Customize

Anon Sparrow ASSAULTED

Discussion in 'Anon Sparrow' started by Radio Paul, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

re: Anon Sparrow ASSAULTED

Holy. Fucking. Shit. You fucking people. You all need to step back and get a grip on reality. My god, assault? Are you kidding? And those of you talking about escalating violence- are you out of your fucking mind? How is putting your hands on a camera violent? The cop was absolutely right to laugh at anonsparrow for screaming assault. What a fucking pussy. Sparrow comes off as an absolute asshole in this video and looks and sounds like petulant child. OFFICER!!!!!!! What a joke. You stand there trying to provoke people and then freak out when someone gets in your face.

Should the guy have put his hands on the camera? No. Is it assault? Absolutely not. Sure you might be able to stretch the literal interpretation of assault but no sane judge or jury would ever award anything over that. Sparrow is no better than the fucking scientologists that call the police every time somebody says something mean about their religion.

Yes, I mad because you have all completely lost it at this point. Get a fucking grip.

/rage
  2. Anonymous Member

/r/ thread title changed to "someone touches AnonSparrow's camera, AnonSparrow cries like a little bitch."
  3. Anonymous Member

I hope the next time you ask a cop for help he goes 'nope'.
  4. Anonymous Member

5. Anonymous Member

^ fail
  6. Anonymous Member

^ fail
  7. Anonymous Member

No, you get a fucking grip. You are wrong about this, but it's good to know you're a big he-man who doesn't afraid of anything when you solo raid.

Sparrow is right, the posters ITT who agree with him are right, and you are wrong.
  8. Anonymous Member

Here's the thing. Sparrow goes out there, trying to make them angry, trying to provoke a response. Some guy walks up to sparrow and sparrow sticks the camera in his face. Most people don't like that so he grabs the camera. Pretty reasonable reaction honestly. He shouldn't have touched sparrow's property, but can you blame him?

The police officer was absolutely correct. There was no assault here. Sparrow wanted a reaction and he got one. Thankfully that officer didn't listen to sparrow's whiny bullshit. I mean the guy never even put his hands on sparrow and you're all crying assault.
  9. Anonymous Member

^ definite troll
  10. Anonymous Member

Why is that a troll?
  11. Anonymous Member

As is so often the case, at some stage it becomes very difficult to distinguish between simple moronity, and trolling.
  12. Krautfag Member

Dear Sirs,

we here at this place are about fighting the "Church of Scientology". Welcome.

The Anon who produced the featured video has probably created an opportunity to inflict some legal and PR damage on the "Church of Scientology". He has done well.

Now can you please shut up.

Thank you.
  13. Sponge Member

It is assault. That is a fact.
  14. Anonymous Member

Oh, so this isn't about an actual violation of the law? This is about trying to use the law and the police to attack scientology and make them look bad? Isn't that one of the things scientology does that you guys bitch about all the time?

This thread. Let's do a brief recap of some of the awesomeness in this thread. Someone grabs sparrow's camera after sparrow essentially bullbaits him and shoves the camera in his face. OP and Sparrow scream ASSAULT!

Major boyle says that grabbing the camera was a violation of Sparrow's civil rights.

Some other douche actually thinks that a US Congressman would give two shits about this, and then he insinuates that this Congressman owes him favors of some sort.

Another guy thinks that one dickhead grabbing another dickhead's camera might make international news.

I gotta say WWP, just when I think you can't get any worse, you just go the extra mile and take fail to a whole new level. Keep up the good work.
  15. Krautfag Member

I am not douchebaggy enough to bitch when "you guys" do it, but in my book, I use everything I can. I am reckless, I know.

Yes, because the law says so.

Kinda like politics works. Tho I wouldnt be wasting an owed favor for something small like that.

If Anna Nicole can make it, anyone can. Sparrow just needs bigger breast implants.

Thank you. Please touch that wall. Thank you.

Edit: mor_lfag is now wordfiltered to douchebag? I want new mods -.-
  16. PresidentShaw Member

8NXqd.gif
  17. HouseSpiderV3 Member

wow that dude held on to the cam for a long time. that deff qualifies as assault in my book. But then again, I didn't call assault when a scilong did that to ME. Kinda bitchy when you're pretty sure you aren't in any actual danger tho. but then again, I'd totally cry assault to if I had the slightest justification lol. w/e, I wasn't there. get em sparrow!

