Customize

Almighty Plymouth Raid, mid-September (check OP, TBA))

Discussion in 'Flash Raids' started by Anonnumition, Jul 20, 2008.

?

On which day should we come down upon Plymouth?

September 13th 7 vote(s) 18.9%
September 20th 30 vote(s) 81.1%
  1. Anonnumition Member

Almighty Plymouth Raid, mid-September (check OP, TBA))

Rightiho, it is being discussed in the Londome that a group of us head on down to Plymouth and offer support to our /b/rothas down thar for a day, or two.

Date seems to have been decided upon: 20th-21st September it shall be.
    The innitial plan in my mind is that we set off from London somewhere between 8am and 9am, so that we end up in Plymouth between 12pm and 1pm (according to Network Rail site) on the 20th Sept. We then sleep in either a youth hostel or Premier Inn which will cost £13- £20 per person, approximately- if you do it right. Next day, we leave at something like 7pm? Which I'm guessing will get us back into London between 10pm and 11pm

This post summarises FAQ:
    Travel arrangements (last editted 15:05 23/07): After researching coaches, it is seeming a no-no. Best bet will most probably be trains.*
    We could book out a carriage and could therefore then possibly get group discounts, but this needs looking into, and tbh, I don't think it'll be all that worth it.
    * Have just checked out routes, times and shit- looks like we'll be travelling from (and to) Paddington on First Great Western.
    Times:
    Leave Paddington on the 20th at 09:06, arrive 12:24.
    Leave Plymouth on the 21st at 18:31, arrive 22:13.
    If you pre-book this it will be £26.00. Not accounting for GroupSave or any other such offers.
    Savvy?

Also:

Accommodation (last editted 20:34 29/07): I have found one youth hostel in Plymouth which does a variety of rooms- our best bet being 8 person (mixed) rooms- which is £14 a head. Other rooms tend to be 4 person- same price.
    Gleeb told me something along the lines of that it cost him and his Mancfags about £16 a head to stay in a Premier Inn (3 to a room)- so this is another option. (Gleeb, please confirm, I cannot remember ^^;)

Have spoken youth hostel- they will take us but we will need to pay at the time of booking.

Now let's get this shit done.

Costs are currently looking to be (last editted 18:46 21/07):
    - £14 one night each in youth hostel, or about £16 a head in Premier Inn.
    - Looks like we'll be taking the train. Reserving of a carriage and how much a group booking would cost is an unknown at this very moment, but on an individual basis it'll be about £26 altogether from Paddington (you will need to pre-book your tickets, which means you will have set times for the train- or else it will be veeerrrryyyy expensive travelling over the two days (I posted suggested times above)). Try taking advantage of GroupSave. The maximum amount of tickets that can be ordered in one batch without moving onto group bookings is 8 (which totals to £208.00> GroupSave> £104.00).

Special offers from Anons to other Anons (last editted 17:56 21/07):
    spud- can take in a couple of people to sleep on his floor.
    spiral- her mother (apparently bonkers) is offering East Midlandy people (three) lifts- and could maybe accomodate them in the car by dropping seats. Would need to pay for petrol.
    SweatyJon: Can give lifts to a few, would need to contribute to petrol costs.

Once things are a little more confirmed, I will try get this shit up onto Wirah asap as it'll be neater- we will need to book accomodation, especially if we are using the youth hostel, asap.
  2. Anon-ymous Member

Re: Almighty Plymouth Raid, mid-September (check OP, TBA))

I'm in. Either date is possible for me, although ideally the 20th as the 13th will clash with the main protest. Don't want to abandon London completely, as scifags would consider that a win.
  3. Anonnumition Member

I made poll ^_^ 'cause I are clever and found the button.

Votes are public. Because I'm nosy.
  4. Re: Almighty Plymouth Raid, mid-September (check OP, TBA))

DEFINITELY COUNT ME IN, SOULJA. I voted for the 20th also, as I'd rather not miss the main protest down here in Laaaandahn, but also the 20th can be a pre-barfgay adventure :awesome: BRING PLENTY O':cake2: AND :hc:

I want Ralph to do a karaoke duet with me :colbert: in particular, this song:

YouTube - "I don't want you harrassing me"

Stu Wyatt, I better be seeing you doing some /b/lackup on teh karaoke with the BEEP BEEP BEEP ;)
  5. Anonnumition Member

Haha, I need that song... and yeah, hadn't actually voted yet, but 20th also- but since it'll just work better with having another week of settling back into college routine...
  6. narCONon Member

I might be up for this. How much does the coach from London cost. Also, what about rooms for the night, etc...
  7. Gisman Member

20th, fo sho.

Not actually sure if I'll be able to make it as of yet though, might be my last saturday with a few of my mates(university is a swine), but here's hoping.
  8. Anonnumition Member

OP is editted ;)
  9. Elf Member

I think, from previous experience, that it will be considerably more. I would take a guess at £400 to £500.
  10. Anonnumition Member

I've just emailed one company, trying a few.

And yeah, looks like £300 for single... I'd say £400-£500 too- though that'd still be <£20 each which is good.

Edit: :frustration: I said I wasn't going to be organising this one, wtf am I doing >_>;
  11. Randall81 Member

Hey wait a minute this seems familiar to all in #Manchester...

HAY WAIT IT'S BECAUSE WE DID THIS FIRST, FAGS

MANCFAGS RUN DIS JOINY
  12. Anonnumition Member

Yes, it is familiar to what Mancfags did.

...Who cares?
  13. Randall81 Member

Clearly you're forgetting that WE RUN DIS JOINY
  14. Randall81 Member

Also we invited you to the first one and you didn't seem to be interested.

