Customize

[Aug 13, 2011] Anonymous vs Scientology Rally (Chicago, IL,)

Discussion in 'Planning' started by Strong Strength, Jul 18, 2011.

1. August 2011 in Chicago:
    Hot weather, cool cats

4187268162_2fe740d055.jpg

This is the place to be for organizing the event on Saturday, August 13, 2011. Please use this thread for anything related to the event: planning, questions, joking around, whatever. Have fun!
    • Like Like x 2
  2. So what's it gonna be this month, ladies and gents? Same deal as last time? Go demonstrate at the org from 11-2, then whoever wants to do a follow-up at Millennium Park can meet up from 4-7'ish?
  3. Darth Xander Member

Sounds good to me.
  4. Delebit Member

Hey I like just 'joined' and just found out about Scientology, but count me in guys.
    • Like Like x 6
  5. Cool beans. Make sure you know the code word and secret handshake and you're in.

note: I may be kidding
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Miranda Member

Doming freedomcrusader's derail. Freedomcrusader, you are permitted to express your views in the Anonymous vs. Scientology forum, but please don't clutter planning threads with this kind of thing. Thank you.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. 00anon00 Member

So polite. Are you on downers today?
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Miranda Member

Actually I did just take a sleep med and allergy med. They make me civil.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. i am a scientologist and my religious rights are guarenteed by the constitution of the united states of america. i will be there with a camera taking photos of everyone, i hope you are ready because i sure am.
  10. be sure to bring all your friends.
  11. Miranda Member

That's your right, freedomcrusader. Thanks for the heads up.
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Miranda Member

But if you derail this planning thread, your comments will be domed.
  13. Darth Xander Member

Happy to have you. Hope you don't mind if we play a little OT3 for you. My name is Alex Hageli, btw. PM me if you need anything else.
    • Like Like x 7
  14. Paladin Member

Welcome! People take our photos all the time. I look forward to talking to you.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. 00anon00 Member

Back to the topic after Mr. Lonely introduced himself- About the use of restraining orders- they are very easy to get. The "restrainee" can get it lifted but as long as there are charges it will stay in effect. A restraining order is not a complicated or expensive thing. It doesn't take much "proof".
    Don't sweat restraining orders.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. anonymous612 Member

Oh honey I'm sure Chicago can handle you just fine. You might want to be careful though. I'm not sure they'll even notice little old you and your one little camera after all the experience some people have trolling the hell out of Clearwater scientologists. You'll forgive me if you don't impress me, and I hope you'll forgive them too, because I doubt they're quaking in their boots.
    • Like Like x 5
  17. i hear Big Pharma be attending as well?
  18. Paladin Member

Big Pharma! :rolleyes: I should have chose THAT as my Anonymous name. :cool:

If there is any noob who wants to join our protest in Chicago, please sign-up for WWP as Big Pharma and RSVP ASAP!;)
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

No, they are always watching the Church of Scientology. You think a richer conglomerate can't afford P.I.'s and wiretapping en masse?
  20. Paladin Member

YES! Big Pharma just RSVP'ed!:D
    • Like Like x 2
  21. 00anon00 Member

Did LouiseBoat sign in?
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Calypso Member

I have a reunion to attend. :(

Hey Alex, maybe you can find someone to record the OT3 document so it can be played on a loop every time a Scilon comes out to snap pics and record our pretty signs.

*sings* Weeeee Stand Taaaaall...

See everyone in September!
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Darth Xander Member

Don't use my name! How many times do I have to tell you?!?!?!?!

Too bad. Hope to see you next month.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Calypso Member

"My name is Alex Hageli, btw. PM me if you need anything else."
    Must you always give me a hard time?! Sheesh! :p

And I'll miss everyone too!
    Such a shame. Last year we had it on Sunday. *sigh*
    • Like Like x 2
  25. Paladin Member

Just like a cult, Chicago Anonymous has a few secrets too.;)
    • Like Like x 2
  26. 'Sup, freedomcrusader, welcome to the party. You gonna dance with us next month after you get done taking photos? Can you do the YMCA?

Lol at Big Pharma's user icon. I just clicked the profile and only now noticed the little dollar signs.

I think they try to only send out people higher on the Bridge for that reason, or people who are "cleared for entheta" or however they phrase it. Not sure which courses she's done, but when Marla was acting as our handler at a mini protest in June, she heard some OT3 in L.Ron's voice, learned about the BT stuff on OT3 through 7, and found out the OT8 end cognition.

What she had an issue with was L.Ron dissing Jesus. She mentioned that she was also a Christian, and I asked if she'd heard some of Ron's thoughts on the subject. So Hubbard starts blabbing about the R6 implant and how there was no Christ, and she left like poof.

We'll miss you this month, by the way.
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Copy/pasting some info because it wasn't clear for newcomers in the first posts...

The (Apparent) Plan

Event One: Scientology building, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. Show up, have fun, get photographed by Scientologists. Usually their building doesn't have too much going on. It's in the Lakeview neighborhood of Chicago, at 3011 N. Lincoln Ave. (The event title says 3017, but that's just incorrect info I have to punch in to make the map show the right spot.)

w8rqqv.png

Event Two: Millennium Park, 4 p.m. - 6 or 7 p.m. Hang out, educate the public, have fun in one of the most beautiful big-city parks in the world, right in the heart of downtown Chicago. Our usual spot is at the intersection of Michigan Ave. & Madison St., at the western edge of the park.

