Customize

Anonymous Convention DC - Massive Update on p5!!

Discussion in 'Flash Raids' started by Hubbard-Telescope, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Re: Anonymous Convention DC

God I hope DM turns up at the convention - from all I've heard he has a terrible temper (beatings etc) and with the combined effort of all Anonymous at the DC con he will be rickrolled from dawn to dusk and have over nine thousand pizzas delivered: if that won't set him off... well, it will.
  2. SenatorXenu Member

Re: Anonymous Convention DC

And it will be broadcasted live around the world :guyfawkes:
  3. Anon9000+1 Member

Hey Xenu- think maybe you could get us a VPN connection to the network @ the hotel? Im sure that some sci's will be communicating via email... I mean... erm... Itd be nice to see a quicker live feed :secret:
  4. SenatorXenu Member

Its possible. We haven't seen their network yet, but we've got plenty of time to fool with it.
  5. Annie Omnes Member

I have no clue what a VPN is, but it sounds like something thrilling. What is it?!
  6. Re: Anonymous Convention DC

Virtual Private Network, if my compfaggery doesn't fail me. Looks like we'll be using the hotel's internet!
  7. ANON E MOOSE Member

This whole of smacks of GAR. Hope it goes well.
  8. SenatorXenu Member

A VPN is a encrypted private network set up within a public network. Hopefully the hotel won't notice/care if we set one up. A few staff members do seem sympathetic to the cause. And the scilons aren't exactly model guests.
  9. Little Sister Member

I really hope there are more of these in the future, it was to short-notice for me to make plans, I'm working that whole weekend. :xenu:

I would have been happy to bring a few NY/NJ anons for a road-trip and mayhap pool money together for a room or two.
    I'll cross my fingers for next time.
    Maybe we tri-state anons can plan a weekend down the shore or something :lol:
  10. SenatorXenu Member

11. Re: Anonymous Convention DC

"Something tells us these dudes get down..."
    We sure do love to PARTY HARD!
  12. Re: Anonymous Convention DC

You cheeky sods!

Hope it goes well, what a fantastic plan... I am in awe, I'm just downloading over 9000 internets to present to you all!

:D
  13. Annie Omnes Member

If the carpool's not already full and you're not averse to driving in Park Slope, I am very happy to pool expenses with you. :D
  14. Little Sister Member

If the carpool's not already full and you're not averse to driving in Park Slope, I am very happy to pool expenses with you. :D[/quote:rhtjvs2v]

If I had known about this sooner-I would have set up a carpool in the first place :lol:, I should have stated that I'm working with my mother. She knows about this-mostly because its seems to be all I talk about now-and she made me swear that this won't interfere with my school work or helping her.
    I moved out three years ago. Mothers. What can you do?
    However-I was serious about the shore bit. I'm pretty sure Chanology won't end anytime soon, and what could be better than chilling on the beach at with your Anon family after a hard day of protesting? :mrgreen:
  15. Re: Anonymous Convention DC

Soooo this was not cancelled, yes?
  16. SenatorXenu Member

Cancelled, where did you hear that?
  17. Re: Anonymous Convention DC

Nope, not canceled. Scientologists might want you to THINK its canceled.
  18. ANON E MOOSE Member

was there not an entire topic about this being cancelled. booking guys being fired. hotel refusal. what happened to that?
  19. Re: Anonymous Convention DC

yeah, what happened to that topic? The contact was fired, and it was cancelled because they claimed we intended to disrupt the scilon party...

oh well, if it's still on, that's awesome
  20. Tay Zonday Member

I hope the Scienos picket the Anonycon, that would be such win.
  21. Anonymug Member

Their was a thread temporarilly up with your name saying it was cancelled. Perhaps it was done by a plant with as similar name? "Senator Xenu" or "SenatorXenu_" etc. Eitherway its' gone now.
  22. Crusty Member

That was scitrolling? I'm actually quite impressed by that one - they're getting better - Should change the topic on this thread to include 'Not Cancelled' though - cos I'm sure a bunch of folk think it was.
  23. SweatyJon Member

Glad that was just a troll. Have fun!
  24. Captain-chan Member

Folks lining up outside just to GET DOWN. I have two friends now that are going, rock out!
  25. ANON E MOOSE Member

IT WAS A TROLL???

impressive.

