Customize

Bank-Owned Homes and Sci Mailings

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by DeliciousCakeSF, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Bank-Owned Homes and Sci Mailings

We all know that the Scilons will forgo paying bills to do mail outs. We all know that the housing crisis has sent a whole bunch of homes into foreclosure and bank-ownership. All those bank-owned homes have no residents in them. Why don't we troll the foreclosure/bank-owned homes sites, mine the addresses, and "request" for Scilon mailings to these empty houses?

Here's one example of a bank-owned home site: http://www.coloradobankowned.com/

You all know there's plenty of these sites out there. So what do you all say, Anonymous? Shall we do this? :twisted:
  2. AnonKiwi Member

Re: Bank-Owned Homes and Sci Mailings

More people requesting scilon mailings = STATS UP GUYZ!

This might make the Orgs feel better - I'm inclined to try and kill their mailouts rather than encourage them... we want all of their numbers to trend DOWN from now on? :)
  3. Sub-Atomic Member

But, the money they spend sending the packets to these empty houses, is money they won't be using to send real people packets.

It's better to give them a false sense of security, then pull the rug out from under them, IMO.
  4. anonymous3347 Member

I think the idea is very funny and creative. Wasting the time and resources of orgs is fine with me. But tread lightly, because the US Postal Service is unlikely to share the amusement. A couple of people might get away with it in a few places, but if anything like this happens on a large enough scale, Sam the Eagle will frown at you.
  5. Re: Bank-Owned Homes and Sci Mailings

The USPS will frown upon the Scilons for not double-checking whether the new request is from a legit person or an empty house. For the Scilons, it might seem like they're getting an upstat but over time, they'll notice less return on investment on their mailings.

The point here is to waste their money and time.

The mail carrier delivering the mail might just leave the stuff inside the empty house's mailbox. S/He still makes his/her route.

6. Zzzzz Member

The postmen will frown on both CoS and Anon, and anything that makes their jobs more difficult than they really need to be. I haven't seen any numbers, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the USPS processes more pieces of junk mail (including CoS mail-outs) than bills, packages and actual letters.

But this seems like a good thing to do, sparingly, so that not too many fake addresses are on any given carrier's route. I guess I have a soft spot for mail carriers -- from what I've read, the USPS isn't that much better than Sea Org.