Customize

Anon Sparrow ASSAULTED

Discussion in 'Anon Sparrow' started by Radio Paul, Jul 16, 2010.

1. grebe Member

Re: Anon Sparrow ASSAULTED

Sparrow may be tough enough to handle such encounters. But I'm a smallish woman who would be frightened for my life if treated in the same manner by two large men.

If the DC police believe that physical intimidation on a public sidewalk is normal behavior, then I'm not going to visit their city.
  2. SOJOA Member

I sent to all news stations and a few other media fag sites. Also called the office of police complaints number. Kept it loose with no info just very general
  3. Anonymous Member

After watching this video it seems clear to me that sparrow was getting upset that two black men were speaking with him. His unease betrays inwardly held racist attitudes. If these gentlemen were white I doubt sparrow would have reacted so strongly. I find it troubling that people here are willing to support such a blatant racist.
  4. SOJOA Member

Please tell me your fucking around.......thats the most retarded thing.....ever.
  5. Sinonymous Member

I've read a lot of "let's fight fire with fire" posts, "Sparrow is bitching...he wasn't hurt" posts and "let's not waste the cops time..." posts. Fuck that.

Reporting this minor assault to the police has more to do with the fact that Scientology is scurrilous and has policies which dictate that declared SPs can and should be "destroyed." Ignoring this act of aggression and allowing it to go unpunished could/will embolden them. This isn't "fighting fire with fire." It's ensuring that such assault isn't later used as an example for any other Scientologist to get away with something more outlandish.

When it is a CO$ policy that an SP can "be tricked, sued, lied to or destroyed," one cannot be careful enough.
  6. SOJOA Member

I find this whole statement incredibly ironic.....considering your picture......which is ying yang, fire with fire, etc.

I get your point but ....insert foot in mouth
  7. Anonymous Member

Ah yes, but then the black guy first pretended to shoot sparrow because he's white...so he is the blatant racist. and also Hate crime!!!! prove me wrong.
  8. Sinonymous Member

It's not a ying yang or "fire on fire" at all. It's a black and white playing card. Insert brain in head next time.

=)

Lulzingness.
  9. RightOn Member

LOL
    funniest post yet
  10. Anonymous Member

We better get Jessie in on this one!
  11. grebe Member

It's understandable the Scientologists might be annoyed by protest demonstrations outside their organization. But so long as the protesters are peaceful, don't block access to the building, and aren't creating excessive noise, they should be allowed to demonstrate.

Protest, letters to the editor, and joining political parties are civilized ways to fight bad ideas or policies. These outlets for anger are necessary in a free society. Without them, people would tend to form mobs that would simply take the law into their own hands.

If I were in the DC Scientologists' shoes, I'd invest in quality double-pane windows. We have them on our house and I can't hear a thing outside when they're all shut.

With good windows, the AnonSparrow problem would be solved!
  12. Smurf Member

First, you assume that the black guys were Scientologists. Where's the evidence of this? Maybe they were visiting the org.

Second, with all the misinformation that the Scilons feed others about the dangerous terrorists that stand out in front of their buildings & protest them, plus the recent squabbles between the black staffer "William" & Sparrow, I'm sure that they tell any visitors or publics that come into the org that Sparrow is a racist.

These two black guys could have responded the way they did after hearing this misinformation. I can't recall how many times that SO staff & guards have "heard" that I'm sleeping with every guy in LA to give them AIDS, that I'm a pedophile, and a murderer based on something they "heard." It goes with the territory.

I was saying the same thing about other critics when I was in OSA.
  13. PresidentShaw Member

So you guys might have a point and this might be considered assault in regards of the law.

That being said, the way sparrow reaction was still waaaaaaaaaaaaay over the top and the way he addressed the officer probably played a big role in how he reacted to the situation.

Put yourself in the shoes of this officer for a second, imagine you know nothing about fair game and scientology, and that you have this calm scientologist showing you her video vs crazy yelling man that looks completely panicked because a man touched his camera.

Just sayin...
  14. Smurf Member

I'd like to see how you'd react after someone just assaulted you... Sparrow's reaction was quite normal.
  15. Anonymous Member

Beautiful trolling, sir. I will now give you the response you want to see:

*ANGRY EMOTIONALLY DRIVEN POST*
  16. PresidentShaw Member

It's an assault in regard of the law only.

The guy simply touched his camera ffs....

I would've stayed calmer than that for sure.
  17. Anonymous Member

1. 2 scientologists came out looking for a fight.
    2. Vicky was already in position with camera.
    3. Vicky had a very good angle of the dogtag grab.
    4. For the officer to say such nonsense about SParrow
    initiating the assault, someone may have provided that officer
    false statements. (SParrow forcing the camera into sci's face?).
    5. there is a possible conspiracy to commit a crime as the
    whole thing; the mock gun shooting, the scilon video at the ready,
    the declare papers, all may have been staged to get SParrow into
    a less than desirable situation... Which he averted beautifully!

PRESS CHARGES AGAINST THE INDIVIDUALS, THE POLICE DEPT, AND THE Co$
  18. manly man Member

Yes.
  19. grebe Member

Well AnonShaw, if I were filming stuff and someone grabbed my camera, I would guess the guy was planning to get the camera out of my hands or disable it so he could do something bad to me without being filmed.

That experience would scare the crap out of me.

Do you often grab the cameras of strangers on the street? Why do you do that? How well does that go over?
  20. anonohio Member

also....he grabbed sparrows dog tags...........around his neck......
  21. Smurf Member

I did it all the time as a Scientologist when encountering SPs. You're trained to be confrontational.
  22. grebe Member

Since we're comparing notes, my momma didn't raise me to grab other people's shit from their hands. All my friends, pretty much the same way.

