Customize

BBC RADIO 2 JEREMY VINE SHOW (UK)

Discussion in 'Flash Raids' started by getbeckyout, Aug 28, 2008.

1. basil Member

Re: BBC RADIO 2 JEREMY VINE SHOW (UK)

Only Anonymous has balls when it comes to dealing with the scifags. Everyone else is puthy.
  2. vegnej Member

Thinking about the protocol i think anons may of been a little off the ball in this case. I think although the scilons may have waved socitors papers in Vines's face i think more probably not just cos of the fact loser pays in the UK, remember of course the Wood's case, in fact CAN ANYONE REMEMBER THE SCILONS WINNING A CASE IN THE UK. ?
  3. Moralfag Member

vegnej = OSA
  4. Flynn Member

That shit eatin' grin got on my nerves, so:
    ks8jhtv84jf9h7h49ewoj8.jpg
  5. Randomness Member

LOL
  6. Re: BBC RADIO 2 JEREMY VINE SHOW (UK)

Good work with the BBC2 show guys!
    The funny thing is, I didn't even know it was on (I can't keep up on everything) my Dad actually texted to tell me at work!
    I think that your part of the interview was superb - well spoken, concise and heart wrenching.
    Effective even in the presence of Graeme Wilson who, lets face it, has some serious talking tech (although this is not a substitute for being right).
    I don't want to let my tinfoil hat show but the phone-in Scifags - plant much?

I hope the episode will be available for dl or podcast.
  7. basil Member

You can get the whole 2 hour show from the BBC Website archive (BBC - Radio 2 - Shows - Jeremy Vine) , or the relevant 30 minutes (yes 30 minutes on national lunchtime radio) is edited down here, courtesy of moi.

Jeremy Vine Show - BBC Radio 2 - Scientology

My edit is a little rough because I was mixing it down as the show was playing, but it has (I belive) all the relevant sections).
  8. vegnej Member

You got wrong end of the stick, my last sentence implies the scilons have never won a significant case in the UK, meaning the media has little fear of the scilons !!
  9. Bruce Member

$cientology does not have to actually 'win' a case in court to destroy somebody and this could be either financially or psychologically. Recall how Lafayette Ronald Hubbard advised on the use of litigation. Regrettably there have been people in the UK who have been ruined by the cults outrageous misuse of litigation.

Bruce
  10. ScudMuffin Member

Somethings just clicked. That broadcast is a blessing in disguise.

1. Think of all the claims that "Graham Wilson" (I still say it wasn't him) made. Get a camera and see what happens if you try and get on a course for £1, see what happens when you try and donate as much as you want. Get it on tape, chop that section of the interview and combine the two.

2. Becky hasn't had contact with Scientology for a year. No Contact. How the hell has she been able to donate in that time unless they're taking funds without permission from her account?

Fraud much OSA?

If we can get "GW" to come out with more crap and really wax lyrical we can use his own words to dunk scientology and the MancOrg in the local sewage works till it drowns in it's own shit.
  11. getbeckyout Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your kind words about the radio show, BUT WE WERE STITCHED UP LIKE A KIPPER BUT IT WAS STILL A WIN.
    VIDEO COMING SOON.

RE Graham Wilson.
    He stated that Becky our daughter is not allowed to come into any orgs until she has got the family on her side and that means we have to accept the cult, well that will never happen and beck knows that, so no more crap courses for her but she can give donations, and we know they will ask.

On this, its worth telling any parents that have loved ones involved in the cult to use G. Wilson's exact words in a letter to Scientology that they are critical about the cult and want there loved one out, and to ask for a reply stating that they wont open there doors to the member until the family is converted.

The other point would be to inform all cult member's, that Scientology courses don't have a price tag, as per G Wilson but they can give a donation of there choice, so if they want a trip on the FREEWINDS they can donate a £1.00 or $1.00 or if thats to expensive donate a bag of old clothes for members in the sea org.

