Customize

Atlanta, Georgia - February 20th, 2010

Discussion in 'USA - East Coast' started by Sarcasm Pirate, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Atlanta, Georgia - February 20th, 2010

ATLANTA -- February 20th, 2010!
    Protest against SCIENTOLOGY!!

The Place to Be:
    4480 North Shallowford Rd.
    Dunwoody Ga.

Date and Time:
    February 20th, 2010
    13:37 Military to 4:20 P.M. E.S.T. (13:37 = 1:37 PM)
    Caek will be served.

Bring:

* Yourself and your friends! Friends of friends! Family! Coworkers, neighbors, anyone who wants to come (except the local nutcases and furries), anyone else you can persuade, bribe, or blackmail (if you do the latter 2, we don't want to know about it!)
    * Signs that are hueger than XBOX and/or sign making supplies
    * Flyers - We have some opportunity to hand out flyers, and your fellow anons would like to trade with you.
    * H20 and other non-alcoholic beverages
    * Dress for the weather! (Which could be anything from heat to snow or rain knowing Georgia weather. Check the weather before hand and come prepared!)
    * Cameras, still and video.
    * Comfortable shoes.

Parking:
    Be creative.

There are many potential parking areas within walking distance if you look around.
    4480 North Shallowford Rd. Dunwoody Ga - Google Maps, see the satellite image and explore.

Marta (the bus) runs right by the org, but only once an hour:

Saturday Schedule: MARTA - Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority
    MARTA route map:MARTA > Schedules & Maps > Bus Schedules or Routes > Route list (by number)

Other miscellany:
    * Police will be notified - we have new police now, they got bored last time and left.
    * Masks are illegal, but we've had no problems with sunglasses, hats, wigs, face paint, as long as they don't cover the majority of your face. Choose your disguise/costume with wisdom, and at your own risk.
    * Please contact media! especially if you have any personal connections.
    * No "honk if ..." or "... hate ..." signs.

Newcomers are welcome!

So are people we haven't seen for a while.

Even teh myspacers are welcome!

ATL Anons ning site - come get to know us.

Theme to come!
  2. anonsparrow Member

Re: Atlanta, Georgia - February 20th, 2010

So I noticed you didn't mention the word Scientology but I'm going to go ahead and make that leap in logic. :)
  3. Re: Atlanta, Georgia - February 20th, 2010

Don't look at me. I copied and pasted after Stu. xD;;
  4. ravenanon Member

I love you sparrow!
  5. anonsparrow Member

I love you raveanon! I had such an awesome time hanging out with you - even the sandstorm that's still in my eyes..lol.
  6. ravenanon Member

I hope to see you in Boston for the mega raid ,but without all the sand
  7. Anonymous Member

8. Anonymous Member

9. ravenanon Member

1/10

I wanted a tattoo for a long time and this is just a fun way to raise some $. Permits are costly and so is open records requests.

I say let the fun and games begin
  10. Anonymous Member

You are a good sport. Not so sure I'd go under the needle for the cause!
  11. Tawny Member

Anyone know if we're gonna have a theme?
  12. Re: Atlanta, Georgia - February 20th, 2010

We are currently hashing out ideas for themes. :) As soon as something solid is agreed upon I will add it to my original post. :-3
  13. Anonymous Member

Hahaha looks like the drama llama has visited hotlanta.

Also, (spoiler: you will regret having a GF mask on your body)
  14. ravenanon Member

Theme is: junk science

I have the permit
  15. Anonymous Member

If you're taking cash donations remember that this can be used, and has been used in the past, to set people up.

Shawn Lonsdale (aka "proflex"): "Downtown Shoot"

The cult can also use it as ammunition in the "Anonymous is paid to protest" claim.
  16. terryeo2 Member

LOL @ anon trolls trying to stir up drama over a tattoo.

You KNOW that when that Mudkip hits your skin, that they'll all be going "EPIC WIN!" and "MOAR!" in the Dome...

Rock on ATL, and don't let the drama llama bite you in the ass :)
  17. ravenanon Member

Maybe the mudkip will bite my ass
  18. anoncaek Member

ohai, whats goin on in thi- OH SHII

paging Dr. Raven, you are needed in the skype operating room.
  19. anoncaek Member

Atlanta isn't in NC?
  20. Lorelei Member

Wait a minute.

