Customize

BBC Inside Out (video): Camelot Castle Hotel 15th Nov 2010

Discussion in 'Media' started by Sponge, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: BBC Inside Out (video): Camelot Castle Hotel 15th Nov 2010

most rapidly expanding modern hotel duh
  2. xenubarb Member

You know, it occurs to me that CCH seems to always be sort of empty when negative reviewers visit, and that doesn't surprise me.

What does surprise me are the tiny rooms with the RV potty/shower combos. Those are ridic.
    My loft had a prefab tub/shower thing, but a standard toilet and sink in 740 sq. foot space.

Why not knock out some walls and offer real rooms with bathrooms instead of these ridiculous crummy lodgin's?

Had they done that instead of just lying to people about what they offer, they could've avoided that whole embarrassing BBC flap. Can't wait to read CCH's defensive posit in the good news paper which our Tintagellians will undoubtedly furnish scans of.

It's those awful bigots from the internet who hate our religion and the fact that we're successful in life! (never anything about crappy rooms and sleazy marketing!)
  3. Ogsonofgroo Member

Don't be rediculous!, that makes too much sense but comes from a wogette......... It has been pointed out before, 30 decent rooms/suites, mucho better than 56 moldy pieces of crap. I'm betting they won't 'get it'.

ouff.
  4. Anonymous Member

thread-bare carpet 'adorning' the staircase

wall tiles coming off in public toilets downstairs

refurbish 60 B & B rooms

That's plenty of work for local tradesmen for the next 12 months

Come now, you're a bright boy, Mappin
    Your Winchester education should tell you that you can charge £200 a night for refurbed rooms, instead of the existing £49 for the crap

Spend the next 12 months finishing off your 'dream' you had with your 'fishing' buddy,tidy the pile up, and you will make 4 times the money on room rates
  5. GoogleMappin Member

It wasn't going to happen before this BBC programme, nor is it going to happen afterwards - no matter how much well-meant, common-sense business advice people here offer. The reason that Camelot Castle Hotel is such a dive isn't because John and Ted don't know that refurbishing the hotel and giving a high-quality service is the right thing to do to be successful. It's a dive because they don't want to be successful at running a hotel, that's patently obvious. Their mission is Scientology and sending their money to another galaxy whilst trying to recruit staff and guests to boost their cult bottom line.

Inside Out isn't going to change this, nor is anything that WWP, Anonymous or Googlemappin says. Scientologists thrive on being in conflict with a 'persecuting' majority. They find all this attention entirely validating.

What Inside Out, WWP etc has achieved is getting the truth about Mappin and Stourton out to a wider public and in doing so, made it that much harder for them to exploit unsuspecting people.
  6. Anonymous Member

What Inside Out, WWP etc has achieved is getting the truth about Mappin and Stourton out to a wider public and in doing so, made it that much harder for them to exploit unsuspecting people.

Unfortunately,their devious,illegal? methods still do not warrant a National program or wider coverage on TV, and the Internet blogs etc are only really being read by a small majority of punters

So I agree. Exploiting weak,vunerable and unsuspecting people is mean and nasty.

On a completely different matter, I wonder if the owners of the B & B have ever contributed to the new, and first, Childrens Hospice in Cornwall, as I understand there is a desparate need for this project to be completed

Children (please help)or do they prefer to spend their 'profits' from the paintings and hotel income on their own valiant attempts to get to their next level
  7. Anonymous Member

Really? I think it would make a great Daily Mail double page spread, how about -

"The strange world of the Diamond fortune heir and his friends"
    "Ted Stourton - the next Damien Hirst or the Art Worlds biggest Delusionist"
    "Ted Stourton - the man who put the con into contemporary art - Alledgedly"

And the next round of Tripadvisor newspaper stories will have something to chew on as well.
  8. Anonymous Member

OK, so the story has still only gone 'regional' in the UK and by its nature will have been watched by a small audience,the majority of whom would not be contemplating a holiday in Cornwall since they live there.

