Customize

ANONYMOUS MEETS with WILL SMITH HIMSELF - WS Justifies Study Tech (Result of 9/8 NVA)

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by MarcabEmpress, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clamosaurus Member

Re: ANONYMOUS MEETS with WILL SMITH HIMSELF - WS Justifies Study Tech (Result of 9/8

Oh I see, so theyve taken out senior ethics policy;

"The Purpose of Ethics is TO REMOVE COUNTER INTENTIONS FROM THE ENVIRONMENT. And having accomplished that the purpose becomes TO REMOVE OTHER INTENTIONNESS FROM THE ENVIRONMENT.

Thus progress can be made by all."

and this no longer applies?

Looks like Will used his "ethics" just like elron outlined in HCO POLICY LETTER OF 18 JUNE 1968.

Excuse me whilst I continue on from page 11. Im trying to catch up.
  2. Clamosaurus Member

Re: ANONYMOUS MEETS with WILL SMITH HIMSELF - WS Justifies Study Tech (Result of 9/8

Yes, its all about "exchange"

Money doesnt always equal "echange" in scientoloworld
  3. OSAHase Member

Yes, WS did smth. that is not common for a scientologist. Now does that mean he is not a scieno? Maybe he thought he´d be more effective to just talk with the anons and convince them everything is in order. After all not only his career depends on it, but also his school. All his money can not remove the bad PR we can create.

A School founded by an actor, this is as uneducational as it can get even without mixing it up with Scientology Sci Fi Crap. Why on earth do all these actors think they tend to know more then professionals in the field? TC pretends to know about drugs, WS pretends he knows about all teaching methods just because he has traveled around the world. I guess its because they all have their head up their ass.

So, should you continue to expose this school for what it is? A Scientology training lab for the rich youth? I would say yes. Should you hold WS accountable for it? I say yes, because WS is funding and supporting it. I dont know any Non Scientologist who supports the tech.

Only my 2 cents
  4. meatpopsicle Member

without giving away too much about myself, i am a qualified expert/teacher. i've taught in several countries in levels from elementary (primary) school to undergraduate. :text:

that said, a few more obvious complaints with 'Study Tech':
    1) it does not teach critical thinking. critical thinking is a core part of the curriculum in every school system in which i have worked. 'Study Tech' says to always defer to 'authority' without thinking for one's self. scientific method is related and is also not included in 'Study Tech'.
    2) it ignores context. words are not confined to single definitions in a given dictionary. language is fluid and has a number of contexts; this includes sentence, paragraph (unit), narrative, culture and many others.
    3) it does not recognize learning disabilities. this is also linked to the $cientology hatred of the psychology/psychiatry fields. when someone has a problem with the material, 'Study Tech' states that they have a 'misunderstood'. it does not even consider that the student may have problems that go far beyond simply not knowing definitions (dyslexia, dyspraxia, ADHD, et cetera).

more tomorrow, need sleep. :nini:
  5. iaxiloll Member

^^^^^^^^

After ranting yesterday,Today I will only refer to my statement in this thread.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/7-ge...jada-pinkett-smiths-school-opening-day-28354/
  6. misskittie Member

I agree this was a massive win thanks to the SoCal guys getting literature into WS hands. Regardless of the other achievements, Anon getting information that close to TC, the scieno poster boy should not be underestimated. And yes, whoever said it first, I think that the definition of "difficult conversation" will be when Will brings this up with TC, hopefully with the aid of a web connection and a big dose of reality.

I also think that in the massive bag of shit that is study tech, there probably are tiny glints of gold which can be used to compliment other study methods. I have absolutely no problem with this. My beef? Why use the name study tech and it's accompanying language if you're not paying RTC or any other Sci branch/front group cos you're bastardising their methods into something that isn't study tech? There is no need! A school which employs muslims is not an islamic school, a school which employs Christians is not Christian. A school which employs Scifags walks a close fucking line, a line that that Director dude needs to keep an eye on and if they are bringing too much scifaggory to the classroom, have the brass balls to sack them.

Conclusion: You won a great victory on the battlefield. The war still rages on. A which we will win providing we don't take Will at face value, keep an eye on that shit, and make sure we're not taken for the planks that some people think we are.

