Customize

Assange to write an autobiography

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by prot, Dec 26, 2010.

1. prot Member

Assange to write an autobiography

Assange signed two book deals, with an American and British publishers, suming up to $1.5 milion, for an autobiography that's suppossed to be published in March. he will use the money to pay for his lawyers.

Assange:
    Assange Book Deal: WikiLeaks Founder Lands $1.5 Million Autobiography Deal
  2. Re: Assange to write an autobiography

Intriguing questions (well not really).

Will amazon sell the books.

Will master card and/or visa process credit card transactions for people trying to buy the books.

The answer is of course yes, because this is just too much money to walk away from. Just another line in the sand of the hypocritical desert these corporations operate in.
  3. genoramix Member

4. Anonymous Member

Re: Assange to write an autobiography

So he says he didn't want to write a book, but he needs legal fees that might accumulate for a case that has not even been filed yet.

A case that could have easily been avoided, and one in which nothing of value was gained.
  5. Re: Assange to write an autobiography

If he doesn't want to write a book then don't write it. On the other hand... It MIGHT be an interesting read... Certainly worth more than the entire Scilon Library put together.... I say carry on... I'd be interested in buying it if all works out.
  6. Warhawk57 Member

you really think he is going to write it? I think he will hire a ghost writer. Much more effective use of his time. the book is going to be extraordinarily bland i expect. he wont want to put much work into giving all the facts about his life.
  7. Anonymous Member

In case you haven't noticed he needs the money.
  8. Anonymous Member

9. Anonymous Member

Note to Self,

Before molesting Swedish women, and / or pissing off half of the governments of the free world, start a savings account.

sincerely,
    Self
  10. Anonymous Member

An excerpt:
  11. Anonymous Member

IS = International Subversives

Looks like he was into publishing early on :D
  12. kryptos973281 Member

I'm sure the book could be fun. :)

I actually love the little anecdotes from Underground such as:

It would also let people see that he doesn't want to harm anyone.

But yeah, I guess for americans he will always be a hi-tech terrorist (while in fact he was simply exploring)...but to me, the US are the real terrorists hi-tech and otherwise (for killing many many native americans who were peacefully living there until the white men came and did some "exploring").

But for me, Assange is not a terrorist. He is just someone who tries to make the world a better place. (I have a friend who is pretty similar, and at times I do think someone needs to save those guys from themselves, because they usually do tons of good things for others and forget about themselves). Also, as Assange rightly said, most of the time the world "doesn't want to be changed"...but the good people still try anyway.
  13. Anonymous Member

BLAME the FUKING SPANISH !
  14. kryptos973281 Member

I blame anyone who kills or hurts innocent people. :p

Just took the native americans as yet another example of why the USA are terrorists. ;)

(other example can be seen here: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBJOBl1G3Kc"][/ame])
  15. Anonymous Member

Sounds like the Spaniards to me !

YouTube - Spanish inquisition
  16. kryptos973281 Member

Could have given the same reasons why the US are terrorists as Assange does here: , but always giving the same reason is boring, but fact still remains. ;)
  17. Kilia Member

It's a shame that Assange has to write a book to sell to get legal funds for himself for all this negative media stuff. Anyways, I would buy the book if it can be published.