Customize

Assault - Nashville: Part 2 (April 25 2009)

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by Anonymous, Apr 27, 2009.

1. anonymous612 Member

Re: 44 on Nashville NBC affiliate

Since when is "the case" scispeak? What the fuck do you expect people to call a legal case?

Sidenote: I was under the impression a police report was not filed, and Lucha, I do believe you may be incorrect to state that it has been. It might be worth doublechecking that point.

Regardless, Debbie, you don't get a vote in how 44 handles this case. Only 44 does.
  2. LilDebbie Member

Lothar: ZOMG CRIMINAL TRESPASSING CHARGE

not. that. big. of. a. deal. even if he did get railroaded by the courts and convicted, he'd be facing a fine, maybe some community service. no biggie.

rent-a-cops attacking people in broad daylight and the on-duty cops refusing to charge them for assault: big fucking deal. if you recall from the pics and vid, 44 was attacked by three armed assailants and then taken away to a "secure location" where they could have done xenu knows what to him. that is the injustice that most needs to be corrected. that's the sort of thing our forefathers created this gorram country to avoid. that needs to be the focus of this clusterfuck.

the trespassing charge is a speed bump and should be treated as such.

P.S. lol at me "not learning" to stfu when confronted by the hivemind. fascist much?
  3. Vir Member

You make valid points. Stick around. A hivemind which is too homogenous isn't a hivemind anymore but a dead vat of goo.
  4. lothar Member

The last time I saw someone posting with such vigor and faggotry was Tom Newton socks clogging up the comments on the Nashville Scene story. Such desperate attempts to give your useless advice to anyone who might accidentally read what you wrote. Sorry for feeding the troll.
  5. Zak McKracken Member

I was under the impression that the people to whom it matters whether a police report was filed or not have either filed a report or not filed a report.
    Probably, under the best advice of their pet lolyers.

I don't think the rest of WWP needs 44, or Elby (or the other 44) or anyone, to confirm or disconfirm at this time.

/retarded_subthread
  6. Anonymous Member

7. ClingingMars Member

/thread
  8. rof Member

Re: Assault - Nashville: Part 2

puppy, quit being young.

Debbie, I got your /b/lackup but don't be dumb.
  9. Elbynonamous Member

Last I checked, we didn't hire a snack cake to do our work for us.
  10. twistedpuppet Member

Cake???? Where????
  11. Anonymous Member

[IMG]
  12. anonymous612 Member

Clearly this is where your problem lies.
  13. ClingingMars Member

i-said-what.jpg
  14. rof Member

You spelled wut wrong.

Go build a shrine to Ronald Reagan.
  15. Zak McKracken Member

You spelled Ronald Raygun wrong.
  16. pooks Member

^^^This
  17. ClingingMars Member

is that the best you got? really? lame politicalfaggotry?
  18. anonymous612 Member

[SIZE="7"]YOUNG PUPPY IS YOUNG[/SIZE]

[IMG]
  19. twistedpuppet Member

CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>XD
  20. Vir Member

Updating with pertinent information form the NBC affiliate report thread:

The report from May 6, 2009 shows Brian Fesler, spokesperson, saying that they told the guards to go hard on Anonymous
    Protesters Say They Were Bullied By Police - Nashville News Story - WSMV Nashville
    But photos show that Fesler and Co. were intentionally misleading the guards:
    On may 7th, a new report was aired:
    Laws Broken In Scientology Church Security - Nashville News Story - WSMV Nashville
    video: Video: Scientology Church Security Breaks Laws

In addtion to the things we've already noted about the permit being out of date, it gets confirmation that MPD never was properly notified about the presence of off-duty out-of-town police officers. A legal expert questions the possible lack of properly identifying uniforms.
    It also says that the security company is lawyering up and won't speak to the press. Wise move.
    More in the NBC report thread:
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/15-media/44-nashville-nbc-affiliate-45105/18/
  21. Anonymous Member

So let's sum up (includes some information not reported in the media, but gotten from reading the thread)
    - The arrest/assault took place outside the rented area (the part of the street they had a permit to close)
    - It was also outside the posted signs (the signs were placed properly, the first says the left lane is closed, while the sign at Olympia says the sidewalk is closed)
    - The street closure permit had EXPIRED (see the newest video report for scan)
    - The protestors were approached quickly and not given any explanation. The time from approachment to "arrest" was only a few seconds. (see incident video)
    - The protestors removed their masks and put down their cameras when the guards told them to, even if they had no right to order them to do that. (Thankfully, one of the protestors kept the recording going even if she had put the camera down around her neck. The footage is shaky.)
    - The protestor who was taken by the guard, was facing away and trying to leave when taken down.
    - The protestor was injured - probably not seriously but there were cuts and bruises.
    - The responsible person told the city's Public Works Division afterwards that the arrest had taken place inside the posted area (a lie)
    - The guards also might have lied to the MPD officer who came to act on the guards' citizens' arrest. (The MPD wrote a citation which only made sense if the guards lied to the officer or the officer was complicit.)
    - The guards did not notify the MPD of their presence as the law requires. (see second report)
    - Their uniforms might not have been proper. (see second report)
    - A scientology spokesperson admits that they had told the guards that the masked people were terrorists and to deal with them as harshly as possible
    - But photos show the same Scientology spokesperson joking around with masked protestors earlier this year, even carrying one of their signs for a laugh. (Not yet reported in the media.)

