Customize

AO & Graham Berry surveys Gold Base

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by Smurf, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Anon-007 Member

Re: AO & Graham Berry surveys Gold Base

I couldn't agree more - he's put himself on the line countless times, and must be a major pain for Moxon by now.

I don't think that many anons realised how entrepreneurial AO is though, and that's why they are jealous.
  2. Anonymous Member

Adding broad, sweeping overgeneralizations and false analogies to the list. Yeah, you're obviously a fucking cultist. /r/ b&.
  3. ARC Member

I don't think that poster is a cultist. Only your standard issue failposter. But if (s)he were, that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. Think back to Tory Christman, for example, who woke up from being a cult drone because she enganged in "debate" with online critics back in the day.

As for the thread as a whole, it is not very interesting apart from the first few posts. I did learn a bit about the rules that lawyers have to follow though.
  4. Skeptic1337 Member

You requesting a ban because he doesn't agree with you or because he's "OSA".

Any ways would both of you shut the fuck up. This thread seemed simple. AO took a surveyor out to gold. AO has not provided the results of said survey (don't blame him, save it for court). So the thread can be about discussing surrveys, AOs surveyor and or things along those lines.

When AO gets his day in court we can all see how this all turned out. If a simple trespassing case turns into a nightmare or an epic win. I mean if I'm the DA and some idiot makes me go to court over such trivial shit, if they lose I'm going to want my pound of flesh deterrent.

If he wins, yay him! Congrats on not losing, good luck filing a civil case and good luck trying to collect "millions" from such trivialities.

I find it all a distraction my self, the drama, the non information. I'm fine if Graham and AO want to play with cult lawyers and waste their time. I don't see this case ever forwarding the cause of shutting down scientology in any meaningful way.
  5. Anonymous Member

You misunderstood.. That anonymous poster was requesting their own b&. I suggest you indulge them.
  6. YAHRLY Member

I hope AO and AGP get lots and lots and lots of money from the cult, then promptly get hospitalized for brain cancer and spend a year suffering as they die and never getting to enjoy their money

I'd call that a win/win
  7. Anonymous Member

FIFY
  8. YAHRLY Member

huh, dissenting opinions now cause cancer... go figure
    either way as long as they do huge damage to the scifags then die i'm happy
  9. Anonynamefag Member

/activate bawww mode

Leave Graham Berry alone (in b4 Crocker). Moonbat OG or not, that guy is a lawyer, and works for us pro bono. He helped AGP win the Anti-SLAPP lawsuit against the cult, for fuck's sake. He's not completely useless. Really, if you can find a better lawyer that will help Anons FOR FREE, then by all means, let's meet him/her. Until then, shut the FUCK up and don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

GB isn't that bad. Really, we've had a lot worse.
  10. Anonymous Member

Just because someone shares your goals does not mean he or she is above criticism.
  11. Sponge Member

A jury can't very well determine a verdict on a perception of some unknown "evidence" which you "believe" is being "hidden" by the defendant, can it? Either the there is evidence already there to be considered or there isn't. Conviction in a criminal court as I understand it is on the basis of beyond reasonable doubt. In a perfect world.

As an aside, in the longer term perhaps the best way to influence a jury is by doing precisely what we are doing now, indirectly, by innoculating the public at large against the abuses of the cult of scientology so much so that hopefully there will come a point where you cannot find a jury anywhere who doesn't hold some degree concern of over the cult's motivations for trying to screw someone who speaks out against them. All I want is a fair trial not a biased one but if the cult wants to continue on its current track then it only has itself to blame for an increasing number of people having an underlying distrust of them and no default sympathy for their pseudo-religious persecution baawww.
  12. Anon-007 Member

Well, fuck me - what a glowing testimonial. Perhaps Graham could use it on his website?
  13. Anonymous Member

No, but it still applies.
  14. Anonymous Member

And just because you don't doesn't mean that you are either.
  15. Anonymous Member

Now she tells me. FFS.
  16. happy feet Member

Can we end the e-lawyering?

It is actually a pretty complicated case. In terms of PC 602 there are issues about signage (size of signs and placement which is lacking) in terms of criminal trespass, however there is another section regarding refusing to leave when a property owner / representative tells you you are trespassing (where signs are not required).

There is the issue of not waiting for law enforcement and whether he was given the opportunity to leave weighed against saying 'fuck you' and not appearing he was going to leave. There is legal precedent for First Amendment stuff like a group handing out flyers at a fair and being asked to leave, but not interfering with business, and it isn't trespass depending on your intent.

Plus there is the awkward nature of the citizens arrest and the extreme force used for an otherwise peaceful person who was walking ten feet too far into the middle of nowhere. That weighed against the now seemingly huge list of discovery documents being asked for (possibly unrelated and some with the date of Oct 2009) from a lawyer already having issues with vexatious litigation problems against the exact same cult.

