Customize

An error occured after planning your event!

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by Dragononymous, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Dragononymous Member

We planned an event in Dutchland, to get the dutchies thinking about Press Freedom in the world.
    We decided to get an informative raid in the media center of Dutchland.
    Now it turns out that Amnesty International and some other, smaller organisations decide to do basicly the same at the same spot at the same day.
    Anyone any suggestions on how to keep everyones reputation intact?
    Should we move and leave AI to do what they do?
    Or should we help them? Or just be our normal anons and raid anyways?

Suggestions appreciated
  2. Consensus Member

What is this 'reputation' you're talking about?
    Anons show up to protests to advocate for sensible policy - or simply for the lulz. They don't do it to 'take ownership' of any movement.

You may have gotten a false impression from the fact that Anons are willing to start a movement where they feel one is needed, if nobody else has the balls to step up.
  3. Dragononymous Member

Anons are for the lulz, correct
    Amnesty aint for the lulz, also correct
    But if people think Anon is somehow related to Amnesty, neither one would actually gain anything at that moment if you get what I mean
  4. Consensus Member

It's possible for lulz-seekers and moralfags to share a common aim.

In that case, when an aim is shared, that aim should be pursued. Doesn't even require a formal alliance. We're all individuals. We all have our own motives.
  5. Dragononymous Member

So basicly you say, Just do it!?
  6. WhiteNight Member

You mean Amnesty International? I like AI, what's wrong with them?
  7. Dragononymous Member

Nothings wrong with them, I just dont want to ruin their reputation by our randomized acts of joy
  8. WhiteNight Member

AH! I get it. I thought that you were saying that you don't want their reputation to tarnish ours, which is an oxymoron in so many ways.
    Just have a sign that says "they're awesome, but we're not them". Funny enough for people to take photos of, simple enough for even morons to understand.
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Dragononymous Member

So simple and yet the best idea I heard so far
    I Thank Thy Royal Highness
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Herro Member

What, so people can't coordinate their actions before hand in order to better achieve common goals? Your assertion that anons don't "take ownership" is also undermined by the butthurt that erupts on this site any time an article is published about Anonymous or Chanology that doesn't fit the dominant image that the community has of those things.
  11. Consensus Member

"they're awesome, but we're not them" = win

do it faggot
    • Like Like x 1
  12. WhiteNight Member

Heh, any time.
    I don't believe I've been sort of doxed. It's not very well known though, so no one will be able to use it to find out who I am.
    P.s include an arrow maybe.
  13. Dragononymous Member

We will, we will..
  14. Ann O'Nymous Member

My 2 cents: contact AI and sort it out with them.
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Dragononymous Member

True, least I could do is inform them
  16. Anonymous Member

And the reason for being anonymous to protest/inform about freedom of the press in the first place was?
  17. Anonymous Member

What's this? Everyone Ignored Herro's Trolling? Someone needs to step it up!
  18. Consensus Member

Oh hey, Herro called me out :)

I ain't sayin' it breaks some fundamental 'rule' of Anonymous. If I left anyone with that impression, I would expect them to tell me to shut up.

Coordination in advance is often advantageous. But the butthurt 'ownership' claims, I feel, detract from our (individual!) messages and effectiveness.
  19. Dragononymous Member

Its a slice of the Anonymous Caek
  20. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  21. Herro Member

Perhaps. They might also motivate participation though.