Customize

[Aug 13, 2011] Anonymous vs Scientology Rally (Chicago, IL,)

Discussion in 'Planning' started by Strong Strength, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Pareo Member

You should be asking him if he can Caramelldansen.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. HEY. HEY GUYS. SEE THAT ACCOUNT ABOVE ME? It's now dead and buried. Meet Hipster Zambie. (I have to switch over accounts because I found out that 'Pareo' meant 'Sarong' in Spanish.) Should I attempt to bring cupcakes again, or will those be stolen?
  3. No way! Bring 'em!
  4. Paladin Member

Or you could have worn a sarong at our protests. :D
  5. Darth Xander Member

Hey freedomcrusader, can you ask the wampa to come out too? I really want to have that cup of coffee with him. We joined the Illinois state bar in the same year. There's a kinship there that runs deep!
    • Like Like x 2
  6. I heard it's illegal to wear a mask in Chicago. True?
  7. Are you that guy who Mr. Wampa kept asking to take his mask off back in June?
  8. Darth Xander Member

I think that was SS. Or maybe Paladin. The only thing I remember him asking me was to go have coffee with him.
  9. anonymous612 Member

I think you guys had said it was Strong Strength.
  10. You heard wrong. 2ymukab.gif

Normally someone brings copies of the legal docs on this to the events, just in case someone tries to challenge this. (Hasn't happened in a while.)

It was me. Or at least I was one of the people he said that to. He gave up after a couple minutes though.

Dude was full Tommy Davis that day. I told him Jan Eastgate had been arrested & charged, but he wouldn't believe me. So I pulled out a printed copy of the story to show him. "This only says she was charged! It doesn't say she was arrested," he exclaimed. And maybe he was right - I don't think that particular article mentioned the arrest, because it was kind of implied. But she certainly was arrested, and it was mentioned in tons of other news reports. Anyway, he was acting like it was some big victory or something, as if he had "caught me in a lie," or like it was okay that Jan had "only" been charged with a crime but not actually arrested.

I guess denial isn't just a river in Egypt.
    • Like Like x 3
  11. This is just an idea for something silly and fun to do for this month (or one of the months coming up) just for fun and to entertain ourselves. Would need actors for this - it's a Mentos candy commercial spoof.

♪ ♫ do do Do DO, Do-do... do-wahhhh.... ♪ ♫

[Intro scene: Main character is walking down the street, sees a Scientology protest with a bunch of people in masks hanging out. Smiles at the scene.]

It doesn't matter what comes, fresh goes better with life... with Mentos, fresh and full of life...

[Close up on one of the protester's masks. Main character realizes that s/he doesn't have a mask of his/her own, shrugs shoulders in a "what do I do now?" gesture.]

Nothin' gets to you, stayin' fresh, stayin' cool...

[Main character notes Scientologist in trademark red t-shirt handing out fliers. Smiles, key camera shot here as the main character Pops a Mentos™ as s/he thinks of an idea.]

...with Mentos, fresh and full of life...

[Main character grabs a flier from the Scientologist guy and walks away.]

Fresh goes better, Mentos freshness...

[Main character takes Scientology flier and fashions it over his/her face to use as a makeshift mask. Joins the party of happy, protesting people.]

Fresh goes better with Mentos, fresh and full of life!

[Key shot of main character smiling while holding the Mentos package. Still-shot frame at end.]

Mentos! The freshmaker.

Anyone interested in doing this spoof with me?
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Darth Xander Member

That is genius SS!
  13. What does that mean; "i am a scientologist..."??? Does it signify something that you don't use the shift key, either? Is it an homage to e.e.cummings?

More and more people who are taking Dianetics courses tell me that they are Christians and even Muslims these days. It does not occur to them that they are studying another religion. Why do you claim then that you are exercising your religious rights? What religious rights, in fact, are you claiming? Is photography part of your religious service and ritual? Were you worried that someone would interfere? Are you planning on preforming a rite? I don't understand your concerns.

I'm a video blogger. I plan to document the protest. You realize that there is no reasonable expectation of privacy in the public thoroughfare, don't you?
  14. Paladin Member

Maybe we can get freedomcrusader to play the part of the 'Scientologist who hands out fliers' in SS's commercial spoof.
  15. I hope freedomcrusader is the talkative type
  16. Paladin Member

You should go to Clearwater with Xander on his next trip. You will find a lot of talkative types in Sea Org Alley.
  17. wearing a mask is not allowed, you should all be ashamed of yourselves for even thinking of that

MOD EDIT: This is not true.
    FreedomCrusader: You've been warned previously. Derails will be removed.