When protests happen why not pick a anon and count up all the people thats protesting, lets say there are 500,then ask for £1.00 of each ANON.
    Then ask the chosen one to go to the front of the cue with the 499 anons behind and go into the org and say i would like to give a donation of £500, and for that i wish to book 500 anons on a weeks cruise, and we wish to undertake a 1 hour course.
    This was Sue's idea, signs would be good (Don't donate your life savings as G. Wilson stated on national radio, people can donate what they wish.) Sounds still like a rip of.
    Take care all and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all your loving comments.
    Tony and Sue. xx

ps This was our 1st of many media interviews and shows, WATCH OUR SPACE THE CULT WILL BE SICK OF US SOON

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  12. Transcript Re: BBC RADIO 2 JEREMY VINE SHOW (UK)

Feel free to move, copy and/or host this in a more presentable format somewhere.

Transcript of phone interview with Tony Leigh and Susan Thurston on "The Jeremy Vine Show", BBC Radio 2, September 4th 2008.
    Present in the studio was cult spokesman Graeme Wilson. Callers included Becky Thurston and Anna Koska.

• "Umms" and "errs" are omitted. What follows is otherwise intended to be a record of what was actually said. Any doubts are noted in the transcript.

TRAILERS

(00:15) JEREMY VINE: A dad tells us his stepdaughter was brainwashed by Scientology. The Scientologists reply, "Oh no she wasn't."

(06:31) JEREMY VINE: Scientology. We'll speak to a stepfather worried about his stepdaughter and what the religion or - stroke cult got up to with her.

(53:11) JEREMY VINE: After the news we'll talk about Scientology with a father who says his stepdaughter was brainwashed.

(59:33) JEREMY VINE: And we'll also discuss Scientology as well and whether it is responsible for brainwashing young people. So stay with us here please on Radio 2, online, on digital and on 88- 91FM.

START

(1:10:12) JEREMY VINE: Meanwhile, what do you do if you find out that a member of your family has joined the Church of Scientology? Perhaps your only knowledge of it is that it's got some high profile followers, like John Travolta and Tom Cruise. Maybe you've been approached for a free "Stress Test" by Scientologists in your high street. You may think it's just a bundle of wacky but essentially harmless self-help techniques. Well, our listeners Tony Leigh and Susan Thurston take a much more sceptical view. They believe their daughter Becky has been brainwashed by the Church of Scientology, and are warning other parents not to let their children into it. Tony and Susan join me on the line now. We will also speak shortly to a spokesman for the Church.

(1:10:49) JEREMY VINE: Tony, tell us your - about your relationship with - with Becky, what it was like and so on, before she actually got involved in Scientology.

TONY LEIGH: Right, well, before Becky got involved in Scientology our relationship was absolutely unbelievable. I'm Becky's stepfather and I've actually brought her up since the age of three, so I've kind of been that father role - played that father role - for about twenty years, and we've been a fantastic, loving, close-knit family, and, you know, it's just been unbelievable.

JEREMY VINE: What, the change to her?

TONY LEIGH: The change to her now, well, it's absolutely - Scientology's absolutely torn our family apart.

JEREMY VINE: Tell us how she got involved in it in the first place.

TONY LEIGH: She got involved in Scientology about four years ago when she met her first major - well, first main boyfriend, David, who was a Scientologist at the time. And to say he introduced her to into it was probably wrong. He recruited her into Scientology.

(1:11:56) JEREMY VINE: How did he do that?

TONY LEIGH: Basically talking to her, telling her about Scientology and taking her along to the Manchester Org. And there she would've done the, if not the Stress Test, she would've done some small course.

JEREMY VINE: The Stress Test is what?

TONY LEIGH: The Stress Test is a combination of over 200 questions, which talks about your life, and maybe problems you might have in life. And they always find fault - Scientology - with something, and straightaway they'll automatically get you on a course of some sort.

