Customize

Anne Archer’s front group Artists for Human Rights snags a Kennedy

Discussion in 'CoS Front Groups' started by The Wrong Guy, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Think comment was deleted maybe cause I used the C word (cult), not sure but trying again!
  2. moarxenu Member

ALERT:

The PalyVoice has announced that Kerry Kennedy will be speaking via phone interview to students at Palo Alto High School, in Palo Alto, CA, Tuesday, April 9, 2013.

The PalyVoice reports that Kerry Kennedy will be addressing "social justice and violence with a focus on gun control" and that she "was invited by social studies teach David Rapaport to speak to students in an interview over the phone."

The PalyVoice, according to the its website is "a 24/7 source for Palo Alto High School news."

Comments may be made at the article on Kennedy's phone interview.

The PalyVoice also has a Facebook page: /www.facebook.com/thepalyvoice

and a Twitter acccount: @thepalyvoice
    • Like Like x 5
  3. moarxenu Member

I am cross-posting this from the thread on the Wikipedia article by Chris Owen on The Hole:

One of the most puzzling decisions made recently is that of human rights advocate Kerry Kennedy to accept an invitation by Scientologists to speak about human rights on May 1 at the invitation of Scientology actress Ann Archer, who founded Artists For Human Rights.

Scientology abuses of human rights have been increasingly exposed in books and the media particularly in the new book by Jenna Miscavige Hill, the niece of Scientology leader David Miscavige, Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape.

Kerry Kennedy is speaking today, Tuesday April 8, to students at Palo Alto High School located just south of San Francisco in the heart of Silicon Valley. The interview will occur during an "Advisory" which takes place around lunch time.

According to an article titled "Kerry Kennedy to address social justice, violence in phone interview" at the online student newspaper The PalyVoice by Phoebe So, Kerry Kennedy will address the students via a telephone interview arranged by social studies teacher David Rapaport, Ed.D.

In October 2012 Rapaport interviewed former news anchor Dan Rather by telephone during a lunch hour meeting for students and teachers.

Kerry Kennedy is being used and manipulated by Scientology actress Ann Archer.

Once Palo Alto High School students have heard her, they will be inclined to consider Ann Archer's Church of Scientology as a legitimate organization when in fact it is a major abuser of human rights.

The Church of Scientology targets students in its recruitment efforts and uses human rights as a come-on through the Scientology front group Youth For Human Rights International under the leadership of longtime Scientologist Mary Shuttleworth

Kerry Kennedy has three choices:

1. She can speak on May 1 at Ann Archer's event as if there is nothing wrong.
    2. She can seize the opportunity in accord with her mantra "Speak Truth To Power" to call Ann Archer and her fellow celebrity Scientologists to accountability for human rights violations in the Church of Scientology.
    3. She can cancel her appearance.

Failure to speak out or cancel will make Kerry Kennedy in effect a fellow traveler of Scientology, damaging her reputation and betraying the legacy of her father Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. in whose honor she founded the Ro0bert F. Kennedy Center for Human Rights.

Kerry Kennedy's appearance at Palo Alto High School is a teachable moment for the students and their advisor Mr. Rapaport, and one hopes. for Ms. Kennedy.

People can use this opportunity to educate Mr. David Rapaport at the address supplied here: drapaport@pausd.org

Comments are open at Phoebe So's article in The PalyVoice.

Comments may also be left at The PalyVoice Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/thepalyvoice

Comments can be made on Twitter at @ThePalyVoice .

Perhaps Mr. Rapaport himself will be moved to Speak Truth To Power and schedule an interview with Jenna Miscavige Hill so that students learn about Scientology Human Rights abuses and protect themselves from becoming involved in Scientology.

The Huffington Post has published an excellent article with a clip from a video interview with Jenna Miscavige Hill by reporter Ahmed Shihab Eldin. (The entire interview may be seen here.)

The Why We Protest thread on Kerry Kennedy's appearance on May 1 at Ann Archer's home may be found here: https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/anne-archer%E2%80%99s-front-group-artists-for-human-rights.110223/page-2#post-2293213
    • Like Like x 6
  4. Anonymous Member

Email sent to Rapaport and other sites harpooned.
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Anonymous Member

Kerry Kennedy could be a "Fellow Traveller" of the "Dupe" variety.
  6. moarxenu Member

I was giving her the benefit of the doubt. A ' "Fellow Traveller" of the "Dupe" variety ' " is technically known as "A Useful Idiot", and the term was thought to have been invented by Lenin.

