Customize

Assange bail decision made by UK authorities, not Sweden

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by another123, Dec 15, 2010.

1. another123 Member

Assange bail decision made by UK authorities, not Sweden

Julian Assange bail decision made by UK authorities, not Sweden | Media | The Guardian
    Swedish prosecutor's office says it has 'not got a view at all on bail' and that Britain made decision to oppose it.
  2. LocalSP Member

3. Anonymous Member

Re: Assange bail decision made by UK authorities, not Sweden

The cps must be under a lot of political pressure.
    The UK government would like to have assange sent to Sweden,just to get rid of him.
  4. roguenet Member

I can totally see this playing out. It's funny that the general public probably won't even glance at this story. However, if they took the time to read it, they would realize that the UK delving authority into a swedish matter is honestly ridiculous. More people need to hear about this. :mad:
  5. another123 Member

Hummm, ploy to circumvent a DDOs attack on their IT structure?
  6. Herro Member

Why is it ridiculous? Just because the related charges are in Sweeden doesn't mean that the British authorities don't still have to follow their own laws and due process in dealing with Assange.
  7. Sponge Member

slowpoke

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/332-wikileaks/julian-assange-released-74832/6/#post1377232

Tracking some follow-ups on that issue from The Guardian live reports and twitters.......

in court today the CPS were pedantically whining about the surety, as one tweet said...
    although Assange's lawyer, Stephens, commented later outside court ....
    (as if suggesting that there was a little more to it)......

The judge poopooed the CPS' remarks in court....
    .....but then this......

Crown Prosecution Service has issued the following brief statement:
    It doesn't say whether the Swedish government specifically asked the CPS to appeal.

Clear as mud?
  8. Anonymous Member

I think it's worth discussing if the UK's laws and due process are just in the first place and are they being justly applied in this case.
  9. Herro Member

Then go ahead and jump on in to that ongoing several hundred year old conversation.
  10. Anonymous Member

obviously since the points have been raised before the discussion is not worth having.
  11. Re: Assange bail decision made by UK authorities, not Sweden

Transparency is needed for any government to thrive for when the people know the truth about wrong doings we can work together to mend them. I have been watching the Mass media target Wikileaks for their unveiling of war journals and such, and I must say as an American born and raised in this great nation it saddens me. If I were to have mud on my face I would be grateful for the one to point out the smudge, but as I have been witnessing the United States Government and Mass Media are quit comfortable knowing that the have United States has mud on its face and is reluctant to hold a mirror up to us. I must state that I whole heatedly love the United States, and as an American Citizen I find that to many citizens feel un motivated to discover the truth about some of the betrayal that our government has bestowed upon our own country and other countries. I urge people to show and discuss these issues with friends and family. I am new to Anonyms but have been an admire for a long time. I applaud the smoke screen you all helped smash about the scientologist and hope that again you will spread the truth once again.
    Julian Assange at this time is out on bail but it is only a matter of time before he is extradited to American and charged with treason under the espionage act. As Americans as people we cannot allow this kind of injustice to ensue in this great country anymore.
  12. Herro Member

No, I meant it's an ongoing conversation. It's not a discussion you need to have because it's already under way.
  13. Little_Sister Member

Herro? Herro!
    HERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  14. Anonymous Member

It is, in fact, the topic of this thread.

So what was your point again?
  15. Herro Member

Fair enough.

<Herro waves his magick wand>

You now have permission to talk.

PS.

LITTLE SISTER I LOVE YOU MORE THAN 10 MILLION EYE CORGIS
  16. Re: Assange bail decision made by UK authorities, not Sweden

I imagine the following conversation:

Swedish Chef: "Kjergin bjergin merkin doo." Translation: "I can't ask you specifically, but if you were to oppose bail for Assange, I'll pay a beautiful Nordic model to give you a handjob."

CPS: "Fuck yeah!"
  17. Anonymous Member

You might be surprised at how interested teh general public is. My 70-year-old Dad (Australia) surprised me the other night. I had sent the family a link to a wikinews story about Wikileaks choosing to respond to Scn threats by releasing more dox. My Dad said he had already read the article. He had found his way to wikileaks and kept going.
  18. DeathHamster Member

19. RolandRB Member

I imagine the UK government are pandering to the US who wants Assange without an internet connection so the UK government might have put pressure on the CPS to keep him in jail.

Or: the US is about to press for more serious espionage charges when he will more likely want to jump bail and get back to Australia.
  20. Herro Member

You guys do know that those women that assange doinked were CIA spooks that gave him special fast acting syphilis, right? His brain is gonna be swiss cheese in a few months. That's how they got JFK. Marylin Monroe gave him a case of syphilis so bad that it blew off the back of his head. (I swear if at lest one of you don't get that reference...)