JEREMY VINE: OK, and that's designed to take the stress out of your life?

TONY LEIGH: Or whatever the problem may be, yes. So this course was only probably £15-20, it's not a great amount, but it gets the - it gets you hooked, basically.

(1:12:51) JEREMY VINE: OK, so she went on the course and you saw her after it?

TONY LEIGH: The early stage, as I say, there was not much signs of any problems at all. The main problems we found was, last year, when she got really heavily involved, she went on a course on a ship, which is called - it's a Scientology ship called the Freewinds. Now this ship is like a floating classroom, and she'd been on that twice last year, and in July she actually did a course for eight days eight hours every day, solid. And we've got a document at home which Becky'd signed for these hours she completed on board.

JEREMY VINE: OK, and just let me ask Susan about this, this is your daughter, she's signed up to a religion - were you at this point wary or worried, or thinking, "Well, it's good for her?"

(1:13:45) SUSAN THURSTON: No, when she first came in and said that she'd been into the Scientology Org in Manchester I actually didn't really know anything about it, and she had just finished doing her A-levels and was going to uni, and she said she'd done a course which would help her to study better. And I knew that obviously she was getting a little bit fed up with studying, so I thought, "Well this seems good", and everything she said about it seemed to be very good at the time. I couldn't see anything wrong or anything that I could say, well, adverse against it.

JEREMY VINE: So at what point did you get worried, and why?

SUSAN THURSTON: I did - she did occasionally say little things which I would think, "Well that doesn't seem quite right" about something, or she would make comments about Scientology, and then when we were - we were sat one night last year and the Panorama programme came on, and we sat and watched that and it really just sent alarm bells ringing. And we just thought, this - they are talking about what is happening to our daughter, to what we are seeing, which, you think, "No, this can't be right, this isn't right, I'm - I'm just being silly here." But no, we really realised then that, yes, there was - we did have a problem. And we actually didn't - I personally didn't know - I knew very little about Scientology before having seen that, the programme. So it sort of, as I say, sent the alarm bells ringing -

JEREMY VINE: OK, but did you -

SUSAN THURSTON: - and a few things fell into place.

(1:15:11) JEREMY VINE: Right, and did you - Tony, did you see a change in her?

TONY LEIGH: Well, what I did then was, well, there's always two sides to a story and the Panorama show did, yes, frighten me to - to death basically. So I took on a massive research and carried that on up 'til September of last year, and decided then, Sue and I, we'll sit down nicely and confront Becky in our lounge, quietly. And we did that, and talked about the dangers of Scientology, of what we'd found, and to my amazement, I - I just couldn't believe my - what happened next was Becky went into a state-like trance, eyeballing me and Sue completely and, as if she was - it was like a mindset, it definitely was a mindset, and to block out what we were trying to get through to her. And she wouldn't listen. Eventually, she went into a - like a kind of fit, and she's a 22-year old, very bright, intelligent girl. She stamped her feet, she screamed, she shot upstairs and we just had to let her calm down. But this trance-like state always happens when we talk about (clears throat) Scientology - excuse me - when we are critical of Scientology. And through my readings and everything, and this is all on the internet as well, but I've talked to professional people, and - and I've talked to religious groups as well, this is what they're trained to do. They are - they will not allow anything critical into their minds at all, so they blank it out.

(1:16:58) JEREMY VINE: Right, and - Susan, was that concerning you?

SUSAN THURSTON: Sorry - sorry Jeremy?

JEREMY VINE: Was that concerning to you Susan, as well?

SUSAN THURSTON: Terribly, awful.

JEREMY VINE: Because it wasn't your daughter?

SUSAN THURSTON: Yes, I mean even as a small child she never used to have screaming fits like that. I mean, I just didn't - I just stood there not quite knowing what to do with her or what to say. I was - I was absolutely horrified, and so worried and so upset. I mean the upsetment it's causing us... As we say, if we talk to her on normal things like, you know, everyday things, going shopping, she's fine, but as soon as we bring up Scientology it's so scary Jeremy, it really is.

