Customize

[Apr 9, 2011] Anonymous vs Scientology Rally (Chicago, IL,)

Discussion in 'Planning' started by Strong Strength, Mar 17, 2011.

1. anonymous612 Member

Old drama is old. The first was a leaderfag (multiple other cells can confirm she tried it on them too), the second had sex with dogs and streamed the video to IRC, and the third...was another leaderfag.

This is from 2008-2009. OLD drama is old.
  2. Anonymous Member

Wow. And ick.

If you haven't already, you might want to check out the latest comment on the Creative Loafing article. Someone appears to be upset about this all.
  3. anonymous612 Member

I saw. I figured there must have been something judging by the fact that anyone knew who the hell Tinkerbell was. Apologies for CW drama spilling over into Chicago's area.
  4. Darth Xander Member

Blame Paladin. All drama, all the time.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. anonymous612 Member

DAMN IT, PELLADIN!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Paladin Member

I'm just jealous because Chicago doesn't have a pink-haired femanon! :(
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Anonymous Member

You used to have a giant black nigger, though, IIRC.
  8. anonymous612 Member

Oh yeah, the suitfag with the penchant for lipsynching!
  9. Paladin Member

• Like Like x 3
  10. Darth Xander Member

We'll see. April 9th just got a lot more interesting, that's for sure. Get your cell phones ready Scilons.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Darth Xander Member

Just spoke with Manya. She heard from the city today. Maybe my letter to the city had some affect on their thinking.

And oh yeah, she asked for comments on her blog posting (which she said she will update later tonight with my comments to her just now).

Will Dominic (or any other Chicago Scilons for that matter) have the courage to have a conversation now that he can't call the cops to chase us away anymore? Stay tuned!
  12. anonymous612 Member

13. hey everyone quick question. i was thinking about coming down and taking some pics of the protest. is everyone cool with me hanging out for a bit and snapping some shots? i wouldnt be carrying a sign or anything but i support what your doing (though i could put something on my camera bag). as an athiest i think all churches and religions should be protested against. the pics wont be sold or anything, i just didnt want to show up and piss people off.
  14. Darth Xander Member

Too late. Yes, of course you can come down and hang with us. This month's secret password is "wintergreen."
  15. ok i figured as much, but i know you guys are passionate about your cause and i didnt want to be stepping on any toes.
  16. Darth Xander Member

Don't forget to RSVP at the top of the page.
  17. got it....so about how many people usually show up?
  18. Pareo Member

Mm.. Over 9,000, perhaps?
  19. Pareo Member

By the way, I'll be copy-cating Dra and bringing cookies as well. No more cupcakes..

Too risky.
  20. We're usually chillaxing in a group of 5-12 people. So, not like a ton of people, but not so few as to be lonely, so lonely either. On the subject of taking pictures, there's apparently some sort of photography class in the neighborhood, so we often get people coming by from that who are curious about us or are just looking for something interesting to practice on. And the Scientologists will probably want your photo too at some point. They think it'll scare you. 2ymukab.gif

Haha
    • Like Like x 2
  21. Sounds like some people were planning on gathering up in front of St. Alphonsus Catholic church, at the 6-way intersection near the org, to kick things off. If you arrive early, I don't recommend screwing around in front of the org without a camera, so go for a spin around the neighborhood to kill time. The 6-way intersection will also be our fall-back point if the cops are still insisting we can't demonstrate in front of the Scientology building, but it looks like the path's cleared now.

w8rqqv.png

Expect lots of police calls from crying Scientologists in any case.
  22. man i knew scientology was crazy but i had no idea how bad it was. i spent a few hours tonight reading up on it. its bat shit insane. i'll be more than happy to put a sign on my messenger bag since my hands will to busy with my camera to hold a sign. not sure what to put though. i did a little research and saw someone with a "scientology kills" sign. i figured that is small enough to fit on a small sign and coveys the point. unless anyone has a better suggestion. and im not scared of photo taking scientologists. i'll take their pics while they take one of me, then thank them for a great shot.

im really surprised more people dont show up for it. i saw a protest in cali and it seemed pretty large.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. anonymous612 Member

I enjoy a good, classic "SCIENTOLOGY = CULT".
  24. Darth Xander Member

It gives me great pleasure to inform my fellow Anons I received a letter from City of Chicago Corporation Counsel Mara Georges today. The letter states, in part, "[d]ue to concerns about the constitutional validity of Section 8-4-010(j) of the Municipal Code, the City does not intend to enforce this particular ordinance at this time." I will post a copy of the letter as soon as I scan it and then figure out how to post it.

Finally. To the Org!
    • Like Like x 4
  25. Darth Xander Member

• Like Like x 2
  26. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  27. moarxenu Member

Welcome to the Revolt. A sign created by Anon Berlin that has gotten a lot of laughs where I live is: WTF? Scientology? *lol*
  28. Kaldooe Member

Hey guys I'm new to this whole thing and I saw everybody saying that we're meeting at org what is the adress if this place so I don't get lost thank you so much i look forward to protesting
  29. anonymous612 Member

Fairly certain there's a big map at the top of the screen with the address on it.
  30. Paladin Member

Like 612 said there is a map with an address at the top of this thread. However we meet at the corner by St. Alphonsus Catholic church then go to the org as a group. So look for us at the church if you don't see us in front of the org.
  31. Kaldooe Member

Thanks a lot
  32. Darth Xander Member

Kaldooe, don't forget to RSVP.
  33. Paladin Member

He did. We have 8 people who have RSVP'ed so far. Looks like we are going to have a good turn-out for our return to the org. 70 degree weather forecast for Saturday. Nice!
    • Like Like x 1
  34. 2h7gpjc.jpg

"Keep that lumber those fliers coming!"
  35. Darth Xander Member

Oops.
  36. Kaldooe Member

Is there an age limit to this whole thing because I'm 15 I don't want to cone out and have to go home because I don't want to get you guys in trouble or anything like that
  37. Darth Xander Member

No. Paladin is like 77 and we let him hang out.
    • Like Like x 3
  38. anonymous612 Member

• Like Like x 3
  39. over9000OT Member

• Like Like x 1
  40. Paladin Member

And as long as I have nice young people like Xander and Six to push me around in my wheelchair, I'll keep on protesting!
    • Like Like x 3