Customize

[Aug 30, 2012] We Shall RAID Before Summer Sets! (Clearwater, Florida)

Discussion in 'Planning' started by amaX, Aug 10, 2012.

1. amaX Member

The cult failed to bring super power before Summer dawned, but we promise that Anonymous is going to bring the lulz before Summer sets! Who knows? There might even be an impromptu faux super power grand opening in the works...

We are protesting two times in three days.
    First protest is on Thursday August 30th. That's this thread.
    There will be a second thread made up for Saturday September 1st in case you want to rsvp for that event, too.

Wear comfy clothes and shoes. If you want to remain anonymous then wear a disguise. Guy Fawkes masks are allowed in Clearwater. Covering your face is allowed in Clearwater. Park well outside of the downtown area: 8-10 blocks if not more. If you don't want to walk that far then take a bus. We don't recommend that you take a taxi. If notice that you're being followed while on foot then go to the police station. If you feel you're in danger then dial 9-1-1. ALWAYS BRING A CAMERA WITH YOU. ALWAYS HAVE IT READY.

Get ready to stay hydrated. We drink lots of water and we take a lot of breaks.

We don't condone any illegal activities. We live here. If we see you break the law then we will call the police ourselves.

We have signs. If you want a sign that says something specific then you can make that up yourself.

If you get to City Hall Fountain late then you can walk around till you find us. We're on Watterson St. a lot. If you hear horn honking then go toward the horn sounds. If you're not hearing horns honking then we're probably on Watterson/Sea Org Alley.

See you downtown!
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Darth Xander Member

Yes! Finally, your parole is up! See you there!
  3. amaX Member

laugh it up, funny boy.
  4. Anonymous Member

Always enjoy post games from Clearwater AKA cultfuckistan.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Eudae Member

I've never been to a protest before in my life, but I fully plan on attending this, and possibly the event on Saturday.

Looking forward to meeting everyone there.
  6. RightOn Member

if you have never been and you have any questions, please ask before you go.
    Always smart to bring a camera and a video cam is even better. Not good to go alone.
    Every state has different laws, and also mask laws too.
    Best to ask so you are well aware of what you will be up against
  7. Eudae Member

I know to bring water, a mask, probably food, and a video camera to document the event and any suspicious actions they take against protesters, and I'll work on creating a sign.
    If I'm missing anything please let me know.

I also know that each scientology center handles protesters differently. Has this place been picketed before, and if so, how do they respond? Do I need to prepare for any stalking, harassment, or confrontation?
    How many people generally show up at the events? I'm expecting 4 at least but I'd like to know for certain.
  8. RightOn Member

Clearwater is Scientology's mecca and the belly of the beast
    amaX or Xander can fill you in
    In the mean time take a jog around the forum about Clearwater and also watch some vids on youtube
  9. Eudae Member

Alright, if they don't reply soon I'll send a PM to ask them.

I'll check out the rest of the forum, but no need to tell me to watch more YT Scientology vids, I have two or three open right now.
    Thank you for your help, RightOn. Looking forward to the protests.
  10. Darth Xander Member

Bring a mask, don't really need food. We'll have signs, but certainly feel free to make your own if you wish.

Yes, Flag has been picketed many, many times before. It is home to the world's largest concentration of Sea Org. There are security guards to watch over them and those guards will watch over you too. As of late they don't seem to be too aggressive but they can be. I've posted hours and hours of video of us raiding there. Just search YT for "Sea Org Alley" and watch the most recent vids to get the best sense of how things will go.

As for numbers, that's always a crap shoot. I know for certain AMA and I will be there. Other than that, who knows? Hope to see you there.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Eudae Member

Hey, I have an update.

I start classes one week from now, and I was thinking about making an announcement to my peers advertising this protest, informing them about Scientology's abuses, and offering rides from my campus to Clearwater. I may also print out fliers, if not for the protest, then at least spreading awareness, on some of our many bulletin boards.

Before I fully start planning this out, is there anything I should know, like are you guys okay with me doing this?