(1:17:36) JEREMY VINE: But there may be people listening who say, "Well what - what's - what's the problem here?" OK, you can't talk to her about her religion or whatever you want to call it, she goes into a trance and screams -

SUSAN THURSTON: Yes.

JEREMY VINE: - but assuming she's alright the rest of the time, who's - where's the victim here?

TONY LEIGH: The victim is Becky, mainly, but we are victims as well. Now, and I do appreciate she's 22 years of age and, although our daughter's an adult, she's still our daughter and, you know, we've got a right and moral duty to be concerned here. You know, just because she's an adult it doesn't mean she can't be tricked or deceived.

(1:18:20) JEREMY VINE: Do you worry that she's lost money?

TONY LEIGH: Money?! (laughs)

SUSAN THURSTON: Certainly, yes.

TONY LEIGH: From January from last year - and I've got the receipts at home - and these receipts are signed by Rebecca, on each one for payments on courses and whatever - and to date of what we're aware of adds up to over £7000. Now don't forget (coughs) Jeremy - excuse me - this young girl, she's a young girl of 22, she - she's a student at university then, and we were giving her the money to help her with these kind of fees and things. And this probably might sound bad to some people, but Sue and I have been together for twenty years and we've put off getting married. We're getting married next year, but we've put off getting married so we - Sue would be classed as a single mother so we could put all our resources into our daughter for private education. And we're not snobs or anything like that, we've done that and put extra money for Becky and we find out it's gone to the cult.

JEREMY VINE: Right, OK, thank you for that powerful account. I've got the spokesman for the Church of Scientology sitting opposite me, Graeme Wilson. Talk to him after this.

INTERVIEW CONTINUES

(1:22:11) JEREMY VINE: Buzzcocks, Radio 2. We're talking about Scientology and we have on the line Tony Leigh and Susan Thurston, and in the studio Graeme Wilson, spokesman for the Church of Scientology. Welcome to you Graeme.

GRAEME WILSON: Thank you Jeremy.

JEREMY VINE: So you heard the whole story there, of Becky, and - and it was, it's disturbing. They feel like they've lost their daughter.

GRAEME WILSON: Well it is disturbing how they feel, absolutely, but Jeremy, to tell you the truth it's a bit perplexing how we even come to this. I mean I met Becky, she is a wonderful person, they have every reason to be very proud of her. They've obviously done a fantastic job as parents. She's, you know, just a really really nice person. As they said, she is a grown woman, she's 22 - I believe - she's just graduated from university. To my knowledge, up until recently she's been mainly staying at home when she wasn't at university. She rarely now goes to the Church of Scientology, and part of the reason for that is we - we recognise that the family unit is a vital building block in society. And when there - there's any differences within the family unit we encourage a person to sort them out. And if it involves Scientology then we - I - I said to Becky there's no real point in you carrying on with any course in Scientology while you have that situation with your parents.

(1:23:34) JEREMY VINE: Can you explain this "Stress Test", that's obviously the start of it is it? The 200 questions?

GRAEME WILSON: Yeah, that's actually called a Personality Test -

JEREMY VINE: Right.

GRAEME WILSON: - and the Stress Test is something different.

JEREMY VINE: And it goes into all areas of your life?

GRAEME WILSON: Well, yeah, what it does is it's your analysis of you, you answer these various questions and the graph that is drawn is a picture of how you view yourself. And I've seen graphs where the - the person had nothing wrong with them, and that's great -

(1:23:43) JEREMY VINE: Have you?

GRAEME WILSON: Absolutely.

JEREMY VINE: Oh, well I'd like to meet that person!

GRAEME WILSON: OK. Well, we'll pull them out. But -

JEREMY VINE: But we've all got something, haven't we?

GRAEME WILSON: Yeah, we - we do, I mean it is how you view yourself, if you don't see any faults within yourself then that will show on your graph, there won't be anything that's - that are down points.