Edit - just rewatched the vid, I did call assault. nm. cocks
  18. Anonymous Member

you're either a scientologist (lol) or you're a normal person being mistaken for a scientologist on the internet. LOL.

in the case that you are a scientologist (lol), did you get into scientology (lol) in order to try to hurt the feewingz of some people on the big bad interwebz? if that's the case, then you are now declared imminently trollable. congratyoolayshunz.
  19. Fuckeye Member

But not the kind anyone would give a shit about. If it'd been anyone else walking with a camera (as in non-chanology), or anyone other than a Scientologist that grabbed it, no-one would give a flying fuck.

And you shouldn't now either.
  20. Anonymous Member

For myself, I'm not really fucked off about the barely-assault, I'm fucked off about the cop - and the subsequent message the cult will take away from the cop's douchbaggery. If cop had (1) stopped when asked and (2) acknowledged that cultie had been a bit naughty, but really not worth bothering with, all would be well.

Cop's douchbaggery provides edumacational opportunity.
  21. Triumph Member

kind of defeats any argument you may have by "ignoring the elephant in the room with your repeated statements"
    from what most who views the video sees Is a man exiting the building along with his friend.
    the man in question while still on the steps gestures and points with his fingers as if hes holding a gun an firing it. (at 30 yards, that may briefly be mistaken as a real gun)
    the man continues to walk down the sidewalk pretending to fire his imaginary gun.not just casually but repeatedly.
    gestures are a form of communication. (a middle finger for example)
    in the video he is clearly aiming the gesture at sparrow. and continuing to approach closer
    continuing to gesture. at one point he stops points and pretends to rapid fire,again directed at sparrow.
    he is saying something to sparrow at this point ..about engrams.some of its unintelligible..but he says "its acting out"..
    now if its in reference to those gestures..what exactly is he acting out by repeatedly pretending to fire a "finger gun!"

at that point the "man moves very swiftly" his aggression is obvious (nice of you to ignore that as well) he grabs the camera by the lens.
    his partner asks to see th camera.

"don't touch my camera please sir"
    and repeats it several times.

convenient of you to ignore that.

then you in your argument imply Sparrow "essentially bullbaits him and shoves the camera in his face" with that your argument falls flat on its face.

anyone who watched the video can see."never did sparrow shove a camera in the mans face".
    what they did see is a mans refusal to let go of sparrows personal property after repeatedly being asked to do so.

the act of grabbing dog tags ..after that on a chain around sparrows neck

sparrow says do touch me ...and repeats it
    don't touch my camera

what part of "don't touch me" don't you understand

the mans demeanor was threating from the time he walked out the door.pretending to a fire a pretend gun,moving swiftly towards sparrow..grabbing his camera,refusing to let go,grabbing his dog tags..

a witness willing to speak out prevented the man from escalating his "clear intentions of intimidation"

kudos again to the young man on the bicycle.

you go ahead and continue to "beat that dead horse"
  22. Anonymous Member

Yes, me too. The cop should have stayed neutral, instead of accusing Sparrow of "making it seem like assault".
  23. star eht Member

well, since everyone want to go IANAL but... i might as well. and i'll mix toughts about it too.

legally, does this count as assault: yes

in the public eyes, does this count as assault: no

PR wise, is it a good idea to make a scene out of this: no, my rule of thumb is that unless physical injury or destruction/thef of material occured, it shouldn't become a big deal, cops like their status quo. the law is there to serve the public, not the other way around, you may have a point legally with current laws, and still be ethically wrong.

the reaction to being grabbed: almost perfect, in the heat of the moment that was well handled.

the reaction afterwards: not the best, threatening to call the cops, almost trying to escalate things here.

attitude with the cops: overly dramatic, nobody like that, and you can always verify anything the cops claim to be the law later, interupting him and saying you know the laws better is NEVER a good thing to do. but remaining polite at the end was good, and to ask him if this count as assault was good too.

attitude of the cops: unprofessional, i didn't hear about him looking at sparrow's footage, for all we know the girl showed something completely different. his neutrality seem absent

personnal similar experience: at our protest we had a few assaults, no charges were ever pressed because:
    a) giving our anonymity ain't worth it.
    b)nobody was injured yet. not that it would be a good thing.
    c)PR wise we get sympathy got not acting like douche despite being legally acceptable.
    d) the day we get a real assault, we'll have a real bone to hold on, and we'll easily show we do not overdramatise anything, given the evidence of prior assaults.