"In political jargon, useful idiot is a pejorative term for people perceived as propagandists for a cause whose goals they do not understand, and who are used cynically by the leaders of the cause."
    • Like Like x 4
  7. moarxenu Member

WOW! I just came across this post on Facebook addressed to Kerry Kennedy by psychiatrist Dr. Stephen Wiseman in Vancouver.

Dr. Wiseman chaired the first-ever public panel discussion on Scientology and Psychiatry at the annual meeting of the American Psychiatric Association (APA) in May 2011.

Other panelists included: Professor Stephen A. Kent; psychiatrist Lynn Partridge; and Nancy Many.

WWP thread on the meeting is here: https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/apa-convention-in-hawaii-takes-on-scientology.78780/

Dr. Wiseman's message to Kerry Kennedy follows below:

Dear Ms. Kennedy,

I am a psychiatrist in Vancouver, Canada who has tried over the past few years to illustrate and push back against the human rights abuses perpetuated by Scientology. I am very concerned about your apparent committment to Artists for Human Rights, hosted by Ms. Archer...a Scientology front organization hosted by a prominent and influential Scientologist.

By her very position in Scientology, Ms. Archer will have to have accepted at face value the writings and beliefs of L. Ron Hubbard who advocated that "low tone" individuals including the mentally ill, the poor, and the "perverts" (the gay community) be rounded up and placed in camps for the betterment of society.

Please see his book "Science of Survival" for details of this...even the 2007 edition. Ms. Archer and her group will have to, by nature of their belonging to Scientology, endorse this book and defend its hate-mongering author.

The other main issue is that this group has steadfastly attempted to destroy the profession of psychiatry since the mid-50's...most recently through another prominent front/hate group called Citizens' Commission on Human Rights (CCHR).

They advocate people come off psychiatric medications, and campaign against mental health outreach, screening, and community resources especially for the disadvantaged. They trivialize addiction by promoting yet another way into Scientology--Narconon--which affirms that you can detoxify with massive does of vitamin B and hot saunas, and remain sober by submitting to abusive "Training Rundowns" dreamed up by Hubbard decades ago.

They also, prominently, promulgate odious idea that psychiatrists caused the Holocaust--again, co-opting the greatest human-rights catastrophe in history and grotesquely trivializing it for their own benefit.

Please Google my little essay at Dialogue Ireland for more details and images about this. [Ed. - "Steve Wiseman On Scientology's CCHR" Link: http://bit.ly/149xGQx ] I cannot tell you how much your good reputation will suffer in the real world of human rights if you choose to provide legitimacy to this organization--no matter how pleasant Ms. Archer appears personally or how much $ has been cynically donated to your good causes.

I know your life has been touched a great deal by those who have struggled with addiction and mental illness, and I do not believe you would knowingly wish to support an organization dedicated to destroying the delievery system of evidence-based treatment of these conditions to society's most vulnerable citizens.

Thank you.
    • Like Like x 16
  8. Anonymous Member

link to sauce?
  9. moarxenu Member

• Like Like x 3
  10. grebe Member

• Like Like x 4
  11. Kilia Member

Cool beans!!!!!!!
    I sure hope she reads it and takes it to heart!

ps..Sorry, I don't do Facebook.
    • Like Like x 4
  12. moarxenu Member

A hugely important dimension of the Kerry Kennedy Scientology Scandal is, of course, money.

You can bring up the RFK Center's 2011 990 by googling for it using its Employer Identification Number (EIN) 13-2522784 + IRS 990.

Here is how the organization supports itself:

Grants and contributions - 2010: $6,961,161
    Grants and contributions - 2011: $7,795,746

Its gross receipts, i.e. total revenue, for 2011 8,761,675

Kerry Kennedy has to raise at least $9 million every year to keep the organization running.

This raises questions about funding Kerry Kennedy raises from individual Scientologist celebrities and from Scientology front groups.

It is bad enough if Kerry Kennedy is legitimizing Scientology and white-washing its human rights abuses by appearing at Ann Archer's home as a speaker being paid a fee.

It is far, far worse if she is doing so because she does not want to alienate Scientology celebrity donors.

It is difficult to find out information on Scientology donations to Kerry Kennedy's organization. It would probably take an extremely shrewed and persistent investigative reporter to ferret out this information.

