Customize

Anon Sparrow - Criminal Trial Scheduled to begin Feb. 22 2011

Discussion in 'Anon Sparrow' started by anonsparrow, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Herro Member

That's all i was saying
  2. All the above said, I wish Sparrow well in court, and I find the Brady issue significant and a positive sign. I'd wager most judges don't like prosecutorial misconduct, which denying defense access to exculpatory evidence would be one form of. This is why those who can should hide their identities IRL and change things up. Not a panacea, but it is a good practice.
  3. Nope. Welcome to bureaucracy and the legal system. This isn't behind the scenes manipulation, this is just how our broken and overburdened system works. :< Nothing nefarious about it except for how much some of these smarmy bastards make a year.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Ann O'Nymous Member

AS' videos tend to prove the opposite (e.g. KB's and underlings' behavior, duration), even the day AS was informed of the complaint.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Abusing the court system is LRH policy, but Sparrow's not cooperating with the cult tactics.

Hang in Sparrow.
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Herro Member

You could get that impression from the video (and personally I think that the charges are total BS), but that's hardly proof of filing a false complaint.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Anonymous Member

In the meantime, let's send Sparrow out on tour.
    • Like Like x 9
  8. Ann O'Nymous Member

I guess you are an as good e-lawyer as anybody else.
  9. Zak McKracken Member

Better than many. He has the "killer instinct".
    • Like Like x 1
  10. AuntAnonymous Member

Reno 911 FTW!

$cilon doing the same old. Delay. Cost you money. Try to intimidate yur lawyer.

ho hum. Boring predictable cult.

So Sparrow, you'll continue to chill, work, do a few roadtrips and will get donations from auctions or whatever when needed.
    Your lawyer will use his critical-thinking wog mind and will persevere.
    Footbullets will accumulate for the criminal cult.
    Another court, another judge will be trained in cult shenanigans.

I'm in concert with Brian Mandigo.
    Moxon eats shit and oozes it.
    That is all.
    • Like Like x 3
  11. tikk Member

Going to trial over a misdemeanor 'attempted stalking' charge is not the least bit routine for any DA's office much less one in a large city with increasingly limited resources, and because of it's unique nature can't be lumped in with typical trials for, say, drug buy and busts, which ADAs can do in their sleep, and to which your observation about a broken and overburdened legal system has some applicability. Many prosecutions wind up on the cutting room floor, so to speak, meaning that the decision to prosecute such a unique (and thin) charge suggests some degree of politics. A decision was made to allocate what limited resources on a single case of 'attempted stalking', which some jurisdictions have expressed may be impossible to legally accomplish. Every ADA (though not in DC) to whom I've explained this situation has expressed astonishment that this is going to trial. And FWIW, ADAs are pretty much the lowest on the attorney salary ladder (to respond to your point about smarmy bastards).

And I'm not suggesting a conspiracy, I'm merely suggesting that Scientology leaned on the DA's office to prosecute and the DA's office is responding instead of doing what it would otherwise likely do if the matter was merely between two private citizens, i.e., not bother at all. It's well within Scientology's rights to contact the DA's office and pressure them to prosecute (and even suggest the precise laws they believe were broken), and I'm sure they're no less relentless to that end than they are in all other aspects of their legal strategy. But the DA's office doesn't have to respond to this pressure.
    • Like Like x 12
  12. 3rdMan Member

From my experience working in the justice system and talking with many who have, what you say is consistent.
    Sense "pressuring a DA" is now on the table. How does one do so if you can elaborate, Tikk?
  13. subgenius Member

Could be time to demand a jury.
  14. subgenius Member

qft
  15. xenubarb Member

It wouldn't be so broken and overburdened if the courts showed a little discernment about what cases they accept. "Attempted stalking? Wearing a mask?" Oh. Come. On!
    • Like Like x 5
  16. tikk Member

There's a good reason bill collectors will call a debtor constantly--it works. I'm not suggesting the relationship is analogous, but a consistent stream of phone calls can pay large dividends.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Zak McKracken Member

Its BOTH.

Start with one broken, overburdened system,
    add a few dozen hundred phone calls, a few pokes in the right pie-hole,
    nothing wild, or forceful, or upsetting or anything like that...
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Anonymous Member

In DC, the DA office is part of the DoJ, and the US Atty is appointed by the PotUS. (http://www.justice.gov/usao/dc/US_Attorney/index.html)
    Of course the the AG is Eric Holder, and a cursory google expedition of Obama and Farrakahn will quickly take you into the misty, smoky realms of the outlands of Mordor......

While I have no "proof", the indicators through this whole travesty of "justice" have indicated that AnonSparrow is being railroaded.....
    • Like Like x 2
  19. BigBeard Member

I'm still curious what the "Brady" business is about, and what the impact will be going forward??

BigBeard
  20. Ann O'Nymous Member

Time to start a new thread with the new trial date ?
    • Like Like x 1
  21. tikk Member

It would depend entirely on what the evidence held back is, and since we don't know there's little to speculate on. It is encouraging to the limited extent that it demonstrates an attentive judge (or defense attorney; it's not clear how the withheld evidence came to light).
    • Like Like x 2
  22. SOJOA Member

Not trying to make light of this situation but I still feel nothing will happen with this case.

Anyway good luck Sparrow. Hold strong bud.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Anonymous Member

Look at their continuous baaawing to police while peaceful protesters are out front.