JEREMY VINE: What kind of questions do you ask about somebody's parents?

GRAEME WILSON: Oh, I don't even remember, you know, there's 200 questions -

JEREMY VINE: But is there a danger that you might have, you know, someone who's 20, 21, and they're asked 200 questions and they start to think, "Hang on a minute, what was going on when I was a young child?" and you put a wedge between them and their parents?

GRAEME WILSON: No absolutely, absolutely not. They - the questions are more how you, how you respond to various things in life, how you feel about things, how - how you react to situations, how easily you can communicate. Those kind of things. It gives one a very - very useful picture. I remember when I did mine, many years ago, and it was completely accurate. It showed that I had difficulty communicating, and I wasn't very happy, and I wasn't achieving what I wanted to achieve in life, which is absolutely true. So -

JEREMY VINE: And now you're the Head of Communications for the Scientology Church.

GRAEME WILSON: There you go (laughs).

JEREMY VINE: You turned it around.

GRAEME WILSON: (unintelligible - "Well look"?) exactly.

(1:24:47) JEREMY VINE: Has she paid you £7000?

GRAEME WILSON: I have no idea how much she's donated to the Church -

JEREMY VINE: Would she have done?

GRAEME WILSON: It's vaguely possible, and people donate what they want to donate to the Church, as they do with any religions.

JEREMY VINE: Oh, so donation is voluntary?

GRAEME WILSON: Yeah, it's a voluntary donation, usually the way we do our donations a person receives a service relating to that donation, or they can just make a straight donation, but -

JEREMY VINE: (failed interruption)

(1:25:06) GRAEME WILSON: I was, you know, talking to the Dean of St Paul's not that long ago when they were doing their renovations and it's, you know, what, they had to raise £10 million to renovate his church. So obviously all sorts of people donated to - to his funds.

JEREMY VINE: But her - we heard -

GRAEME WILSON: It's the same with Scientology, we -

JEREMY VINE: Understood, we heard she'd gone on this - this ship, Freewinds.

GRAEME WILSON: Yeah. That's right.

JEREMY VINE: And eight hours a day in the classroom - floating classroom Tony said. Would she have had to pay for that?

(1:25:32) GRAEME WILSON: Yeah, she'd have paid something for that. I've -

JEREMY VINE: How much?

GRAEME WILSON: I've no idea what. I've no idea what. I mean eight hours a day, I studied more than eight hours a day when I was at university (laughs).

JEREMY VINE: You don't think that would have put pressure on her?

GRAEME WILSON: One thing we stress in Scientology is that nothing is true in Scientology unless it's true for you. So you study a course, you receive some religious ser - counselling, and you experience what you experience from that. And if you benefit from that and you see that it works then you can take it to the next step. But it's stressed, do not take something on board because somebody else says it's that way, you have to make up your own mind.

JEREMY VINE: Why would she have gone into this trance when they confronted her, and then into a fit, and then run upstairs screaming?

GRAEME WILSON: You know I -

JEREMY VINE: Any guesses on that?

(1:26:12) GRAEME WILSON: I've no idea, Jeremy, what happened there or what the situation was, it is a family matter. Which is really why I'm not sure why we've arrived on national radio with this -

JEREMY VINE: Sure, but you're not, you're not telling people to (unintelligible - ?) you're in a stressful situation or you're challenged over your religion stare in a very fixed way in a straight line?

GRAEME WILSON: No, of course not. Of course not. I don't know if she did or didn't do that, obviously that's between her and them. It's their family matter to resolve and really I - I do want to say that anybody who has been coaching Becky's parents to do things like go on national radio is really doing them a disservice, because how is that going to help resolve a family situation?

JEREMY VINE: Alright.

GRAEME WILSON: I really don't know.

