Customize

[Apr 25, 2011] Freedom of Information Rally (Internet-Youtube)

Discussion in 'Planning' started by Usernamer, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Usernamer Member

(Anonymous)Operation Youtube-(Y.O.U)Youtube Boycott Day

We need to protest on any VEVO music video on youtube about how youtube and vevo are infringing our rights to post music and censorship and how they are screwing everyone over to support paying customers and big corporations. The Youtube Community has no more control, we have no more view growth, only big businesses and partners will have their views grow Fast while we barely get one each day!

-----Comment Starts here------
    Dear, Youtube-Vevo
    You have violated the basic rights of the people.
    You terminate people's accounts for big business
    You promote vevo's actions ( deleted parodies, terminating accounts,censoring,etc.)
    You only give the partners more views and the rest of the community gets there revenue cut in half all to promote corporations.
    You allowed a corporate takeover, ads that we can't skip, new deals that we have to pay to get,etc.
    We are the community, we are anonymous, we are your soul heart and mind.
    ----End of Comment-----

Try and find the most viewed music videos with the fastest rate of commenting. You may also protest on The Youtube Official Channel.

Fighting for Internet freedom at it's core!---------We are Anonymous
    We are Legion
    We do not forgive
    We do not forget
    Expect us

~Y.O.U-Anonymous~
    (You-tubers Omitting Unfairness)
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Zak McKracken Member

ipolice3.jpg

你确定了OP的位置?

是的。 OP是一个蛆虫。
    • Like Like x 1
  3. It's not an infringement of free speech to not let people post music, it's copyright. That's like saying the law against movie piracy is agianst free speech.
  4. WhiteNight Member

Well played mate.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. 1am0nlyan0n Member

>>THIS. And don't be all "tl;dr" (or watch in this case) it's important. Youtube is infringing upon fair use laws by taking down parodies and sometimes DOES infringe upon fair use when taking down music from educational or parodied videos.

The 1961 Report of the Register of Copyrights on the General Revision of the U.S. Copyright Law cites examples of activities that courts have regarded as fair use: “quotation of excerpts in a review or criticism for purposes of illustration or comment; quotation of short passages in a scholarly or technical work, for illustration or clarification of the author’s observations; use in a parody of some of the content of the work parodied; summary of an address or article, with brief quotations, in a news report; reproduction by a library of a portion of a work to replace part of a damaged copy; reproduction by a teacher or student of a small part of a work to illustrate a lesson; reproduction of a work in legislative or judicial proceedings or reports; incidental and fortuitous reproduction, in a newsreel or broadcast, of a work located in the scene of an event being reported.”
    >>http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html
  6. F_The_Sysytem Member

so basicly we just need to go on and leave mass coments about how youtube is screwing people over on every vedio we can?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. BAAL Member

This is gay......i got a bether idea but i doubt i can post it muhaha
  8. F_The_Sysytem Member

im all ears let me hear it
  9. Anon-V Member

If we do it, we should have a single comment that everyone will post so that people realize what is going on.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Anonymous Member

Looks like a setup to me.

And shouldn't those Chinese Characters be vertical?
  11. Zak McKracken Member

yahoo01.jpg

Internet is:

a) not a big truck
    b) not something you just dump stuff on
    c) left-to-right, faggot
  12. Anonymous Member

left-to-right
    not all the time
    enjoy moslem/jews interwebs with the scrollbar on the otherside.
    (btw a very pub. trick for clickjacking/likejacking rebuid the scrollbar on the "normal" side in js and remove it of the other side. )
  13. intheshadow Member

I agree that is a really good idea.
  14. 1am0nlyan0n Member

Only problem is if there are multiple posts of the same text then the text is flagged as spam. Hmm...
  15. Anon-V Member

Change certain words that wouldn't make a difference if changed?
  16. intheshadow Member

Or perhaps add a random number on the end in brackets?
  17. Anon-V Member

That could work.
  18. JamesLyon Member

But people could flag the comments as spam themselvesor rate them down untill they no longer appear
  19. Anon-V Member

