Customize

Anon Sparrow ASSAULTED

Discussion in 'Anon Sparrow' started by Radio Paul, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

re: Anon Sparrow ASSAULTED

I hear
    I wonder if bug-eyed dude asked any awkward questions on the other side of those doors after the to-and-fro the other day.

Also, when she says 'parishioners of this church' it totally sounds like 'prisoners of this church' lol.
  2. Anonymous Member

Looks like a serious question to me. Went back through the thread and didn't see shit about ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX local stations.
  3. Anonymous Member

Sparrow needs to press charges, ASAP. It was clearly assault and he has the video evidence to prove it. Not surprising though, the Scilons are only going to get more and more violent.
  4. Nena Oa Member

Please allow me to do a little "word clearing." Legal definitions on Sparrow's youtube video at 0:21 Is an ASSAULT—intentional, unlawful threat (acting out firing a pistol) or offer to cause bodily injury to another by force 0:28 (acting out firing a machine gun). This was followed by an attempt to create a well-founded fear of imminent peril at 0:34 (with motive--the need to act out to be rid of engrams.) An assault can be completed even if there is no actual contact with the plaintiff, and even if the defendant had no actual ability to carry out the apparent threat. 0:44+ is a BATTERY—the willful and intentional touching of a person against that person’s will by another person. An offensive touching can constitute a battery even if it does not cause injury, and could not reasonably be expected to cause injury.
  5. Anonymous Member

Video evidence is crackpot?
  6. Anonymous Member

I agree that Sparrow should press charges.

Even if the police do nothing, at least he will have the incident on record.

Also, here is an excerpt, by a lawyer, from another thread, about a similar situation:

Here is the thread: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/123-leaks-legal/lawyer-answers-your-questions-22170/2/

My take on this is that their body language was threatening. Moreover, they appear to have discussed their intentions while inside the church, because he is making the "gun" gestures almost as soon as he leaves the church.

To me, this looks like deliberate intimidation. By the way, AnaonSparrow handled this very well.
  7. Anonymous Member

Random angry email strongly suggests crackpot.

Random angry email from someone who claims to have video that proves him right is almost guaranteed crackpot.

Like I said before, Paul needs to take his Angry Words, print them on paper and snailmail them to the Police Officers' Office. If printed on a clean piece of paper, its likely to gather more attention than an email would- and more positive attention at that. Whether or not Paul is a crackpot [doubtful], he will get better mileage out of not appearing to be one.
  8. Anonymous Member

I agree with this except this is not a similar situation.

- Ex-Scientologist with his own story
    - 180 plus days protesting (videos)
    - Assaulted on the same day that he is laughed off by local police AND gets his SP declare

- US NATION's capital (or is capitol, or right that's the city) Local news could go international if played up right. Pull out the fact that Scientology had a bunch of pols show up to the opening. Point out Australia and France litigation along with the Chanology monthly protests and shop it around to outside the US news outlets, blah blah blah keep thinking people.
  9. Anonymous Member

Show me the salt shaker. Then we shall talk about being assaulted.

This post is also stupid.
  10. Anonymous Member

I would not press charges: We often see Sci call the cops for nothing, Sparrow himself spoke about that several times on tape (I LOVE these videos and will one day pay my fee ..).

So as long as there was no real biting, beating or shooting involved, I'd only keep that vid in a safe place and pull it out of the box for serious situations as additional evidence. To ensure it will be valid as such, maybe a better thing is to get some police or laywer fag to a statement, that under current law this IS an assault and COULD be prosecuted.
    But Sparrow going to court with that might make Anon look like whining Scis.
  11. HouseSpiderV3 Member

My two cents is that you should go ahead an press charges if you feel like messing with that shit, but don't expect anything epic to come of it.
  12. Anonymous Member

Was anyone asking for advice? I do not think so.
  13. Zak McKracken Member

Huh?
    Who cares what Anon look like?

Spidey, you got told!
  14. WagTheWog Member

1- Sparrow was assaulted.

2- IMO, he should report it in order to put it officially on record.

3- If nothing is done, things will simply escalate.

4- Sparrow, please buddy-up on raids. There has GOT to be other Anons in DC that will raid with sparrow. I know Sparrow raids a lot... so make schedule... take shifts... help the guy out y'all!!

5- Sparrow, please get a locking gas cap ;-)

6- Sparrow, please set-up 24 hour surveillance around your home (fer reals - no joke). You are really making them nervous!
  15. Anonymous Member

You're right.
  16. HouseSpiderV3 Member

As someone's who's experienced fair game attempts and attempted to get scilons (and enablers) v&, just sayin. Asked for or not, advice was given. Take it or not. I rly don't care in the end. i just like sparrow's vids and thought I'd give my xp. ^_^
  17. Anonymous Member

Serious question.

Do you think Fair Game would have been less intense if the fact that you might have to deal with it was more well known?
  18. HouseSpiderV3 Member

wut?
  19. Anonymous Member

Do you think you would have been fucked with more if you kept silent about fair game or not? I'm not familiar with what you went through.
  20. Anonymous Member

You're right.
  21. PresidentShaw Member

I think the officer was kind of right and that anonsparrow might have over reacted a bit there.

Just my 2 cents.
  22. Anonymous Member

I have mixed feelings about this. The cop was exemplary in his actions, yet, he is the one getting blamed.

