Customize

Assange under house arrest "'excessive and dehumanising'

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by User Name Change, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

Nope. Just f*cked hard in the ass by AGP.
  2. Anonymous Member

3. Ok a big slap..
    • Like Like x 1
  4. anonymous612 Member

Someone's bitter.
  5. Ann O'Nymous Member

1. Claims without substance. 2. SMB. TL;DR Business as usual.
  6. Herro Member

Ann, he's talked about political asylum. He's an obvious flight risk.
  7. Ann O'Nymous Member

My bad. I thought you were referring to airplanes.
  8. Anonymous Member

9. Anonymous Member

Sweden doesn't want to piss off the Obama Administration... trade agreements, etc. etc. etc...
  10. 00anon00 Member

Julian is an attention whore, but I do believe his life is in danger. Think of how easy it would be, and how many problems would go away with him, and how cautious the next leaker would be.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

herro is only Prik King
    Where would the banning stop?
    Half the members here are useless faggots, including myself.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. yeah..but we love herro secretly..hehe
  13. Right lets stay on the subject.. Does anyone know if assange gets any medical treatment or entertainment? six months in house arrest can get pretty lonely and he might need something to keep from getting bored.
  14. Ann O'Nymous Member

TL;DR Sweden has allegedly a good reason to request its extradition; the US do not (so far). UK cannot hand him over to the US without a formal request. There are rumors that US is working on it (in connection with Mannings).

Questions:
    - Are there any UK or Swedish regulation that put a maximum limit to the extradition request ?
    - Has someone an explanation to provide re Bozuri's remark (see below) ? Useless remarks (Herro's type) are not welcome.
  15. the one thing that has me puzzling is they have stopped talking about the sexual assault charges.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. anonymous612 Member

He lives in a fucking MANOR, I'm sure he has a television in there somewhere. Especially if he's videoblogging which would imply computer access. They aren't exactly waterboarding him in there.
  17. Anonymous Member

I already posted it, but here is the relevant convention under which many European countries work when they need to collect additional evidence and the subject of the investigation is elsewhere. http://conventions.coe.int/Treaty/EN/Treaties/Html/030.htm
    I can only speculate that Sweden believes that it has enough prima facie evidence against Assange to request his extradition directly, without going through the mutual assistance. Also, Sweden is a civil law country. Normally among the civil law countries, the stadard to request an extradition is lower than among the common law countries. But what's puzzling here is the fact that we're dealing with a civil law country on one end and common law country on the other. I suspect that the incompetability of the two systems is what's causing the delay. Political extraditions from the UK can go on for years. If you take the Pinochet extradition proceedings as example [not that I'm comparing the two men obviously] you can get the sense as to how long it might take. And even if the court would decide that Assange can be extradited, I think the Home Secretary can still overturn the court order [which again - happened in Pinochet case based on health issues].
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Ann O'Nymous Member

- A golden prison is still a prison.
    - There is a documentary tonight on French TV about how the Bush administration overturned the torture prohibition, based on the Congress hearings. Trailer was interesting.
  19. anonymous612 Member

Yeah, a prison with television and internet access. Remind me what Manning gets again?
  20. Anon PTS Member

This (boldfaced) is a large part of it. Among the UK court's findings and reasons (http://www.judiciary.gov.uk/Resources/JCO/Documents/Judgments/jud-aut-sweden-v-assange-judgment.pdf) is this:
    (page 20)

In other words, a person in Sweden would be formally charged much later in the process than in the UK. It reads to me as if the Swedes want him to be able to be charged and tried, if the investigation warrants, virtually immediately after his interrogation.

The document is a bit of tl;dr, but does contain the arguments on both sides. One very obvious point is the belief on the part of the defense that the Swedish prosecutor is biased against Assange and attempting to railroad him.
    • Like Like x 2
  21. Ann O'Nymous Member

- Assange was lucky enough to have somebody ready to offer him that. It might have happened that he would not have that.
    - Did somebody say that Assange's situation was worse than Manning' one ?
  22. anonymous612 Member

So now I should have sympathy for the guy because he could have been in a worse situation but isn't?
  23. Ann O'Nymous Member

Your sympathy is not required, AFAIK.
  24. Anonymous Member

25. Herro Member

The subject of this thread is my glorious naked body.
  26. Jailbait much?
  27. Anonymous Member

The First Law of WWP:
    Every thread eventually becomes about Herro.
  28. Anonymous Member

tumblr_lfj8nbf7Dy1qg9z2jo1_500.jpg
  29. MochaKush Member

excessive

As in... it's been six months with no conviction...
    and

dehumanizing

As in... I'm a human being, can I do as I fucking please instead of conforming?
  30. Anonymous Member

On the bright side, it could be the first time in years that he has slept in the same bed for that amount of time.
    And it's quite a fancy house, there. Better than couch hopping.
  31. fallingspider Member

• Like Like x 1
  32. Jadoxim Member

To be honest i think many of u underestimate the situation Assange is... he is quite cornered... i think he waged his life on the dicision if he should take the risk of getting caught... by all means, if a nation like the us (i remember other nations beeing called too) want him to die (and yeah some of the american gouvernment said that) they wanted him to be deported to the US to give him the death penalty... for what?! For trying to share informations? I don't think so!
    They have to be very afraid of the information Assange hold in his backhand, otherwise he wouldve never been caught or seen again in his live, that's what i'm sure about! He may not have gained all the informations by himself... but he gained them on a legit way! So theres no need to hold em back, someone send the information to him for him to seed them!
    Thats investagitive journalism... and many ppl already died for way smaller fishes... or should i say Assange seems to have caught the Moby Dick of information?

I can't imagine him doing anything else then trying to find a way to publish all of it without the fear of it getting deleted or something... just wait in patience... and hope he wont die before he accomplishes his task... or even worse, surrenders on the try.
    Everyone not supporting him would be responsible for making the world worse. I can't see how a sane human beeing is closing his eyes even though it may be just a hoax... it COULD be a salvation and we should all be optimistic about it and stop implying on peoples mind that there could grow something bad out of it... the only thing bad that could happen is that all the information is useless!!! And that's a acceptable "worst outcome"....

STOP CLOSING YOUR EYES AND START TO TAKE A GLIMPSE OF THE LIGHT YOU COULD SEE (ALSO CALLED THE TRUTH!)

my 2toinf cents :p
  33. 00anon00 Member

He is being held on fuzzy charges. The USA wants to extradite him, he is in danger as long as he is restrained and he knows this.
  34. The Wrong Guy Member

35. 00anon00 Member

36. Anonymous Member

shame about the house arrest thing, he could use a tan
  37. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 4
  38. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  39. The Wrong Guy Member

40. rEVOLution Member

I'm afraid he will lose. Assange is in a battle against powerful forces...
    Also, funny that he recieves the result the same day the trial of Scientology begins in France (November, 3rd)
    Thanks for the article