Customize

Barrett Brown: Threats To FBI & Raid by FBI

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Anonymous, Sep 11, 2012.

1. PresidentShaw Member

• Like Like x 2
  2. A.O.T.F Member

He has worked extremely hard to get himself clean. I admire the guy's efforts in doing so. Word for the day - Compassion.
  3. PresidentShaw Member

I don't like the guy, I'm not gonna pretend I do. I don't really care about his personal problems, as I'm certain he doesn't give two shits about mine. I still think he got an unfair trial but don't force me to like him.
  4. Disambiguation Global Moderator

I don't like him, I admire him. He did a great job with organizing the results of the Strafor hack.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Has the hacktivist group Anonymous been secretly plotting to overthrow the United States government? Federal prosecutors seem to think so, but attorneys for a Texas man on trial for alleged computer crimes say such isn’t the case.

http://rt.com/usa/barrett-brown-anonymous-overthrow-912/
  6. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Amusing. Scientology plots to take over the US government and nothing happens to them.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. A.O.T.F Member

Of course, any law abiding government wouldn't resort to using such tactics themselves, now, would they ... Oh wait
  8. DeathHamster Member

His mistake was in not linking to a rickroll.
    • Like Like x 3
  9. A.O.T.F Member

Discuss

Toe to toe, dancing very close
    Barely breathing, almost comatose
    Wall to wall, people hypnotized
    And they're stepping lightly
    Hang each night in rapture

Back to back, sacroiliac
    Spineless movement and a wild attack
    Face to face, sadly solitude
    And it's finger popping
    Twenty-four hour shopping in rapture

Fab Five Freddie told me everybody's fly
    DJ's spinnin' are savin' my mind
    Flash is fast, flash is cool
    Francois sais pas, flashe' no do

And you don't stop, sure shot
    Go out to the parking lot
    And you get in your car and drive real far
    And you drive all night and then you see a light

And it comes right down and lands on the ground
    And out comes a man from Mars
    And you try to run but he's got a gun
    And he shoots you dead and he eats your head

And then you're in the man from Mars
    You go out at night eatin' cars
    You eat Cadillacs, Lincolns too
    Mercurys and Subarus

And you don't stop, you keep on eatin' cars
    Then when there's no more cars
    You go out at night and eat up bars
    Where the people meet

Face to face, dance cheek to cheek
    One to one, man to man
    Dance toe to toe, don't move too slow
    'Cause the man from Mars is through with cars

He's eatin' bars, yeah, wall to wall
    Door to door, hall to hall
    He's gonna eat 'em all
    Rapture, be pure

Take a tour through the sewer
    Don't strain your brain, paint a train
    You'll be singin' in the rain
    I said, "Don't stop, do punk rock"

Man to man, body muscular
    Seismic decibel by the jugular
    Wall to wall, tea time technology
    And a digital ladder, no sign of bad luck in rapture

Well, now you see what you wanna be
    Just have your party on TV
    'Cause the man from Mars won't eat up bars
    Where the TV's on

Now he's gone back up to space
    Where he won't have a hassle with the human race
    And you hip-hop and you don't stop
    Just blast off, sure shot

'Cause the man from Mars
    Stopped eatin' cars and eatin' bars
    And now he only eats guitars

Get up!
  10. Disambiguation Global Moderator

I wish we had the anonymous button back. The things I want to say about Blondie will not be public. That being said this song is one of the earliest versions of rap. WTF the Village People in the background.
  11. 1968:

12. Andy Downs Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kitt Member

• Like Like x 6
  14. Oh..marble cake.
    Yummy.
  15. rof Member

http://subliminalridge.blogspot.com/2014/03/barrett-browns-plan-to-overthrow.html
    • Like Like x 4
  16. rof Member

http://www.theguardian.com/law/2014...hyperlink-hacked-material-want-case-dismissed
    • Like Like x 2
  17. rof Member

• Like Like x 2
  18. hasnulife Member

Anonymous should have declared itself a religious entity. Spaghetti monster worshipers following the way of Rick Christ.
    is.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  19. The Wrong Guy Member

Electronic Frontier Foundation Statement on Dismissal of 11 Charges Against Barrett Brown

The U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Texas today filed a motion to dismiss 11 charges against Barrett Brown in a criminal prosecution that would have had massive implications for journalism and the right of ordinary people to share links. EFF has written extensively about the case and had planned to file an amicus brief on Monday on behalf of several reporters groups arguing for the dismissal of the indictment.

