Customize

Anonymous Targets Koch Bros with #OpWisconsin

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Anonymous, Feb 26, 2011.

1. grebe Member

I'm kinda guessing the big customers for these different divisions is just the US Federal Government, but I dunno.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Rockyj Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. agent156 Member

lol my old ass uncle, has already spread the release to all his friends with email, and is now working the phones... Granted he was in the SDS... and so were a lot of his friends.

Boycotts are lame, and weak but.... how they spread

Edit: before you ask http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Students_for_a_Democratic_Society
  4. Anonymous Member

Are we sticking our hornets into a kochs nest?
    • Like Like x 6
  5. Rockyj Member

This is the type of shit that gets put out there by Koch supporters & people trying to split us apart! This is a class war not a party war! This is exactly what Beck, Rush, O'Reily, Hannity, Palin & Faux News are paid to say! Watch more of this BS will come out, including on CNN & yes your hear some this shit on MSNBC. Obama is so "center" he would be considered a Republican only a few years ago!
    The GOP has gone so far right because of Koch Brothers & Tea Party, most old time Republicans don't recognize their own party! That's because the real issue is & has always been a war on the middle class!
    "Huxley’s dystopia is coming into existence with precious few even noticing."
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Anonymous Member

i am interested in your ideas and wish to subscribe to this newletter
  7. Mitsu Too Member

You know what is interesting is that except for one minor counter protest a few days ago there isn't much action on the pro Walker front. Where are all the teabaggers anyway? I don't think Walker ever expected this kind of reaction but the little fucker is as arrogant as they come. He is a Reagan wannabe and going to bust the unions is his ticket to the history books or so he hopes. He may become know as the shortest serving governor in Wisconsin at this rate. I sure hope that the Koch connection starts coming out full force.
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Anonymous Member

I eagerly await revelations and am poised to disseminate any such information that might be uncovered.
  9. LocalSP Member

^^^This^^^
  10. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 5
  11. LocalSP Member

• Like Like x 2
  12. Anonymous Member

13. Rockyj Member

Interesting read which includes current protests in Wisconsin. I agree with the majority of it! I'm sure others here won't but again that's what cool about WWP its okay to agree to disagree.
    Here all along I really thought it was about the lultz!

A few paragraphs down:
    Long read but wanted include these paragraphs here:

http://newsjunkiepost.com/2011/02/27/the-global-movement-many-uprisings-fighting-for-the-same-cause/
    Another good read but will just leave link here:
    http://newsjunkiepost.com/2011/02/06/the-disastrous-legacy-of-ronald-reagan-in-charts/
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Rockyj Member

Very tragic indeed someone should report it!
  15. LocalSP Member

I'm afraid you'll have to do it, I'm just in too much shock.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

This is not a rights issue. They have a right to assemble and picket their rights are not being violated. They don't have the right to be paid any certain amount to perform a part time job, for nine months a year. They do have a right to seek other employment if they are unhappy with their current job. I am getting really tired of teachers being considered ordained saints secular society.
  17. Anonymous Member

Americans for Prosperity website is back up. That didn't last very long....
  18. Anonymous Member

You see. without unions (or enough union jobs that non-union jobs have to pay a similar amount to get decent workers), quitting is the only option workers have when they are unhappy with a job. Corporations have all the power, lawyers, paid for politicians, etc... No single worker can go against that. And quitting as the only option is not going to happen in this economy, so corporations know they can screw the workers and get away with it. Well, I am not for that. Not sure why YOU are.
    • Like Like x 2
  19. adhocrat Member

You do understand the incestuous relationship between government and unions, yes? This is a travesty of the rights of all Americans. The teacher's stats in Wisconsin are horrible. They aren't doing their job very well. So, while they are screaming about their rights, I wonder about the rights of the parents and children, who have little to no say in the matter, and who are not getting a quality education. So who protects their rights?
  20. LocalSP Member

Just checked:

503 Service Unavailable

No server is available to handle this request.
  21. Anonymous Member

Why not? They put up with your bratty punkass kids more than you do. Or maybe they are putting up with you.
    • Like Like x 2
  22. Anonymous Member

I await your dox that back up your claim.
    Thanks in advance.
  23. Anonymous Member

Making the teacher's job less attractive by taking away their rights for sure won't help improving the quality of education either.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. adhocrat Member

how about some serious competition? That would certainly benefit the kids, who are the alleged beneficiaries of all this spending.
  25. Anonymous Member

