Customize

Assange Interviewed TODAY & talks about Manning

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by Rockyj, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Rockyj Member

Assange Interviewed TODAY & talks about Manning

Bradley Manning's Detention: UN Probing Whether Case Counts As Torture
  2. RocketQueen Member

Re: Assange Interviewed TODAY & talks about Manning

imho being stuck in solitary for 23 hours of the day with no pillows or covers is torture.
  3. Perikles Member

Well that's taken a little while.

So where is the money promised for Manning's defence fund? $15k is what is apparently required...

Shoarly that's small beans.
  4. RocketQueen Member

Didn't Assange pledge like $50,000? Guess that never actually happened...
  5. Anonymous Member

Most excellent interview. Is video available? It's worth saving.
  6. Sponge Member

7. RocketQueen Member

8. another123 Member

Also here: [ame=http://rutube.ru/tracks/3902275.html?v=052c85c05316e0952caec38e32b6e948]MSNBC interview with Julian Assange of WikiLeaks ::[/ame]
  9. Kilia Member

Thank you, Sponge. Much appreciated.
  10. Ann O'Nymous Member

Interesting.
  11. halenow Member

If they can make a case they will, We must fight in any way we can.
  12. Anonymous Member

Good interview. I do like how the bible thumping politicians are the first ones to throw out the idea of killing him. Unbelievable.
  13. Disco Necked Member

"You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea."
  14. Anonymous Member

About Manning's conditions
    My FDL | Blog | Bradley Manning Speaks About His Conditions

- solitary confinement
    - no exercise allowed, besides walking in eigths
    - not allowed to watch/read the news
    - only hard blankets similar to lead aprons causing carpet burns

Is that torture? For someone who hasn't even been convicted of any crime yet, i would say yes.
  15. Anonymous Member

I went to jail once, for failing to pay a ticket for when my drivers license expired, his conditions are better than the ones I had in my (much shorter version) of detention. He does get to read books, and watch tv and his conditions are consistent with people getting detained waiting for trial. Jail isn't fun, I don't recommend doing anything illegal.

Sorry if this prevents you from trying to build a case of torture.
  16. Rockyj Member

Support for Manning:

Courage to Resist - Support the troops who refuse to fight!

17. Anonymous Member

You weren't there for seven months. A day without outside contact is an annoyance, a week is punishment, months is permanent psychological damage.
  18. Re: Assange Interviewed TODAY & talks about Manning

ter·ror·ism
       /ˈtɛrəˌrɪzəm/ Show Spelled[ter-uh-riz-uhm] Show IPA
    –noun
    the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes

I'm afraid they are going to break him... :/
  19. Anonymous Member

You missed the point. I admit I was not there for weeks, but my conditions would not have changed had I not bought my way out. Many people are in jail for days and weeks prior to a trial. Yes it sucks, No it is not torture.

It does seem a little disingenuous that you only seem to care about the issue now. But if you just want to be pissed and don't really care why, or what the facts are this is as good of an issue as any I guess. As for Bradly Manning, he is probably having a much better time now than he will be having 2 years from now. But he can probably be tried as soon as he likes, often it is the defense that requests to have more time before trial, the prosecution is probably already ready.
  20. Anonymous Member

Seeing as you have no idea about my history, it seems a little silly to be making any statements about my past stance on solitary confinement.
  21. Anonymous Member

With all due respect Rockyj;
    I was an army brat, did my 4 years active duty and have worked for the DoD on and off over the next few decades.
    So believe me when I tell you that most US military enlisted are stupid and lazy boys and girls who could not get/keep a well paying job with anyone else. In the US military they get full benifits, a full months vacation each year from the first and retirement at full pay after only 30 years work.
    The only reason our gov't pays a high school C student like an MBA is because they also ask them to do dangerious things. BTW: when they ask them to be in harms way they pay them even more.
    For someone to sign on and agree to this job and then run and hide or cry for help when it is time to pay up is pure fraud.
    Traditionally, in every culture on earth if a soilder runs from combat you kill him. this is because he is endangering the others who are to fight beside him.
    Traitors should all die. Every nation owes this to their loyal soilders.
  22. Anonymous Member