If this is a 'con' being perpetrated on an unsuspecting public, and many thousands of pounds are being diverted weekly to the owners cause ,they are not refurbishing their rooms as they tell disgruntled guests who get a crap room, etc etc, then this is fraud on a very large scale.

Could anyone who posts on here volunteer to visit the B & B(only needs to be a bief visit) and whilst there, politely request to see the rooms which are CURRENTLY being renovated

During the last 12 months I have not received any reports of building workers etc near the place

How does the publicity over the last week progress to the next step of 'National' ?

Anyone with contacts at the Telegraph, Guardian or News of The World ?
  9. Re: BBC Inside Out (video): Camelot Castle Hotel 15th Nov 2010

Ho ho ho... now I've got a media database...

On it.
  10. Anonymous Member

Sup bro.
  11. Anonymous Member

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...
  12. Anonymous Member

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]NEWS OF THE WORLD IS MY FAVORITE[/COLOR][/SIZE]

View attachment images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRj2AaPI1ZihEYDaaSSA0cLqyIbN1Mja

[SIZE="3"]IT ALWAYS PUBLISHES 'HAPPINESS' STORIES[/SIZE]

View attachment images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVuINZARKuOwG6Q-FN7ubovSWtb1jYQ

cruise-salute.jpg

[COLOR="Red"]HAPPINESS, AN ODE TO B&B[/COLOR]

To me this old world is a wonderful place
    And I'm just about the luckiest human in the whole human race
    I've got no[COLOR="Silver"] silver [/COLOR]and I've got no[COLOR="DarkOrange"] gold [/COLOR]Just a whole lot of[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Lime"] happiness [/COLOR][/SIZE]in my soul
  13. AnonyVix Member

With the relevant clip on YouTube it is available internationally, you just have to link to it where appropriate.

BBCi player are now hosting that episode too so it is available to all residents in the UK. CCH article is the first segment of the show so no waiting around for the good stuff.

I was impressed by the feature.
  14. incog712 Member

At about 5:17 in the video, there is a shot of one of the rooms showing a small latched door, barely over a foot wide which appears to be a laundry chute.

It's labeled "Fire Exit".

WTF?
  15. Sponge Member

4871454828_84fc257f88.jpg

Mental isn't it?

It probably leads into the next room which will have a more direct escape route outside (unless there's another hatch, then another, then another... LOL).

I'm guessing that the piece of paper on which the make-shift sign is printed is about A4 size so that gives you some idea of the size of the hatch. Too bad if you're a bit of a porker in which case you become a pool of human lard in the event of fire.
  16. Anonymous Member

again,local government, ie Cornwall Council, needs to be advised

Fire safety law and guidance documents for business - Fire and resilience - Department for Communities and Local Government

uk land-line
    0303 444 0000

contactus@communities.gov.uk

Bed and Breakfast Association - new Fire Regulations
  17. Anon99 Member

Isn't that a violation of the fire code? Half the people I know couldn't fit through that door, and these are not exceptionally large people I'm talking about.

The make-shift "sign" is nice too. First class all the way with John and Ted.
  18. Anonymous Member

19. DeathHamster Member

It might lead to Hatch 103-C. (Stargate to other planets. Tinfoil spaceball helmets required!) Little did anyone suspect that there's a golden sandy private beach on the other side...
  20. Anonymous Member

A 65 bedroom Bed and Breakfast is more likely to be closed down due to Fire Regulations not being complied with, than it is for fleecing unsuspecting guests because of the owners Scientology quest for £££££'s

Cornwall Council - Contacting the Council
  21. Sponge Member

Don't you open that Trap Dooorrr.. Yer a fool if ya dare!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDs8VMz-cuc]YouTube - The Trap Door - Intro[/ame]
  22. Anonymous Member

OK, to recap

SPAM E-MAILS

FIRE REGULATIONS

MISLEADING ADVERTISING

STAFF EMPLOYMENT ISSUES

THE TELEPHONE NUMBER TO REPORT: 0300 1234 100

If you have stumbled on this blog and are seriously looking for QUALITY accommodation in Cornwall, then click on this link below. You will not be disappointed

Alastair Sawday's Special Places To Stay - Search

Alastair Sawday's is GUARATEED CAMELOT CASTLE FREE-ZONE

At least 1 in 3 clients who stay at Camelot Castle B and B say they are ripped off
  23. incog712 Member

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.

