Customize

Anonymous Convention DC - Massive Update on p5!!

Discussion in 'Flash Raids' started by Hubbard-Telescope, Mar 5, 2008.

1. flocculent Member

Let's not be unfair. Most of us cherish delusions. Scientologists' delusions are comically nutty, but the delusions of everyday people support evil on a far larger scale.

Lisa McPherson's story got you angry! Here is a quote from the TV show "60 Minutes" that may stir no emotion at all:

If I recall correctly, there was no outcry over this. The millions who watched the show simply accepted that 500,000 child deaths are "worth it," because an authority said so. This isn't any different from a Scientologist who accepts whatever LRH or DM says. Arguably, it's worse, because a half million children died.
  2. Good point

A supporter (but not member) of Anonymous came to the Austin rally and said the next thing we should take on after the destruction of Scientology was the war. For very much the same reasons listed here.

I told her that this would be difficult because we are Legion, we are Everyone, and coming to a consensus to the problem and an appropriate solution would be difficult, for this is a devisive issue for our nation. However, I noted that if Anonymous could come to a resolution that would please all of Anonymous, it would most certainly be a better solution than has been generated in Washington.

Just my $0.02.
  3. anonymous3347 Member

I'm a little confused as to whom you are calling the 2nd craziest religion? Anonymous is definitely not religious in nature, so I must be missing something. Please make it clear?
  4. Daywatch Member

here is $0.23 add that to you $0.02 and go buy a cup of STAY ON TARGET
  5. Zambanon Member

Scientologyst are not "good guys" becouse they didnt joined scientology to help other people, but to help themselfs.
    All recruitment activities of scientology offer things to make yourself better, level up YOUR iq, improve YOUR pesonality, etc.

Scientologyst work for the church to get free sessions of auditing or wathever batshit they think will make them more powerfull.

This is different to most religion activist, wich work freely to help other people, like poors or wathever.

They even offer you at highers level to become omnipotent tru scientology.

So $cientology = the cult of yourself
  6. wow my own cup of stay on target

so, what is the topic? doesn't look like the convention is it right now...
  7. Yeah...........

ANYWAYS, BACK ON TARGET. We will not be denied our party time. Please stay tuned to this channel for updates on Thursday about our schedule and our locations to minimize further CoS fuckery.

THE CON WILL GO ON!
  8. Edt:
    Didn't clock it was cancelled
  9. Anonifus Member

My one issue with that statement is the fact that the only way the scientologists would by riled by anonymous is the fact that we are THERE. As far as I could tell, the entire point of anonycon was to party hard. To be honest, I find that entire post to be letting down the side and I even have the slightest suspicion about you being a scilon plant now. /tinfoilhat.
  10. Anonymous Convention DC Schedule RELEASED

If you need to book a room in this hotel, please contact Hubbard Telescope or SenatorXenu and we'll help with the planning. Convention Location will be released late tomorrow to avoid further CoS fuckery. Party Hard, Anonymous people.

11:00am - 4:00pm
    ANONYCON SETUP (STAFF ONLY)

4:00pm - 6:00pm Protest at the Wardman Park. MEET AT THE WOODLEY PARK/ZOO METRO STOP

6:00-7:00PM Travel for Wardman Park anons to Convention Venue. Convention hotel is very close to Metro and offers a shuttle service.

7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
    Opening Ceremonies

Speakers and videos to be played at Opening Ceremonies TBA. Recap of events that have led up to AnonyCon and tales of Epic Win experienced since the Ides, including the new Anon movie.

8:00 PM - 9:00 PM
    Booth Time/Silly Silent Auction

Anons are reminded that hotel policy prohibits food in the conference room. Eat upstairs in the restaurants. Also, enjoy our wonderful booths including the AnonyMeter, the Cult Reading Room, and a possible visit from the Mudkip Appreciation Society. Bid on cool swag from various local Anons, with the proceeds to benefit Friends of Anonymous, Baltimore. (And pay for AnonyCon lol)

9:00 PM - 10:00 PM
    Why We Fight

Speakers TBA.

10:00 PM - 11:00 PM
    AnonyRave Part 1 (All ages)

11:00 PM - 12:00 AM
    Anonies Award Ceremony and Closing Ceremonies
    Soft Close for those that want to leave before...

12:00-AM - 1:00 AM
    AnonyRave Part 2 (PG-16)
    Broadcast live to internets.

