Customize

Attacks on RT and Assange reveal much about the critics

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by LastOneStanding, Apr 18, 2012.

1. I hate the American government and media so fucking much. :(
  2. Anonymous Member

They hate you too.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

It is truly sickening.
    How many of those politicians that call Assange a terrorist, RT a platform, do nothing to insure that Manning has his civil rights protected, etc, etc, etc will be reelected this fall? Too fucking many.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

This is just the beginning of the smear campaign against this program.

inb4 "Look, now Assange is an anti-Semite, too!" (BTW, Arabic peoples are also Semitic).

I viewed the interview and I'd suggest that it could be edifying to the more open-minded.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Communist!
  6. AnonNoxMetus Member

This part made me gag a little bit. I crossed-out the one part because I simply can't take that comment seriously. He can't even read a tele-prompter without cracking up like a five-year-old. Video related.

7. Anonymous Member

Voting, particularly in the US, should be exposed for the bullshit, easily-manipulated scam that it's been for a long time.

"Democracy" is also the opiate of the masses.
  8. Mutante Member

Coop really is one of America's most serious journalists.

z6dGk.jpg
  9. Anonymous Member

The one thing Anderson Cooper did which I found worthwhile and relevant to my interests was the scientology series, such as it was.

I mean, what would you expect from a silver-spooned talking head?
  10. AnonNoxMetus Member

I can agree with this.
  11. Herro Member

I think it's funny that the guy who wrote this neglects to point out that all of these criticisms of Russia Today have existed long before Assange signed a deal with them. To simply dismiss the criticisms of the network because they involve Assange is no more rational than the behavior this writer imputes to those critics.
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Anonymous Member

A "free press" here in the USA is imho bullshit. For the most part it's nothing more than social conditioning.
    People are easily manipluated.

Just yesterday, I saw the retired space shuttle "waving" at D.C. Ohhhhhh! How awesome! I'm sure many politicians commented.

How much coverage did it get? What a top story! Are they kidding us?

I'd love to know how much that cost...but see, that very relevant angle wasn't looked at. That would be "unpatriotic." Yeah. Hey kids, I'm having difficulty putting food on the table, but look at that retired space shuttle.

And RT has an agenda? I call bullshit.

<
  13. Anonymous Member

To many Merkins, Russians will always = Communists, or at least The Enemy.

It'll be cool when that generation finally bites the big one.
  14. Pong Member

Yes it will. For now, there s few western medias allowing this :
    http://rt.com/news/internet-freedom-future-falkvinge-342/
    In my opinion, RT has obviously its own interests -Putin as well- BUT they seems not having cut to much the P Bay boss point of view.
  15. Anonymous Member

What reason could anyone have for criticising Windows RT?
  16. Anonymous Member

None. You definitely right.
  17. timthephoto Member

ah yes! the country that went for electronic voting, because counting paper slips was too difficult (and vote-fraud too easily discovered)
  18. AnonNoxMetus Member

Ahh, I had been thinking of things such as money winning primaries.
  19. Pong Member

You 2 ?
  20. Enturbulette Member

• Like Like x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

US wants to keep the blinders on and keep with the "la la la I can't hear you and plesae dont' look over there"
    mode
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

More power to Assange. He may lose his fight eventually, but I say let him do as much damage as possible in the meantime. I wonder if President Assad of Syria will be next up...