Y'know, when we pointed out that you "hadn't the vaguest idea what you were complaining about" when you dissed the most recent Narconon raid vids because you weren't there (and because the videos do not start at the beginning of the protest but midway through it, after the aggressions of the Narcononnies / Scientologists got intense and clearly needed documenting), you just about blew your top.

Now you are telling other people that their opinions about the retarded slapfight going on in public in a WWP thread don't count because they aren't in ATL.

Just sayin'.

Also, don't mistake extroversion and a willingness to rally people to go protest with "Leaderfagging." Also, I recall that some ATLanons have accused THEMSELVES of being Attention Whores, and that group of ATLanons did not include Raven.

If you don't like how things are being done, then try arranging some protests yourself and take the burden off the people who have been picking up the slack. Your ideas hold just as much weight as anyone else's, but you have not shared or promoted any ideas that I have seen lately. Just vaguely saying something sucks and following fellow Anons around from forum to forum to poke at them with sticks, all without offering a constructive alternative, is lame.

I'm sorry you are (apparently) unhappy. I have always enjoyed protesting with you and have been disappointed you have not protested in person in a long time. I also like & respect you, but this snippiness and constant barrage of "UR DOIN IT RONG" has been going on for a couple of weeks now, and it is getting old. If there is something going on IRL that I can help with, I'd be glad to try to help. This sniping and attempts to stir up animosity and in-fighting is completely unproductive, atypical of your usual M.O., and the same kind of behavior you have always spoken out against in the past, so I am perplexed.

Starting a forum fight will definitely not result in anything useful or any changes you might want to try to get addressed and discussed. If anything, it will cause a schism that ATL has not had, and does not want (IMHO). Seriously, what do you hope to accomplish by emulating bad behavior you always used to deplore?

That's all I'm going to say for now. *sighs*
    • Like Like x 1
  21. MeganonOT8 Member

I completely agree with you! couldn't have said it better. Funny how i got my first warning because i derailed a thread. (even when i posted anonymously) XD.. Anyhow best wishes to yall ATL anons.
  22. Re: Atlanta, Georgia - February 20th, 2010

Dawww. <33 I hope I didn't cause that.
  23. Lorelei Member

Thanks, megananOT8. Frankly, if one person is having issues with the rest of the group, the place to discuss it is probably not on a WWP public thread that is supposed to be focused on planning the next global protest for our area. JMHO.
  24. ravenanon Member

25. FYIANON Member

Science you say?

26. Stutroup Member

27. Stutroup Member

THIS TOO

28. ravenanon Member

29. ravenanon Member

darn it stu you stole my Bill Nye as I was posting it!
  30. Stutroup Member

well BLAH! It's REAL Science but still

EDIT!

Adding moar!

THIS!

Well, the title works
  31. Stutroup Member

(Note to self: Bad music scares away lulzy replies)
  32. mefree Member

We must never forget:

33. Tawny Member

So Junk science is the theme. I've got 2 friends that are coming along with me and making signs! Are there any laws regarding the content (other than "Honk" and "Hate") and size of signs? :confused:
  34. Re: Atlanta, Georgia - February 20th, 2010

Just nothing offensive. :) The honk ones are the main issue but definitely nothing offensive. That is common sense though. :-D Tell the friends we will be eagerly awaiting to see you all!

And yes, junk science is our theme this mouth if you couldn't tell by the barrage of videos. :D
  35. Lorelei Member

O HAI GUIZ. I bet there will be a lot of leftover Valentine's candy at this raid...amirite? :) :)
  36. anoncaek Member

make a leftover candy caek!
  37. Stutroup Member

I needs a valentine to has reason to buy candies D: Otherwise it just feelz RONG! xDD
  38. devonvetraft Member

I might come, should I bring a GF mask just in case?
  39. Re: Atlanta, Georgia - February 20th, 2010

You can bring a GF mask if you come but keep in mind that Georgia is a maskless state and you will not be able to wear it on your precious face. :) Wear it on your arm, leg, crotch, whatever but by Georgia law you must have enough of your face visible that the police could identify you.
  40. Stutroup Member

Thanks for the reminder, SP D: I need to be sure I can find everything I'll need for the protest!