of course, this is my opinion alone, other anons from my own cell may feel different about the various assaults we faced. expecially the ones involved.
  24. Sponge Member

O rly? So you decide on what is give-a-fuckworthy now?
  25. Legion Member

Re: Anon Sparrow ASSAULTED

congrats on the SP declare! keep up the good work sparrow
  26. Sponge Member

That's the best bit, which we've heard the least about. I wonder why they chose then to do it.
  27. Triumph Member

they slapped that on him pretty quickly.

wear it as a badge of Honor sparrow!

for the Doubting Thomas's lurking go out and try a little experiment

find a police officer.make sure he sees you-.from about 30 yards away point your "finger gun" at him and a pretend to fire at him..make sure you say "pow pow" for added effect and continue to put an "imaginary cap in his ass" while walking towards him

I can predict these two things with certainty

one)you will be face down on the pavement in Handcuffs

two) he will read you your Miranda Warning.

three)I strongly suggest you don't try this.
  28. Radio Paul Member

The bottom line when dealing with the police is keep it simple and direct.

1. Don't ask the officer if the other side did something wrong. Tell them how you feel. Such as, I felt threaten or that the person might punch me. (Only if it is true) If you ask you put yourself in a situation where they think they can talk themselves out of doing paperwork and this leads me to my next point.

2. You can not make a police officer arrest someone, yes you can escalate it to a DA but remember in a criminal case it is not you VS the defendant but the state VS the defendant. You can tell the officer you expect at least they will take a report that you will want a copy of. Officers tend to behave and take more action on your behalf if they know there will be a record of their interaction with you.

3. Keep it on topic. Unless the officer is asking specifically do not give your thought on Scientology or other points of view. The officer has been called about a crime against you and keep it there. Start talking about Xenu or Lisa M and there is a good chance the officer will go (OH BROTHER) in their head. Remember that Lisa M and XENU will not go in the police report and if they did you can only imagine how it might get twisted around. Also if this report is used in court that kind of stuff can only skew the facts of what happened to you on that day.

4. Suggested statement
    A. Officer I have a right to be here and protest and I am adhering to the law.
    B. I have a right to be here with out being threatened with physical violence and with out being accosted or touched against my will. (Shorten for what happen to you)
    C. I want to file a police report, can you do that? If not what is the best way for me to do that?
    B. Can chargers be filed against the person who violated me? ( If not still explain that you will be filing for a copy of a police report)

Once you have a copy of a police report you can scrutinize what is in it and ask for a review of it and that a supplemental report be taken. Also if you have video ask the officer how you can get them a copy of the video for their report before it is finished. The reason you want to do that is so there is a attachment of evidence to the report.

Last KEEP THE REPORTS YOU GET. You might need them one day.
  29. Re: Anon Sparrow ASSAULTED

I don't know what video some of you were watching, but Sparrow was clearly assaulted.

There doesn't have to be injury to be an assault. There doesn't even have to be physical contact. The guy grabbed the camera and was told to let go after miming to shoot Sparrow. There was no "sticking the camera in his face." Even the guy on the bike who had no reason that we know of to biased one way or another saw it as "illegal."

Understand that there is a difference between "assault" and "assault and battery." Also I am quite aware that Sparrow is a huge nuisance to them and that the Scientologists are understandably extremely agitated with him, but I have never seen Sparrow act outside the law and his protest videos are incredibly thorough. There is no reason for the man to have touched Sparrow, and he was clearly trying to intimidate him with the threat of bodily harm and/or property damage.

I'm generally on-board with the crowd that views these kinds of incidents as over-blown over-reactions, but I see absolutely no evidence that this is anything other than what OP claimed it was.
  30. RightOn Member

If the cop wanted top be fair, he should of asked to see Sparrow's video too, since he decided to watch Vicky's. Only fair.
    The cop decided that it was an over reaction, and that Sparrow was "trying" to make a disturbance to get something on Youtube.

Saying that he doubt's anyone would watch it (because it will be boring) more or less proved that he was not taking Sparrow serious and he also didn't care what Sparrow had to say, which started with when he said "nope" when Sparrow NICELY asked to talk to him real quick.
    Cop was wrong. Period.
    Someone needs to take the clip of the guy pretending to shoot Sparrow and post a second video IMO.
    If ANY of that happened to a COS member, we all know what the outcome would have been. And since COS would have pressed charges, I say at the very least, Sparrow should get it on record.

