Customize

Another death at NN Arrowhead, July 19th 2012

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by peterstorm, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jensting Member

I would be surprised if the tax payers of OK would really settle for this level of non-performance from the state regulator of addiction treatments. I think complete transparancy should be a requirement of all treatment centres and I know that narCONon provides the opposite.

Best Regards

Jens
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. RightOn Member

so.. court ordered rehab, (if they choose this quack dump) is that at all funded by the tax payers?
    And are tax dollars going towards NN because it is listed as a non profit and it is tax exempt? I would assume?
    if so....
    Don't think people of OK would liek that one bit.
    Want to get people's attention?
    let them know people are dieing in a place that their tax dollars are paying for.
    A double whammy
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Incredible Find, it's scary how deep Scientology's tentacles have reached including and since their U.S. government infiltration Operation Snow White and their obscene harassment of writer Paulette Cooper for writng the truth about Scientology (The Scandal of Scientolgy) in Operation Freakout.

The white hot spotlight needs to continue to shine brightly on this brutally abusive cult of Scientology, Narconon under any name and all of their scamming front groups, CCHR, World Literacy Crusade, etc. and on and on ad nauseum.

http://www.villagevoice.com/

History
    1992: Vocus is co-founded by Rick Rudman and Bob Lentz.
    2005: Vocus' IPO (initial public offering).
    2006: Vocus acquires PRWeb, an online visibility service.

10 Cybersecurity Game Changers to Watch in 2010

Robert Lentz of DoD
    Robert Lentz serves as the chief information assurance officer for the DoD, where he coordinates information assurance programs across the department. In a recent interview conducted by ExecutiveBiz, Lentz outlined the main areas of focus for cybersecurity at the DOD. Lentz stated “the goal is to work with industry…” and build private-government partnerships to help secure cyberspace.
    The field of cybersecurity is becoming increasingly relevant to discussions on national security.
    President Barack Obama placed cybersecurity in the forefront of his national security policy. In his speech May 29, 2009, Obama stated: “From now on, our digital infrastructure…will be treated as they should be: as a strategic security asset. Protecting this infrastructure will be a national security priority.”

Bob Lentz in Scientology's Publications

The following 1 mentions of Bob Lentz appear in official Scientology publications:
    Bob Lentz All Clears in the United States From Clear to Eternity Newsletter 2006 2006-11-01

http://www.villagevoice.com/ is a great source for more of the white hot spotlight that is shining on the abusive Scam of Scientology.
    • Winner Winner x 5
  4. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. Intelligence Member

IMO NN AH is living it's last days in Oklahoma. This SP Party (where I still am), has
    increased contacts and Intel 100 fold.

A few minutes ago, I was handed file folders on NN etc, and I just got off the phone with
    a TV Media in Oklahoma. There WILL be an awesome TV EXPOSE in due course - - investigative
    Reporter is doing an incredible job and digging deep.

If the Oklahoma government and health authorities don't ACT SOON, they could themselves, be Libel
    for any further deaths and harms. (they could be already?).

Will be directing confidential files to USA Media tomorrow for them to use and help their
    Legal Team approve damning coverage of Narconon Oklahoma and the entire structure.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 6
  6. Intelligence Member

Just reviewing some USA Dox that were given to me today in New England.

I'm looking at a letter to Gary Smith from United States Senator James M. Inhofe.

Is he still in power?

7. BigBeard Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Inhofe
    • Like Like x 2
  9. The Wrong Guy Member

Miscavige Talks Narconon

Published on Jul 22, 2012 by anonsparrow1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. Anonymous Member

http://www.moweryfs.com/Moweryfuneralarrangements.aspx?ID=786&Page=funeralpage&Name=Stacy Dawn Murphy
    Funeral Arrangements

Stacy Dawn Murphy

Date of Birth Thursday, March 12, 1992
    Date of Death Thursday, July 19, 2012

Funeral Date Monday, July 23, 2012
    Funeral Time 10:00 a.m.
    Funeral Site Central Baptist Church
    Funeral Address 9001 North 145th East Avenue
    Funeral City Owasso, OK 74055
    Funeral Phone 918-272-6244
    Funeral Website www.moweryfs.com
    Funeral Contact Steve Mowery

Visitation Location Mowery Funeral Service
    Visitation Date Sunday, July 22, 2012
    Visitation Hours 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Burial Site Graceland Memorial Park Cemetery
    Burial Address Highway 20, East of North 145th East Avenue
    Burial City Owasso, OK 74055

