Customize

AO & Graham Berry surveys Gold Base

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by Smurf, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Anon-007 Member

Re: AO & Graham Berry surveys Gold Base

Nothing.

As far as I recall, he sued the Cult for the return of all his "donations" and Moxon dragged the case out for so long costs spiraled.
  2. subgenius Member

Where IS "Toxic" Moxon?
  3. Anonymous Member

So, then why is he paying the cult and not the other way around?
  4. Anonymous Member

Because Moxon is a better lawyer.

Hmmmm. I don't see how I'm derailing the conversation. All I did in your quote was refute the notion that AO's case has merrit because GB would only take on solid cases. Your definition of thread derailing is strange indeed if it includes discussing the topic at hand. Now you feeling the need to whine about me calling the Church of Scientology by it's name would be much closer to thread derailing. Why does it bother you if I refer to it as "the Church." That's its name afterall. Obsessively calling the Church the cult or the Co$, ect is like those american flag lapel pins politicians are so fond of. It's a hollow gesture that has become so rote, so mechanical, that it is devoid of any meaning.
  5. TypingChimp Member

/thread. Seriously, AO and GB will do what they feel they have to in court, and all of this verbal masturbation ITT will mean precisely jack shit when it really matters in front of an actual judge. As for me, I hope AO and GB fucking pwn the Co$ in court, not out of some great love of AO, as I don't know and have never met him (nor do I possess a deep interest in doing so), but because win for AO=fail for Co$.
  6. Anonymous Member

If it walks like a cultie and talks like a cultie . . .
  7. anonhuff Member

8. subgenius Member

Displays lack of knowledge of the system.
    Or a different definition of "better" and "lawyer."
    Unindicted co-conspirator, he is. True fact, that is.
  9. Anonymous Member

I'm not saying anything about the character of these two men. I'm just saying that it would appear that Moxon is a better lawyer than GB. Berry's rather dismal track record against the cult speaks to that.
  10. Anonymous Member

I think "better heeled" would be more accurate. His record against the cult, compared to others, is actually fairly good. One man versus that cult when it was a lot more powerful than it is now... This was not and never has been a battle of equals. As far as resources, this was more along the order of the Tennessee Volunteers vs. the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, and yet he still managed to pull out at least one win.
  11. Anonymous Member

You're an idiot, with nothing of value to add. Not to mention an agenda to push. It's pretty obvious to everyone. So why don't you do us all a favor and STFU.
  12. Anonymous Member

I find it very interesting and ironic that if anyone has an opinion not reflective of a pro-AO rant, they're ostracized as pro-Scientology trolls or supportive of the cult.

The OG did this for years and it ruined their PR standing in the eyes of the media & community that once look at them for guidance & education on cult-related issues.
    Where are they at nowadays? Conspiracies abound and lead to nowhere.

It's interesting, too, that so much attention is being focused on what AO said & didn't say... what AO did & didn't do, and the trial hasn't even started yet.

The jury will decide what the facts are in this matter and whether AO is guilty or not. Will the jury make the right decision? Maybe so. Maybe not. Regardless, there will be just as many supporting their decision as those decrying that they failed their duties.

You all can yap, froth & shout your opines all you want. What you think is not being taken into account in this case.
  13. Zak McKracken Member

(Moxon + cult money + cult resources) = successful lawyer

(GB without these things) - (any reasonable hope of short or medium term financial stability) = Epic law hero

I'll grant you this: its fair argument that he is in fact a miserable failure.
    Virtually any other litigator in his shoes would have quit long, long ago; would not have been forced into poverty and humiliation, would have given up trying to fight Scientology altogether, and probably be a heck of a lot better off.

But Graham Berry's "miserable failure"- weighed against the achievments of people who know better than to confront entrenched psychotic power- tells another story altogether. If Moxon is indeed the better lawyer, I'd be curious how well he'd do, were his circumstances swapped with GB. If Moxon were *our* champion, after decades of CoS legal abuse, would he still be standing?
  14. Azazel Member

It's fairly counter-productive to keep calling people OSA or culties if they are against AO. If the person supports AO then he is an 'idiot' or a 'fanboy'.

Both sides for and against AO look like children fighting and calling each other bad names. Do I have to call your mommy on you?
  15. Anonymous Member

Many of us aren't taking any specific side here. Just noting that. And pretty sick of the accusations of being fanboys or OSA or whatever.
  16. subgenius Member

Untrue.
  17. Anonymous Member

Where are you getting your information? Graham has been ordered by several Courts to pay sanctions & legal costs for various reasons, but Scientology doesn't have a million dollar judgement against him. Dox, please.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GRAHAM EDWARD BERRY [#128503], 51, of Los Angeles was suspended for 18 months, stayed, placed on 18 months of probation with a nine-month actual suspension, and was ordered to make restitution, take the MPRE within one year and comply with rule 955. The order took effect May 11, 2002.

Berry stipulated to six counts of misconduct.

The first stemmed from a levy on his bank account by a party attempting to collect upon a $27,470 judgment. Under penalty of perjury, Berry filed a declaration stating that the account should be exempt because it contained attorney client trust funds. He also presented documentation that he had deposited $5,200 from one client, $500 from another and $250 from a third into the account.

In a civil action in which he filed an original and three amended complaints, the court found that he violated federal law prohibiting unreasonable and vexatious litigation because none of the complaints stated a basis for the defendant's liability. Berry was sanctioned more than $28,000 but has yet to comply with the court order.

He also was sanctioned in a bankruptcy matter for conflict of interest and failing to disclose the conflict, and was ordered to pay $8,000. He also failed to comply with that order.

