Customize

Anonymous attacks tunisian gov. websites

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by Anonymous, Jan 3, 2011.

1. SOJOA Member

Re: Anonymous attacks tunisian gov. websites

Gonna have my buddy take a whack at it again.
  2. Anonymous Member

Appealing to any one nation to help out with Tunisia is bad. The original is awesome because it encourages the Tunisian people who are having all these censorship issues to rise together with the international Anonymous community to get shit done. It simultaneously invites them to the world stage and gives them the national respect they deserve for taking on their government.

If you're going to make one appealing to the people of the United States, it had better be about attacking the government of the US.

(no, I'm not saying you should do that. that would be a REALLY REALLY bad idea)
  3. Anonymous Member

4. Anonymous Member

Btw, I was quite impressed by the lack of the usual journalistic skimming stupidity in the sidebar of the BBC article summarizing what anonymous is. Difficult to do in so few words. Not bad.

5. Anonymous Member

You folks should drop the mindset that ddos is illegal, it is not.

Is it illegal to protest? No, it is not.
    Is it illegal to protest by blocking an entrance? No, it is not.
    Is it illegal to use loud means to attract attention? No, it is not.

That is what ddos is, a digital protest, a mass gathering of netizens on a single website hitting refresh to show their anger.
    This is 100% the same as standing in front of a government building to shut it down for a few hours out of protest.
    Ddos is the same goddamn thing as a normal IRL on the streets protest, only digital.
    It should be protected by our various constitutions.

As long as you, Anonymous, do not exclusively view and discuss it as such our enemy will win and will be able to convince the masses that protesting is somehow wrong.
  6. Anonymous Member

You need to lurk more.
  7. Anonymous Member

Fucking magnets, how do they work?

Denial of service attacks are illegal you retard. Everywhere. The only thing that varies locally is the wording of the offence and level of sentence you get.
    Carry on wanking off on your misinformed moral highground though, but not here. Do let us know how it all works out for you in the poundmeass pen.
  8. Anonymous Member

Yes, because every law is morally sound and all transgressions should be reacted to with assrape.
  9. Anonymous Member

Are DDoS (distributed denial-of-service) attacks against the law? | Naked Security
  10. Anonymous Member

Unfortunately they are not legal in the US or people wouldn't go to jail for it.
    Brian Thomas Mettenbrink – Scientology Website Hacker Confessed
  11. genoramix Member

Anonymous should really do some shit for the Ivory coast Laurent Bagkbo governement. Would be nice me thinks

edit : euhhh against LB, of course. Lack of transparency is serious there, but ok, the UN is already doing stuff
  12. Re: Anonymous attacks tunisian gov. websites

I think ECOWAS already has that one covered. If that fails, the African Union, then the UN. It looks like the dictator's club (AU) is becoming less friendly to dictators. Either that, or they figure Gbagbo is small enough to push around.
  13. Nemesis91 Member

Hello, From Tunisia

==> There is no Law against hackers in Tunisia. The .gov websites are still running from here. Many Tunisians still don't know that you are trying to help, they probably don't even know if you exist. Why ?
    Because all media is blocked. and ever thing is under control.
    To be honest, I'm under a proxy chains to hide my self when i post/say something, but I'm afraid. Our government is cruel and destructive. And it can Fuck ( sorry ) my life.
    You are safe, because you are not Tunisians, Here, if i start talking about Anonymous on the Streets, Hidden cops or how to say ( undercover ) yes ! are everywhere.. so they wait for me to go home, and then no one, know where i am... Torture and etc... :mad:
  14. Anonymous Member

Just so you know, in most places it is illegal to prevent people from entering a building to which they would otherwise have access. You don't just get to unilaterally decide where people can and can't go. Perhaps that's what the Tunisian government has effectively done by blocking wikileaks and perhaps that is wrong (I personally think it is). But the DDoS response is still illegal, just as your real world analogy would be. Like, if you and a bunch of people stood outside a federal building and wouldn't let people enter or leave, the police would show up and force you to leave or arrest you. We can debate the ethics of the DDoS stuff all day but in terms of legality things are relatively clear (at least as far as the simple distinction between illegal and legal goes).
  15. Anonymous Member

you don't have to agree with the law, agreement with the law is an entirely different issue. The issue here is that WWP does not condone illegal activity, and I don't think morality or immorality of the law is an excusable exception, as I don't believe there are any exceptions to that.
  16. Nemesis91 Member