I am disapoint in Vicky too. Of course I have no way of knowing what she actually said to the cop, but her gestures to the cop while talking to him (shrugging shoulders and facial expressions) suggested that she was saying it was no big deal. IMO.
    And although it may have not been such a big deal, she should could have done the right thing and say the guy went up to Sparrow , grabbed his camera, and his dog tags.
    I don't think she got the guy pretending to shoot Sparrow on video either.
    She had a chance to do the right thing, and she didn't. again IMO

And Congrats Sparrow for getting your SP declare!!
    To get it on video was a big bonus!!
  31. Sinonymous Member

Now that SParrow has been declared, this type of abuse will not only be tolerated, it has been sanctioned.

Maybe bringing back-up more often would be a good idea. Good luck and be careful Brian!
  32. Miranda Member

I agree. I also think it's important to make sure the police have a record of Sparrow's complaint, if only so they will have incentive and ability to respond should something more serious happen.
  33. Re: Anon Sparrow ASSAULTED

Regardless of what the cop thought about the incident he should have, first off been a lot more helpful, and he should have offered to let Sparrow file a report and press charges. It isn't up to the cops, as the cop himself said "hold court on the street corner" or whatever.

I'm not worried about "something more serious" to be frank. I really doubt that anything worse will happen. In fact, with the SP declare in hand I'm pretty sure Sparrow will never get to talk directly to a Scientologist again.

edit:

I'm also entirely serious about pooning local media. I can certainly see this video on EYEWITNESS ACTION NEWS. TV stations eat this kind of thing up, and the action against the cop and the guy who assaulted Sparrow is certainly going to come a lot more swiftly if you have CHANNEL 17 INVESTIGATIVE SQUAD behind you.
  34. Major Boyle Member

Agree 100% with pooning the local media. They're trying Grab Camera Tech everywhere. So, make them suffer bad PR as a result. Also, an OT3 recording would be lulzy to play on camera the next time some douchebag scilon comes at you. Or anything else involving L Rons's rants.
  35. Anon99 Member

He absolutely needs to bring back up. I really fear that the Scilons are going to get more and more violent, particularly if this isn't pursued by filing charges.

Was anyone surprised when they first learned of this assault? I wasn't.
  36. theLastAnon Member

This isn't OMGGGG ASSAULT!!!! So some folks here need to calm the down, and the trolls in this thread need to shut the fuck up.

As others noted, while this situation technically constitutes assault, it's not the type of assault that will garner media attention. It also won't garner much sympathy for Sparrow (although he did nothing wrong) from people unfamiliar with the history of his protests against Scientology.

He didn't cry like a bitch though. He did what any reasonable person would do and should do, he asked the police for help. Yelling to get the attention of the police who are across a noisy street shouldn't be so readily categorized as crying like a bitch. His only other alternative to stopping the guy would be to get physical.

It was also reasonable to ask the officer passing by to stop, to inform the officer of what happened and seek information and advice. That interaction could have been better, but it wasn't over the top. Too bad that cop didn't make the effort to be impartial and see Sparrow's video also.

It is important to file a complaint on the officer so that the situation is documented appropriately. Scientology is clearly trying to build a case against Sparrow through orchestrating a series of altercations with him and then spinning the nature of those altercations. That is the bigger picture here, the larger concern.

EDIT: I could be wrong about the media attention, but the situation is hard to understand without context. Just my opinion, of course. Poon away.
  37. Anonymous Member

It was assault, it was minor but the cop shouldn't have sided with the scilons like he did. He needs lessons in keeping neutral.

Poons fired to links in OP.
  38. AnonyVix Member

^^^
    THIS

Wouldn't bother with the media but I'm pooning the Police Chief and the citizen's complaints, though perhaps won't count because I'm in the UK but hey, the world is watching.
  39. Re: Anon Sparrow ASSAULTED

In my opinion it's the police response that will garner the media attention more than the incident. The fact that he was assaulted and a police office refused to help is outrageous enough to show up on the 11:00 news. Sparrow did everything right by what i can tell.

There is no such thing as bad publicity.

EDIT:
    It is worth noting that the video the cop saw could quite possibly have been just a video of the guy's backside with no context.
  40. Legion Member

The whole "Officer can I talk to you for a second" and "No" as a response is pretty damned fucked up. Obvious rookie retard is obvious. Police are there to "Protect and Serve" what an assclown.