[IMG]
  24. xenubarb Member

I suspect it's a chute that winds up in the Light Room...when Ted needs company, he need only yell FIRE!
  25. Sharon Member

Had this today...thought you might be interested....Duck Down Duvets! Wow!

Dear Friends and our Noble Ambassadors,

Here's an interesting Christmas GIFT........ A CAMELOT CASTLE THREE DAY PACKAGE or WEEKEND BREAK VOUCHER

Why don't you surprise your parents or your Grandparents with one of our CHRISTMAS GIFT VOUCHERS. Below ( at the end of this email ) is a poem for Grannies...... it might prehaps remind you of yours.....we hope so.

Our NEW packages have been so popular with our friends that this November has been our busiest EVER November. People are staring to find out that this time of year in Cornwall really IS the one of the west times to experience it.

Camelot Castle has been fuller than ever mid week and the cosy atmosphere at this time of year mid week and weekends is unmatched.

So du to that fact that so many people have appreciated this we have extended this OFFER AND OPPORTUNITY so that ALL our friends can enjoy Camelot (at a fraction of the rate).

Last night our Stunning restaurant was filled with our local friends from Tintagel and guests from all over the world celebrating anniversaries and birthdays and relaxing in the way that is so unique to Camelot.

So surprise you Best Friends or your Family and GIVE them one of our Midweek THREE DAY FOR THE PRICE OF ONE....Get away from it all packages the are a great idea FOR A CHRISTMAS OR FOR A NEW YEAR GET AWAY....

Each and Every Room at Camelot has now been upgraded with sumptuous luxury winter Feather Duvets...... Our Classic Rooms some of which are still priced at 39 pounds per night all now boast these luxurious new Duck Down Duvets and feather pillows making your stay even more RELAXING and friendly. I am sure you will appreciate all the improvements that we have made at the Castle......

See all our NEW OFFERS at Cornwall Holiday Accommodation in Luxury | Camelot Castle

We hope to hear from you......and to enjoy a glass of mulled wine with you over the holidays.

Granny

A Summer’s day on Maybury Hill, with dew fresh on the grass,

The sunrise thinly warming up the misty greenhouse glass.

The moment still I capture. I can see the Lilac tree,

Its mauve and heavy scents now bring it back to me.

The Blackbird, on the wooden fence, beside the apple tree,

Where berries, black and tasty, were just too high for me.

I’d wake to Granny’s ‘cooing’. I’d know that something’s up

And sure enough we’d go downstairs and know our luck was struck.

Thick toast slices, all prepared, with Granny’s special jam,

(That only ever tasted right when Granny makes them, as she can.)

“Now, John And Nicky, today’s a treat,

We’re having breakfast on the swinging seat!”

Excited, Pyjama’d we went out to the lawn

And marvelled at the glory of the breaking Woking dawn.

And after eating Toast and Jam or ‘Soldiers’ dipped in eggs,

With dressing gowns wrapped tightly around our chilly legs.

It’d be “Start a Story Granny”, the unison of two voices,

And sure enough you’d start with one of many choices.

“There was Johnny Poo and Nicky Poo who both lived in the wood…”

Then would come a story that would always end up good.

The days in Woking passed in harmony so fine,

That were it not important one would lose all track of time.

From Freddy’s musty tool shed to Roses that she named.

The ‘Mount’ was Granny’s Kingdom. It’s memories her domain.