I'm sorry but not just Wikileaks is blocked, Youtube, Dailymotion, Wat.tv, Vimeo and others....... morrrrreeeee
    i mean those websites don't have any relation with political stuff, why blocking them ? :S
  17. Anonymous Member

Don't misunderstand. I'm not condoning the Tunisian government blocking those sites. I'm just pointing out that people shouldn't delude themselves into thinking that DDoS is legal.
  18. Anonymous Member

Don't tell anyone you are a member of anonymous,this includes family.
    Use a proxy at all times,afterwards clear cookies and your internet history.
    Set up or find Facebook Twitter groups with the same goals.
    Never give up personal info on the net.
    Never use your own email.
    The most important thing is your safety.
    Anonymous works on a cell structure,we have no leadership.
    Please keep us informed about the situation there,if it is safe to do so.
    Be patient and be smart.
    You are a brave individual.
    I salute you.
  19. Anonymous Member

20. Anonymous Member

It is sad that after so much blood was spilt freeing Tunisia from the Nazi's in WWII, they ended up with a government just as bad.
  21. Anonymous Member

Maybe once they actually have computers we can help.
  22. Anonymous Member

Translation
    TwitLonger: integral translation of Aljazeera Enjoy cc @blackxanonymous #SidiBouzid #Tunisia #OpTunisia #anonymo
  23. Anonymous Member

^^^thanks for the translation.
  24. Anonymous Member

When the DDOS compromises something important, such as a banking system, it's extremely illegal. However, if it's just taking down a website for a little bit, then it's just mildly inconvenient, but legal action can still be taken against someone with a loose IP who participated. In either case, it's a slippery path to follow.
  25. JohnnyRUClear Member

Yes, it is. I'm not sure how seriously to take it. If taken entirely seriously, this would be not just revolutionary but evolutionary.

The UN? Yeah, there's a real bastion of liberty you should depend on.

Protip: having a vote doesn't guarantee you any control, but if you don't even get a vote, you definitely don't have control. When was the last time you voted on anything UN? Oh, right: never.

Hang in there.

I'd say something better, but I'm just a pampered American.
  26. Howalt Member

27. BLiP Member

From the excellent XKCD . . .

wikileaks.png
  28. xenubarb Member

I know. People who indicate the friendliness of their home governments might forget that there are countries with abusive regimes operating today. You be careful!

Since communication via the media is controlled, it occurs that fliers are really hard to contain as people pass them on. You'd want to be very careful and effectively covert to distribute them in a hostile environment. Such things have brought down grief upon activists in the past. The stakes are very high. Take care! The concept of cells is a good one!
  29. Warhawk57 Member

Why hasnt CNN or any other news outlet cover this story the only thing i have seen was Gawker blogs covering it
  30. Anonymous Member

Because Tunisia is irrelevant to the rest of the world. Sounds cruel, but it's true.
  31. Anontacular Member

32. Anonymous Member

33. Anonymous Member

34. Herro Member

Because the novelty of DDoS attacks wears off extremely fast.
  35. Nemesis91 Member

Hello,
    I was absent a couple of days, even proxy's are bugged now, and i don't like to post or say anything only when I'm under a proxy. Anyway, i wanted to keep you updated. I'd rather speak here not in THE IRC Channel. to say safe
    - A Tunisia rapper has been arrested for Singing about Corrupt government.
    - Undercover cops are everywhere, so people can not discuss political problems now.
    - Military forces has been deployed in many areas of the country.
    ==> There a lot of people that are protesting and fighting right now in many areas of the country, but ... you already know.. real bullets are being used..
    ==> Breaking home every night, and taking the Mans Age between ( 15 - 30 ) and getting Beating up.
    ==> The Thief's and the corrupt family( Trabelsi ) have escaped.. Information still not Confirmed.

PS : i'd like to run in the street and explode, not just me all Tunisians. But, every is afraid. The first Person who Raise his voice/do the next move, will be targeted and Pwned & Sadly there is a lot of Traiters. :mad:
  36. Nemesis91 Member

Thank you, as you said I'm being very careful, Yesterday, i was talking to my best friend (some one that i trust), he is already with Anonymous trying to Help. and a Guy was following us & trying to hear what we are talking about. Thank god, we knew how to escape without showing it.
  37. Nemesis91 Member

Thank you :)
  38. Anonymous Member

TunisiaAnons have more balls than the rest of us put together.
  39. Rockyj Member

Here, Here!
    Please stay safe!
  40. kofc Member