Customize

AMAZING Senate C'tee Report!

Discussion in 'Senator Xenophon And Scientology' started by Anonymous, Aug 15, 2010.

1. kernowanon Member

Re: AMAZING Senate C'tee Report!

This is fantastic news both for all our brothers downunder and hopfully the UK too.
    The begining of the end.......... :D
  2. thefatman Member

Oh there will be gloating, plenty of gloating.
  3. eddieVroom Member

OK, I'm still reading, but I think I see the day coming when ALL of the shell corporations need to file for an ID number, and file their bookeeping if they want to be tax-exempt. That should make the work of collecting on Civil judgements much easier.

edit: or maybe they'll have to file even if they'd give up tax exemption.
  4. BigBeard Member

WTF?!?! From CO$RECI's own comments to the committeeI thought they were exempt for being a "non-profit" <snort>, not for being a "charity." What gives???

BigBeard
  5. Anonymous Member

a dubious pleasure, perhaps, but HELL YEAH!

is it 4:20 yet? lol
  6. eddieVroom Member

The actual collapse of CSI, RTC, et all may be in sight. It's a good day.
  7. afternon Member

It's international gloating day!
  8. TinyDancer Member

• COSRECI /= Church of Scientology
    • COSRECI is a not-for-profit, but it claims to be a "charity" and thereby not liable to pay
  9. BigBeard Member

Then what "Church" of $cientology is the report referring to?? I thought CO$RECI was the 'official' Cof$ presence in Oz?? I'm so confusted...

BigBeard
  10. TinyDancer Member

COSRECI is merely registered in australia. It conducts all of its business in the UK and Europe.

In Australia, the business of scientology is run by, among others, The Church of Scientology Australia Inc.
  11. subgenius Member

Let the litigation commence.
    Co$ ain't gonna give it up easily.
    Guessing it will be challenged on the Aussie equivalent of unconstitutionality.
  12. tazor Member

poster4189868.jpg

A big shout out to Carmel and the rest of the Aussies who brought this about. And to our own Tiny Dancer...yes, I'm looking at YOU, TD!

You all rock!

This is a beautiful day.
  13. BigBeard Member

Ah! Think I've got it:

CO$RECI = UK/Europe tax avoidance scam.

Cof$AI = Cof$ Oz

BigBeard
  14. TinyDancer Member

I doubt it, because Nick's bill won't proceed. The committee has recommended that the government set up a working party (together with the state governments) and come up with draft legislation to be released for community consultation. The legislation that results may commence in the House.

Hehe
  15. Anonymous Member

[SIZE=&quot;6&quot;][FONT=&quot;Comic Sans MS&quot;]Dear cult[/FONT][/SIZE]
    yougotpwnedpostcardp239.jpg
  16. Re: AMAZING Senate C'tee Report!

premature engloatulation

scilontology has not lost their oz tax exempt status yet
    ozfags must continue to bang ozparliment relentlessly
    bang them hard
  17. Anonymous Member

xerminator.jpg

Saw this before.

Yoinked it.
  18. eddieVroom Member

19. Anonymous Member

omfg.jpg

Time to celebrate. Common sense (and Anonymous, and Senator Xenophon) just won another round.
  20. Anonymous Member

21. Anonymous Member

There is not a single free country on this earth that would not benefit from setting up a similar apparatus, not just for Scientology but for any extremist, thuggish group.
  22. HellRazor Member

23. Anonymous Member

Wasn't the COSRECI address registered in OZ the one that Today Tonight investigated and it turned out to be owned by regular folks who didn't know Co$ was using their address?
  24. Anonymous Member

Jup, it was.
  25. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

26. exOT8Michael Member

Extremely impressed with the OZ today.... Good on ya mates!
    This is exactly what is needed.
    Look what Tommy Davis has allowed to happen....wow.

Scientology is gonna be in deep doo doo all across the spectrum.

ozsomewinspectrum.jpg
  27. Anonymous Member

The cult is going down.
  28. Anonymous Member

Awesome news to wake up to. So much win. Well done Oz!
  29. Major Boyle Member

Why not save the file (File Save As under your browser) to your desktop, then click on the icon and read them. Does your browser have the PDF reader installed?
  30. stone Member

I would predict that the process of getting their charity status revoked will be a very long hard battle. Let's not forget how hard (and dirty) the cult fought the IRS -and ultimately prevailed- to get awarded tax-exempt religious status in the US.

Then there's the issue of donation drives. After milking "Super Power" into the ground, in its desperate search for new schemes to wring ever-more donations out of its members, the cult may have just found another hotbutton to push.
  31. willhaven720 Member

You feel that?

Oz just went out-2d in scientology's naughty hole.

Take it all, you dirty cult!

<3
  32. AnonOfStout Member

Problem already resolved, Boyle. Try to keep up ;)
  33. Anonymous Member

The cult is going to lose tax exemption in australia and the uk and nothing is going to stop that.
  34. Re: AMAZING Senate C'tee Report!

No doubt, but try to get the religious right whack jobs in the United States to go along with something this practical
  35. Re: AMAZING Senate C'tee Report!

Seconded.

Big thanks to everyone helping bring some justice down under.

xD

I'm not a fan of sci-speak on here but that's a great quip coming from an ex.
  36. Anonymous Member

They will fight but they will ultimately lose this one thanks to all the hard work by
    the Today Tonight program in exposing them over the last 4 years. Everyone
    knows their dirty tricks now, and is no a feared. THe public and the authorities know exactly what kind of dirty rotten scoundrels they are dealing with. Just let them try to derail the process with their usual intimidation or bribes or spai methods and they can staert to expect not only losing their tax-free status but to have criminal charges laid against the leaders.

The scientology enterprise has no end of excuses and make believe reasons to get donations, so this is a non-problem.
  37. Anonymous Member

So they recommended the creation of a commission to investigate tax exempt charities? Good news, although I wouldn't consider this to inevitably mean that scientology will lose its tax exempt status. But still good news. I'm surprised more nations don't have these bodies considering most of the laws granting tax exemptions to charities are based upon the idea that they devote most of their resources towards socially beneficial activities and thus taxing them is detrimental to the public good. So you would think you would want some body to make sure nobody is abusing that.
  38. iaxiloll Member

lolz-push-the-up-button.jpg
  39. Ogsonofgroo Member

This be a fucking thing of beauty!

Me thinks the picture, shot years ago, is finally being developed.

TinyDancer&gt;
    Took the words..........

To all you amazing and dedicated people who have spent so much energy and time shining the light of truth and justice, I salute you!

anonfleetzyy7.jpg

underthehangzhoubaybrid.jpg

&quot;It ain't over till its over&quot;

Yarr mateys!

All this and so much moar!
  40. Clamosaurus Member

I cannot agree, as it's not just scientology in the spotllght.
    For far too long have groups been reaping the benefits of a system that is now in the process of change

Completely irrelevant, as the High Court challenge that opened the door in AU back in '83 almost went the other way. IMO, It was only because of the repealing of a specific 'ACT' (Psychological Practices ACT) that they got to hide under the religious cloak.

Fascinating reading!

There have been quite a few instances of quAck groups inflicting psychological damage on people that has lead to suicide

LOL!!

I must larf, as Australia would be lucky to now have 2000 members willing to part with moar monies.