TL;DR: What the other 17 pages of thread said!
  7. Clamosaurus Member

Hey, pretty soon they'll have Carol Kingsley at NVA offering the wonders of parenting to parents.
    MaceKIngsley.jpg

Google Wally Hanks, or Mace Kingsley Ranch (little ranch of horrors) and get some history of what 'school" can be like when scientology is involved. Better still, go ask Astra about it or watch her compelling interview on XenuTV about her childhood and school
    http://www.xenutv.com/interviews/astra-1.htm
  8. Unlisted Member

Also, Will Smith likes to talk about Nazis/Hitler. (google return 1 360 000 hits on the search 'will smith hitler' and 552 000 hits on 'will smith nazis')

Much like most scilons.

Hey Will how about you attend a few college/university classes rather than using lame Scientology propaganda? How about you attend those classes so that you can base your arguments on facts in stead of twisted snap, crackle, pop trivia?
  9. Re: ANONYMOUS MEETS with WILL SMITH HIMSELF - WS Justifies Study Tech (Result of 9/8

Great job SoCal!

1. One of Tom Cruise's former personal assistants is a good friend of mine. Due to all the confidentiality requirements he signed, to this day he won't talk about the Scientology stuff except to roll his eyes and say things like "you wouldn't believe". He did, however, emphasize that Tom Cruise was consistently a good employer, and a very good person. His personal magnetism one-on-one is very well known. Enturbulation/Anonymous was founded on making fun of Tom Cruise-I get that. However, please realize that people who personally know him have a very different experience of him. If you're speaking with someone who knows him, you really undermine your arguments by smirking and implying that "we all know he's a nut". You will instantly lose credibility.

2. Will Smith is a very smart, very capable dude. Do not underestimate him. I think EmpressMarcab and the rest took exactly the right tack-personable, reasonable, informed dissent. And to those asking for pix, don't be a knucklehead. We're here to get a job done-stop being a tourist. Great LRH quotes, great websites, although studytech.org has multiple typos on the front page. Who can fix this? Can we get a copy of the fliers you handed out?

3. The question of whether the WS school is licensing Study Tech is completely wrong-headed. Although the Scilons would charge any other organization for use of their garbage, they will undoubtedly let WS borrow/squirrell/whatever it for free. It would be a HUGE marketing advantage for them, and the value of that far outweighs any paltry sum they would get from a license fee. C'mon, use your brains. In all future conversations, do not discuss licensing-it's irrelevant. Getting rid of Study Tech should be the one and only goal.

4. It doesn't appear we've made a sufficiently strong case to WS why Study Tech/Applied Scholastics is bad. Meatpopsicle's post is a good start. We need to build on that and document it well for future fliers. We also need to clearly document with graphics and text in future fliers the relationship between Applied Scholastics and Scientology. This is a weakness in our arguments that we need to address. Two approaches are detailed below:

4a. One of Study Tech's flaws is the way it butchers the English language. "Misunderstood" is the past tense of a f#####g transitive verb; it's not a noun. "Gradient", although not commonly used, is a real word unrelated to LRH's BS. There is no such thing as a "gradient scale". Likewise for "mass". You can take the entire Scilon lexicon and apply the "Princess Bride" quote: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means". Scilons twist every word they use; psychs, SPs, wins, clear, enturbulate, the list goes on and on. Are there any ex-Scilons who can clarify how they use the dictionary in conjunction with this goobledygook? I think a good avenue of attack would be to document the way LRH trashes the English language, and then ask parents; is this the guy whose "technology" you want in your kids' classrooms?

4b. A basic explication of the scientific method would be another line of attack. In the real world, experiments are based on "falsifiable statements"-hypotheses that are capable of being disproven. Scientology doesn't make any-just continually asserts its unfounded "truths", such as the working of an e-meter. How do you disprove a thetan? And then, if you disagree with something, go back and "study it" until you're bludgeoned into belief. In fact, the whole Scientology "if it's true to you" bullshit asserts that all experience and reality is subjective. All science is predicated on objective knowledge. Therefore, science and scientology are in direct opposition.

The more I think about it, the more it pisses me off. The pile of lies that is Scientology is such an assault on the human mind. If you want to upend Scientology, all you have to do is teach people to think critically. The damnable part of human nature is that most people are afraid to think critically or aren't very good at it, and will fight tooth and nail to prevent themselves from seeing that weakness.

TL;DR Some new thoughts, not just a rehash. Use your brains and man the harpoons
  10. Unlisted Member

Will you father my firstborn?:flowers:

also :hc:
  11. cambling Member

some of the greatest, if not The Greatest, win that I have heard of.
  12. Re: ANONYMOUS MEETS with WILL SMITH HIMSELF - WS Justifies Study Tech (Result of 9/8

Your source isn't really that credible.

While we're at it, here's a couple links for you.

