Customize

Anonymous: List your skills [organizing]

Discussion in 'Support Questions' started by Kansa and Kemo, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Anonymous: List your skills [organizing]

:)
  2. Re: Anonymous: List your skills [organizing]

I can sing. In the Shower. Horribly.

Take that and eat it.
  3. Anon556 Member

Re: Anonymous: List your skills [organizing]

Java and C++ programmer.

Some skills in 3D animation
  4. Anonymous Member

OP, you are very good at organizing

Perhaps your organization skills would be put to better use under current projects or working on the letters from Gold Base?
  5. Re: Anonymous: List your skills [organizing]

Sorry not sure what you mean in referring to the letters from Gold Base, what needs do to or with them?

Ohhhhhhh had to laugh in you saying about Current projects, I have my eye on that as well as Think Tank and the Resources.
  6. anon2487 Member

I tend to only post anonymously these days, but as the person who started the original thread, I have no problem re-writing the OP. I agree it would be a good idea for the thread to be stripped of people who've not visited WWP for a long time too, as the purpose was to give everyone a quick and easy way to locate people with specific skills for projects, so currency's important.

Really a directory format would be better, but not sure how easy it'd be to setup and integrate..

Directories and wotnot aside, hopefully a mod'll stop by, and let us know whether they'd be happy to weed the "dead" posts; maybe renaming the thread: "FIND SKILLS/LIST YOUR SKILLS" (or similar) and restickying it in current projects rather than the Think-Tank.

Only a minor detail, but would prefer to have the new OP stripped of my "name" and listed as "Anonymous", as it's in no way "my" thread: just a useful resource for those of us who like to get shit done/or are happy to help out with (good) stuff.

Mods?
  7. anon2487 Member

PS, I reckon only leaving people in the list who've visited in the last week is a bit extreme. But if the mods are happy to re-organize the thread, I don't mind going through it and finding everyone that's visited in the last month say.
  8. Namenlos Member

Good idea though.
  9. da5id Administrator

I think a better idea might be to leave it to just users who have visited sometime since Feb.. people do have personal lives that sometimes pull them away for a few weeks or months at a time, but that doesn't mean they won't be back.

Granted, this is a list of people you can go to for help on a project, so we mostly want it to be active users.. but I think 2 months is pretty reasonable?
  10. Re: Anonymous: List your skills [organizing]

@ anon2487 and da5id, yea ok good points I think and am going though the thread again
  11. anon2487 Member

^^^Cool. Thank you.
  12. LRonAnon Member

<-- Takes lunch money and does not play well with others.
  13. anon2487 Member

Written up a new OP:

But the thread's been closed so can't change it...what's up?
  14. anon2487 Member

Okay cool...thanks for all your effort. :)

It's a shame it loses people's Avatars, but good that it's more current.