1:00AM --> cleanup
  11. While I can not attend, I am looking forward to this and I hope that it goes wonderfully for you all. Glory to Marcabia!
  12. radboy Member

for the love of Xenu. if I had known about this sooner I could have gotten a 200$ ticket. cheapest right now is 600$. that is what I get for not watching the boards closer.
    any one driving through texas on the way to the Con
    and ...
    why do you need to RSVP?
  13. anonchoir Member

You guys are awesome. Glory unto Marcabia!
  14. We needed RSVPs in our last place since we were restricted by the size of our venue. That is no longer the case. Just show up, raid, rave, and lulz it up, /b/rothers.
  15. Lorelei Member

I think this is a fantastic idea.

(de-rail)

After LULZcon...er...AnonyCon DC, may I suggest:

Booking rooms at DragonCon in Atlanta (usually in August). Masks and revelry are A-OK!

There's also a small convention in Chattanooga, TN each January: ChattaCon. Parties are the raison d'etre this con even exists.

Topics at both include science fiction, how handy is that?

DragonCon is enormous, held in the heart of Downtown Atlanta (Hyatt & Hilton on Peachtree, usually, are jam-packed with con attendees) and gives you a chance to spread the word to a whole herd of new folks. If you book far enough in advance, you can probably even host a panel in one of the conference rooms, but I'd check into that before counting on it.

As a bonus, you don't have to be an ubernerd to enjoy something at D*Con. I've attended a few times, albeit with a Green Room pass, so my experiences are coloured by pleasant memories of hanging out with guests of honor and eating delicious food and free booze, but the average attendee tends to have a blast as well.

Warning: there might be furries at D*Con. :p

Bonus for het male Anon: a skillion girls in skimpy costumes everywhere. SRSly, everywhere.

(re-rail)

Please take scads of pix at AnonyCon for those of us who can't be with you. Sounds like this party will be...dare I say...EPIC?
  16. HubmaN Member

With any luck, in a few months, DEF CON. There'll probably enough grey-hat H4X0rZ to join our cause.
  17. Hieronymous Member

Has anyone heard updates about the girl who was supposedly fired for doing the booking?
  18. I haven't heard anything. I wasn't her contact, so I'll ask around if we found her.

Also....yay for more conventions, we pulled off Operation Weeaboo at a local con and recruited quite a few new people to join us for 3/15. The furries though...lol, I don't think I can quite handle that.
  19. NEED MOAR BOOTHS! If you have an awesome idea involving Longcat, Marcabia, or anything lulzy in general, please head over to anonymousdc.com and sign up for a booth. No fee or anything, lol. Also, any random fun stuff you want to donate to the silent auction is awesome too!
  20. For Immediate Internets-Wide Release:
    Anonycon DC 2008

Hyatt Regency Crystal City
    Regency Ballroom C & D (lower level)
    [/size]
    7PM - Midnight
    Saturday, March 22nd, 2008

2799 Jefferson Davis Highway,
    Arlington, Virginia, USA 22202
    Front Desk: 703 418 1234
    RESERVE YOUR ROOMS NOW

We will be Partying Hard at the Hyatt Regency at Crystal City. This location is 5 blocks from the Crystal City Metro Stop. If you don't feel like walking down city streets with masks en masse, our very own shuttle/partyvan will get Anonymous from the metro stop to the hotel. Brace for Epic, guise.

Convention Schedule

4:00pm - 6:00pm
    Protest at the Wardman Park Marriott and Woodley Park Metro

6:00PM - 7:00PM
    Arrival and Registration
    Travel Time for Anons arriving from Wardman Park to Crystal City. The Hyatt is within walking distance from the Crystal City Metro station. There is a shuttle service that runs every 10 minutes from the Metro exit directly to the front door. There is also a shuttle service that runs from Reagan National Airport for out-of-town Anons.

Proceed directly down the escalators to the event floor. The Ballroom is located behind the end of the escalator. Please approach the registration table at the entrance to Ballrooms A & B to be let inside.

DO NOT BRING OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK. DO NOT BRING OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK. DO NOT BRING OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK. And please don't irritate the hotel staff or other guests; be respectful at all times (at least until you get into the Con)

7:00 PM - 7:30 PM
    Opening Ceremonies Part I
    Guest Speakers and Commencement videos abound.

At this point we split into two tracks:

TRACK 1 -
    7:30PM - 8:00 PM
    Opening Ceremonies Part II
    Recap of events that have led up to AnonyCon and tales of Epic Win experienced since the Ides, including the new Anon movie.