Will Smith Is Not A Scientologist, Hail Xenu

Usmagazine.com | News - Will Smith: Scientology Wasn't for Me

WILL SMITH - SMITH: 'I'M NOT A SCIENTOLOGIST'

Will Smith's School NOT Scientologist - AOL News

And finally
    Will Smith -- I Am (Not) Scientologist! - TMZ.com

Will Smith: I'm Not A Scientologist

That's what I'd call proof, denying Scientology from his own mouth.

But then again, wether Will says he is or isn't a scientologist, idiots will keep thinking he is a scientologist because they already made up their mind.

That's the sad part about all of this. Will could come out yell on TV Tom Cruise is an idiot, Scientology is for freaks and people would still go ''Will is acting, he's doing it for his own image and career. So at this point people believe what they want to believe AND that's what's fcked up with this world.

I've know Will for over 20 years, followed his career since the early 80's.
    He's a good kid, with a good heart and a good Christian. He spent most of his childhood singing in church with his late grandmother. And if there's one thing Will hates is LYING. Will NEVER lies. If he did, it would've been public in 20 years. And I've followed him all the time. I'm not saying he's smart, I don't think he's so smart. But he's reading and trying to learn and become a smarter person I can respect that.

Here's a song from Will Smith, check out the lyrics:

The name of the song is Ms Holly Roller.

I hate Scientology as much as any other person and Tom Cruise is crazy IMO, but Study Tech makes sense. Not the teachings but the idea. Instead of reading books you get to work on a subject with your hands. A person that's denying Scientology wouldn't teach Study Tech at his own school and make it public. Some guys say he's acting and saying he's not a Scientologt bla bla. If he was acting, he wouldn't have made the Study Tech public at his own school. So saying he's lying is not only false unless you have proof to back up that statement but also very offensive to Will Smith as a person.

Innocent until proven guilty.
    Unless Will Smith comes out and says he is a Scientologist, he's not a Scientologist in my book. And no way in hell is the Fresh Prince a Scientologist. He's too cool and smart for that.
  13. anonymusicz Member

ur doing it wrong. the argument was JADA was a scientologist. I don't think most think Will is yet, and at the most a closet scilon...
  14. Re: ANONYMOUS MEETS with WILL SMITH HIMSELF - WS Justifies Study Tech (Result of 9/8

You're a douche.

How do you associate ''x number of hits on google'' with ''Will Smith likes to talk about nazis'' ? Epic douche.Show me an article where Will mentioned Nazis from his own mouth or mentioned Hitler on more than 1 article ? You can't. So your logic is not only flawed but ignorant and lame.

I'm against Scientology too but some of the members in here really are a bit paranoid as well as ignorant, no offense.
  15. Re: ANONYMOUS MEETS with WILL SMITH HIMSELF - WS Justifies Study Tech (Result of 9/8

There is no reason to use study tech unless you're pushing scientology.

It consistently produces worse results than any other educational philosophy.

Looking up words in a dictionary is not something invented and copyrighted by L.Ron Hubbard.

Study Tech, all other issues aside, is based on the entirely assinine concept that understanding the meanings of words means one will understand the concept being expressed with those words. This is something Hubbard ripped off from P.D. Ouspensky, but took out of context.

It's not productive to tell a child that any failure to understand study material is the result of poor vocabulary. It's not education.

Now Will probably does not consider himself a Scientologist. Obviously, he's not OT III. He hasn't been introduced to Scientologies bizarre theology yet, but why won't he say whether or not he has taken any courses?

Why won't he say if he has taken the Oxford Personality Test yet?

Jada does not, in any of your links, make a single denial that she is a Scientologist. Only Will. Please stop trying to relieve yourself down the back of our necks.
  16. Re: ANONYMOUS MEETS with WILL SMITH HIMSELF - WS Justifies Study Tech (Result of 9/8

antiscientology - since these are your first two posts, I have to ask.

Are you an upset fan?

Are you OSA?

I met Will years ago. He was a really nice guy. I think he probably still is.

However, he also doesn't understand what he's gotten himself messed up in.
    What do you actually know about study tech? Have you read the stories at Ex-Scientology Kids ?

