Customize

Anonymous stifles clearwater businesses?

Discussion in 'Media' started by Alive, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Consensus Member

Re: Anonymous stifles clearwater businesses?

Sounds like the council members appreciate the shitstorm we'd raise if they violate the law, and that we're *actually* capable of backing them up if scientology attempts to intimidate them.
  2. Plups Member

This is very good news. Clearwater, remember to thank your councillors.
  3. simpleton Member

wonder if this will help them get it threw their skullz the times have changed, two tries in their mecca and two fails this isnt the LMT bitchs you wont get us that easy
  4. Re: Anonymous stifles clearwater businesses?

Seems like a few people upthread jumped to a very wrong conclusion about this guy. Figuring out how that happened would be a good idea, so that it doesn't happen again. We don't need to make friends into enemies unnecessarily.
  5. Re: Anonymous stifles clearwater businesses?

LOL, just don't give some OG a heart attack M'kay? :)
  6. Consensus Member

Haha, my first thought was 'you gotta be shitting me.'
    Then 'I bet it's a rickroll.'
    Then 'Oh, I hope it isn't, that'll piss me off.'
    Then 'No, I hope it is, 'cause if it's real, it'll REALLY piss me off.'
    Then 'Then again, it'll never fly, and winning a court battle would get us press.'
    Then 'Tinyurl? No, it's a rickroll. Gotta be. But I just *have* to click for sure.'
  7. AnonMSW Member

I'm pretty sure this is because comments don't post directly. When I commented and tried to point them to this thread identifying the signatories to the petition, all I got was a "Thank you for your comment, it's been sent to the editorial staff."
  8. incog712 Member

9. Evilfender Member

The Starbucks thing a few pages back got me thinking...

If you find a franchised business (Like a Mcdonlads or Dominos) that has a "No Anonymous" sign, report it to their corporate office. I'm sure they would love to hear about their wonderful brand discriminating against free speech.
  10. jewgoldz Member

11. Re: Anonymous stifles clearwater businesses?

I have been working on a project with help from another person.

We're both ex-scientologists and have filled in a lot of what you E/Os were trying to get. It's posted on a website Scientology in Clearwater, click on "Project: to identify the businesses".

You'll be surprised at the data. I have even identified some of the signatures that were illegible.

This took almost 12 hours to compile and we're not done yet. We could use more photos of the actual buildings themselves. Please send photos via the website Scientology in Clearwater.
  12. Delta Member

Likewise, if such a business is under attack by $cienos for refusing to put out a sign, also report it to the corporate office. I'm sure they'd like to hear that a "religion" is purposefully causing them to lose money.
  13. ladybug2 Member

quote: "You're entitled to free speech," said Cournoyer, a 26-year-old church member, "but we're trying to make a living and it can affect the people who work here. Plus it's an eyesore. They look punkish."

LOL?>>> shall we call the fashion police?
  14. its.an0nym0us Member

Dear Downtown Business Owners:

It has come to the attention of shopaholic overpaid youth that you are all very frumpy, outdated, and unhip. In the future, please sex it up a little, or we will be forced to shop elsewhere.

Sincerely,
    Upper-middle-class 16-24 yr old females
  15. DeathHamster Member

Trans: "We're going to lie, cheat, whine, kick, scream and hold our breath until you say we won!"

Hey lady, this is Calvin Ball extreme with jungle rules.
  16. its.an0nym0us Member

And not the Junior Edition either.
  17. D... Member

Oh shi-

guyz, we look punkish! We are doing it all rong, I guess we have to stop now until we change our wardrobe.
  18. A_nonchalant Member

19. its.an0nym0us Member

SUITS, DRESSES, and LAB COATS IT IS, CLEARWATER.
  20. livefreeordie Member

The first thing would be to send a response letter to the Mayor, City Council and all other Govt. entities outlining the attempts by known Scientologists that signed the petition. This would show their conflict of interest in this case. Also reaffirm ANONYMOUS's sympathy with local business owners and ask for suggestions that would help the businesses and allow the free expression of our rights.

How about offering to spread advertising or add supportive (non-scilon) businesses on the back of fliers to local businesses that support ANONYMOUS. Like on the back of school programs or on the borders??? (Probably a bad idea unless someone wants to liaze with businesses. Also try never to add work to already busy schedule of ANON.)

Consider talking to local business organizations to explain who we are and what we are there for. Deliver fliers to local businesses that explain that they have also become a victim of Scientology and that we are willing to be helpful and reasonable if we can while trying to rid society of the scurge.

Maybe more flash raids and hug raids. Much has been said about varying locations to get more public awareness. It only takes a small group to siege the ORG. BUT there may be better areas nearby to reach more of the public.