JEREMY VINE: Graeme Wilson, thank you very much, spokesman for the Church. Tony Leigh and Susan Thurston, listening to that, it sounds like she's back with you and you could work it out?

TONY LEIGH: No, can I just say something here?

JEREMY VINE: Go ahead.

(1:27:13) TONY LEIGH: Graeme Wilson says they have pulled Becky out of Scientology and she doesn't go in any more Orgs. Well, that is absolutely utter nonsense. We have pulled her out of any more Scientology training and stuff like that. And they way we've done this is, by being critical to her about Scientology she has got to then talk to her mentor - which is her boyfriend David - which is, she'll do a KR, which is a Knowledge Report, that goes back to Scientology and then that is looked at by their Ethics Department. Becky can not do any more courses until - as that guy says - Graeme - she talks to us. That's not talking to us. "Handle us," that's what they call it in their - in their textbooks or whatever. She has to "handle" her parents, which means she has got to get us to agree with Scientology As soon as she can get us to agree with Scientology, she can then start going up the Bridge, up to these OT levels and things like that -

JEREMY VINE: Right.

TONY LEIGH: - which we've got a bit complicated there, but -

JEREMY VINE: Yeah. OK.

(1:28:09) TONY LEIGH: That is utter nonsense what that man is saying.

JEREMY VINE: Well, good luck to all of you sorting it out. Tony Leigh, Susan Thurston, and Graeme Wilson from the Church, thank you. Duncan Aitken (?) in Stirling says, "At least Scientology doesn't brainwash people from the moment they're born like Christian and Islamic fundamentalists do." Corinne Lamoreau (?) in Brighton says, "I'm not a Scientologist, I've got two very good friends who are though. They've never once tried to convert me, in fact the only time they've ever mentioned it is if I've asked them questions!" And Caroline Bromley says, "I was asked to do a Personality Test once in London. I went into their offices, they put me in a room, they locked the door and they left me for ages. I think they were trying to see what my reaction was. As soon as they came back to me, I left."

MORE CALLERS

(1:33:11) JEREMY VINE: We were talking about Scientology. We were talking to parents. Stepfather of a 22-year old called Becky. Becky has called us and - you're on the line now. Hi there.

BECKY THURSTON: Hi.

JEREMY VINE: So you heard the whole thing?

BECKY THURSTON: I did indeed, yes.

JEREMY VINE: And your parents are worried.

BECKY THURSTON: They are, they are. Which, which - which I am aware of, yeah. But it was interesting to hear it go out on national radio.

JEREMY VINE: And they're particularly worried because it seems that they - they did a lot of research on Scientology and they thought that this is not a good thing, and when they talked to you about it you zoned them out.

BECKY THURSTON: Yeah, I'm a - I'm a little bit upset about some of the things that were said there, because I don't believe it to be true. I mean, they're saying that I sort of go into some sort of trance and stamp my feet and scream, but they don't tell you the run up to that, and - and the facts that my parents are doing the same thing and they're getting very angry with me, which is something that I've never experienced from them. And as a human being the natural reaction is to get a little bit, well, you know - I - I want my voice heard as well. They might say that I don't listen to them, but I also feel in the same vein that they don't listen to me and to my perspective.

(1:34:24) JEREMY VINE: Are you a Scientologist now?

BECKY THURSTON: I am a Scientologist, I've been a Scientologist for 4 years.

JEREMY VINE: So you haven't left the Church?

BECKY THURSTON: I don't go into the Church, no, because of my parents' wishes. I mean, I've done this for the family. We've always been a very close family, and obviously I don't want that to end. I love them so much, they've been such good parents and, so, respecting their wishes I've said OK, I won't go into the Church. But yeah, I do still read books, I do still follow what I know of Scientology in my everyday life and I do still use it because I find it useful for me.

JEREMY VINE: And - and what is it, can you sum it up in a sentence? What this religion actually entails believing? What's the main thing?