There is a difference between refusing to fight for fear of death or bodily harm and refusing to comply to illegal or unethical orders. "Following orders" is not sufficient defense in the international courts for war crimes, so ultimately it does lie on the individual soldier to determine whether an order is appropriate. And yes, choosing not to comply typically comes with severe consequences, but someone needs to make that stand.
  23. Anonymous Member

Apparently this is also true of reporters, they run from combat and get gunned down, and so do the others that try and rescue one of them.
  24. Anonymous Member

Agreed.
    Unless/untill I see something in the released links that is illegal ( I have only read a small percent but it all seems embarassing or unseemly not, criminal.) then this kid has done nothing but betray the trust (mistakenly) given to him.
    Shooting him would be a matter of principle.
    Anyone out there who thinks this harsh needs to remember that there is a big chunk of the world who would love to see the whole US dead. Liberals first.
  25. Rockyj Member

You are one sick puppy!

PLUS Merry Fucken Xmas!
  26. Anonymous Member

Is this where I am supposed to care enough to say Dox or GTFO ? if so save it.

I hope I didn't give you the impression that I thought this was the only time you bitched about something you had little understanding of.
  27. Rockyj Member

Wrong! Liberals want our country back from lame red neck ignorant turds who are too lazy to Google or watch anything but Faux News!
    But lets not go there as this is not the forum to do so!
  28. Anonymous Member

Not sure but I think she just called Obama Reid and Pelosi Red Neck Ignorant turds.
  29. Anonymous Member

Then you should see what she call GOP'ers!
  30. Anonymous Member

The point was that maybe ad hominem attacks against anonymous posters is even more stupid than it is against people you know anything about. I have dox to back up my claim that intense solitary confinement does severe, permanent psychological damage to an individual over time. You just seem to be bitching about all the spineless liberals who would rather see justice done properly than watch a kid so very like us rot in mind-destroying conditions without even a trial on the horizon.

He knew the risks if/when he dropped the dox on wikileaks' doorstep. That doesn't mean we can't choose to support him now.
  31. Anonymous Member

Yes, but you were guilty and had a certainty about your term of imprisonment.

He is innocent (until proven guilty) and has no idea if he'll ever be charged, let alone tried and convicted.
  32. Anonymous Member

So did Daniel Ellsberg when he stole the Pentagon Papers. Nothing illegal was revealed, only that the government lied.
    So what is the difference between Ellsberg and Manning?
    Should Ellsberg have been shot too, because he was a traitor?
  33. Anonymous Member

I am not the poster who mentioned liberals. Please stop your ad hom attacks on me.
    No dox were requested for that subject. The discussion was addressing the disingenuous timing of bringing up the subject here.
    I assume you will be choosing to support him regardless of his involvement. Thats fine, it is your waste of time not mine.
    also see below.

I was explaining my conditions the reason for it was not intended to be relevant. I was explaining how I was in the same conditions of someone being detained for a crime. The same conditions someone is in until trial if they do not get bailed out, or when no bail is set. You don't seem to understand the difference between prison and jail. Are you suggesting that people not yet convicted should be at large until after their trial date?

Bradly Manning will be in these conditions until his trial, his trial will be scheduled when his defense is ready. As explained prior signing up for military service often has its own set of rules. The 6th amendment can still be honored when no bail is given, in a criminal court case. Similarly Manning can legally sit in his conditions until his court-martial.
  34. Rockyj Member

Beyond WikiLeaks: The Privatization of War

Beyond WikiLeaks: The Privatization of War

It makes you wonder...
  35. Anonymous Member

Now why did you feel the need to derail your own thread ?
  36. Rockyj Member

How's that?
  37. Anonymous Member

Torture is what government lawyers say is torture.
  38. Anonymous Member

I didn't see anything in that post about Assange or Manning or the interview. Did I miss it ?
  39. Rockyj Member

Yes & so did I, opps!
  40. Rockyj Member

Saving Private Manning - Unleashed (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Good question.