Do you understand how many of the kids educated under these theories fail to even achieve a GED, let alone get a diploma or go on to college?
  17. Re: ANONYMOUS MEETS with WILL SMITH HIMSELF - WS Justifies Study Tech (Result of 9/8

There is no legit proof or source that Jada is. There's less Scientology news about Jada than there is about Will. At least Will commented on Scientology on a couple occassions, Jada has not, never. There are rumors about them, but that's about it. There was a rumor how Will gave a Scientology basket at one of his movies, workers from the set spoke about it and it was a false rumor. Also rumors with Jada donating money to Scientology, again a rumor. Take it with a grain of salt. According to the media and rumors Will was gay, Hitler lover, bisexual, open marriage and countless of other allegations. All lies.
  18. iaxiloll Member

I have only tried to make one point clear since I started posting in this thread. Will smith planned to meet Anonymous ages ago. The whole false opening date was all part of his plan. When you plan "battle" you first have to know who you are up against. I am so sure that he did his research before he even decided that he had to talk to us. Will Smith decided to talk to us because of Anonymous, not because of SoCal. Will came out to talk because SoCals are cool. No celeb would risk personal injury to make a point. This means that Will knew who he was up against before he decided this whole thing. Yes, he did a lot of research or had it done.
    How can anyone now justify his not knowing all there is to know about Elrun? In my logical thinking mind it is not possible. Dialogue was made to get us off his back period. The question now is who calls the shots from now on? Most times a legitimate meeting is held, pics are taken. It has become human nature.Politicians do it Celebs do it. Even after significant meetings held behind closed doors, a handshake and a smile for the cameras, done deal. From my point of view it has jack to do with autograph hour or any of that bs. If Will has nothing to hide, the fact that he spoke to us should be on record. He was on the pavement for Christ sake.
    My Take ? If this was wrapped up as stated above, Anonymous would have made a Public statement about the school mention the chit chat with pic (blurred SoCals) and we would have kept an eye on them from a distance.The world would sit up, take us moar srsly, and Will would once moar have made his stance clear to the world. We would not have needed further dialogue as much as we do now. Do not get me wrong a neutral witness would have done it as well. I really need someone to make it clear to me why I am wrong about this.
  19. Daywatch Member

you a paid PR guy, or just a doting fan?
  20. An0nYm0use Member

Re: ANONYMOUS MEETS with WILL SMITH

Yes. But explain this instance plz?
  21. Re: ANONYMOUS MEETS with WILL SMITH HIMSELF - WS Justifies Study Tech (Result of 9/8

You know why ?

Because there are no links about Jada saying she is a Scientologist.
    And it's funny that the most credible source people have about it is either a rumor or Fox news which is worse than that. How lame is that.

I'm not looking for relief, just logic. And most of the comments are Fox-worthy, not many logical comments. Though some do make some logical comments hats off to them.
  22. An0nYm0use Member

Following his career and pr routines inst 'knowing' him. fool.
  23. misskittie Member

Not that Wikipedia is a paragon of truth but it's not far off the mark on most things. Up until about 4 hours ago, she was an admitted scientologist on there. Now I am no expert on celebrity either but I would edit my own damn page or have my people do it if I was a celeb. Therefore, 2+2=....
  24. Re: ANONYMOUS MEETS with WILL SMITH HIMSELF - WS Justifies Study Tech (Result of 9/8

Upset fan ? No. I am a huge fan though, for over 20 years.
    I'm just a bit irritated like with the ''Hitler, Gay, open marriage'' rumors.
    I guess he's such a nice guy that the media wants to shred him to pieces. Media loves their ratings and people would eat it up. Like I said, if I wanted to become a Scientologist and it interested me but I was scared of how it would affect my career I would NEVER publicly open a School that teaches a part of Study Tech, because it would get associated with Scientology. Only a very confident, good and true person would do that.

OSA ? Don't know what that is.

Though I really hate Scientology and Tom Cruise, FWIW.

I've met Will 20 years ago and still do. He's a great person and a nice guy, sometimes too nice.

As I said, I'm not a fan of Scientology or Tom and I don't know why Study Tech is associated with Scientology, the theory doesn't belong to them. I don't like ST as a whole, but the idea that kids should learn a practical case before theory is something that's missing in education. You learn books lots of theory and in 20 years you work as a trainee and suddenly you feel like a fish out of water. Instead of learning from books so much most of that time should be preserved for a more hands-on approach.Basic principle which IMO is key to a better education. Will simply took a ''sample'' from that idea to exploit it.

About the scientology kids part. I agree that it's messed up but what has that got to do with Will and his school ? He isn't teaching Scientology. People are making prejudices long before they have facts. People assume a lot of things which often lead to false accusations.

Aside from all of this, good luck with the fight against Scientology.
  25. Robert S Member

Story is getting picked up...
  26. Re: ANONYMOUS MEETS with WILL SMITH HIMSELF - WS Justifies Study Tech (Result of 9/8

A member that has the need to make sense.