OR - fuck um, keep doing same thing and watch non-Sci's get pissed. We do have the right to protest, but we want allies not enemies.

Just some ideas. Always look for the opportunities.
  21. GetTheCans Member

lol.

Long Live Calvinball!

This is still ridiculous. Though from some of the stuff being said here (if any of it is true) the situation is handled. Damned Scilons.
  22. anon4eva Member

23. MomAnon Member

24. XenuLovesU Member

He's been namefagging himself since day one. Hey, if he's comfortable with it... whatever. I do cringe every time I read something like "organizer" or "leader" next to his name though. Not that I wish him ill... but I can imagine a certain group that might. Urm, actually, I can think of two organizations that might take issue with that.
  25. anon4eva Member

St Petersburg, close enough....
  26. anon4eva Member

I found a great article written tonight, on NEWSBLAZE:
    "Did Tommy Davis lie on CNN?"
    Did The Church of Scientology lie on CNN?
    Should prolly post it in breaking news- New thread
    EPIC WIN!
  27. sudopod Member

Makin a list, checkin it twice
    Gonna find out who's naughty or nice
    ANONYMOUS DOES NOT FORGIVE
    ANONYMOUS DOES NOT FORGET
  28. anonEmouser Member

Newsblaze is more of a "post your opinion here!" site than an actual source of "journalism"--actually in the last few weeks they've had duelling scilon/critic posts. Its like watching a forum war in slow motion.
  29. MyNameIs Member

Hello, leaders of Clearwater downtown shops. We are Anonymous.

Over the years, we have been watching you. Your campaigns of misinformation; suppression of dissent; your litigious nature, all of these things have caught our eye. With the leakage of your latest propaganda petition into mainstream circulation, the extent of your malign influence over those who trust you, who call you leader, has been made clear to us. Anonymous has therefore decided that the Cult of Scientology should be destroyed. For the good of your customers, for the good of mankind--and for our own enjoyment--we shall expel you from the Clearwater downtown district and systematically dismantle the Clearwater downtown area in its present form. We acknowledge you as a serious opponent, and we are prepared for a long, long campaign...
  30. Plups Member

You could always vary your protest route to share the love around.
  31. Re: Anonymous stifles clearwater businesses?

I need to get a copy of the protest route to counter-point against a map of the petitioning businesses. Can someone go to this link

210 s ft harrison ave, clearwater fl - Google Maps

which is a google map and draw on it the protest route?

I want to post a route map on this webpage
    Project to identify Scientology businesses in Clearwater FL
  32. Re: Anonymous stifles clearwater businesses?

Not a scilon front group. It's an MLM. The scilons (Malia Schneider in particular, but others included) got wind of this "cool MLM" and started an office in Clearwater. They signed up everyone they could for "easy money"... typical MLM. Neither Malia nor anyone else in the office had a clue about the products World Financial Group was selling. Malia first went on a spree of signing up everyone, then tried to figure out how to get trained in "the stuff" so they could make some money. The company sells securities type stuff -- mutual funds, investment stuff, insurance (the kind that's a sort of savings account), etc. No one had any licenses for it in the beginning. I suspect some of them have some licenses now.

SP Declared people who were on the lines (up lines, down lines, whatever those MLM thingies are) were asked to not come back.
  33. Re: Anonymous stifles clearwater businesses?

Private database found out illegible signature number 20. See posting at link
    Project to identify Scientology businesses in Clearwater FL
    for data and proof.
  34. Plups Member

35. DeathHamster Member

Punk? Is it okay to aim for a goth emo-zombie pirate look instead?
  36. Consensus Member

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/42-e...arwater-business-petition-13834/3/#post255428

Send it out, folks! Every clearwater media outlet should be sent a copy. National media ought to receive it too, though I don't expect them to act on it. This is a fantastic press release, and I'm incredibly proud of the data processing done in this thread, and the writing/editing done by the myriad anons involved.
  37. mojo Member

do any local clearwater anons know any folks at the local CoC? wonder what they have to say.

Clearwater Chamber of Commerce
  38. Re: Anonymous stifles clearwater businesses?

I'm going to re-emphasize Oinkertron's earlier post. This is a fascinating interview from 1983, in which Clearwater's former Mayor, Gabe Cazares, gives a history of Scientology's involvement in that town from 1975 up to that point. It is rather chilling. I urge everyone to watch it (40 minutes). Actually, it's just fine to listen to it playing in another browser window, while you do other things (i.e. you don't need to "watch" it).

Scientology: Gabe Cazares Interview

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.