Some of you, I think, have lived in very different environments from the one I'm used to.
  23. Anonymous Member

Sparrow is not breaking the law. His music and voice don't break any noise ordinance laws and he's abiding by all the other laws set up for protesting. He has a right to be out there every single fucking day if he wants to. If he were breaking the law, the cult would have already found a way to stop him.

They're desperate to stop the protests and nothing has worked. If the cops in your town REWARD the Scilons for bad and/or illegal behavior then your protesting days will always include some sort of minor assault.

If the protests didn't work, the cult wouldn't be so hellbent on stopping them.

Sparrow should file a complaint. He should inform the media. He should always try to have someone with him if at all possible.
  24. Anonymous Member

For what? No crime was committed.

If I were sparrow I'd have pulled my camera away and said don't touch my shit. I then would have offered to stop filming the guy if he agreed to talk to me like a normal person. Then again I'm not out there bullbaiting people like sparrow.

He picked them up to look at them. You make it sound like he was yanking on sparrow's neck.

There's a very big difference between don't touch other people's shit and assault.
  25. ChefXenu Member

^^^^this!

As a person who pickets solo more often than with /b/ackup, I would feel extremely threatened if two unhappy looking men walked out of the org building with eyes on me, one of them "pew-pew"ing at me with his finger gun.

As a solo-raider who views his camera as insurance policy/body-guard, I would feel threatened with possible bodily harm and imminent property damage if those men then surrounded me, with my back to a cast iron fence, and one of them grabbed my camera.

As a veteran who wears his dog-tags every day, I would have no doubt in my mind that bodily harm was immanent if one of those men then grabbed the dog-tags attached to my neck by a strong metal chain (they don't just snap off with a little jerk like in the movies, trying to do that will fuck you up).

EBG is a fucking hero, and his attention may well have saved SParrow from a much more thorough assault and battery.

<tinfoil>I would love to see the SP Declare. If it in any way describes the scene that preceded the handing of the declare to SParrow, it could be evidence of prior intent, conspiracy, etc... especially if it is dated before the incident...</tinfoil>
  26. moarxenu Member

Imagine if the roles were reversed. Vickie would have put sparrow under citizen's arrest and had Sparrow charged with assault.

This has happened four times in San Francisco with phony assault charges on anons who did absolutely no assaults on scilons.
  27. Anonymous Member

So you're justifying crying assault because it's how Scientologists behave? Fascinating.
  28. Anonymous Member

Picked them up from someone's person?
    While touching that same person?

If Sparrow had been startled and jumped back (and injured his neck), you would blame Sparrow because he was the one doing the yanking? (The scilon wasn't yanking- just holding)

:golf clap:
  29. One0fMany Member

Actually, it's not as big as you think. Grabbing the camera on it's own could very well constitute assault. Reporters press charges for this kind of thing.

This is not to even mention that the act of physical intimidation is called Battery. The days of getting up in people's faces were over the moment you were out of high school. Welcome to the civilized world.

But while I do appreciate what SParrow does, I think he's asking for it by protesting alone.
  30. Sponge Member

Oh let's all just roll over and die. You first, in a fire.
  31. Anonymous Member

If you want to stretch the legal definition of assault, then me putting my hand on your shoulder to stop you to ask you a question could be considered assault because of the wording of the law. That doesn't mean that anybody is going to actually consider this assault. And that's because it isn't. Just let it go.
  32. Anonymous Member

You misread.

Scilons claimed assault, when there was no physical contact, or when Scilons initiated that contact, and tried to have anons arrested.

vs.

Anons claiming assault, when Scilons initiated and continued physical contact despite being asked to stop.
  33. Anonymous Member

It was actually battery. "Battery is concerned with the right to have one's body left alone by others." Touching someone against their will, even if no harm comes from the contact, is battery. "Touching the person of someone is defined as including not only contacts with the body, but also with anything closely connected with the body, such as clothing or an item carried in the person's hand. For example, a battery may be committed by intentionally knocking a hat off someone's head or knocking a glass out of some-one's hand."

And if Sparrow wants to continue to protest without being intimidated and having thuggish black men come out and put their hands all over him then he needs to do something about it.

I protest and I don't want Scientologists to think that all they have to do to make me leave is put their hands on me in some way.
  34. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

Lemme tell you something. When something like that happens you're not thinking "oh he's just grabbing my camera, no need to panic", you think "wtf is he doing, what's he gonna do next?".

Sparrow knows the Scilons hate him and there has already been 2 assaults in DC. Also, if the Scilons has the camera view blocked or controlled like that, he can hurt Sparrow without any evidence. Theoretically. You don't think that if - with that in mind - if someone walked up to you and grabbed your camera you'd probably do about the same thing sparrow did? If not, congratulations on being able to control yourself like that. But it's not a normal reaction and I certainly wouldn't blame anyone for doing what sparrow did. He didn't act violent as a response. Loud, yes but that's another thing completely. He didn't baaaw and demand arrestes or anything like that. I really don't see where you're coming from with the whole overreaction thing.
  35. Anonymous Member

Dude. Normal people don't think like that. Nutjobs like you think like that.
  36. Anonymous Member

The Stars of the Show!
    SParrow
    SParrow.png
    Idiot #1
    Idiot1-1.png
    Idiot #2
    Idiot2.png
    EBG
    EBG.png
    Idiot #3
    Idiot3.png

Idiot1.png
  37. Anonymous Member

How do normal people respond when a scary person jumps in their face, and starts grabbing at their belongings and at their body?

Do tell.
  38. Anon99 Member

You don't know how you"l react "for sure" until you're in that position.
  39. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

Yeah normal people probably think moreso like:

"Oh he's coming over grabbing my camera for no reason. Maybe he's gonna give me a cupcake next."
  40. Anonymous Member

1241236706859.jpg