Customize

Assange under house arrest "'excessive and dehumanising'

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by User Name Change, Jun 19, 2011.

1. 00anon00 Member

• Like Like x 2
  2. Anonymous Member

I don't even understand why Sweden asked for his extradition. If they want his extradition just to interview him [as they dont' have enough evidence to indict him], the proper procedure would be to request Mutual Assistance in Criminal Matters and have a team of Swedish investigators travel to the UK to question him.
    • Like Like x 5
  3. adhocrat Member

kinda makes ya wonder, huh?
  4. exOT8Michael Member

This has nothing to do with Justice, it is a matter of security of the criminal elite.
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Anonymous Member

Good article.
  6. Very good report on julian assange The reporter knew that she was ashamed of the justice system.. It seems julian had left an impression on her.
  7. Herro Member

Lmao, dude, if you can video blog the experience, it's not excessive and dehumanizing. What a pussy.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. exOT8Michael Member

Tell that to Syrian protesters, you dork...
    • Like Like x 3
  9. wow...really?! what about this nugget:

"Mr Assange has now spent six months under house arrest despite not being charged with a crime in any country."

Assange has sacrificed a lot just to give information to people(along with what many others have sacrificed). Information that SHOULD be available. . Certain things should be known by the people so that they can be aware of it but of course the powers that be don't want us to know it. So of course its just "national security."
    • Like Like x 7
  10. Herro Member

He's also a rapist.
  11. alledged
  12. Herro Member

I know I know, I was just trying to see how spike anderson would react to that. Assange is a pussy though- that much is true. Maybe a whiny bitch. It's a toss up between the two.

I'd also like to point out to spike that Assange didn't really do shit to bring out info. He just provided a place for people to put it. Then again, if he gets demonized for wikileaks I suppose it's only fair he gets the praise for it as well.
  13. Kilia Member

Their doing all this just to harass Assange since they can't do anything else.
    Pure harassment!
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Anonymous Member

But I don't understand why the UK is playing along. In six months Sweden was unable to formulate its case against Assange? They couldn't send a team to interview Assange in the UK? I really don't understand why there is a full blown extradition process, when Assange hasn't been charged. It is extremely rare to request somebody's extradition, without having sufficient evidence for an indictment.
  15. Herro Member

Actually there's an ongoing criminal investigation. But keep your head buried in the sand.
  16. Anonymous Member

Nobody is denying that there is an ongoing criminal investigation. But the more appropriate procedure would be to file a request with the British authorities to interview Assange in Britain, pursuant to the Mutual Assistance in Criminal Matters Convention. http://conventions.coe.int/Treaty/EN/Treaties/Html/030.htm

To file a request for extradition, while Sweden still does not have enough prima facie evidence against Assange is peculiar to say the least.
  17. Ann O'Nymous Member

You never read what other people have to say before posting, do you ? Read e.g. Bozuri's post above yours and let us know - based on your vast experience of European legal system - what you think of what is said there.

TL;DR There is more than one way to keep one's head buried in the sand.
  18. Anonymous Member

There are governments that want wikileaks shut down, and governments that want him dead. He might be better off where he is, being watched closely, than somewhere less obvious, where he could die in a house fire or have a sudden heart attack. Rlly.
    England is not being kind, but we in the US are known to be duplicitous bastards.
  19. Jippo Member

Because he pissed in the war machines cheerios obviously.
    • Like Like x 3
  20. anonymous612 Member

At least he's in a house and not a cell. Dude should stop bitching before he alienates any more of his allies.

No, you enormous fag. Bradley Manning has sacrificed a lot. Assange didn't even sacrifice the chance to fuck slutty women.
    • Like Like x 7
  21. SwordofTruth Member

Bradley Manning has been accused of doing something, just like Assange, both treatments are not acceptable. Assange is free do to do what he wishes or are you unhappy it was with a woman ? ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  22. anonymous612 Member

I'm unhappy he's a gigantic attention whore who's bawwwwing about mistreatment on a fucking video blog. Dude's living in a fucking manor, we should all be so mistreated.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Ann O'Nymous Member

A golden prison is still a prison. That said, I am convinced that Mannings' situation is worse. But, of the two, only Assange can speak out.
    • Like Like x 6
  24. I might consider the possibility that Assange is being unfairly targeted, but house arrest is in no way whatsoever "dehumanizing."
    • Like Like x 4
  25. Assange is totally being targeted by an autocratic regime bent on killing him. This is a completely valid comparison and you aren't at all an asshole for making it.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Ok show of hands who wants herro ban hammered? Ill pm one of the mods
  27. anonymous612 Member

If by Herro you mean you and by banhammered you mean domelocked.

*handraise*
  28. Herro Member

Awwwe. But you'd miss me.
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Herro Member

Assange is about as bad of a flight risk as you can get. He should be happy he's not in jail pending trial. To confine such a person to a manor is not harassment, it's actually pretty reasonable. Now Ann, let me ask, how do my nuts taste?
  30. Ezekiel Member

Though the procedure for this is ludidrus, it is still understandable.

It's like if you're in a relationship, and you're cheating. Then you find out som guy knows about it. Wouldn't you try t keep him from shutting up? I'd surely trap him in a closet if it meant he would shut upp or stop.

All countries are afraid that their secrets will be revealed. It'snot fair, only human.
  31. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  32. LocalSP Member

And your proof being?
  33. Anonymous Member

34. Anonymous Member

In 50 years will the list of slurs & ad hominems about Julian Assange be as extensive as the current list of slurs & ad hominems about Hubbard.

So far we've got 'terrorist' & 'rapist'.
  35. exOT8Michael Member

Yes, but we don't want an_hero added to that, yikes.
  36. better men than you have tried
    • Like Like x 3
  37. exOT8Michael Member

My show of hands to ban Herro. ;-P

screenshot20110102at121.png
    If herro was banned (yet again) nothing of value would be lost.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    • Like Like x 1
  38. woo! :D
  39. Smurf Member

Sweden is not as "neutral" as it is claimed to be. http://www.swedishwire.com/politics/8408-assange-trapped-in-cozy-sweden-us-relationship
  40. Just because Herro is a pain in the ass doesn't mean he should be banned, slapped around...maybe...
    • Like Like x 1