Stacy Murphy Memorial Fund:
    c/o First Bank of Owasso
    918-272-5301
    P.O. Box 1800
    Owasso OK, 74055
    • Like Like x 4
  11. patriot75 Member

Channel 6 News out of Tulsa will be running a piece tonight 10:00 - 11:00pm CST with an interview with Stacy's Father. I don't know if it will be streaming.
    http://www.newson6.com/video
    • Like Like x 4
  12. grebe Member

Scary mofos are scary.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Sekee Member

• Like Like x 4
  14. The Wrong Guy Member

Father Calls Daughter's Death At McAlester Rehab Facility Preventable

Posted: Jul 22, 2012 5:08 PM MST Updated: Jul 22, 2012 5:21 PM MST

Tess Maune, News On 6 - email

McALESTER, Oklahoma -

An Oklahoma rehab facility is under fire following the deaths of three patients.
    In the past 12 months, three people have died while being treated at Narconon Arrowhead near McAlester.

The most recent, 20-year-old Stacy Murphy from Owasso, was found dead Thursday morning.

"This is a drug addict," Robert Murphy said as he showed a photo of his daughter, Stacy. "It's not the perception you think of a drug addict, and people have to realize, it can be their own child."

Robert Murphy is coming to grips with Stacy's death.

He said she was a vibrant, bubbly girl with the world at her fingertips -- until she fell in with the wrong crowd.

"Stacy grew up in the church, she did the sports," Robert Murphy said. "So sweet and so bubbly, you just don't know what the struggle is that [was] going on inside of her and she was seeking help."

Robert Murphy said when Stacy's prescription drug addiction escalated to heroin, she agreed to seek treatment at Narconon Arrowhead, a drug and alcohol rehab facility with treatments inspired by teachings of the Church of Scientology.

"We went there for her to be cured, safe," Robert Murphy said. "She had so much potential."
    Stacy was found dead Thursday morning.

Her father said she sneaked in drugs to the facility following a one- day visit home.

"My first thought was, ‘Well, Stacy did what she did to herself,'" Robert Murphy said. "But after hearing what [Narconon] did know, there was no reason for her to die."

Murphy said Narconon employees knew Stacy was on the verge of an overdose, but instead of providing her with the medical attention she needed, his daughter was put in a room and left to die.

"They did not call us as parents; they did not call a medical team," Robert Murphy said. "There was a shift change apparently at 7 o'clock. Nobody found her until 9:20."

Two other patients have died at Narconon this year, including another Oklahoman, Gabriel Graves.

"In Narconon's 20 years of operation, there [have] been three deaths at the Narconon facility and those have been within the last 12 months," CEO Gary W. Smith said in an email to News On 6. "The rampant abuse of prescription medications and drugs like Spice, bath salts and host of other designer drugs has presented new and greater challenges for treatment providers."

The Pittsburg County Sheriff's office, along with the OSBI are investigating all three deaths.
    Pittsburg County Sheriff Joel Kerns said criminal or negligence charges are possible, though the investigation is still the early stages.

"We just hate it for these families ," Kerns said. "I just feel for them, that they've lost a child."

And for Stacy's family, Robert Murphy said it will continue to cope, while searching for answers and demanding change.

"All I can say is it's not safe," Robert Murphy said. "My daughter's death could have been prevented, easily, easily. And I don't want her death to be in vain.

"They don't have a physician on 24-hour staff. I've been told he only goes in once a week. There's procedures that either have to be changed or this place has to be shut down."

When News On 6 reached out to Narconon, the organization supplied the following statement:

"Out of respect for the law and to remain in full compliance with 42 CFR (Code of Federal Regulations) and HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) which are laws specifically designed to protect past and present clients or their family members right to privacy, I cannot disclose any information about past clients.

It is always deeply saddening when drug addiction takes a life or destroys a family. It hurts when a young person passes away before their time. For the family the pain of losing a loved one to addiction is unimaginable and our deepest sympathy goes out to those families. Our prayers are with them. For those who have committed their lives to saving people from drug and alcohol addiction the loss of not being able to help a person overcome addiction takes an emotional toll on us as well. It is a sad day for everyone when something as unfortunate and devastating as this occurs.

There are very precise local and state guidelines established with law enforcement and state agencies that come into play if and when there are any critical incidents concerning a person in our, or any other healthcare provider's, care. In the event that these circumstances arise, Narconon Arrowhead fully cooperates with these agencies.