(1:35:01) BECKY THURSTON: I couldn't sum it up for you! (laughs) I think - I think you get out of it what you want to get. If you want personal help, like some might feel it's self-help, then you can have that. If you like helping other people, I quite like helping other people, and they do some very good campaigns, human rights and so forth. I like - I like helping out with that as well. It's not just for me, it's not just about me, but it's also helping out others, which is something else that - that Scientology, you know, encourages you to do.

JEREMY VINE: OK Becky, thank you very much for your call.

BECKY THURSTON: Thank you.

JEREMY VINE: Lots coming in, vine@bbc.co.uk, and Danny Jones in Oswestry, Shropshire says, "This is the only religion I know of that has a science fiction author as its founder. I've read three of L. Ron Hubbard's books. They are very enjoyable, but they can suck you in and go hand in hand with Scientology." Let's speak to Sarah in Birmingham, and also Anna Koska is on the line. Where are you, Anna?

(1:35:54) ANNA KOSKA: Hi, I'm in East Sussex, Jeremy. Hello.

JEREMY VINE: Hello, you're a Scientologist as well?

ANNA KOSKA: I am, but first and foremost I'm a mother, and I suppose the reason I'm calling up is because it's amazing how often this subject comes up. And I - like every - like every parent I want my children to follow their own chosen course in life, safely and independently of other people's prejudices - and ignorances. And having never been brainwashed or coerced or encouraged to study Scientology I feel very safe in at least knowing this organisation is one that doesn't - does allow me to make up my own mind, and choose my own path. Be it as an active Scientologist or just as importantly as a member of society.

(1:36:28) JEREMY VINE: OK, and Sarah, your stepdaughter married one?

SARAH: Yes.

JEREMY VINE: What happened?

SARAH: Very briefly, six years ago, a perfectly normal person, she - I have to say she's 38 now - she's always been reasonably vulnerable because she felt pushed out when we married, when her father married again and I had two sons. But, generally speaking we were a happy family. All of a sudden this gentleman comes into her life who was a Scientologist. I become the evil stepmother. She encourages her brothers to go over, my elder son came back after the second visit and said, "Well so far he's given me a pair of shoes so that we can walk in the same path, he's given me a watch so that we can be in the same time", and he said jokingly, "Perhaps I could go back and get a coat." But aside from that, when her father died he wouldn't allow her to come on her own to the funeral. He's very possessive, she hasn't spoken to her own mother in perhaps 3 or 4 years, and she tried to get the house that we had in Greece. She tried legally to try and get it from me.

JEREMY VINE: OK. So Anna, why is it that we keep hearing this kind of thing about Scientology?

(1:36:45) ANNA KOSKA: I haven't got a clue. I think it's probably a fascination for the public, and anything they can illuminate on and make a - a brilliantly fantastical story on, it's what the public like to hear. They like a little bit of gossip, they like to hear (unintelligible: "about a celebrity attached"?), they like a little of titbit to (unintelligible: "mull on in their head"?). And I think ultimately this - this issue of brainwashing you can come across in many walks of life, and ultimately it's down to the individual. It's down to the individual to choose which path they take, it sounds -

JEREMY VINE: OK.

ANNA KOSKA: - very airy-fairy I know, but, be it Scientology, be it "I wanna be a bus conductor", whatever it is. And there's always going to be somebody out there who's going to knock them on the head and say, "Hah! You shouldn't be doing this" or "You should be doing this so let's do it much more obsessively." I think it's the obsessive nature of an individual rather than the organisation they're representing -

JEREMY VINE: Alright, thank you -

ANNA KOSKA: - which you're looking at.

JEREMY VINE: Thanks Anna - Anna Koska, Sarah in Birmingham, thanks to you both.

END

Transcribed by Anonymous.
  13. getbeckyout Member

Well, thank you EnturbTheDragon you have done a great job for us and every one.
    You must have sore fingers.
    We cant thank you enough.
    Take care Tony and Sue. xx
  14. getbeckyout Member