Customize

Austin, TX Protest?

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by EliTheOmega, Jul 1, 2010.

1. EliTheOmega Member

Austin, TX Protest?

This won't be for a while but i'd like to do a memorial for Lisa McPherson in front of the church right across the street from the university of texas, in case you don't know Lisa's birthday it is February 10th. This protest would be in the year 2011, contact me on a time, preferably earlier then later, thank you for your time.
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: Austin, TX Protest?

Check in with Dallas,
    or lurk moar in their planning threads.

Dallas Anon harbors some disaffected Austinfags, and some persons in between Austin and Dallas. Either you can recruit from there, or they can assimilate you.

???
    WAT
  3. Re: Austin, TX Protest?

I think that would be a great idea. Lots of foot traffic on the west mall when classes are in session right near the $cilon base. Keep me posted and I'll be there.
  4. Mix Mac Member

Hey, myself and a handful of others are trying to get together a raid in Houston on the Saturday before Halloween. Just wondering if any other Texas Anons want to join us.
  5. Anon998 Member

I would but I don't have the funds to really go anywhere besides Dallas
  6. Re: Austin, TX Protest?

I might be able to make it to Houston. I'd have to admit it will be my first participation in a protest but I'm stoked about getting my feet wet. Keep me posted. Houston not too far of a drive from Austin If I can get the time off from work to make the trip. Anything in the search for epic win and major lulz.
  7. Mix Mac Member

Great, it will be my first raid as well. I made a thread specifically for the raid, search Houston halloween raid.
  8. I am Xenu Member

I think a ATX protest would be great. Lot's of foot and car traffic on guadalupe where the building is and right across the street from the UT tower. Many opportunities for lulz to be had at this location.
  9. Aenonema Member

I'm all for a protest in Austin on February 10th, I have a few friends interested in attending as well.
  10. Dissonant Member

Another ATX (er), here... Maybe we could form our own "chapter"?

I'm not a fan of [STRIKE]UT[/STRIKE] Sciencrapogy, so I'm game... :p

Dallas is 4 friggin', fraggin' hours from me... :(

If anyone wants to orch. something, let a cracka know!
  11. Anonymous1387 Member

A protest in Austin would be awesome I'd be down for that. just keep updating and we should form an Austin cell because Dallas is a long way for me as well.
  12. JustMissedMe Member

Another Austinite here, or close enough for horseshoes and hand grenades. I've only made it up to Dallas for a raid once as yet, and if anybody else showed that afternoon, I never managed to find them. Fluke, I'm sure, but it is still a heck of a drive to do often. So count me game for a protest in Austin as well.
  13. Anon12960000 Member

I'm out in New Mexico but I'd love to try to come out and support!
  14. Anonymous Member

Albuquerque recently had an active cell.
  15. Anon12960000 Member

Thats great! It would be much easier to make a trip out to albuquerque. I'll keep an eye out for activities there and would greatly appreciate any info on any planned protests there. I'm new to the area, so I'm not aware of the CoS presence in the state.... though I have come across an old local TV news story about a "secret" compound they have in northern NM.

Here is the youtube link for your reference if you have not heard of it:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGyWfQyORgw[/ame]
  16. OPFOR Member

I can show up in Austin.
  17. Re: Austin, TX Protest?

austin-fags are dead
  18. Anonymous Member

Don't be an SP.

If enough new members are interested it can be reborn.
  19. Re: Austin, TX Protest?

Me and a couple of friends would totally be interested in coming.
    One question though, we're in high school, do you mind 15-18 year olds?
    (P.S. We can bring Caek if it's any consolation:D)
  20. anon943 Member

arkansas anons coming to an austin raid. got about 3 interested here.
  21. Anonymous1387 Member

This will be awesome if we can get that many people to actually show up. with a group that size though it would probably be best to meet up somewhere and all head towards the cult building together. safety in numbers and all that. we also need a date. Any suggestions?
  22. I am Xenu Member

THE CAEK IS A LIE

I'm up for a raid, whenever it is decided that there will be one
  23. Aciid c0d3r Member

I am back and definitely down with 2 more at least
  24. JustMissedMe Member

I'm all for the Feb 10th raid suggested at the start of this thread, for the record. But if there's enough interested types, we could always try for monthly or semi-monthly raids like other cities.

Granted, planning one for this calendar year is a bit tricky. We're rapidly running out of November to work with. UT shuts down on December 3rd for the winter break and stays down until pretty much mid-January. I'm rarely down that way, but I'm guessing foot and pedestrian traffic in the area of Org is pretty drastically reduced when the university isn't in session.

But classes start back on Tues, January 18th. College was a dozen years and several states ago, but I seem to recall that the various groups trying to recruit students tend to make more of an effort around the start of the term. Maybe this would be a good time to do some raiding? A weekday raid would mean more traffic, but I know weekends are easier for most folks to show up for. I can do either, or both, probably.

Anybody else up for a raid sometime in the general Jan 18th-22nd range of things? I've got a video camera, a couple of signs, and I can buy caek. (No GF mask, but I suspect I can figure something out before then.) Hell, I'll even print some mini-flyers to hand out. I just don't want to try doing this alone, for obvious reasons.

Do we know if there's any Austin-specific laws that might apply to a raid? Permits, police contact required, anything like that? If we don't know, any guesses who in the heck I would call to ask about that kind of thing?
  25. I am Xenu Member

Actually, It shuts down on the 17th. Finals run through the 14th. People will still be wandering around until then.
  26. Slappy Member

Just moved to Austin a month or two ago. Was involved in Dallas raids, I had a feeling Austin was pretty dead but I'd really love to get a Lisa McPherson memorial raid together.

Does anyone know the Austin ordinances regarding protests?
  27. agf Member

hey I'm a webguy if you guys wanna bring back the austin crew I have ppls who would love to join. I got a friend in Killeen, and one at work.

just say the word and I'll throw something together.

gregg can verify that I'm authentic, even if I pissed him off a couple of times... he has my gmail chat
  28. Anonymous Member

I'm in San Antonio. If y'all get serious, I could come up on weekends. I recommend starting Austin again from scratch all by yourselves.
  29. agf Member

that was the plan
  30. Anonymous Member

lmao
  31. agf Member

thought you'd like that
  32. Zak McKracken Member

AGF is one awesome dude
    and I am honored to have protested with him

0.jpg
  33. agf Member

um dats agp lawl
  34. Zak McKracken Member

samefag?
  35. agf Member

i'm MUCH fatter
  36. Anonymous Member

If you guys are still thinking of being in Austin on 10th of February, then i am there!
  37. Re: Austin, TX Protest?

I just ordered a Guy Fawkes mask, I'd love to come if I can make it.
  38. Re: Austin, TX Protest?

I'm from Dallas, but will be in Austin through the first week of January. I know it's a bit short notice, but if anyone is down for a quick get-together of the raiding type this week or next (excepting the 4th-8th) I could probably come and bring a friend.

Any takers?

In any case it's wonderful to see renewed interest in Austin - your Org is in a seriously prime location, and UT seems to have been under-utilized as a source of Anons...
  39. Time to necrotize the thread. I want to start an organized Austin Chapter for protestors, not what was there before. I believe it is time to rise back up, to cast off our image of clowns and truly become a unified force.

svobodu.ot.ugneteniya [at] gmail.com
  40. Anonymous Member

What is the problem with clowns?