Narconon Arrowhead is an established Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Center that has been in operation in Oklahoma since 1992. The Center employs 190 rehabilitation and nursing staff and has serviced over 10,000 people in its rehabilitation program since it was first licensed and opened its doors over twenty years ago. Narconon has remained accredited by the nationally recognized accreditation agency, CARF (Commission on The Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) for 20 years and is certified by the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse to deliver non-medical detoxification services."

According to the Centers for Disease Control, drug overdose death rates in the United States have more than tripled since 1990. In 2008, more than 36,000 people died from drug overdoses, and most of these deaths were caused by prescription drugs, the agency reported.

The Oklahoman reported earlier this year that drug overdoses now kill more Oklahomans than motor vehicle accidents — an average of two per day, and drug overdoses in the state have more than doubled in the past 10 years.

Oklahoma is No. 1 in prescription painkiller abuse, according to a 2011 study.

The stigmatism attached to drug abuse is one that Robert Murphy said he wishes on no family.

"It's embarrassing to say your child is a drug addict or an alcoholic … but this is everybody's daughter, son, father, brother. People need help," Robert Murphy said."They're not crazy people. They're addicted, and sometimes no fault of their own. But if it happens, it happens, and they need help. Safe help."

[IMG]

Stacy Murphy, 20, died Thursday of an overdose. Her father said she sneaked in drugs to the facility following a one- day visit home.

[IMG]

"My daughter's death could have been prevented, easily, easily. And I don't want her death to be in vain," Robert Murphy said.

[IMG]

"In Narconon's 20 years of operation, there [have] been three deaths at the Narconon facility and those have been within the last 12 months," the CEO said in a statement.

[IMG]

"It is always deeply saddening when drug addiction takes a life or destroys a family," the statement said.

From www.newson6.com/story/19085040/owasso-woman-dies-at-drug-rehab-facility-her-family-wants-answers
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. Anonymous Member

^^^^^Lets keep an eye on the comment section:
    http://www.newson6.com/story/190850...-drug-rehab-facility-her-family-wants-answers
    22 seconds ago
    lkm1959, self righteous hypocrite much?

Los Sinner
    5 mins ago
    @44101979, most comments are squill ant to mine and I know plenty about addiction. All people have free will, this includes those addicted. She chose to find, purchase and consume these drugs. Why do you make excuses, ADDICTION in your opinion is an excuse to do things you should not. If she was in rehab and had a home visit she would have been dried out. Excuses and co-dependent behavior is what allows this behavior to flourish. Others can choose to participate in that behavior, I choose not to.

lkm1959
    6 mins ago
    4410,im sorry you cant face facts,get a grip and deal with reality,,,the addict is to blame and no one else,,,lawsuits dont fix anything but exploit the person who died,,which is pretty sick in itself,and yes I do have addicts in my family and all of them have died,I can blame and sue all i want but it doesnt fix or change anything and i sure as F wont feel guilty about it

Freedom-Fighter
    9 mins ago
    Why is there no doctor on staff? Why do the staff members who are almost all former patients take a 1 hour in house certification only to qualify them for this line of work? Why do staff members earn less then minimum wage? Why doctors outside Narconon horrified that patients are pumped full of toxic levels of Niacin, which destroys your liver, when addicts tend to have weakened livers? Why was the Narconon in Quebec shut down for abuse and fraudulent medical care? Why were 15 patients of Narconon Arrowhead held there against their will until the sheriff got them out? Ask Questions.

Sensible
    11 mins ago
    You people are pathetic. Who cares how she died. She died. That can't be changed. A daughter, sister, friend, a girlfriend. She died. When Michael Jackson died did you say "good riddance, he was a child molester." No you more than likely mourned it just like every other person in the world. A father is mourning the death pf his daughter and this is how you all act. Maybe your children will die of an overdose so people can say the same things. Grow up. All of you. Seriously. It's sad that we have "adults" that act like this.

12 mins ago
    As a matter of fact, all of you that have responded are IDIOTS!!! If you have not dealt with the power of addiction and spew ignorance like this then do us all a favor and shut your mouth!!!!!

Debbie
    12 mins ago
    Sorry to hear about your daughter, I hope your able to find the person who supplied your daughter w/ the drugs. I know what I'd be taking w/ me to confront that person!!!

14 mins ago
    As a matter MOUTH!!!!!!!