2qb9i6v.png

It's a double event. You can come for your favorite part, or both! Stuff to bring: drink, disguise (if you roll that way), weather-appropriate gear, a cool head, sense of humor, cameras, goodies, etc. You can borrow a sign if you treat it gently, hand out our fliers, or bring your own. Have fun!
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Calypso Member

Bizarre. It's silly of her to have lied. One cannot believe in Jesus if one practices/believes in Hubbard's material. We all know that.

Also, I don't think Scilons understand that we're genuine in saying they're welcome at our protests. Humor us, look down at us but come out and chat or stare or take pictures and video. It makes things so much more lively and entertaining!
    • Like Like x 3
  29. Big Pharma Member

Freedomcrusader, we've checked our records in order to send out this month's bonuses and it appears your prescription has not yet been filled. We are sincerely apologetic for this oversight. Please watch your mail; you should be receiving your shipment of aripirazole in five to seven business days. We understand how vital it is for you to have a supply of antipsychotics, and to make up for this error we're also including a coupon for one electroshock therapy session, on the house.

Dra, Anonymous Psych Leadership says to be careful how much lithium you put in the cookies, as it could negatively interact with Freedomcrusader's antipsychotics. And the last thing any of us want is for his hallucinations to come back.

Regarding bonuses:
    Darth Xander, please stop trying to bankrupt GlaxoSmithKline. It isn't nice.
    • Like Like x 6
  30. Delebit Member

Just thought I'd let everyone know, yesterday HR 1981 was passed, an internet snooping bill. It now requires isp's(internet service providers) to keep track of user data such as name, address, phone number, credit card number, bank account number, and temporarily assigned ip addresses. I don't know about you, but this is outrageous.
  31. I don't think Marla was lying about it, which is what makes it strange. A lot of Scientologists consider themselves Christian too, including a number of people at the Chicago org. I have no idea what sort of mental gymnastics they're doing to accomplish that. Besides really fundamental clashes (e.g. Christianity's concept of God judging our one life on earth vs. Scientology's idea of reincarnation for billions of years), some of these "Christian Scientologists" are way up the OT levels, past the point of hearing all the Hubbard spew about Christianity being an R6 implant.

I don't get how they juggle these competing belief systems. I'm guessing it's with a mental shoulder-shrug attitude of, "Well, it's just different ways of perceiving the Supreme Being," and not really worrying about it.
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Paladin Member

Before I began protesting, I was e-mailed by a Chicago area OTVIII. She invited me to attend a Flag event in Chicago. I explained that I was now a Christian and would not attend any Scientology event. She told me that she was a Christian and didn't understand why I thought there was a conflict between those two religions. I e-mailed her a few Bible verses to explain why. She became upset and told me not to communicate with her anymore.
    • Like Like x 3
  33. If you read about our cause, you'd know we support everyone's right to believe in their own religion. We just oppose your church.
  34. Hey people, I'm kind of new here. Not sure if I can make it to the protest, still a chance though. Also, is anyone bringing flyers?
    • Like Like x 3
  35. Paladin Member

Yes, there will be flyers. There is not that much foot traffic at the org and most of the people walking by CO$ don't seem interested in Scientology or our protest. The park is an excellant place to pass out flyers. Many people at the park enjoy taking our pictures and talking to us. Hope you can make it.
    • Like Like x 1
  36. I hope so too. All I know right now is that if do I go, I can only make it to the Millenium Park protest and I will have a friend with me. How many people usually go to the park demonstratons? Also, is it necessary to wear a mask?
  37. Paladin Member

I think for the last 3 months we have averaged 4 people at the park. I normally go to the org. The park is a good place to try a protest for the first time.

Wearing a mask is up to you. If you are at the park, you should be ok. At the org, the Scientologists will take our pictures. So if you have any concern about being ID'ed or Fair Gamed, then you should wear something to cover your face. I have often taken off my mask to talk to people and have had Scientologists take my picture. I still don't think they have ID'ed me. I think they take our pictures more for intimidation or simply because their cult leaders tell them to do it.

If any of our guys take pics of your face they will ask you if it is ok to post it. Other protesters are more cautious than I and may advise you differently.
  38. Paladin pretty much covered it. It's been a long time since we've knowingly had contact with the Scientologists at the park, although they have come out there before, so I guess you can never say never. And right now, I think we have 2 confirmed for the park, and probably a 3rd too. Then there may be a couple people who may decide to go there too. So if you came with a friend, Wakko, I'd be hoping for at least 5.

Also, here's the only proper greeting for you as the new guy:

• Like Like x 2
  39. Thanks, but right now it is extremely unlikely I will be there at all, due to someone with major influence over my coming to the protest making poor decisions. Still a slim chance, though. And if I'm there, I guess you'll know who I am immediately since I'll be the only new guy.
  40. Hel yeah! The best song in America. And thanks, but right now it is extremely unlikely I will be there at all, due to someone with major influence over my coming to the protest making poor decisions. Still a slim chance, though. And if I'm there, I guess you'll know who I am immediately since I'll be the only new guy.