-Orson
    • Like Like x 1
  18. be careful or you may end up in the back of a police car or in jail. you have 1 more week to reconsider your hatred.
  19. anonymous612 Member

That sounds like a challenge. ;D Do you know what Anonymous does with challenges?
  20. none all of the hatred will stop us from florishing and surviving. book sales are way up in chicago and new people are receiving the tech to help make the world a better place every day. i was at an event the other day speaking to a man who was clearly upset about a loved one. after putting things in perspective he is no longer being held back by past and is ready to move forward in a positive way, he has already made plans to come into our church. this is just one of so many stories in which the volunteer ministers and other scientologists help people EVERY DAY.

learn what you are fighting against. the goal of scientology is a world without crime and insanity. only the insane would try to stop that. get the REAL data then you can make a proper decision.

Dianetics is a set of ideas and practices regarding the metaphysical relationship between the mind and body that was invented by the science fiction author L. Ron Hubbard and is practiced by followers of Scientology. Hubbard coined Dianetics from the Greek stems dia, meaning through, and nous, meaning mind.

Dianetics explores the existence of a mind with three parts: the conscious "analytical mind," the subconscious "reactive mind", and the somatic mind.[1] The goal of Dianetics is to remove the "reactive mind", which Scientologists believe prevents people from becoming more ethical, more aware, happier and saner. The Dianetics procedure to achieve this is called "auditing".[2] Auditing is a process whereby a series of questions are asked by the Scientology auditor, in an attempt to rid the auditee of the painful experiences of the past which scientologists believe to be the cause of the "reactive mind".
  21. anonymous612 Member

too long; didn't read.
    • Like Like x 4
  22. Loki's spawn Member

You're not as amusing as ScnTO. We demand quality trolls here at WWP. You need to brush up your act and try again.
    • Like Like x 2
  23. anonymous612 Member

Hey Freedomcrusader, I just heard about these guys planning on going after Scientology. You should go handle them. You could totally convince them to stop if you write really really long posts.
    http://whatis-theplan.org
    • Like Like x 4
  24. Orson Member

Chifags, let me know if you want this cleaned up or not.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Alright, which one of you guys is trolling? 14qhvp.gif

Dunno about the others, but I think we're having fun with it for now. If it becomes like 50 pages of spam, then maybe that'd be different. But with the plans already set, it's not like we have a whole lot else going on in this thread anyway, so at least it gives us entertaining new thread responses. Just my 2 cents.
    • Like Like x 2
  26. anonymous612 Member

I'm not.

I really, truly, passionately want to see him post on Whatis-theplan.

I'd be willing to pay him to do so.
  27. anonamus Member

Threadbump.
  28. NOT-SURE-IF-TROLL-OR-JUST-STUPID.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  29. As someone who is always careful, under what circumstance would anyone wind up in back of a police car or in jail? Still wondering what religious freedom our friend feels he is not being afforded. Also wondering why it was necessary to mention photography.
  30. Nobody hates you. Stop being dramatic. Glad to hear about sales "stats". That's how you know you are winning.
    Way to go Church, eh?

You're ripping off Sun Tsu. Or did you think that was LRH tech?

Uh huh, sure and all that, but it doesn't answer my question: You seemed to claim earlier that your right to practice your religion was being maligned by protesters. Specifically, what practices are being interfered with and how are you being harmed?
  31. Darth Xander Member

• Like Like x 1
  32. ***crickets***
  33. Paladin Member

After seeing the pics from Monday's flash raid showing some of our guys without masks, I may decide to leave my mask at home for this Saturday's protest.
  34. Darth Xander Member

But aren't you afraid of freedomcrusader taking your pic? You have a family to protect. Think about it!
    • Like Like x 2
  35. Paladin Member

I'm actually hoping to make the cover of the next issue of Scientology's SOURCE magazine.
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Darth Xander Member

You're a rapper now? Dra, that's it. I'm out.
  37. Paladin Member

:confused:
  38. Dra Member

He's just jealous of your knowledge of leet terminology. ;)
    • Like Like x 2
  39. 3rdMan Member

You guys are so lucky your getting more dedicated handlers. DC handling has just become so lacking these days. Makes me wanna come back to the windy city. :(
    • Like Like x 1
  40. Actually, if you don't mind bringing it, it may be useful for one of the background shots in the Mentos spoof. Just throwing that out there.

I went and got some of the props for the spoof. I can play the role of Scientologist Guy, but the problem is that I still need a volunteer to be the main actor/actress to star in it, and that role requires being unmasked for most of it. And you have to be willing to dink around for 15-20 minutes while we collect all the shots required to edit it together. It'll have to be filmed at the org, cuz I want their building in it.

This is most likely going to be the dumbest piece of crap I have ever produced, and that's really saying a lot in itself. The funniest/most retarded part is going to be the "mask" made of taped-up fliers. It will either be hilarious or epic fail or both.

If anyone wants the main role in this, please let me know!
    • Like Like x 2