I would definately change the title to NOT CANCELLED.
  26. Re: Anonymous Convention DC

^^ THIS ^^
  27. SenatorXenu Member

HUGE UPDATE READ NOW

The scilons forced us out of the hotel. They threatened the Marriott and gave them all their propagana. They tore up the contract. THEY EVEN FIRED THE GIRL THAT SET UP THE CON.

Of course, we will not be defeated, and I didn't want this getting out until we already had a new plan, which we now do. We will PROTEST outside the Marriott and send in V raids. Then, we will go to our new location and PARTY. We're still coming up with the cash for the new location, but we should have it out by Monday at the latest.

We will not be stopped

In fact, since we are not in the Marriott we can be even MORE disruptive with the teams we send in the hotel. The rest of us will line the road and metro stop to welcome incoming scilons. (Permit being filed now)

We are also spreading this to the news media. We have already done interviews with multiple reporters, and filed a complaint with Marriott, and the BBB. Spread this like the plague, the negative PR this is creating for them will make it all worth while.

If anything we need people to come more than ever, lets show them that while their lawyers and propaganda may scare Marriott, Anon has no fear.

THE CONVENTION WILL NOT BE STOPPED
  28. Re: Anonymous Convention DC - Massive Update on p5!!

excellent. I knew OSA would not be able to troll like that.
  29. Re: Anonymous Convention DC - Massive Update on p5!!

DC is determined to party hard!
  30. SenatorXenu Member

Re: Anonymous Convention DC - Massive Update on p5!!

Not only are we going to turn this into a PR nightmare, but instead of us just having a party in the same building, they now have a raid on their hands.
  31. AnonP1ZZ4 Member

Scientology convention closed due to rAIDS!
  32. SenatorXenu Member

Were taking a page from Greenpeace and nabbing the metro station as well, then we're covered for local and out of town scilons
  33. SenatorXenu Member

Here's the letter Marriott sent us:

marriott.jpg
  34. ANON E MOOSE Member

They probably pointed them here, hahaha.

Warning to raiding parties. No one goes in without a camera. If a group goes in and there are enough cameras, everyone in the group carry them. If anyone touches a camera, scream assault.

You probably cant enter private function rooms, so check where you can and cant go as a regular visitor.

If the staff ask you to leave, you probably should, given they probably have the right to refuse admission even to public areas.

All you guys wanted to do was eat some fucking cake. :)
  35. SenatorXenu Member

They can't throw us out if we're eating in the restaurants around the hotel lobby minding our own business, or if we rented a room.

But yes, thats why we will be going in waves, one gets thrown out, next one goes in.
  36. anon676 Member

37. Anon1OfLegion Member

38. Anon1OfLegion Member

Bad idea is Bad.
    Going inside the hotel, or on the hotel property doesn't work. You already know that the hotel will end up kicking you out. We really don't have an issue with the Marriot (outside of firing that poor girl). Let's not pick a fight with them & feel sympathy for the Scilons who got one of their own fired.

Peaceful Protests out front of the event on PUBLIC sidewalks are the way to go.
  39. Re: Anonymous Convention DC - Massive Update on p5!!

It's actually perfectly fair that they don't want us there. Just protest outside, then go party somewhere else. Make sure you're there when the scilons arrive though.
  40. Baconator Member

We have to prove that we aren't there to disrupt...that's about it....

Although thats kinda retarded that they don't give us a chance to prove our side of the story.

I for one, will definitely be there now, even though its gonna be a bitch to get there on the 22nd, and back for an 8am class on the 23rd!