Customize

Another Wired Blog on Scientology

Discussion in 'Media' started by nova.gmu.anon.42, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unaware Member

Yea, was brought up on a different Anon forum. I think it's horrible. I doubt it was an Anon.
  2. Amomynous Member

What's there to discuss?

Maybe the Co$ did it, maybe some stupid Anon did it.

We don't know. We can't know.

So?

Browsing through a few of the first comments, it seems Anon is mostly annoyed at Wired apparently putting the blame on us.

Are they?

From a purely semantic perspective, that's entirely correct, regardless of "who did it".

All Wired is saying is that "first there was DDoS, now there's this". They're not saying both events are related/done by the same group.

But yes, the way it's worded surely makes it sound that way. And unfortunately, considering the average IQ of the masses, that's as good as saying "Those who did the DDoS also sent the envelopes".

So shame on you, Wired, for playing with sheep's minds!

But that's about all I can say about this.
  3. Yeah, I'm jumping through a whole bunch of news articles right now. Thought this had a bit more to do with us.

Wired, for a tech magazine, seems rather down on us, though... The other story was pretty negative too.
  4. wired's negativity is pretty dumb, they are alienating their target audience and I am leaning towards cancelling my subscription because its starting to piss me off.
  5. AnonyTsunami Member

Legal pressure much?
  6. anonEmouser Member

You generally have to print something negative or damning to a party before they get to wave their lawyers at you.

Its more like lack of a spinal column.
  7. DrAdlaiAtkins Member

WIRED's been generally really weak for the last year or so.
  8. It seems like they're really going out of their way to be antagonistic.
  9. sudopod Member

Re: Another Wired Blog on Scientology

Wired is run by a bunch of consumer whores who thing the answer to every problem is "Consult Microsoft's website" or "reinstall Windows."

Who cares what those tools think?

Yeah, I wasn't a fan before they started carrying water for the scilons. :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.