If it’s Blackberry Picking or Bonfire day,

Brewing some brew or a walk down the way.

Or a Trip to Woolworths to get some more sweets,

These were a few of my Granny’s treats.

In fact it’s hard now to think of those days what was best.

Even down to the smell of the wool of her vest.

Exceptional cooking is rare so it seems.

For nothing was ever like her ‘Runner Beans’

People talk of their Granny’s, in fact often they boast.

But I know that mine is nicer than most.

And I also know this. That wherever I‘ll be,

I have always known that she would love me.

John Mappin

Write to your Granny today or say a prayer for her and let her know that you love her.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS.....
  26. Anonymous Member

Especially if Scientology has forced you to disconnect from her.
  27. TinyDancer Member

Yeah. In case of fire, this sign will be burnt to a cinder and completely useless.
  28. Sponge Member

29. xenubarb Member

Lolwut? Is this the west time to visit Cornwall and stare at it?
  30. AnonyVix Member

This is surely a shoop, can't be for really - can it!? ><
  31. AnonyVix Member

Grannies, yes we like grannies, disposable income, vulnerable to suggestion... oh yes we love grannies.
  32. xenubarb Member

Dem grannies make de good stew!
    Courage the Cowardly Dog - Cajun Granny Stew
  33. sooleater Member

omfg soo good
  34. GoogleMappin Member

Err, apparently, horrifyingly, this wasn't a shoop. It's from a Tripadvisor review dated 2007. It seems this really WAS the fire escape from this room into another (or more likely, this life into the next).

Maybe it's since been papered over in the ongoing 'refurbishments'?

Anyway, new duvets = ongoing refurbishments, ok?
  35. RightOn Member

that door always reminds me of "Being John Malkovich" or however you spell it.
  36. Anonymous Member

THAT'S AT LEAST 5 SPELLING MISTAKES IN THAT E-MAIL

WHAT A COMPLETE WASTE OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL EDUCATION

THE PRAT NEEDS SPELLING LESSONS, and when you arrive at the B & B, JUST HOW MANY MORE 'ERRORS' WILL YOU ENCOUNTER ?

'Although our matriculation results are excellent, preparation for them does not dominate a boy's time here. We strive to cultivate habits of disciplined organisation and clarity of thought, practical qualities necessary for a happy and creative life, together with a deep respect for the best that has been thought and said in the European cultural tradition.'

Winchester College
  37. RolandRB Member

This needs to be reported to the local authority.
  38. Re: BBC Inside Out (video): Camelot Castle Hotel 15th Nov 2010

The Co$ don't really understand the UK, they only have 3000 members here as far as I can tell, and the only people who have supported any of their events were the London Met Police, who supported a Narcanon anti drugs do a little while ago and reportedly support moving people protestng London Orgs on. (Is there a mole I wonder)

This Camelot Fiasco just sums them up for me, the comments on some travel web sites were unbelievable, either very very critical, or OTT wonderful, I don't know about elsewhere but that gets alarm bells ringing right away.

I guess that somewhere soon John Sweeney will have another pop at them, the mans a hero, can't wait.

The BBC also doesn't seem too concerned about the Co$ taking them on in the courts.

Despite some difficulties with more totalitarian goverments the Beeb's reputation world wide is pretty good, it guards it independance fiercely and defends its often very courageous reporters to the hilt. And if the Co$ wants to try to take them on in the courts they should remember this is a very large organisation now. The annual income from Dr Who alone would match the Co$ annual income at least.

I hope the 'soft' approach of the Met is investigated soon, since that seems highly suspicious to me. The met has quite few problems to deal with thouh so I suppose they may not have the Co$ high on their agenda.

It would be nice to see them suffering as much as they are in France though.
  39. JohnnyRUClear Member

There are more.
  40. Re: BBC Inside Out (video): Camelot Castle Hotel 15th Nov 2010

HA. Being Elron.