Customize

Anonymous Convention DC - Massive Update on p5!!

Discussion in 'Flash Raids' started by Hubbard-Telescope, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Sweeney Member

Re: Anonymous Convention DC - Massive Update on p5!!

Shit, I don't have IRC on this computer and I'm without my laptop all weekend.

NEED MOAR UPDATES!
  2. eclipsael Member

[5:44pm] anon1532_: the protest organizer explained the whole thing to me on the phone
    [5:44pm] anon1532_: the guy came up and asked for fliers, the anon looked down to sort through them and the guy pushed the anon away, qoute "ripped off his mask" then ran off into the crowd
    [5:44pm] anon1532_: they pointed the guy out to the police apparently and the cops aren't doing anything
    [5:44pm] anonmousedk: still assault. but was he a scilon?
    [5:45pm] anon1532_: the clothing description matched a scilon

[5:46pm] anon1532_: and yes they took pictures of the guy
    [5:46pm] Isorn: when he ripped the mask off
    [5:46pm] anon1532_: GOTTA CATCH EM ALL
    [5:46pm] Isorn: did anyone takes pic of the anon
    [5:47pm] anon1532_: they didn't report it to me if they did

\/\/HAW HAW :lrhtalking: :tom:\/\/
  3. numclock Member

[21:44] anon1532_: the guy came up and asked for fliers, the anon looked down to sort through them and the guy pushed the anon away, qoute "ripped off his mask" then ran off into the crowd
    [21:44] anon1532_: they pointed the guy out to the police apparently and the cops aren't doing anything
    [21:44] anon1532_: the clothing description matched a scilon.
    [21:45] anon1532_: and yes they took pictures of the guy

EDIT: Aw, snap. Usurped :(
  4. AnonP1ZZ4 Member

OH SHI- WTF!? (I'M FAILING AT IRC TOO! ALLCAPS!)
  5. anon_david Member

Thanks for posting this for us guys. I wonder why the police didn't do anything.
  6. wazted Member

*coughs * in pocket * coughs*
  7. Randomness Member

Post pix, need "wanted" ads for lawsuit

Lol.
  8. hunterkll Member

ANONYCON STREAM http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dcprotest ! WE ARE HAVING AN ANONYMOUS CONVENTION IN WASHINGTON DC AND WILL START THE GOINGS ON AT 7PM EST ... WE WILL HAVE ARNIE LERMA SPEAKING!
  9. AnonP1ZZ4 Member

YAY!

ACTUALLY, SOMEONE PLUG IN THE DAMN CABLE. WE'RE GETTING SOUND BUT NO VISUAL. ALSO, RECORD WHOLE THING FOR EPIC WIN.

I DON'T CARE HOW YOU DO IT, BUT FIX THE DAMN THING! DAAAAAAMN!
  10. Re: Anonymous Convention DC - Massive Update on p5!!

I can't see it but apparently they're getting crunk right now. :cool:
  11. Ivlesin Member

How many people are there? Someone mentioned 20?

Also, no one got pictures/movie of the guy getting punched?
  12. anonchoir Member

Do we have confirmation of attack yet? Pics, didn't happen, etc.
  13. Anonymous1827 Member

14. SamuelAdams Member

Yeah, I think someone might have been trolling. They would have mentioned more if that was the case.
  15. Re: Anonymous Convention DC - Massive Update on p5!!

You can give up getting any info from the live stream chat....prono...purdee prono:D
  16. FelixF'anon Member

They're still fiddling with the camera, apparently.
  17. Plups Member

The live stream was great guys. Thanks!

For those who missed it, the guy who was "assaulted" explained at the party that someone tried to get his mask off (or perhaps did get it), but there was no harm done to him.
  18. anonchoir Member

Yeah, was watching the Stream. Looks like he was only unmasked for a split second, and they don't think anybdoy got Photos
  19. anonisfinetoo Member

Since we've been kicked out of the Marriott, has anybody bothered to send the Marriott comprehensive information regarding the crimes, deaths, suicides, intimidation, beatings, slave labor, forced abortions, familial disconnections, child abuse, and so on that have taken place within CoS? Maybe we can convince the Marriott not to do business with them in the future. Big business (talking of legitimates like Marriott, not scams like CoS) has a history of taking dollars from shady organizations, but I'm sure there's a line even they won't cross (especially if it makes THEM look bad).
  20. Anoncracy Member

that was fantastic.. does anyone know if their putting the whole thing online for people who came late? Or maybe at least a transcript?
  21. Kilia Member

This would be nice, as I missed alot of it in the beginning. :(
  22. Re: Anonymous Convention DC - Massive Update on p5!!

Here's the news from the con and the protest from this tired little DC anon before I crash for tonight. Sorry I didn't get this up sooner, I wasn't one of the ones with the computer.

The raid at the metro station positioned conveniently right in front of the driveway to the Mariott hotel with all the Scios could not have gone better. We have a turnout of 100+ people who picketed infront of the Mariott and a flier brigade who generated a lot of interest from the locals. For those of you with metro stations in your city, picking a station for a mini-info raid to spread knowledge to the public seems like a great idea. We DID find a brand new PI/Scio we hadn't seen before taking pictures and two other identified Scientologists who filmed us for a long time. They kept circling the block as if we wouldn't notice, lol.