Thanks in advance.
  12. Darth Xander Member

Heck yeah. The more the merrier. I can help with rides too if need be.
  13. amaX Member

hey, bring who ya want.

fliers: i myself have probably printed out over a thousand fliers. we've handed out something like 50 since february of 2008. i wouldn't print out a whole lot if you choose to make up fliers. i'd do 50 at the most.

see you downtown!
  14. Eudae Member

Few more questions, I apologize if this isn't the proper place to bring them up, and if so please direct me to where they would be more appropriate.

It seems we have 4 confirmed attendees, and possibly more may come from the site or ones I bring in. If we hit a certain number, do we then require a permit, or is there no limit to the amount of people we can bring?

Bit off-topic, but if I had a question about Scientology and their charities (or specifically where all the money goes), where could I raise it?
  15. Darth Xander Member

Numbers don't become a concern until 200. I don't see that being a concern.

All the money goes to the midget.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Eudae Member

Tom or DM?
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Darth Xander Member

Good point. DM.
  18. amaX Member

cameras. if you're coming alone make sure you have a camera on you and that it's ready. if you're in a group make sure that at least one of you has a camera ready. make sure you stress this to anyone that might be attending.
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Budd Member

Thursday seems like an arbitrary date, because it's "the end of summer" maybe?

I'll be driving over from Orlando, on the 1st for certain. Any Orlandonians want to make a pilgrimage to Mecca?
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Eudae Member

Glad to have you attending the event, Budd.
  21. amaX Member

shhhhhh. there's a reason. i'm not posting it here for prying OSA eyes.
  22. Budd Member

Aww, you can tell me. I won't say anything. Call me maybe?
  23. Darth Xander Member

The whole world will know soon enough.
  24. Eudae Member

Ah, recommended uniform?

I don't want to wear a RLM shirt and jeans if you guys are coming in with suits. :D
  25. Darth Xander Member

Jeans? In that heat? You're as crazy as the Scilons. T-shirt and shorts for me.
  26. Eudae Member

Thanks for fielding all these questions, by the way.

I went and got a PVC Pipe (It's about seven feet, good luck hiding the sign with Umbrellas :cool:) and two poster boards to build the sign, as I heard somewhere that you aren't allowed to use wood anymore. Just to verify, have there been any issues about that in the past?
  27. Darth Xander Member

No issues with signs for me. My last sign included a dowel, so not sure about not being allowed to use wood anymore.
  28. Eudae Member

Alright, and of the 5 of us confirmed for the event, how many have video cameras? I'm saving for a new computer so I'm hesitant to buy one for myself, just curious if that is going to be a problem.
    (By the way if you'd prefer I send private messages with these questions rather than perma-bumping the thread, let me know)
  29. Darth Xander Member

Definitely AMA and I will have cameras, probably at least one other person. You don't really need one.
  30. Anonymous Member

A Clearwater protest? Go harvest the lulz, you faggots!
  31. anonymous612 Member

As an elaboration to AMA's directions, since we have newer attendees...

IF YOU CANNOT FIND US:
    Go to the intersection of Ft Harrison Avenue and Cleveland Street. Look for the big, square, stone building with "CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY" carved along the top. We should be in the alleyway just to the right of that building's big green door.

If you can't find Ft Harrison Ave and Cleveland Street:
    First, learn to google, srsly. Second, find the Super Power Building and the Ft Harrison Hotel. The SP Building is just south of the big Pinellas bus depot. There's an enclosed bridge connecting those two buildings across a busy road. Follow that road north (towards the bus depot) until you see the "CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY" carving.

If you're just horribly, hopelessly lost, I will be checking PMs on this forum and this thread during the early part of the protest.
  32. amaX Member

it will be enough if you have a camera on your phone.

be prepared to hold onto the pvc piped signage. hold on for dear life. even the tiniest bit of wind will get a hold of it and you will be struggling with it all day. i've done it twice so i know what i speak of. of course you don't have to carry it all day long. you can put it up and carry another sign or the Anon flag.
  33. anonymous612 Member

We will have plenty of signs if you get tired of carrying it, as well as a flag.

I've never heard about not being allowed to use wood. I might recommend against it, since it's heavier and therefore harder to control, and we sometimes work in tight quarters with Scilons.

If you're masking up, you might want to bring a bandana along. Sometimes in the summer heat it gets a little...humid inside the mask, and some people have found wearing a bandana underneath the mask improves it. It also means you can take the mask off without fear of being identified.