17 mins ago
    Los sinner, you are an IDIOT!!!!! Take your ignorance somewhere else because you obviously have no clue about the power of addiction!! Take your "greater than thou" attitude and disappear

lkm1959
    18 mins ago

blame blame blame blame......she was an addict an she died because of her OWN actions,accept that and move on,,and on the bright side she wont be a danger to other people,,these are facts,like them or not.

Mr B
    21 mins ago

I hope the young individuals who are addicts themselves and who were her suppliers learn from her tragic death and change their lives before they end up as she has - such a tragic waste. She probably had much potential...

Wh1teW0lf
    22 mins ago

i don't care how old my children are. whether they are 20 or 200, if i am alive and on this earth, i believe i deserve the respect to know when something is wrong with MY child. a parent is a parent for heir entire life, end of story. we need to talk to our kids now. when they are young. (i have a 9 year old and a 2 year old). i talk to my kids about drugs and drinking. i want them to know the dangers. i want them to know the outcome. kids thnk they are immortal, and they think that until they are in their 30's sometimes. at least. the families involved in this tragedy is in my prayers for sure.

Los Sinner
    30 mins ago

This is her fault, she was an adult. Rehab is for QUITTERS, she was not ready to quit. If our society does not get back to personal responsibility we are done. I am afrade it's to late, this is a sad story and I feel for the father. He blames others, "she was good but fell in with a bad crowd" so in his opinion it was other people's kids who started this. In her years of using I wonder how many other people's kids got high with Miss Murphy. She was the bad crowd, the she comes home with him more than likely. Gets drugs and OD's but it's the rehabs fault. This is her fault, sad but true.

Wise Fool
    30 mins ago

Her death was preventable, but she bears that responsibility 100%. She should have prevented it. Condolences to the family...

nunyerbisness
    32 mins ago

Some people are addicted to drugs, others are born with dark hearts and addicted to hatred. The unfortunate problem is that there is not treatment facility for that.

twalt10
    33 mins ago
    -p.s. at least Oklahoma is #1 at something.

twalt10
    34 mins ago

the girl was 20 years old. i believe that's an adult. why would the facility need to call her parents?

JohnJon
    44 mins ago
  16. Etain Member

I commented. Los Sinner is a moron.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  17. Anonymous Member

The amount of "blame the victim" postings are shocking!
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Intelligence Member

• Like Like x 2
  19. It is absolutely beyond belief that these frauds @ Narconon Arrowhead who use quack LRH science to treat addicts who are desperately in need of medically qualified help placed a young a woman who had suffered an overdose into a room of seclusion and let her die.

If you've ever seen a heroin addict up close after an overdose, you would know immediately that they are in dire need of help, keep them awake any way possible until an ambulance arrives. Narconon does not use traditional treatments, avoids them at all costs and will call an ambulance only as a last resort to avoid a PR flap, that's their twisted fucking priority and it's criminal leading to this horrendous death of 20 year old Stacy Murphy which is on their hands, imho.

There is absolutely no excuse to place her in seclusion. The negligence in this situation is astounding, so bad that this case could possibly be considered to be negligent homicide, imho.

It's so easy to blame the addict and these cowards do it every time. The grip of the addiction is absolutely beyond their control and these fuckers at Scientology and Narconon should know this. All they had to do was call for an ambulance, my anger is only outweighed by my sorrow that this beautiful young girl's family has to deal with.
    • Agree Agree x 8
  20. mongrel Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. patriot75 Member

Will do!!!! I will be in Tulsa all day tomorrow and the next if needed. Hey OSA if I stay the night in Tulsa I dare you to come on by my house, theres a surprise for you.
    • Like Like x 4
  22. JohnnyRUClear Member

Hate me for saying it if you must, but... as a heroin addict, Stacy's behavior was obviously not optimal, and that should be kept in mind when assessing this situation so as not to be arguing from a distorted position.

That said, some of the particular comments on that page are sure smelling KSW to me. Makes me feel like finding a copy of Dianetics to take to the john with me -- and not for reading.
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Etain Member

Can someone please provide the names, of the 5 people who have died at Narconon Arrowhead over the last year (including any court action, etc)? Need to update my journal here. http://the-chanology-papers.deviantart.com/

Which, BTW, has gotten around 400+ views since TomKat split!
    • Like Like x 2
  24. JohnnyRUClear Member

Is it all 5 in 1 year? I thought they spanned a longer time frame.
  25. Etain Member

I've been hearing 5 in the last year.
  26. Anonymous Member

AFAIK, as of the most recent, there have been four fatalities at OH NN in the last year.
  27. Etain Member

Whoa...