Cops showed up about 1 hour into it. About three police were on scene and we definitely maintained our great relations. I am happy to report that Anonymous was well spoken, polite, and kept all public walkways clear. We also had a random car squeal up to the Mariott hotel, windows down and rickroll blasting to the great lulz of Legion before hightailing it out of there.

As to the assault, one of our Anonymous had an incident where someone tried to remove their mask. No photos of the Anonymous were taken and the mask was not completely removed. We do not have the assault on video, but we do have pictures of whoever did it.

Also, one unexpected and extremely entertaining encounter with Mr. Timothy Earl Gootch of "likes porkchops, alcohol, and boys and doesn't afraid of them bitches" fame. Lulz.

After an epic march through the metro tubes (that actually got a lot of support too), we arrived for some fun party times. Yes, we did have a little bit of techy fail in the beginning, but there was lulzy internet dancing, delicious mudkipz cake (in honor of you and your kitty, Sean!), and an interesting talk by a member of the freezone. Arnie Lerma breezed in late like a hero and stole the show with his open forum to DC and the live feed. I believe all of our videos have been recorded and can be edited for distribution in the next few days.

Also happy to report that Anonymous can TOTALLY rock a pinkie's up fancy high class restaurant and be on their best behavior. Yeah. Suck on that, CoS. We're protesting your party AND eating Grey Poupon.
  23. fluffbomb Member

Well done guys, a great mission completed, may you now sleep and dream of a world without the cult.

Can't wait to see the videos.
  24. Re: Anonymous Convention DC - Massive Update on p5!!

My only worry was if people were having fun since I know livefeed is never as fun as being there. I hope everyone did. For an event that was rushed and the first of its kind, I am crossing my fingers that everyone was satisfied.

Mmm...that sounds like a wonderful dream for tonight, fluffbomb.
  25. Hieronymous Member

So no pics of the assaulter guy? There's gotta be plan man, someone with a camera should be designated to chase em down.
  26. Re: Anonymous Convention DC - Massive Update on p5!!

Someone has pictures of him, just not a video of the actual assault taking place. As soon as we find who has those pictures, we will be uploading them to the interbutts.
  27. Hieronymous Member

I'm curious to know, could the ripping off of someone's mask constitute assault or even battery?
  28. Re: Anonymous Convention DC - Massive Update on p5!!

Battery has been taken off the books in a lot of areas, so I don't know. Physically touching anyone in an aggressive manner is definitely assault. Anyone touching a protester and trying to pull of their mask is breaking the law. :(
  29. TonyMeman Member

In most jurisdictions, even touching a person or anything they're wearing or holding could be considered assault. Of course, generally you have to prove malicious intent.

"Battery" generally means you assault someone with some kind of weapon.
  30. ravenanon Member

It is assault, but you would have to press charges and sign your name on the paper to do so.
  31. anonchoir Member

From what I heard, the cops seemed disinclined to pursue the matter in any case.
  32. AnonP1ZZ4 Member

DO IT FAGGOT
  33. Re: Anonymous Convention DC - Massive Update on p5!!

I'm dying to see pictures, I completely missed the live feed
  34. Hieronymous Member

Well then next time some fucker tries to out an anon while wearing a mask, we should crowd around and not assault them
  35. anonitard Member

Seconding this and requesting youtube links if at all possible. I was home last night but forgot the convention. :(
  36. A_nonchalant Member

I caught the tail end of Lerma's Q&A - can we get a transcript of the whole thing? :D
  37. anon1917 Member

Just got back from DC- overall, I'd judge it a great win.

The epic win of the day: We're getting media exposure, and it's paying off! During the raid, we had people coming by, and saying "Hey- you're "Anonymous!" You Rule!"

The word of our great cause is spreading!

We had first-timers, veterans, and even a few more oldfags joining in- and I've come to the realization: It's not a true raid, until somone accuses me of being a scilon plant. It's happened at every previous raid, and I've finally learned how to take it in good humor.

The Convention was excellent, allthough I skipped out of the rave, to chat with fellow oldfags about activism, and such. I did witness the spectacle of "Party Hard," and found it to be a grand and wonderful scene to behold.

My only regret was not filming more of the inter-rave talks. Hopefully, someone did.

Oh- and I forgot my 'fro at the convention venue, and I left my hat in the taxi, when I headed back to the hotel (a 75$ loss in all.) I'll be calling the taxi co's lost & found, and if a DCanon can find a way to retrieve it, I'll send a 75$ PayPal off to ya'll.

We have awoken...
  38. Hieronymous Member

Where's our muffugin visual confirmation people?
  39. Re: Anonymous Convention DC - Massive Update on p5!!

I'll ask around NJAnon to see if we have it. We picked up quite a lot at the end of the night, lol.

Videos and pictures are being uploaded, it's just slow because...well...we partied a little too hard and now we're all sleepy Anons.

Here's the first one I found on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Mj53IZuhc
  40. AnonP1ZZ4 Member

Nice vid!