There is a parallel between this situation and that of the Simon Wiesenthal Center giving its humanitarian award to Tom Cruise in May 2011.

When that news broke anons manned the harpoons. The rabbis at the Wiesenfail Center stated they had no problem with Scientology, which was undoubtedly because they had received large donations from Tom Cruise and other celebrities.

It was appalling that a Jewish human rights organization would give its award to the very icon of an organization that spent fifteen years terrorizing a Jewish journalist and Holocaust writer who dared expose Scientology abuses - Paulette Cooper.

It was equally appalling to give an award and legitimize an organization that blames Jewish psychiatrists for causing the Holocaust and believes that every single Jewish Holocaust victim is responsible who their own death in accordance with the overt-motivator mechanism.

Tony Ortega published Paulette Cooper's statement of outrage at the award.

But there was only one Jewish organization that spoke up in criticism - Jews For Judaism.

Yoav Sivan at The Jewish Chronicle Online in its article LA anti-cult group criticizes Cruise award writes:

Mr Cruise received the award for his financial support of the centre and its Museum of Tolerance, for which the dinner alone raised $1.4 million.
    But Ruth Guggenheim of Jews for Judaism said the Wiesenthal Centre should "stay away" from figures such as Tom Cruise, who is affiliated with the Scientology organisation.
    "The Wiesenthal Centre should not take money from groups like the Scientologists," said Ms Guggenheim.

God bless Ruth Guggenheim. Unlike Kerry Kennedy (so far) Ruth Guggenheim actually did Speak Truth To Power. Her principle is straightforward and can be invoked in any similar circumstance:

Kerry Kennedy and the Robert F. Kennedy Center For Justice and Human Rights should not take money from groups like the Scientologists.

So let us continue, /b/rothers. We Run This.
    • Like Like x 10
  13. RightOn Member

Wonder how much COS is paying her? Perhaps Archer is pitching in too?
    Well after all, it's not COS's money, but their member's money who pays for everything.
  14. Aurora Member

Kerry Kennedy has removed all the comments about scientology from her failbook page.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. HellRazor Member

Hopefully, this indicates she is embarrased by her connection to Scientology and will take steps to extricate herself from her speaking engagement committment.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Anonymous Member

waiting to see what this means.
    Hoping she will reconsider
    I guess it depends how hard up for money she is?
  17. moarxenu Member

So much for Speak Truth To Power.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Anonymous Member

Let's add moar.
    • Like Like x 3
  19. If Ms. Kennedy goes forward with her planned speech, her organization acts as a proxy front for Scientology. Period.

We should add it to our list of CoS Front Groups and act accordingly.
    • Like Like x 9
  20. Anonymous Member

She was made aware that the function is being held by a Scientology front group. She has been warned by Wiseman and others.
    If she goes through with this presentation, I think she is putting the RFK Center at risk for further ridicule as well as herself. If you play with a cult, you wake up with fail.

Make the right decision KENNEDY!
    • Like Like x 6
  21. If Kennedy doesn't back out of this speech, then personally I will hold the opinion that she's one of those Kennedys with a bad moral compass. If she makes money in the name of her father's reputation then she has the responsibility to do her research before becoming associated with Scientology.

I think of the snafu that happened when the Komen Foundation cut funding from Planned Parenthood, and the resulting problems that ensued. If any of the RFK Center people are reading this thread, I have this link to send to you:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/02/u...o-planned-parenthood.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

and there's this one:

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/...19_1_karen-handel-robin-prothro-susan-g-komen

The Komen Foundation went into credibility-damage-control overdrive after this scandal, which resulted in the resignation of their VP, Karen Handel. Some of us are willing to do the legal research into their funding sources and hold them accountable.

So....to the RFK Center.....just keep it up. Delete the thoughtful FaceBook posts designed to inform you of the Scientology link, and keep up the head-in-sand stance. You will only serve to make us want to poke around more.
    • Like Like x 8
  22. Mr. Magoo Member

I'm happy to say it looks as if most (all?) of the posts and comments are still there on her FB page. They've just been buried and hidden, as FB tends to do. You have to click "see all 12 comments" or some such for them to show up. :)
    • Like Like x 5
  23. moarxenu Member

Thanks, Mr. Magoo

I was looking over the Artists For Human Rights site to see what they actually do. Mostly it seems it's Anne Archer going to cocktail parties at the Venice Biennale and the like.

There is a section on films. It has Paul Haggis' Crash. I am surprised.

