Customize

Anonsparrow's "Protesting Scientology/Lisa McPherson" graphic banner printer source.

Discussion in 'Finished Projects' started by Sponge, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Sponge Member

This is the graphic source in non-lossy TIFF format for the full colour banner that anonsparrow unveiled at his 14th June 2011 comeback protest ....

Here is the download link for the 33"x78" 150dpi RGB TIFF file (36Mb):
    File description: Lisa sign TIFF RGB 150dpi 33x78inches (4949x11699pixels)
    File size: 36.45 MB
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0H6SSX4D

here's the 300dpi version of the TIFF RGB file:
    File description: Lisa sign 300dpi 33x78 inches RGB TIFF (9900x23400pixels)
    File size: 90.6 MB
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WKUKXBON

If you wish to do something on a smaller scale then just use 150dpi version and tell your printerman to scale it down whatever % you want (or scale it yourself if you know what you're doing).

Note that if you have a really old shitty computer then you may not even be able to view the 300dpi version (or it will take a while longer than usual for the image display).

The following is a jpeg PREVIEW image (1024x2420pixels) for web use.
    NOTE THAT I SAID PREVIEW image and NOT FOR LARGE FORMAT PRINTING.....
    http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/778/previewsizeonly.jpg

previewsizeonly.jpg
    • Like Like x 12
  2. Anonymous Member

Awesome Gift, Sponge! Beautiful, Brilliant Poster!

Thank you!!!
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Anonymous Member

WOULDN'T IT BE FANTASTIC TO SEE THESE GO UP OUTSIDE CULT ORGS ALL OVER THE PLACE!
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Anonymous Member

Thanks Sponge.

Beautiful work.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. BigBeard Member

Though graphic, this poster is a perfect response for the $cilons that claim Lisa died from a "blood clot" caused by the fender bender just before she was taken to the hospital, then removed by $cientologist "friends" to be cared for at the Ft. Homocide. No blood clot caused the change from the top picture, close to the way she looked at the time of the accident, to what ended up at the ME's office as shown in the lower picture. That took 17 days of dehydration, malnutrition, and neglect.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 1
  6. THIS IS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!! thank you sponge!
  7. RightOn Member

Sponge you are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good at this sort of thang
    and thanks for all that you do!
    <3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Sponge Member

^thanks RightOn but there are those that have much more talent than I in the photo editing and especially the original design department. It was a pleasure to be asked to help out.

One thing surprised me though (and this is the sorta "funny story" I mentioned in the other thread which I was going to leave for Sparrow to tell but I can't wait)....
    Due to some misunderstanding and vat loads of excitement and enthusiasm the unbelievably efficient banner printer man/woman went ahead with the damn preview pic as the print source and was too late to stop. So the banner you see on the street in the video is actually from that crappy quality (I mean "crappy" by my standards) 1024x2420 lossy jpeg yet it still turned out beautifully. When sparrow first told me I was like "Holy fuck! Nooooooooo! You're joking! Please tell me you're joking!", LOL, because all the things that benefit (like carefully upscaling the low res photos, full resolution edge-feathering/processing, and using vector drawing for pin sharp lettering at the full resolution) were sorta just lost right there. But, when the banner arrived, Sparrow said it still looked fucking awesome (as you can see in the protest vid). Happy ending. Oh how we chortled, yea verily. ;)

(I still do strongly advise not using the preview for large printing. The full size TIFF files are obviously better and colour information is more vibrant. So if you have to downscale for any reason then do it from those tiff files rather than upscale the jpeg).

I have to say that these roll-up banners are ridiculously cheap online considering the good quality you get out of them (and so easy to carry to a protest). It would be great to see signs like this and other hard hitting designs go up outside the orgs.
    The only problem is that they might be a bit of a handful on a windy day right out in the open, in which case you can get one printed on that thicker pvc "canvas" material with eyelets to be attached to a DIY pvc tube section frame "kit" (can't remember which cell uses the frame but that pvc banner with the "whoisdavidmiscavige.com" design that the Halifax guys hold up at their protests is awesome).
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Sponge Member

This is a preview of an idea for a UK &quot;inb4...&quot; version which could be retrofitted with a special accessory....

previewsizeonlyukversio.jpg

Well, not just the UK. I'm sure there are other places that have similar subjective and unpredictable street laws on &quot;offensive&quot; material.
  10. RightOn Member

will prolly make people want to check it out even more
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

I'm working on getting a BIG sign made for the Vancouver, BC protest on July 16th, 2011.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Anonymous Member

It was reported that this Anon was viewing the WWP forum when he suffered a seizure and his brain exploded!

Stop Anonymous WWP abuses!
  13. Sponge Member

Video now available in the full original expensive widescreen executive super de-luxe gold plated version.

Props to Sparrow and RadioPaul for the protest footage.

----

P.S. I was thrilled to see copies of the banner go up in Vancouver: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/post-game-vancouver-vancouver-august-20th-2011.92610/ and in San Francisco http://forums.whyweprotest.net/thre...2011-the-daily-raep.91858/page-3#post-1859061 the latter proving that your don't have to spend a fortune on professional roll-up banner devices to create an impact with it.

Unfortunately other priorities mean that I can't take any requests for other banner designs (or any other projects/requests for that matter) until perhaps after the summer. I'm sure there are others with more talent than I out there anyway.
    • Like Like x 9
  14. Anonymous Member

You always top yourself, sponge.
    delicious stuff as always
  15. Sponge you never fail to deliver you and your spongey goodness!
  16. Im gonna go with the orignal poster. If anti abortion protestors can show picks of dead fetuses why cant we show a pic of lisa mcpherson?
  17. Anonymous Member

Soooo Love it. Oh as to: "Due to some misunderstanding and vat loads of excitement and enthusiasm the unbelievably efficient banner printer man/woman went ahead with the damn preview pic as the print source and was too late to stop" Yeah, I went ahead because I had no idea it was a draft, but your stuff was so good, it worked anyway!

Also, since then, scientology has resumed trying to bad mouth and fairgame me, including trying to do so with forum members and it seems to have worked. u know who you are. I could care less. I do what I can when I can and I have no need or desire for fanning fame and glory, nor do I care about any crap OSA spreads. They are nothing more than worker ants. If I pay them any attention at all, it's only to step on them.

Your work is stellar, Sponge. tks
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Anonymous Member

Bump for this Outstanding Project!!!
  19. Snag Member

I hit the "like" button so hard I broke it..
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Tangerine Member

Agreed! A great contribution, Sponge!

<3 <3 <3!
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Very effective piece of graphic work. Thank you, Sponge.
    • Like Like x 1