I'm sure the DA's office would like to tell them to F-Off, and DIAF, but then the phone calls would just move up the system with complaints about the DA's office.
  24. LocalSP Member

It's not like we can't call the District Attorney:

[IMG]

[IMG]
    U.S. Attorney's Office - Main Line 202-514-7566
    U.S. Attorney's Office - TTD Line 202-514-7558
    Victim Witness Assistance 202-514-7130
    Report Illegal Guns 675-ATF-GUNS

Community Prosecution

1D Community Prosecution 202-698-0346
    2D Community Prosecution 202-282-0585
    3D Community Prosecution 202-671-1892
    4D Community Prosecution 202-576-5255
    5D Community Prosecution 202-698-0140
    6D Community Prosecution 202-698-0885
    7D Community Prosecution 202-698-1452

[IMG]
    Correspondence to the Office may be sent to:

United States Attorney's Office
    555 4th Street, NW
    Washington, DC 20530

contact_map.gif

[IMG]
    By Metro

Driving from Northern Virginia on 1-66

Driving from Northern Virginia on 1-395

Driving from Maryland southbound on I-95 / Baltimore-Washington Parkway (B-W Parkway)

[IMG]
    Correspondence may be sent to the U.S. Attorney's Office electronically at: dc.outreach@usdoj.gov

Please be sure to include your full name and address in electronic correspondence to ensure a proper and timely response.

Technical comments about this web site can be e-mailed to the Webmaster at: usadc.webmaster@usdoj.gov
  25. Anonymous Member

I like this idea. have the OP list a timeline and what has transpired in the case so far
  26. I would very much like to know (as I'm sure Sparrow would, too) how it was that 'Brady issues' were noted in the case notes, without it being mentioned in open court.

From Sparrow's post, he knew nothing of this, and left the court with only the understanding that the DA wished somehow to make the charges more serious, by extending the timescale of the alleged 'offences'. Surely this additional material cannot be what the judge is referring to as the Brady issues, since these would, AFAICT, have to be of potential benefit to the defence. How would more evidence of wrongdoing be beneficial to the defence?
  27. Anonymous Member

Unless anyone is directly connected to the case then why would you do that? Do you have some crushing new evidence for him that will help Sparrow's case? Video of Sylvia Stannard gagging on the DA's knob whilst Moxon is fucking him up the ass would be good.
  28. Anonymous Member

As much as I hate to say it... I think Sparrow may have just missed it. As we have been referring to it as "The Brady Issues" I'm sure there is some super legal way of saying what it is. I'm sure if he asked his lawyer when that was brought up he could tell him.
  29. Anonymous Member

My e-lawyer theory:
    The prosecution wishes to offer "more evidence" which may include wrongdoing as well as exculpatory material.
    So the prosecution picked up a shitload of new video evidence, and cherry picked the most incriminating bits.
    They failed to disclose this raw material to the defense (who would have mined this for their own ends) earlier, which they should have done. Possibly they're even now stonewalling on delivery. Possibly CoS accidentally the entire - of exculpatory video coverage, and only kept the cherries.

Sparrow might not have known (yet), if the issue turned up in some dialog between the court and prosecutor. My e-law background doesn't offer any insight there. Sparrow's attorney should be able to give him a better picture.

Whether it makes sense to tell Anonymous about that, yet, is up to them :3
  30. tikk Member

Yeah, that's a common and likely scenario.
    • Like Like x 3
  31. LocalSP Member

Well maybe you could tell them about your displeasure that taxpayer money is being spent prosecuting such a frivolous case and that many people are watching how this case is being handled. But hey that's just me, you can just sit there and do nothing as I'm sure that's what you do best.
  32. Scatman Member

Other than the procedural Brady vs. Maryland violations, has not the DCDA's office and the scientology crime syndicate committed fraud on the court in addition to conspiracy to defraud?
  33. Herro Member

Probably. But good luck proving it.
  34. Smurf Member

Brian's not an attorney. The "Brady issue" would have been a matter handled by his attorney & the court & not necessarily in open court.
  35. AnonLover Member

which perhaps explain why moxon just sat their quietly and showed now signs of his usual jackasshattery
  36. subgenius Member

If we have an eyewitness to the proceedings, please to be blogging us. Or whatever.
  37. Anonymous Member

We do. His name is ANonSparrow.
  38. Anonymous Member

39. Anonymous Member

Plenty has already happened with this case. I believe, as well, that it will be dropped before trial, or the trial will go miserably. However, even if I'm right, Scientology has won. They have caused a corrupt or otherwise compromised prosecutor to prosecute a completely innocent person for nothing. They have forced that person to expend lots of money to defend himself. In the meantime, the cult org in D.C. has been protected from him protesting them, and any other protesters have probably been at least somewhat intimidated by this bullshit.

So even if AS wins, the HubToad tech of "the purpose of the lawsuit is not to win but to harass" has prevailed.

Unfortunately, now, it's not a lawsuit, but these scum are actually stealing taxpayer money to "prosecute" people for imaginary crimes, since they believe it is a "crime" to say anything they disagree with.
    • Like Like x 4
  40. Anonymous Member

Up to this point I didn't think we could get journalists interested since an alleged attempted stalking incident is at best of minor interest. However, with the Lawrence Wright 26-page New Yorker story on Paul Haggis having made a big splash and tikk's raising the issue of Scilon pressure on the DA, I think could interest a few people.

Problem is I would need a write-up on the case and its legal issues. tikk would you be willing to write a backgrounder and post it on your blog?