Perhaps we should agitate to have her remove it.

Or maybe we should ask Paul Haggis to remove it.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

lovelovelove that she's had to read the facebook comments before deleting them - she can't claim ignorance anymore. This could get very interesting indeed.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. rickybobby Member

Sent emails, received a canned response in reply. Not hopeful.
  26. rickybobby Member

Oh, no, they are coming too fast to moderate! Went today and saw several more (and made a couple). THANKS COTTON MOUTH.
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Do not discount the power of the low-paid, administrative staff non-profit employee. There is power in numbers when it comes to sending critical communications to a non-profit, especially when their existence relies on public good will. The admin staff that are going through the comments and doing filtration have a higher risk of getting thrown under the bus when things blow up in a public fashion. They are paid shit and took the job for the prestige and the "RFK Center" name on their resumes (not to mention the connections). Chances are good that most of them have higher degrees and went through a vetting process based on their own names, background, and "integrity". In other words, they have a vested interest in covering their asses.

The last thing they need is to be fired when they failed to notify their superiors of a problem like the one that will happen when the media catches up to the ratings-grab sound byte involved with Scientology. A Kennedy + Scientology is a media bonanza.

Persistence, intelligence, and research wins the race here. It is up to Ms. Kennedy whether she's willing to do the same.
    • Like Like x 2
  28. Anonymous Member

Looks like they are still using Haggis for PR then?

Anne Archer is an old deluded clam with too much money and a dried up career.
    No shoops of her and Kerry yet for all lulz time sake? Maybe Kerry finding a boiled head of Anne Archer on the stove? Or vice versa depending if she shows? HA HA HA

And Anne has a website, didn't go there. But you may be able to find some lulz there.
    www.annearcher dot com <- defanged
  29. Anonymous Member

Anne will be 66 August 24th.
  30. rickybobby Member

One email may be discounted by the staff, but many emails should get their attention, at least.
    • Like Like x 3
  31. moarxenu Member

O HAI, ANONS FOR HUMAN RIGHTS!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  32. wolfbane Member

I don't think we can count on Kerry Kennedy personally seeing them as a given. A good PR firm will have low level staff or even temps that work social media on a daily basis for the high profile clients of a good publicist. IOW - the person manning the FB page could be 2-3 steps removed from Kerry Kennedy.
    • Like Like x 3
  33. This is interesting:

http://www.bbb.org/charity-reviews/...uman-rights-in-washington-dc-25739#standard16

It appears that the RFK Center does not publish an annual report and fails to meet the BBB's guidelines for charitable organizations for some basic failures on the Center's part:

And there's this site (comments are open guyz):
    http://greatnonprofits.org/org/robert-f-kennedy-center-for-justice-and-human-rights

And here's their 2009 Form 990 if anyone wants to take a gander at the names and try to sniff out any Scientology connections:

https://bulk.resource.org/irs.gov/eo/2010_12_EO/13-2522784_990_200912.pdf

I'll try to find more. I'm sure there are some Scieno connections out there to be discovered.
    • Like Like x 6
  34. Anonymous Member

35. The Wrong Guy Member

Tony Ortega wrote this today:

BREAKING: Kerry Kennedy Appearance at Scientology Front Group Delayed

Well, isn’t this interesting. After we broke the news that Kerry Kennedy, daughter to RFK and a human rights advocate, was scheduled to schmooze with Anne Archer in her house at a May 1 meeting of the Artists for Human Rights — a Scientology front group — now Kennedy has postponed and Archer has moved back the event to the fall. We are sure our readers weep with her.

[IMG]

From http://tonyortega.org/2013/04/29/scientology-metaphysics-after-death-will-you-go-to-mars-or-venus/
    • Like Like x 7
  36. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 3
  37. RightOn Member

hmmmmm will she reschedule in the fall?
    Not very smart if she does
  38. She is quoted as saying she is "really looking forward" to it.
  39. This comment was made by a likely Scientologist today on Roger Friedman's article
    RFK Daughter Kerry Kennedy To Speak at Hollywood Scientology Salon:

http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/04/0...nnedy-to-speak-at-hollywood-scientology-salon
  40. Anonymous Member

Thank you. It's the article from 4/7/13 and it kinda crazy that after weeks of no new comments- this one appears. IMO, a bit odd that it doesn't scream scilon. the sheeple part makes me laugh.
    • Like Like x 1