- Bonus: While all this drama was going on outside, one "Anonymous" participant was inside the party as an invited guest, was eating their food and taking photographs.

whaddamistakatomaka!
    hx8595.jpg
  22. Macadamia Member

Excellent summation. Matches what I read, too.

Looney tunes!
  23. Anonymous Member

- Guard approached with handcuffs drawn from the beginning (while still 30 feet from the group) . He was intending to cuff one of the protesters no matter what.
    - At least three (?) of the guards were wearing "POLICE" or shields logos on shirts and police-like gun and belt.
    - MPD was at the event (as off-duty hired? provided by city) and probably witnessed false arrest outside of permit area
    - MPD was called for 911 call regarding assault and kidnapping and refused to take a report
  24. Ann O'Nymous Member

Good summary. Might be worth mentionning the following:
    - They were 4 protesters, 3 women and one man,
    - They were equipped with masks, signs and cameras and almost nothing else,
    - Even if they knew that the security people were wrong, they complied with their orders and offered no resistance,
    - An international spokeperson for scientology, Tommy Davies, made similar claims about Anonymous on CNN and was rebuffed by the journalist (FBI says: no case),
    - A New York scientology staff (name) was following the whole scene just behind the security people,
    - The international de facto leader of scientology, David Miscavige, was attending the meeting.
  25. Anonymous Member

- A New York scientology staff (Jennifer McDonald-Cox, Director of Special Affairs) was following the whole scene just behind the security people,

The Director of Special Affairs oversees the OSA activities at the org. Responsibilities include handling press, litigation, intelligence, and illegal operations.
  26. Ann O'Nymous Member

Thanks.
  27. Ann O'Nymous Member

28. Re: Assault - Nashville: Part 2

I wish I got assaulted - I could use a good paycheck, courtesy Co$ and lawbreaking government workers.
  29. AceOfSpades Member

There were 5 protestors.

I was still inside when this was all happening, but it was my car that was subsequently followed after all this went down.
  30. Ann O'Nymous Member

Don't be stupid.
  31. Anonymous Member

Sense of humor lost in translation? lol, lighten up a little.
  32. Anonymous Member

I'd much rather see jail sentences handed out than a big pay-out. The point is to stop this kind of violence and incompetence from happening. A reprimand and the insurance company paying out is not quite as big a deal as going to prison.

I mean, what does 44 need with the money - we're getting paid by the space aliens anyway.
  33. muldrake Member

Note: most people with actual legal knowledge on this thread have STFU on legal subjects. Sane people might pose the question why.

Well, let's see. Anyone with legal counsel for which they are paying money might have a choice to make. Who do I take advice from? Alternate answers suggest themselves:

A1: Random guy on the Internet who doesn't know dick and who, if I follow his shitty advice, gets to laugh at me for taking advice from random guys on the Internet; or
    A2: Actual guy I'm paying money for advice who if he gives me shitty advice, can be sued for malpractice for giving me shitty advice, and has spent years getting a license to do biz giving legal advice.

This is why everyone else who knows anything has STFU. Anyone else who hasn't is just demonstrating their incompetence to give advice. And, of course, exercised their First Amendment rights to be an idiot in public.
  34. Elbynonamous Member

Dumb ass. :/
  35. Re: Assault - Nashville: Part 2

Man, Police Reach Settlement In Jimmy Buffett Concert Incident - News Story - WPXI Pittsburgh

36. Anonymous Member

*snip*
    Made blog entry trying to explain ironic situation described above,
    Brian Fesler, Member of Anonymous? Scientology Spokesperson Yucking It Up With Alleged Cyber-Terrorists
    but not sure if i 'connected the dots' for my non-sci/anon readers. Anything you could add in the comments to further explain the situation would be appreciated.
  37. Anonymous Member

Accusations Made Against Police At Post-Gazette Pavilion - News Story - WPXI Pittsburgh
  38. Anonymous Member

NO U.
    Much of the legal "advice" was pretty good, such as "secure the evidence", "don't publish anything until you've talked to a lawyer and/or the police", "listen to your lawer", etc.
  39. rummychick99 Member

Here is one to keep an eye on. Tennessee Police officer apparently on duty but not acting in an official capacity knocked down a 71 year old man at Walmart and threw another through glass.

Suspended but dept. refused to charge him. Old man is suing for something like 20 million dollars

Freeman: Chattanooga Police Department Declines to Charge Officer Who Allegedly Threw a 71-Year-Old Man to Floor and a Good Samaritan Through a Glass Door JONATHAN TURLEY

There is a video of the guy getting knocked down here..
    Kenneth Freeman: Chattanooga’s Defender Against 71 Year Old Wal-Mart Terrorists BuelahMan’s Redstate Revolt

It is Police officers that act like this..and like the ones with Victim44...that should be thrown off the force.
  40. TypingChimp Member

I see what you're saying here, and I agree. The initial advice, by the hivemind like securing the evidence, getting treated, go see a good lawyer, etc., was good, and was stuff the average guy can pick up by watching Law and Order and Judge Judy. Whenever things started getting tinfoily, after it was already made clear those involved had consulted legal, and people kept giving unsolicited, harebrained, and unwanted advice, well that's when things started going to shit.

Oh, and to the guy who said he wanted to be assaulted by cops, I'd much rather be hit on by a cop, especially if she's hot and single. What a fucking moron. What's he gonna do? Say, "Oh, hai Officer Barbrady. I can haz a beatdown pl0x?" Anyone who WANTS to become the victim of a violent crime should just go on ahead and an hero.