A suit against the Church of Scientology was dismissed with prejudice after the defendants filed an "anti-SLAPP" action, contending it was brought to chill the right to freedom of speech. Berry was ordered to pay attorney's fees of $3,000 and costs of $23, but did not do so.

Another SLAPP action against him was granted by the court, which found that every cause of action arose from acts taken under the right to freedom of speech. Berry was sanctioned $12,500, but did not comply with the court order.

He stipulated to failing to deposit and maintain client funds in a trust account, representing clients with conflicting interests, and four counts of disobeying a court order.

In mitigation, Berry has no record of prior discipline and contends that he acted in good faith by being available to provide representation against the Church of Scientology since 1991. He cooperated with the bar's investigation.

State Bar of CA :: Graham E. Berry

Graham Berry did file for bankruptcy in 2001, however, court-ordered sanctions are not dischargeable.

Graham E. Berry letter to Scientology crime syndicate ringleaders

"At that point, Berry was already in deep trouble. His former partners had left his law firm. During the previous year he had started several ill-founded lawsuits against various Scientology corporations, individual Scientologists and their attorneys (f. e. "Berry vs. Barton et al," Superior Court of Los Angeles, No. BC 186 188), alleging a sinister conspiracy directed by Scientology and all its attorneys to destroy him.

While his lawsuits often lacked any substantial merit, Berry tried to compensate it with manic and erratic motions and exparte applications. The courts in return did not appreciate such conduct and as a result he was fined several times and after his suits had been dismissed he winded up with legal bills in the tens of thousands of dollars.

Finally Berry filed for bankruptcy in the summer of 1999 ("In re Graham Berry," U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California, No. LA 99-32264 ER). "

Citizen Complaint Count 7
  18. Smurf Member

Yes, please. My mommy died in the cult, the Scilons had her cremated & dumped her ashes into the ocean from the Clearwater Beach Pier, and told me about it 2 weeks later.
  19. Anonymous Member

This is why.
  20. Ann O'Nymous Member

IMHO, both sides made mistakes during the incident. Everybody can speculate about how the judge will interprete this less-than-clearcut case.
  21. Re: AO & Graham Berry surveys Gold Base

I predict chaos and mayhem when this goes to trial. AO might not be able to resist educating the jurors and shove anon fliers under their wiper blades. Or maybe false flag scilons posing as anons will troll the jury to provoke a mistrial (if an AO win is likely) thereby bringing down judicial wrath on anons in Riverside.

Scilons will game the system, the court, the jury, the DA. Bracing for epic shenanigans.
  22. Anonymous Member

The big lulz will come when AO takes the stand and is examined & cross-examined by the DA who will have Scilon attorneys sitting with him to instruct him on what to ask AO & how to push his buttons.

Expect AO to lash out irrationally in front of the jury or have a mental breakdown. I suspect the Scilons have a "can't wait" attitude of putting AO on the stand under oath.
  23. i'mglib Member

If "better" means getting people to lie on the witness stand and buying corrupt judges, then, yes, Moxon is that type of lawyer.

24. Re: AO & Graham Berry surveys Gold Base

That's assuming AO takes the stand, which is not likely. GB will advise AO not to, and AO better damn well listen to his lawyer.
  25. Smurf Member

Problem is... the majority of cases where defendants don't take the stand are later found guilty because it leads the jury to believe the defendant had something to hide.
  26. Re: AO & Graham Berry surveys Gold Base

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt- A. Lincoln(a lawyer).
  27. Anonymous Member

Too bad the Church doesn't seem to share your opinion; they don't have Moxon working any of their important cases nor is he assigned to this one.
  28. subgenius Member

Not sure about the statistics or the causation.
    The majority of defendants are found guilty regardless of whether they take the stand.
  29. Optimisticate Member

Oh. My. God.

I'm so so so sorry Smurf! I had no idea...

<hug>

<sniff>
  30. Sam Urai Member

Yeah, that's really jacked up. Nobody should have to go through something like that.
  31. Anonymous Member

This wasn't written to refer to a defendant in a court trial.
  32. fitch2000 Member

If AO does get put on the stand would it be safe to think that Danny, Kenny and the 3rd goon will also have to testify under oath?

Also, possibly other scifags that hire, schedule, what have you?
  33. Re: AO & Graham Berry surveys Gold Base

Sure, the guards will probably be called to testify by either GB or the DA. Their testimony will be important.

IANAL, but it seems that people not directly involved in the incident are more likely to be asked for written testimony rather than to be called to the stand.
  34. Anon-007 Member

Maybe Moxy is working on a more important project - such a moving [STRIKE]the Cult's [/STRIKE]Davey's money secretly offshore?
  35. muldrake Member

Just a nitpick, but Wollersheim never settled. He refused every settlement offer the cult made and forced them to pay his judgment in full, down to the last thin dime.
  36. TomVorm Member

The Wollershiem case was settled by the court.
  37. Anonymous Member

No shit! Geez, you fags would rather AO lose this case than a major loss for the cult!
  38. Anonymous Member

I think a lot of people have realized that AO could make a lot of money in damages from the Cult, and jealousy is starting to appear.
  39. Anonymous Member

Re: AO &amp; Graham Berry surveys Gold Base

jealousy.gif
  40. TomVorm Member

If money results from these incidents, then AO will have "earned" it - the "hard way".

What other Anon has been cold-cocked outside Big Blue, then hog-tied with his face in the dirt outside Gold Base?

IMO, AO has clearly been targeted.

But in response, AO has done his homework into the property abuses at Gold Base (which are also relevant to the AGP defense), and has testified on numerous occasions before the County Board. The status of the issues, and the nature of the abuses tied to Gold base, have been known more widely as a result (in part) because of AO's personal determination to have them publicized.

Could his style of presentation be improved? Definitely. But lately, its apparent that he's learning.