As an elaboration to AMA's directions, since we have newer attendees...

IF YOU CANNOT FIND US:
    Go to the intersection of Ft Harrison Avenue and Cleveland Street. Look for the big, square, stone building with "CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY" carved along the top. We should be in the alleyway just to the right of that building's big green door.

If you can't find Ft Harrison Ave and Cleveland Street:
    First, learn to google, srsly. Second, find the Super Power Building and the Ft Harrison Hotel. The SP Building is just south of the big Pinellas bus depot. There's an enclosed bridge connecting those two buildings across a busy road. Follow that road north (towards the bus depot) until you see the "CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY" carving.

If you're just horribly, hopelessly lost, I will be checking PMs on this forum and this thread during the early part of the protest.
  34. Eudae Member

I gave a short speech advertising it in one class (but forgot to include the sinister aspects of the church so it fell flat), then my teacher advised making fliers. Printed out fifty copies of a custom flier, handed out about forty. Many people didn't know anything about the Church or Anonymous but I ran into two people who had protested them before (that couldn't make it), and a scattered few seemed really excited or at least knew what was going on.

I'm making more fliers for my Tuesday class next week but hopefully we might get a new member or two from today.
  35. anonymous612 Member

You may also want to try YouFoundTheCarding.

The url "YouFoundTheCard.com" now redirects to WhyWeProtest. So you can print off a bunch of business cards (or print them out X-to-a-page on a sheet of paper and cut them out) that just say, for instance, "YOUFOUNDTHECARD.COM What will you do now?" Then you just go all ninja and hide them places.

If you do a google image search for YouFoundTheCard (all one word) you can find a bunch of versions. I've linked a few good ones below.

Some of my favorite places to hide them: the change return of vending machines, inside library books especially ones related to Scientology or cults, at the bookstore, under the mice of library computers, and in the pockets of pool tables. Additionally you can rather stealthily change a library computer's screensaver to the marquee option and type YOUFOUNDTHECARD.COM (or WWP's url) in there, because it won't kick in until you're long gone.

http://www.phawker.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/youfoundthecard300dpia4size_1.jpg
    http://www.seanpaune.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/youfoundthecard.gif (A great one)
    http://i.imgur.com/fKbXw.gif (nice and classic looking)
    http://dingo.care2.com/pictures/c2c/share/64/648/814/648141_370.jpg (I used to use this one a lot)
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/tommyblank/card.jpg (fold it in half or print the bottom one rightside up on the back)
    http://scm-l3.technorati.com/glosslip/2008/02/yftc.jpg (Refers to Scientology's Fair Game policy)
    http://i.imgur.com/zwIXs.png (A great one)
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Eudae Member

If that doesn't get me in trouble with campus security I'll totally do that.

Hubbard did say that mystery sparks interest.
  37. anonymous612 Member

Yeah, that's the best thing about the URL. People see it and think they've won something or whatever.

As for campus security, just don't be ridiculous about it. It's all about subtlety. For instance, with the change return on snack machines, try pressing the change return button and then sliding your hand (with the card) into the cup like you're trying to retrieve coins. Bonus: you might make 25c.

It's actually really easy once you get used to noticing places to do it. It helps to see your "target" coming and have the card ready so you don't have to fumble around in your pocket like you're planting drugs or whatever. Ask AMA, I used to go through a couple hundred cards every week when I was really on a roll. You can easily burn through a hundred cards in a department store by slipping them into pants pockets on the hangers.

One thing I found helped to keep in mind was that if I was debating whether it was worth it to place a card somewhere, I always should. Paper's cheap, the tenth of a page needed for one card is cheaper, and if one card out of every hundred falls into the hands of someone willing to protest, that's more than made the cost and your effort back right there.
    • Like Like x 2
  38. Darth Xander Member

Cuz Six is all about the subtlety.
  39. anonymous612 Member

Yes I am.

Also, a while back we were screwing around with minifliers shaped like strips of paper, rather than cards. Even just, like, an inch thick and four inches long. Those can sometimes be easier to hide because you can fold them or roll them up to make them smaller.
  40. Campus security? Unless you tear the thing from the wall and beat the money from it, they don't care. And they have massive libraries, so go campus fags, go!