<snipped>

In response to the decision by the federal prosecutor’s office to drop some, but not all of Brown's charges, EFF issued the following statement:

"We are relieved that federal prosecutors have decided to drop these charges against Barrett Brown. In prosecuting Brown, the government sought to criminalize a routine practice of journalism — linking to external sources — which is a textbook violation of free speech protected by the First Amendment. Although this motion is good news for Brown, the unnecessary and unwarranted prosecution has already done much damage; not only has it harmed Brown, the prosecution — and the threat of prosecution it raised for all journalists — has chilled speech on the Internet. We hope that this dismissal of charges indicates a change in the Department of Justice priorities. If not, we will be ready to step in and defend free speech.”

EFF plans to publish its draft brief and deeper analysis later this week.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2014/03/eff-statement-dismissal-11-charges-against-barrett-brown
    • Like Like x 6
  20. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Oh to be a fly on the wall during the US attorney's decision. They hung on to it as long as they could. I wonder what in particular made them stop.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. rof Member

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...ls-court-that-sharing-link-is-not-crime.shtml
    • Like Like x 2
  22. Andy Downs Member

I knew a guy in aviation who had helped smuggle drugs in the 80's. The FAA knew it, but he never got caught. So the FAA decided to make up a bunch of crap and revoke his license.

Well out of work, he was broke, not money for attorneys

He represented himself. He appealed everything when he was supposed to do it, etc.
    The day before the trial when the real US Atty looked at the FAA's case he dropped the charges. If they had lost the damages to the FAA money wise would have been substantial, so they withdrew the complaint so no liability attached.

My guess is this was a major factor. However they still have to get their pound of flesh, (time served or something) to keep this from being a total disaster for them (the US Atty/FBI).

This is where Barrett will have to cop to some BS charge to get out. NO JUSTICE in the "Justice System"
    This would eliminate the US Atty from egg on their face and the FBI along with Barrett's legal fees, and other stuff.
    It's close but it ain't over yet.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. FloGold Moderator

http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2014/03/06/barrett-brown-hyperlink-charges-dropped/

• Like Like x 5
  24. muldrake Member

Sadly, this is probably correct. In a fair world, the rest of their garbage would be thrown out when their case turned out to be trumped-up bullshit as substantial as a fart in a windstorm, but instead, the prosecutor is probably angry and wants revenge for losing and being forced to drop most of this fake case.
    • Like Like x 3
  25. Andy Downs Member

It would be great if someone could make a widget that had a clock update showing how long Barrett has been in without bail.
    I can;t write code, however someone may be able to that sees this.

If it had Barrett's picture, site links, etc and a continual clock showing how many hours days, etc Barrett has been held.

People could add it to their websites like The Day We Fight Back did.
    I would bet a lot of people would take part if it was available.
    Thoughts?
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  26. Kilia Member

About time!!
    • Like Like x 3
  27. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Very interesting interview on the show and on Anonymous and on hacking
    • Like Like x 2
  28. rof Member

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2014/...brown-still-threatens-journalistic-freedom-us
    • Like Like x 2
  29. DeathHamster Member

An adult threatened them with no dessert after dinner.
  30. muldrake Member

Sadly, they very well may have intended to drop these charges all along, because they were obviously bullshit, and just used them temporarily to make sure Barrett Brown spent a long time behind bars without even having a trial.

They knew they'd get away with it, because prosecutors routinely maliciously prosecute, and they never have to pay any kind of price for their illegal behavior.
    • Like Like x 5
  31. AMD

32. Andy Downs Member

Hey Meeps....its cool you don;t like the Banner for Barrett idea, just curious as to why
  33. RavenEyes Member

When I thin of a clock like you're describing, Andy, I think of Jack Bauer.

Barrett is no Jack Bauer. So, I pass on the idea.
  34. meep meep Member

I do not believe I responded to your idea. Maybe another meep meep clone like me3p m3ep
  35. meep meep Member

I think it's a good idea, but the ones you need to convince are Anons with the skillz
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Andy Downs Member

I think of a digital clock showing how long he has been held without bail
    • Like Like x 1
  37. rof Member

• Like Like x 3
  38. rof Member

You are a cunt.
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  39. Disambiguation Global Moderator

This is sad. The overcharging delayed resolution and the only one punished for that was Barrett. He did threaten and FBI agent and his family so some time I could understand.
    • Like Like x 2