as until now I totally missed any Beaumont connection) of the mission being active since the turn of the century, so it may have just been that no one bothered to shut down the filing for Beaufort.

Yeah, that's the center. I didn't think of calling them... but even if I had, I'd still have to wait for business hours, instead of oh-dark-thirty. :p

I may have a somewhat local-ish contact who can check for me, but not sure on that just yet. Details may or may not be coming later, they're somewhat disinclined to stick their head up where a $cilon can snipe it (or at least that's my impression).
  8. Anonymous Member

You could always go to a payphone and give Steiner a call and say you were taking courses in blahblah and recently moved to Somewhere, SC and wanted to know if anything was going on at the Beaufort mission. His Baton Rouge address can be found in the Louisiana fillings (Narconon or CoS mission). One of those missions also have a phone number so you can try that, but might want to do it from a payphone.
  9. AquaMan Member

^^ That's why I posted when I did, instead of waiting for more info. I wouldn't have thought of that angle, though in my defense 4 hours of sleep in 2 days does kinda slow the thought processes just a tad.

Fucking insomnia.
  10. Smurf Member

Thomas Atwood Steiner and his wife Catherine (Cathy) Ann have had their names attached to numerous Scilon missions in South Carolina, Louisana and California (Mission of Buenaventure in Ventura & Mission of Fremont, CA).

Seems Tom & Cathy's names are solely listed with the Mission of Beaufort, SC & Narconon-Lousiana.

Narconon Louisiana Drug Rehab Facility Grand Opening.

They live in St. Francisville, Lousiana.
  11. AquaMan Member

Ok, a local I'd been talking to in PM has reported back, there's no $cilon presence at that Beaufort shopping center whatsoever.

In other words:

Disregard. I suck cocks.

:(