8:00 PM - 9:00 PM
    Booth Time / Silly Silent Auction

Enjoy our wonderful booths including the AnonyMeter, the Cult Reading Room, and a possible visit from the Mudkip Appreciation Society. Bid on cool swag from various local Anons, with the proceeds to benefit Friends of Anonymous, Baltimore. (And help us pay because we're poor lol)

TRACK 2 -
    7:30 PM - 9:00 PM

Dinner and Cake

Join us all the way upstairs in the Chesapeake Grill for dinner and a first crack at our latest, epic cake!
    NOTE:

• Anons wishing to have dinner and cake are strongly encouraged to wear business casual or at least nice street clothes.
    • Appetizers and Entre├ęs are not cheap. Plan to spend about $40. It is, after all, a hotel restaurant, lol.
    • You have to order something in order to get cake. We'd rather not anger the benevolent hotel staff who are reserving us the seating area.

NOTE THE SECOND: If you just want cake but not dinner, the remainder will be re-presented to Anons at a nearby location TBA after the party.

We all reconvene at...
    9:00 PM - 10:00 PM
    Why We Fight
    More Speakers and Epic Video

10:00 PM - 11:00 PM
    AnonyRave Part 1 (All ages)

11:00 PM - 12:00 AM
    Anonies Award Ceremony and Closing Ceremonies
    This is a soft close for those that want to leave before...

12:00-AM - 1:00 AM
    AnonyRave Part 2 (PG-16)
    Broadcast live to internets.

1:00AM --->
    EVERYBODY OUT

Anons who are still awake can join SenatorXenu for a second cake presentation at a nearby location TBA.

Additional information for out-of-towners
    SHUTTLE SERVICE AVAILABLE WITH CHAIR LIFTS
    FROM RONALD REAGAN NATL AIRPORT:
    Courtesy shuttle service to and from airport is available 5:00am-12:00am. Pickup every 20 min at the top of the hour and 20 minutes and 40 minutes past the hour.

For guests in the area who require transportation back to hotel, call the front desk (1-703-418-1234). Look for blue vans with white lettering saying "Hyatt Regency Crystal City".

Call the hotel directly for van pick-up; there is a courtesy phone in baggage claim area.
  21. anonchoir Member

Re: Anonymous Convention DC - Massive Update on p5!!

GOOD LUCK GUYZ
  22. acis Member

lol at anon getting the hyatt and them getting the marriot (not sure how different the hotels are there but in phx the marriot is cheap junk and the hyatt is where the fresh prince would stay). goodluck tomorrow. i'll be partying hard with you on this side of the coast.
  23. Hieronymous Member

Oh GOD YES it begins soon. PICS or...well you know
  24. DarkSim Member

BAAAAWWWWWWWWWW I wish I was in the US now :(
  25. Re: Anonymous Convention DC - Massive Update on p5!!

Might there be a screening of the newly released and not highly acclaimed movie THE PROFIT?

hummm
  26. we are one Member

good luck all you guys, keep it peacful and stay cool.
  27. AnonP1ZZ4 Member

IT'S TODAY GUISE! PARTY HARD! GOOD LUCK! And, above all, keep it peaceful and respectful.
  28. Re: Anonymous Convention DC - Massive Update on p5!!

Fuck yes, Anonymous. IT IS TIME TO ROCK.
  29. Hieronymous Member

fucking east coast knows how to beforeparty, party, and afterparty

UPDATES PLZ
  30. Evie Member

Are there still plans for a live web feed of the con? If so, details please. I'd love to watch the speeches and awards and stuff.
  31. AnonP1ZZ4 Member

Yeah, live feed! And don't forget to record it aswell!

... just had a thought. Wouldn't it be epic if we had a professional, well-done video of the whole event? Liek, that you find with loads of other conventions liek... erm...
  32. amaX Member

have fun!!!!!!!
    live feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed? yes, please!

anonymous rocks d.c.!
  33. Unaware Member

I wish I lived in DC. I hope a lot of people showed up, any news? What is this I hear of a live feed?
  34. Anonagi Member

Good luck, guys! May Xenu and Marcab be with you!
  35. Re: Anonymous Convention DC - Massive Update on p5!!

We need a shop of Longcat breaking Xenu out, L Ron bobing in the volcano, and tacgnol screaming "oh noes, get Tom Cruise"
  36. Randomness Member

=OH SHIT BREAKING NEWS=

Masked anon at DC mini raid punched in face -stop-
    Video not available -stop-
    Pictures hoped for -stop-
    Updates on IRC -stop-

Holy lord raptor jesus.
  37. anon_david Member

WHAT *angryface*
  38. Unlisted Member

What irc channel?
  39. Randomness Member

Apparently info is on #strategy, look for anon1532_

This is all word-of-mouth so it could be internal trolling, I doubt it through