A list of deaths at any and every Narconon facility in the last year would be of great help.
  28. Anonymous Member

I've finally decided what's creepiest in that vid. It's the simultaneously giggling platypus puppets. *shudders*
  29. Anonymous Member

this is essential - in a new separate thread so information is there for journalists everywhere.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. Etain Member

How quick can we get something like this together???
  31. Anonymous Member

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Anonymous Member

1. start a thread called Infodump- NARCONON DEATHS
    2. everyone add any information from all countries

keep it as a list rather than a discussion thread
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1

33. Do it, ask people keep it brief and simple. Discussion and opinion is for other threads like this one. Just facts like name, date, place etc.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  34. jensting Member

Well, be that as it may, why is the regulator happy to approve of a facility where a patient with a known propensity for "not optimal" behaviour is thrown in a room and ignored for a few hours? How high is the standard of medical training required of the staff present in the facility and what has the regulator done to verify that the staff meet these requirements?
    I think these statements should appear on Google every time someone searches for narCONon and quality of care. Lets see them use this shpiel to grab $ 30000 from concerned parents.

Best Regards

Jens
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  35. patriot75 Member

4 since 2009, 3 since Oct 2011 that we know of. There are rumors of more, nothing is confirmed on the rumors.
  36. Anonymous Member

^
  37. Intelligence Member

AND far more die soon after they leave - far too many!

http://narcononcanada.com/2012/02/01/narconon-aftercare-relapses/

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  38. Intelligence Member

39. DeathHamster Member

^^ Why is this whore taking credit for something which has nothing to do with the Federal government?

He might as well have spit out automatic letters for people paying off their mortgages and library fines.
    • Agree Agree x 3

40. Heroin Overdose Symptoms

Warning signs of a heroin overdose can be overlooked at first glance, if the observer does not realize that the symptoms of overdose are far more intense and serious than the actual immediate affects of the drug. It is ironic (and very unfortunate) that the overdose symptoms of the drug produce the pain that the user was trying to avoid in the first place by continuing use. “Normal” use of the drug creates many of the same symptoms as overdose. For instance, the user will normally experience a slowing of their breathing, dry mouth, a lowering of their blood pressure, slowing of movement, and dreaminess. Part of the appeal of heroin is the “rush” it creates and then the state of elation or pleasure. In an overdose, however; breathing may become difficult and much slower. There is a weak pulse, not just a low blood pressure. An observer should also notice in an overdose that the tongue becomes discolored and the pupils become very constricted. The fingernails and lips turn blue. �They may have muscle spasms. The person can experience hallucination, disorientation, and sleepiness, or can go into a coma if not treated immediately.

i
    Heroin Overdose Treatment

As a matter of course, an observer who witnesses any overdose should call 911 or a poison control center immediately and should not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a health care professional. Although the obvious solution to avoid overdose on any drug is abstinence from the drug itself, overdose on heroin is not always fatal if the user is caught right away; so a user should not use the drug when alone, in a locked room. He or she should not mix heroin with any other drugs. In addition, buying the drug from the same dealer each time helps prevent discrepancies in purity. The treatment of an overdose involves the use of a drug called Naloxone. It is given intravenously, if possible, and counteracts the effects of overdose almost immediately. It can also be given intramuscular or subcutaneously if necessary. Although the drug in the form of an injection in an emergency kit is provided to heroin addicts in some states, it is best to use in a clinical setting. Sometimes the drug is so effective at reversing the symptoms that the user can go immediately into withdrawal. For this reason, dispersing of the drug should be monitored................................................................................................................

The incompetence of the entire Narconon Arrowhead Staff defies description. If properly monitored, once they found that their 'patient' had suffered a heroin overdose they should have immediately called for an ambulance, monitored her breathing, used cpr and waited for competent personnel to show up.

They never should have placed her in isolation where she died, not realizing how dangerous this is due their monumenatlly flawed training using LRH 'Tech'. The director is attempting to blame the drug culture and the victim herself, Stacy Murphy.

Narconon staff placed Stacy in the WITHDRAWAL UNIT and then didn't monitor her at all for hours, ignored her and when they finally did check on her she was dead. Unreal.

Charges of gross negligence causing the totally unnecessary death of this beautiful young girl should be handed down against the Narconon director and staff involved.

Shut this hellhole down,STAT...........................

Stacy Murphy is being laid to rest as I write this, words can't express my empathy for her family and friends, I am so sorry for your loss........

Rest in Peace, Stacy
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.