Customize

April 9th, Manchester, UK

Discussion in 'Europe' started by strobe, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Profanity Member

I dare someone to print that off as a sign and stand next to Circusfag with it on Saturday.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. getbeckyout Member

Hmm, this thread is not what it used to be.

I will leave you to it.

Have fun.
  3. Fuckeye Member

Do it yourself you lazy bitch.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Profanity Member

Effort. :D

(and also because having a sign will raise too many questions back home)
  5. strobe Member

I will buy a drink for anyone who does not bring and/or hold a sign with hugs or anything about hugs on it and does not offer free hugs in any way, shape or form to passers by. The deluxe hugs sign is excluded, because that shit's funny slightly more acceptable and slightly less cancerous.
  6. Anonymous Member

I would have sent you a drink had it not being for that last line.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. strobe Member

Can I haz my drink nao?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Fuckeye Member

I'm holding you to that.
  9. strobe Member

I'd expect nothing less. (I hope you like fruit shoot)

(only joking, I keep to my word.)
    • Like Like x 1
  10. cfanon Member

lol White.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Circus Fag Member

No hugs makes me a sad bunny :(
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Fuckeye Member

Good.
  13. Circus Fag Member

Would you like a hug? XD
  14. Profanity Member

This can't end well.

(dooo eeeeet)
  15. Fuckeye Member

Don't encourage him, damnit.
  16. Profanity Member

What do I get if I don't? :D
  17. Fuckeye Member

A drink off strobe.
  18. Profanity Member

Tempting...
  19. Skull Member

Do i get a drink if i do bring the Deluxe hug sign?
  20. strobe Member

Don't give out my drinks!
    So long as you insist on payment if a hug transaction is made.
  21. Circus Fag Member

too%20late(4).jpg

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  22. WhiteNight Member

pathetic.jpg
    1253515153167.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  23. Circus Fag Member

Fox News... Win? Wait what? How did that happen?

• Like Like x 1
  24. strobe Member

Lulz is a corruption of LOL which stands for Laugh Out Loud.
    • Like Like x 2
  25. Skull Member

fuck all of you

you will never be as awesome as this

• Like Like x 2
  26. cfanon Member

That has made my day. Epic. I will never be able to listen to that song properly again though.
  27. strobe Member

That song's good for one thing and one thing only IMO... Being very, very drunk.

Truly epic parrot.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Circus Fag Member

It's cool but I'm afraid I've already seen it :p
  29. Circus Fag Member

30. strobe Member

Because Anonymous is all about blocking people's internet access?

Still, I admit, a 75 year old woman with a shovel is one form of censorship Anonymous is fairly powerless against...

In other news, today is the start of the International Bookathon. If you're in town, keep an eye out for the red dianetics tables, with Scientologists in red dianetics tops, possibly with a red dianetics parasol. And with the fake smiles, resistance meters and big signs saying free stress test, you can't really miss them.

Procedure:

If they are on MARKET STREET (the street leading from picadilly gardens, past the arndale, under the arndale food court down towards deansgate):
    They are not allowed here, as NO ONE is allowed to street trade on Market Street. They know this, have been given warnings and threatened with fines. Take photos, speak to a nearby police officer if there's one present, advise them that the free stress test tables are engaging in street trading, because they're selling copies of Dianetics. If there is no police officer, call the compliance officers (0161 234 4976). This number is a couple of years old and may be defunkt, if so Greater Manchester Police's general non-emergency number is 0161 872 5050.

If they are on other streets of the city centre, they still need a street trading license, which they didn't used to have and I very much doubt they do now, or they'd be out using it more. Take photos, speak to a nearby police officer if there's one present, advise them that the free stress test tables are engaging in street trading, because they're selling copies of Dianetics and tell them you don't think they have a street trading license. If there's no police officer, call the numbers above.

If they're at the Org, on their little bit of pavement that they cry about if we step on it, that's their property and they're allowed to be there. This, or having the doors pinned open with the stress test sign outside and possibly a smiley Scientologist or two is the most probable method judging on their past performances. If they're here, or the police are useless at getting them to budge from town, there's one way to deal with them - raids. See if you can't organise some people for a flash raid. I won't advise you to solo raid, but if you have a decent camera and you feel inclined that's up to you, but film EVERYTHING.

I recommend you save the above numbers, the likelyhood is you won't need them, but if the Scilons are feeling cocky / desperate for book sales... Happy stats-crashing!
    • Like Like x 1
  31. WhiteNight Member

Getting my coat on as I write this. See you on Market street guys. No mask methinks. Text me if you think I should grab it before I leave.
  32. Profanity Member

*sigh*

Wish I lived nearer to Manc.
  33. Circus Fag Member

I'll try and go too later, so I might see you there White.

Thanks for the info Probe :)
  34. cfanon Member

I work in Manchester so I'm happy to join anyone sciloncrashing on my lunch tomorrow.... I only have a one hour lunch though :p I may get a free stress test ;)
  35. Circus Fag Member

Ooh yeah I need to get a stress test too, see how many psychological issues I have... Know thine enemy eh? :p
  36. getbeckyout Member

Well put strobe, this phone no is good 0161 954 9000, but only phone this weekdays. The compliance officers hover round the city and should you report the cult to them for illegal street trading then stay, and ensure they are moved on. Any hassle from the compliance officers then call 0161 872 5050 as strobe states, this is the general Police office phone no. Inform the compliance officer that you will be doing this and then they take it serious.

RE Street trading - illegal

Within the city centre there are several areas where street trading is prohibited, these being:
    • New Cathedral Street
      • St Ann's Square / Exchange Street
        • Exchange Square
          • King Street (pedestrian area)
            • Market Street
              • Piccadilly
                • St Mary's Gate
                  • Millennium Quarter
  37. getbeckyout Member

38. novu Member

Wish I lived closer, sounds like fun:
    • Like Like x 1
  39. Skull Member

Me and White scared the Sci's back into their cave. Fear not.

Feel free to post your praise below
  40. strobe Member

Pics or it didn't happen. (Plus details - Were they just at the org or in town? What time / how long did it take to close down? Who was on the tables (pics?)? Did many people take the test? Did you see them make any sales? I'm a needy bugger. Well done.)
    • Like Like x 1