Customize

Australian Snap Election: Might this impact Senator X?

Discussion in 'Senator Xenophon And Scientology' started by Trev6, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Timmibal Member

Re: Australian Snap Election: Might this impact Senator X?

The whole thing basically got violently shoved out the way of the failtrain that is the ETS/CPRS.

It will be back on the agenda early 2010, we hope.

My only fear is, considering how ADD Joe Public is, that the whole thing has a chance of being missed by the media by the time it actually hits the senate.
  2. _You_ Member

Here's a potentially dumb question. Can ordinary citizens sit in on Senate discussions? I know some Parliaments allow it, depending on country.
  3. _You_ Member

Yep
    Parliament of Australia: Visitors - Public Galleries

But you can just watch it on tv, one of the D44 channels I think
  4. El Diablo Member

^^^

And of course the internets! Not just the senate and house of reps chambers either. They have web-casts and there's also some broadcasts on sky news's APAC (Australian Public Affairs Channel - on foxtel) from the committee sessions.
  5. _You_ Member

True, but if the public is allowed in and around the Senate, and if we're worried that media attention might wane by the time the issue is brought up in 2010, then why not stage a series of public rallies or demonstrations through January to draw attention back to it? Something along the lines of "Countdown to Scientology's Reckoning". Final rally could be outside the venue of the Senate meeting on the issue.

I'm aware of the fact that our ability to draw and maintain attention is eclipsed by the news media, but I see nothing wrong with trying to kick-start the process.
  6. thefatman Member

Having a rally where the Senate is sounds like a great idea, but in practice it's boring, lame, and causes sun burn.

Also, it's in Canberra where a party of three Anons would easily outnumber all of the Scis in the org (there are only two of them).

But tl;dr reasoning aside, there is nothing AT Parliament House, having a raid there would be cool in theory, but in practice we would just fry in the heat and then be ignored by the politicians, except our leader Xenuphon, who would pose for photos as he regained control of this section of the galaxy.
  7. _You_ Member

That's LORD Xenophon, you young buck!
  8. _You_ Member

Once again, my lack of detailed local knowledge of Australia has become my Achilles Heel...