Customize

Baton Rouge, Louisiana Protest

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by Knight Cygnus, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight Cygnus Member

Baton Rouge, Louisiana Protest

Hello all, I am a Knight of Jediism at the TOTJO (TempleoftheJediorder.org) and I have become interested in doing something positive for the world, the abuses of the Co$ have disgusted me at a deep core level and I wish to help in dismantling this group for the good of all, unfortunetly, as much as I would like to be at the next protest, in my town, I have no transportation, and would like to know the if I could get a ride from my fellow Baton Rougians for the event. I will not give out personal information, but I can be reached via Yahoo mail. at Josephiroth_jojo_the_awesome@yahoo.com (please don't give me any points for posting my e-mail address, I don't have any other one that isn't flooded in spam) I'd also like to know what I can prepare to bring, also, my brother can play guitar like a virtuoso and supports the cause, and I was wondering if a minstrel would be of use?

May the force be with you all.
  2. anon0004 Member

Re: Baton Rouge, Louisiana Protest

Wall of text

lrn2format

But hey tis is some funny shit
  3. amaX Member

hold on a minute: are the baton rouge protests like combo mardi gras/star wars/ renaissance faire events? because if that's the case, i say we have a regional protest in baton rouge!
  4. TheBitch Member

I was passing through durinng SeaArgh, and at that time there wasn't any BTR protest that I knew of / could find. Closest back then was in New Orleans. There NEEDS to be some protest there though, FOR SURE. They turned McKinley, or was it Prescott High into a "tech" based warehouse for problem student / thugs bussed in from all over the city with the help of a personal appearance before the school board by Travolta some years ago. Hard to imagine how a coonass could fall for this shit, cher! If you do picket, let us know if you get any sense of ethic demographics of people going in and out. BTR's demographics have shifted since Katrina and I saw some "personality tests" at a restaurant out on Florida Blvd. in the Vietnamese community businesses.

Good luck finding a ride. Buses in BTR suck rocks.
  5. 3rdMan Member

About time Louisiana joins in! Welcome to the cause of enturbulating and lulz!
  6. FreakE420 Member

WHAT?

New Orleans has been doing it since the beginning!
  7. Knight Cygnus Member

As far as I know, there's never been a protest in BR before, I just heard about one, but yeah, Star wars/Rennaisance style would be cool, I could walk, anyone else from br e-mail me, or drop a line here, I thing a regional protest would be a good idea, we could invite WBRZ down to report it, they love stuff like that....could be sweet if we got the 501st Stormtrooper Legion out with us....we still got a few days yet, so lets plan, I think I can find a way down, we just need to find a place to do it... I don't even know if there is a CO$ in baton rouge, or if the Xtians ran them out of town yet, .....I could drum up aLOT of support from the Christians in town, yeah let me check..yeah got it here;s the address and phone number
    9432 Common St
    Baton Rouge, LA 70809
    (225) 928-6856
    ok, this is the staging ground, we need the following people, first, we need to get to decide on a date, and a time...
    crap, yeah, Prescott middle...we need to stop this. they're teaching a curriculum there that was written by L.Ron. Hubbard. himself.(or at least it's claimed to be, of course, not such a good idea to claim that, kinda like in order to spread support for an economic plan written by FDR say it was written by MC hammer.)
    ok, after we get set on a date, and time. we need to make sure we get all the proper legalizations from the city, and start drumming up support, hit the Christian churches, the mosques, the high scools the colleges the libraries, the malls, anywhere you can find possible supporters. I think we should stage this as a regional protest, and set a goal over over 9000. (lol)...but if we can't get that level of Win, I say at least 300 or so if we can.
    May The Force be With you, always
  8. 3rdMan Member

WHOOPS! My bad! A thousand pardons, sir.
  9. amaX Member

laissez les bons temps rouler!
  10. Optimisticate Member

Do the BR and Lafayette orgs still have their radio shows going?
  11. TheBitch Member

I did a BRIEF review of Baton Rouge city ordinances whilst there during SeaArgh and as I recall, no masks and you MAY NEED A PERMIT. Please check this shit out FIRST before showing up on their doorstep! They have some connections to local educational system, odds are they've got connections on local police force. BE CAREFUL.
  12. Knight Cygnus Member

Ok, got some more info, we have to file for a special event permit at least seven days in advance, we must any vendors and for selling alchohol and get permission from the property owner first (since we plan of doing this on public property and without alchohol I see the fee, and permissions from land owners and vendors as a non issue, it can't be on sunday and we can't file for a permit more than 3 times per year, also the event can't last longer than 3 days, so we can stage a good long protest. I don't know any more specifics, but I got this from the city parish web site.
    I'd really like it if someone fact checks this to make sure I'm right, I don't wanna give those cultists anything to use against us.
    I'll be making some calls tomorrow, and starting to inquire downtown tomorrow, May The Force Be With You, Always
  13. amaX Member

let's also see if more people are interested in showing up.
  14. Behave Member

i'd take the drive from mandeville to BR for this... i'll see who i can get from the northshore
  15. Re: Baton Rouge, Louisiana Protest

Take care to stay away from anything rhyming with heavies
  16. Re: Baton Rouge, Louisiana Protest

So its hunting season again! Anyone gonna show up in lafayette? I would hate to be the lone anon
  17. JoshTheater Member

Still Alive - Marcab

If folks would be so kind as to throw together some quick, one paragraph summaries of what's been going on in their local cells here, the hope is to get a nice website up compiling everything (kinda like Anonymous Resources, only with some more information about the groups). We could even *gasp* KEEP IT UP TO DATE!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.