If we don't do it at all, no one will see it. Even if 1 person sees it, it is working.
  20. BAAL Member

how about instead of comments we create vids?
  21. Anon-V Member

That makes sense and it won't be flagged as spam either. I think this may be a better idea.
  22. anonomousman Member

im with anon v their a better idea to this

23. I agree that making vids would be a good idea, but for those of us that are less competent at making videos, i think we should still have a cookie cutter comment with the potential for slight modifications while preserving the main purpose, and we should post this as well as make videos.
  24. Wdnf Member

How can I help you?
    What kind of comment can I put on youtube and in what kind of video?
  25. Usernamer Member

This is the unveiling of the comment!
    drum roll please............:)

Dear, Youtube-Vevo
    You have violated the basic rights of the people.
    You terminate people's accounts for big business
    You promote vevo's actions ( deleted parodies, terminating accounts,censoring,etc.)
    You only give the partners more views and the rest of the community gets there revenue cut in half all to promote corporations.
    You allowed a corporate takeover, ads that we can't skip, new deals that we have to pay to get, movies with more business flooding in.
    We are the community, we are your boss, we are anonymous, we are your soul heart and mind.
    ----End of comment-----
    if it's too long for the stupid maximum character commenting system that youtube has, feel free to trim it down to your liking.
    Post anonymous videos about this,
    Post Comments about this,
    Thumbs down any Vevo or the Official Youtube Channel's videos.
    Invite your fellow legionaries.
    We must make this big,
    We must fight!
    We need atleast 50 people doing this!
    It's easy, you can do it at the comfort of your home.
    All you have to do is post this comment and you contributed to the freedom of youtube.
    Get as much media attention of this as you can!
    • Like Like x 1
  26. i am interested in the anon movement and would like to join you, anon. any suggestions?
  27. Anon-V Member

Lurk Moar and find out about ops.
  28. would it be a good idea to create youtube accounts for this purpose, or is it safe to use previously existing ones?
  29. Anon-V Member

Depends on if you want people to know who you are.
  30. eh. think i'll probably create a new one. it's such a bother now that you have to link it to a google account now -_-
  31. Wdnf Member

Hello
    I made a short and simple video for tomorrow.
    My account is ready and I'm waiting for the action with comments.
    If you would like to see the video, please ask me.
  32. RedSword Member

Oh, contrair!
  33. raven047 Member

go ahead and add one more to the list im down.
  34. you guys make me sick. who needs to
    protest behind a fucking mask. that is
    the most childish shit anyone can do.
    It shows how embarrassed you are to
    stand up in what you believe in. Pathetic
  35. Edited the original to make it fit into youtube comments section ;)

Dear Youtube-Vevo, You have violated the basic rights of the people. You terminate people's accounts for big business. You promote Vevo's actions (deleted parodies, terminating accounts,censoring,etc.) You only give the partners more views and the rest of the community gets their revenue cut in half, all to promote corporations. You allowed a corporate takeover, ads that we can't skip and new deals that we have to pay to get. We are the community we are your boss. We are...anonymous.
  36. Anonym Hack Member

I think i'm going to waste my first post on you. You're a total asshole who looks past symbolism. 'Nuff said.
  37. Pointless Member

Think of us as being a symbol. We are the group that will stand up for the rights of the people, a group that cannot be identified; so cannot be blackmailed, hurt, killed, or whatever Scientology or other groups want to do to us.

As for the subject at hand, I don't think it's worth protesting about. Firstly, I don't think it matters all that much. Secondly, the law says that we're not allowed to upload Copyrighted material for others to view. This has been the way it is for years. That's why torrenting is illegal, it's all part of the same thing.
  38. raven047 Member

is it just me or is no one else able to post comments?
  39. You clearly haven't looked into it enough. When orginally there was arounda 60:40 ratio of people wearing masks and people not wearing masks; a large portion of people without masks were tracked down to their homes, sent threatening letters, sued and all sorts. Also, Scientology would dig up things from their pasts or make allegations of criminal activity. So it's not that we're childish or embarresed (well, as far as me and a few people I have interacted with) it's that we want to remain safe.
  40. Pointless Member

I have to say, I didn't know that. I wasn't aware the Church put that much effort into tracking down individual protestors. But surely they couldn't do that now, with the numbers they're getting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.