Customize

Anonymous posting not broked?

Discussion in 'Support Questions' started by Anonymous, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

Anonymous posting not broked?

It's weird...I can post anonymously here (little "Make Post Anonymously" tickbox below my name in the Post New Thread), but I've been unable to post Anonymously elsewhere in the forum.

Wanted to in the Anonymous Documentary thread, and again in another. With both, when the reply box opened, the "Make Post Anonymously" tickbox was conspicuous by it's absence.

Just done a couple of experiments, and it seems to happen if I reply to a thread I've come to via "New Posts", if I reach the same thread from the forum proper, I get the checkbox showing.

What gives?

Cheers.
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: Anonymous posting not broked?

I, too, haven't been able to post anonymously anywhere but here and the dome.

Mods can check ip addresses to confirm I'm not OP.
  3. da5id Administrator

You cannot post anonymously in the Media forum. Everywhere else it is available.
  4. Anonymous Member

Yet there are so many other areas besides Media where I cannot post anonymously.
  5. Anonymous Member

You're right (of course)... :)

OP here, just tried, realised that by unfortunate co-incidence all of my "broked" posts and "test" posts were in Media...

Silly me...
  6. Anonymous Member

broked?

<whimper>
  7. Anon-007 Member

Ya No0b ;)
  8. Anonymous Member

Mods! Please fix/set the Anonymous Posting function to work in the Media section. I sometimes want to post a story that would namefag me and I get tired of creating new socks just to post a story that's relevant... anonymously.
  9. Anonymous Member

Unless you're not the only one having issues with this, may I recommend you post your op in general and ask mods to move it to media. Just a think.