Sorry if that's not what you were looking for.
  27. subgenius Member

Actually a very good analysis, especially the end.
  28. Re: ANONYMOUS MEETS with WILL SMITH HIMSELF - WS Justifies Study Tech (Result of 9/8

Sounds to me you need a shrink brotha.

J/K, what you need is someone who is willing to share the same paranoia as you.
  29. Robert S Member

Prejudice is prejudging before having the facts. He is teaching Scientology, and the prejudice may be yours.

“There is no reputable educator anywhere who endorses [study technology]. What happens is that children are inculcated with Scientology jargon and are led to regard L.R. Hubbard as an authority figure. They are laying the groundwork for later bringing people into Scientology.” - David Touretzky
  30. Plups Member

Wow. Just about the whole of the Empress's post is reported. Nice work, Empress.

31. Re: ANONYMOUS MEETS with WILL SMITH HIMSELF - WS Justifies Study Tech (Result of 9/8

Antiscientology, Study Tech (tm) is owned by the Religious Technology Center. It *IS* Scientology. It was created by Hubbard, a man who flunked out of college in under a year and never achieved a degree.

There is nothing usefull in just going through the motions.

Putting the baking soda and vinegar together teaches you nothing about bases and acids reacting unless you've studied the theory, understand?

Study Tech is about NOT teaching underlying theories, about teaching children NOT to think for themselves, about teaching children NOT to ask questions. It is a system created by a madman who promised that one day all men would be his slaves and not know why.

It's "education" straight out of 1984.

What good does it do a kid to build a robot following directions on a package, if they don't actually learn anything about electrical resistance or how to apply mechanical leverage?

Well, it does teach them to obey without question...and obeying without question is all that Study Tech is meant to teach.

You seem to think that people here are calling Will some kind of evil mastermind. Few if any think that. The vast majority of us believe that he's a heck of a nice guy with a very limited education who has been duped.
  32. iaxiloll Member

That might help a bit.
  33. iaxiloll Member

^^^^^Helps a bit.
  34. Clamosaurus Member

Oh, here we go, the "but"

Yes, and hubbard didnt originate "working with mass". Its a simplistic ideology for simpletones and toddlers. Hubbard stole the Montessori method and bastardized it to create his psychopolitics.
    You demionstrate the "fundamentals of thought" in "knowing how to not-know"

Here, get edumacated
    Scientology's Study Technology - Essay -- Dr. David Touretzky and Chris Owen

You surely are going to an extreme amount of trouble and posting to try convince people of many things.
    One of which was Will handing out personality test invites to the crew on set for Hancock being a disproved rumour.

Whenever I see people drop the magic word "but" in as they say they arent a scientologist, dont like scientology, it becomes quickly obvious when a 'handler' is trying to 'align' peoples 'reality'.

Good luck with THAT.

P.S. Reality by way of 'agreement' makes for the flimsiest 'reality'.
    After all, it only takes ONE person to occupy your space to demolish the 'reality' youre trying to 'create' by a failure to 'agree'.

See, you see?
  35. Re: ANONYMOUS MEETS with WILL SMITH HIMSELF - WS Justifies Study Tech (Result of 9/8

Damn, I wonder where Iaxiloll would ever find some people like that...
  36. themadhair Member

GTFO
  37. Re: ANONYMOUS MEETS with WILL SMITH HIMSELF - WS Justifies Study Tech (Result of 9/8

I've met him a couple times also. When you met a person a couple times and talk it's basically partially knowing someone to some degree and getting an idea who he is in real life.

Fool ? I'll take that as a compliment.
  38. Daywatch Member

a member of what?

beginning to notice you
  39. Re: ANONYMOUS MEETS with WILL SMITH HIMSELF - WS Justifies Study Tech (Result of 9/8

Wiki, really ?

Dear god, some of the comments are so insane. I don't really want to offend you miss kittie and I know you mean well, but taking Wiki serious isn't really a smart thing to do, especially when it involves rumors about people's personal preferences. A high profile celebrity won't bother visiting Wiki let alone edit it, if you think they will you really need some fresh air. Any person that wants it can edit Wiki.

This is why education is important.
  40. lanonymous Member

I've been seeing the version of the story where little kids were yelling "We Hate Will Smith!"
    and you all wore masks and funnily enough Gareth Cales was there.

so i searched "We Hate Will Smith!" and found this list. Man sum harpoons and maybe feed them the "Will Smith came out and talked with the protesters" story.

"We hate Will Smith!” - Google Search
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.