He did have a nice package, thou.
  23. adhocrat Member

is not worth a plug nickel here
  24. Anonymous Member

I don't recall the officer saying anything about over-reacting? I recall the officer talking a load of shit later on, and initially refusing to stop whilst patrolling when Sparrow asked to have a word. Of course it's fairly trivial in the scheme of things, but where was the over-reaction? A bit of pissed-offedness was quite justified; and that's the only reaction I saw - followed by douchbaggery on the part of the officer, leading to a bit more justifiable pissed-offedness.
  25. EyeOnSci Member

I hope the DC police get a clue via the communications sent to them regarding this incident. In L A a lawyer from the ACLU attended a raid there to watch for just this sort of thing.
  26. Anonymous Member

The officer acting wrong here is of course also true. He obviously took a side by only watching the video made by a CoS person showing by his behaviour afterwards that he made a decision after watching and talking to her.

But pressing charges might only make look the situation like he was right. That's why I say: Keep it. Get an official seal "documented assault" on it and wait. But I'm no lawfag and I'm not Sparrow.
  27. Anonymous Member

Looks to me like simple assault "intent-to-frighten"

Criminal Law: The Elements of Simple Assault in Washington, DC | Koehler Law

28. Smurf Member

I might suggest that Sparrow and/or Paul call Internal Affairs to file complaint against officer and to then push for arrest of the perpetrator. A problem with sending a snail mail letter (which is alot better than an email) is that the police can conveniently misplace or deny they've ever received a letter.

Call IA, speak to a detective, get his/her name & fax number they are at, and fax the letter to them and keep the pressure on them to do something.

Internal Affairs Bureau
    300 Indiana Ave., NW
    Room 5024
    Washington, DC 20001
    Phone: 724-4482
    Fax: 727-3307

Metropolitan Police Department: IAB (Description)
  29. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

Sparrow was never going with the "OMG I was assaulted I PRESS CHARGES NAO!!" thing. He stopped the officer to inform him and consult him.

The Officer didn't say "yeah look it's not a big deal and I don't think you wanna be dragged to court for it" which is a totally reasonable approach, he said Sparrow was shoving the camera up his face wanting to get a reaction.

He said that's what he saw on video. Perhaps Vicky used her OT Powers to alternate reality.

No, but the dog-tag is, so I hope it's alright.
  30. Anonymous Member

Anonymous. Snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.
  31. Anonymous Member

very exactly this. i think this point is worse than grabbing Sparrows camera.
  32. AnonyVix Member

DC cops have this thing about "policing for prevention". In taking sides the way officer 3915 did he basically sanction the behaviour of the church of scientology. As we know with the church of scientology this only encourages them to act more boldly. Clearly not policing for prevention.

Officer 3915 should have said that what happened was indeed a form of assault however only minor yet carrying a potential penalty of $1000 fine and / or 180 days in prison. He should have pointed out that such behaviour is unacceptable and that despite the fact Anonsparrow is protesting they would be best advised to leave him well alone. That's policing for prevention.
  33. chrisanon Member

I completely disagree. I don't think Sparrow over-reacted. A member of a cult with a history of violent assaults grabbed his property and wouldn't let go when repeatedly asked? American law supports a charge of assault, but much more important, this cop needs to seriously review his job duties.

He's a cop, not a psychic, and not a DA. He doesn't know what Sparrow's "fishing for". If he does, he's wasting his time earing 50K a year as a cop when he could make millions as a psychic.

Take the damn report; let the DA decide if charges should be brought. Even if the report's a waste of paper, he's a damn cop and wasting paper is what he does. So do it and don't automatically side with the clean-cut, better dressed authority figure. It's not his job to take sides.

I'd definitely report the assault and I'd report this cop, because anyone stupid enough to say what he said on tape ought to be called in for a little chat with his superiors. Then he can spend a few unpaid hours on a Saturday taking classes to review his role as a neutral enforcer of the law.
  34. Anonymous Member

You're responding to AnonShaw who has a penchant for always playing the devil's advocate here. Don't let him bother you. He's harmless & wears dentures.
  35. Anonymous Member

This^^^^^^
  36. AnonyVix Member

Not exactly exemplary. On the face of it the incident was fairly minor however it is unacceptable behaviour that should be discouraged; I have no doubt that if the same thing happened to an off duty cop there would have been a different reaction.

Officer 3915 was probably correct in saying an arrest was unwarranted however his other comments effectively okayed the behaviour. That was where the officer made a mistake. He should have never implied the behaviour was okay, that only encourages the church of scientology to do more of the same.

What he should have done was to advise those involved that such behaviour could lead to arrest, a fine of up to $1000 and a prison sentence of up to 180 days.

In the absence of those involved he should have told Vicky that and advised her to warn parishioners that such actions towards protesters is unacceptable no matter how much they might dislike being protested. That he doesn't want to keep coming out to such things because their parishioners can't behave properly. Likewise Anonsparrow should have received the usual stay off their property and be nice warning even though that's what he does.
  37. Anonse7en Member

Fuck the cops send the video to the media maybe they might have a different opinion than officer "you stuck the camera in his face."
  38. Anonymous Member

Used the OP links to send in my complaint regarding officer 3915's attitude.
  39. Anonymous Member

because when you watched the video for the first time you knew exactly what was going to come next didn't you? Sparrow failed to look into his crystal ball and see the future.
    The assaulter was told to stop it and he didn't. It looked to me like it was escalating and only stopped by the intervention of someone else.

The question is, does this now set the bar and it become totally ok for scilons to do more of this shit?
  40. Anonymous Member

No, because everyone is going to poon the links in the OP (if they haven't already) and make sure the cops are more aware.