Competition in what form? More public schools?
  26. Anonymous Member

Do you know how bad Kool Aid is for you?
    Next time, try orange juice-fresh squeezed.
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Anonymous Member

This op is far more important in a way,then the actual reasons for the protests.
    This is about large corporate entities manipulating the political process for there own ends.
    Basically the teaparty has become a rent a mob for the likes of the kochs brothers.
    • Like Like x 2
  28. adhocrat Member

Uh, can you imagine that you might be the one buying into the Big Lie. Government is not your friend. And the role of the Democrats with Big Labor is the analogous relationship of the GOP with the Big Business.
    Neither group has your interests at heart.
  29. Anonymous Member

"Government not your friend" is only true if government is corrupt.
  30. Anonymous Member

]
    Um. Governments and Unions have always been adversaries. There are some politicians who support them and who receive campaign contributions just like some politicians receive contributions from the anti-union Chamber of Commerce (which believes that the way to American prosperity is to cut wages and benefits and worker and environmental safety regulations).

And explain to me how cutting teacher salaries protects the rights of kids and parents. And if you think the schools are so bad, why don't you do the libertarian thing and pay your own tuition? Oh, you can't afford it? Why is that? Not making enough money? Then just tell your employer to pay you moar and see how that goes.
  31. Kilia Member

Me too..darn it!
  32. Anonymous Member

A drop in sales at one factory causes a surge in sales in another factory. one lay off, the other hire. Hitting corporations in their pocketbook is the ultimate strategy. Less sales, less profits mean drop in share value, which makes unhappy shareholders. Less capital means less capital to spread around funding amoral politicians who would like to see a universal declaration of corporation rights supersede the universal declaration of human rights. For people like the Kochs, it's tragedy, because they are not happy making decent profits, they want to own the world, you included. Granted, a boycott would be a long term thing though, if there is a boycott, it needs to be consistent, and to be consistent, consistently advertized, consistently drilled in the popular culture, not buying Koch product needs to become a way of life, in which case I can see it working.
  33. Anonymous Member

The state of Wisconsin is not a Corporation, and the teachers are not acting like single workers they are an organized minority that is trying to enforce their will on those the citizens have given a mandate. The picketers feel the public should unilaterally be contributing to their pensions, and feel they are above paying a small % of their medical coverage like the rest of us.

[QUOTE, the Wisconsin assembly passed Governor Scott Walker’s (R) budget repair bill, which includes language requiring public employees to contribute 5.8 percent of their salaries to cover the cost of their pensions and pay 12 percent of their health insurance premiums.][/QUOTE]
    Their demands will require that non government workers assume their burden while they share equally in roads and other services creating an uneven payment system in government. They are not more entitled than any other citizen. Meanwhile they are not going to work, and it is costing the state and its citizens millions of dollars in double pay for not only their paychecks but the paychecks for the substitutes they need to hire to keep schools and other agencies running.
  34. Anonymous Member

The real "tragedy" would be to have leaked email ala HB Gary...
  35. Anonymous Member

If Walker follows the usual game plan, he'll send in the National Guard. NG will look at peaceful protesters, shrug, and unless someone is stupid, just watch over things. Then Walker and friends will send in private thugs to stir up violence.

Maybe Koch Bros should reserve a jet for him in a week or two.
  36. and this his why american teens can not point out their country on a globe
    • Like Like x 1
  37. LocalSP Member

You have forgotten to mention that the union works agreed to those concessions but Walker will not except that until the unions are gone.
    • Like Like x 2
  38. MeatPuppet Member

Err. this is BS from the Governor. Currently, out of every dollar that is put into the Pension fund, 100 cents comes out of the union employees salary. No taxpayer funds go into the pension fund. Read that again. Pension funding comes 100 percent out of deferred wages and not from any special looting of the taxpayers pocket.

In addition, the union has agreed that we are living in an economy where everyone must tighten their belts and they have agreed to a pay cut and to an increase in their health care co-pay. This entire issue is not about costs as the governor would like you to believe, it is all about giving corporations more power and regular folks less. I personally hate unions, but in this case, they are the victims.
    • Like Like x 4
  39. Anonymous Member

You forget to mention that in Wisconsin teachers are forced to join the union. If you are among those ITT concerned about the rights of workers maybe you should look their first as a large percentage of Wisconsin workers are forced into contributing to a system that lobbies for policy against their wishes. But considering that was your only comment I assume you don't care about the bankrupting of government and the entitlements, and just choose to turn a blind eye when it comes to matters of personal choice.
  40. LocalSP Member

Maybe you ought to read the post above yours.