So yes, he is also innocent until proven guilty, however he is also charged with criminal trespass (and the other charges) until the court makes a ruling (and/or a jury makes a finding). I don't think anyone can say what will happen in court. And that is all just for a criminal trial. So any civil case discussion is way, way premature.
  17. Sam Urai Member

Thanks for settling that.
  18. JohnnyRUClear Member

FTFY. Also, 6/10, but only temporarily. The good guys are gonna get the last laugh in this. I kin feel it. :-P

Wherever it is, it's gotta be better than from someone who would write "he winded up".
  19. Anonymous Member

The Scientology property near Hemet, was originally owned by a man ( now deceased) named Harvey Emerson. He was a major in the " Criminal Core" of Scientology, who specialized in mail fraud . Remember, this is not a "Church" but mearly a front for organized crime. More power, and Godspeed to AO and Graham Berry, the truth is coming out!!
  20. Re: AO & Graham Berry surveys Gold Base

Ok, I just read 179 posts in one sitting, in addition to some other side lurking. <Insert the "that isn't shit STFU no one cares comments here>
    This is what I draw from all this:
    1.) The entire case is iffy. I don't think there's enough information available to us to determine what's gonna happen in court. That plus the facts that testimonies and examination of witnesses can't be predicted, and we have no idea what ties the CoS has in the DA's office, jury, judge, whatever (if you do have proof, be much appreciated) shows that this case is total fucking chaos (from our viewpoint) and it's pointless in trying to determine the outcome. The parties involved have the full evidence, hopefully our guys present the better case.
    2.) AO is a fucking asshole. Trufax. But he has done a shitload as a frontliner for Anonymous. Trufax. A lot of you are criticizing his methods. Who cares? He gets shit done. What have you done? GTFO. (I haven't done much either, but I haven't been around that long and I'm looking to get involved more. Plus I'm not baaaaawwwwwing about what he does, so STFU.)
    3.) AO and GB have balls the size of an astronomical mass that would be the result of a one night stand between the sun and Jupiter. I salute these men and what they have done for Anonymous.
    4.) To xenubarb and anyone else directly involved, I hope you testify if you can and get the trufax of the events in question out.
  21. eddieVroom Member

IIRC, Graham's MO is to try to bring additional info to light via discovery process. Mind you, this is just collection phase -- analysis and interpretation has historically been done amongst the collective mind of the counter-$cientolgy community.

That is to say that I expect two things to happen here: One, it will prove a slam-dunk defense for AO and two, Graham will dig out a couple or three choice nuggets of data with significant lulz potential.

Time will tell...
  22. Anonymous Member

And if AO loses and is convicted, he will rally that he is a martyr for the cause and expect to be treated as such. And he has enough allies to assure this happens.
  23. Anonymous Member

But when when we win?
  24. JohnnyRUClear Member

Your whole post is only 5 words and you still can't proofread it?

FAIL.
  25. Anonymous Member

Ok whatever, but that has nothing to do with this thread.
  26. Anonymous Member

27. Anonymous Member

Re: AO &amp; Graham Berry surveys Gold Base

grammar_nazi.jpg
  28. Anonymous Member

29. Anonymous Member

30. happy feet Member

samefag

I wish I was kidding. Kinda pathetic and in my view this is GB fundraising spam.
  31. Vir Member

Agreed.
    This is where you fail. Let people point out when he's doing it wrong. Sometimes this is correct, and one can change the way one does things. AO has been doing it more right lately, and who knows maybe he's listened to it? Not all criticism is helpful, but much of it is.

If some criticism sends you into a bawwwing rage, then you're in the wrong place.
  32. ARC Member

Or maybe someone who's going to complain when their fake donation doesn't arrive. It could work both ways, you know.
  33. Anonymous Member

I'll send GB money once he demonstrates that he can actually win a case.
  34. JohnnyRUClear Member

Re: AO &amp; Graham Berry surveys Gold Base

Thanks.
  35. COB Member

WHATCHU TALKIN' ABOUT WILLIS
  36. Oswald2001 Member

You post anonymously.

You won't send money.

You're just making excuses.
  37. subgenius Member

Ignorant post is ignorant.
    Great lawyers lose cases all the time.
    Clarence Darrow, Scopes trial: he lost. Etc, etc.
  38. muldrake Member

Scopes won on appeal, unfortunately on a side issue instead of the unconstitutionality of the law he was prosecuted under.
  39. Azazel Member

Talking to yourself is a sign of a mental disorder. Maybe this person has such a disorder?
  40. subgenius Member

But you get my point, right?