CREDIT WHERE IT'S DUE for manchester's idea.
  15. Anonnumition Member

You invited us too late, we were interested- but it was too short notice -shrugs-
    And we all liked what you did, etc.

Edit: For shit's sake. Filled in ONLINE forms, and get told to call them to get my quote ¬_¬ I've already fuckin' namefagged myself to them, grrrr. :colbert:
    Someone with a more grown-up voice want to do it? I don't think a 17yo can be taken that seriously >_<
  16. gleeb Member

Please find below a video of the FIRST and ORIGINAL almighty Plymouth raid that #london chose not to go to.

Manchester on the Road - Plymouth, June 2008 on Vimeo

Also, arguments of 'not enough notice' are footbullets and you know it. We gave moar notice of ours than you guys have of this one.

The 13th is a bad idea. Taking a chunk of your own anons down for a main raid could be seen as antagonistic by the police, certainly considering that they had a "reasonable belief" that there would be violence caused at the last global protest... so much so that they forced facefagging. Are you #londoners ready to facefag?

I've not seen anyone in #plymouth discussing this, either... what if plymouth can't support you on your alternate date?

tl:dr; MANCFAGS RUN DIS JOINY, get your act together.
  17. Anon1990.572 Member

Plymfag here - we can probably support you on either date but DO remember we are in the process of dealing with Plod regarding masks. Bandannas are OK at the moment but don't count on it.

gleeb, it was London that was the subject of the Times article and you guys coming down are unlikely to be seen as 'antagonistic' since the fuzz up your way described you 'as the nicest bunch of protesters ever' so if the locals handle it right we should be OK.

Personally, I'd like this to happen for the Global protest since I'm likely to be in Bristol the week before the biggy and I'd love to protest alongside Londonfags but I can't do more than 2 Saturdays a month.

Finally, if you Londonfags need a hand organising then PM me since I'm more than ready to help out with whatever needs assistance.
  18. gleeb Member

If you're going to insult me, please keep it to PMs. Flaming eachother just isn't going to help anything.

Mancfag 'til I die, and I help RUN DIS JOINY. (Ooh, that'll make a nice sig)

As for police opinion, it doesn't matter what the MetroPol think of Londanon, it's what PlymAnon think of Londanon, and if they see a massively swelled group, they could reall y get in your faces, certainly if Stu's video on the issue that is in the post I linked to above is anything to go by.
  19. Anonnumition Member

@1990^ Thanks for the snappish feedback.

And yeah, I think most of us are aware of the issues- personally I use the bandana anyway 'cause it's more comfy, but y'know, I have all faith you could well have it sorted within the next 6 weeks or so- if not, we could get it sorted? ;)

Edit: I have no clue why I'm speaking so politely today.
  20. Anon-ymous Member

Shit. Well, hopefully the Plymouth situation will be resolved before Sep, if not then we will need tips on non-mask disguise I guess.
  21. Re: Almighty Plymouth Raid, mid-September (check OP, TBA))

I'm in, I voted for 20th.
  22. Re: Almighty Plymouth Raid, mid-September (check OP, TBA))

Face paint isn't a mask. We can bring greasepaint, it'll be fine.
  23. gleeb Member

Bandana is an an item that can be used and can therefore be ordered removed and confiscated.
  24. Re: Almighty Plymouth Raid, mid-September (check OP, TBA))

As well as that song, this song is MUCH needed for Plym enturbulatin' win:

YouTube - Saturday sickbed update...

And with the mask situation, we'll just bring scarves/bandanas whatever, I'll probably bring my V mask to wear on my hat for show but will keep it off and just stick with a scarf

EDIT: Just noticed the comment above, going along with Goode's suggestion of greasepaint is fine
  25. Anonnumition Member

Indeed, but I really am optimistic they'll have the situation sorted by then.
  26. gleeb Member

This has been going on for many months and has no real sign of coming to an end at this point.

Seriously, join #plymouth to keep up to date with this stuff.
  27. Re: Almighty Plymouth Raid, mid-September (check OP, TBA))

Count me in for the 20th Perhaps I shall bring some of my world-famous brownies along as well - they could be easily confused for caek ;-)
  28. gleeb Member

That cake really would be a lie.
  29. Anonnumition Member

Yeah, was about to go on there, lurked a while back but meh.
    And quit denting my 'optimism'. :fuckyou:
  30. gleeb Member

I'm simply playing xenu's advocate.

I'm in #plymouth right now, PM me and we'll get this discussed, see what we can hash out.
  31. Anonnumition Member

Bump, for we would preferably require two people with the abilities to drive coaches pl0x.
  32. stuwyatt Member

Ooooh... Just seen this thread. If you guys are able to manage this, we need a bit of support at the moment. I'm banned from enturbulating them :( although I'm going to be fighting this bullshit anti-harassment letter bollocks, and hope to be able to protest when you come down. At the very least, I will be able to leaflet in the city centre with you guys.

I'll be there for both dates :)

xxx
  33. gleeb Member

He seems legit.
  34. mickturate Member

did anybody invite the MancAnons as welll, (been to plymuff got the SP T shirt, dun that)

or do they not need invites: we got open arms in the southwest?

I thinks we should have made movement on plymuff plod by then: we are offering a Presentation, communication meeting, Why we do what we do etc.

plus there's a protest re section 60 going in.
  35. phast.phil Member

i'm pretty sure that if we supply our own driver for the coach(s) then the coach co are gonna want a hell of a deposit.... and if the driver comes with the coach they are prolly gonna want to drive back same day... not sure tho'

i might have a fone round myself and see what i can scare up...

voted for the 20th BTW
  36. SovietV Member

Hmm, I'll probably have moved out of Manchester by then
    And be with you faggots in London
    So (provisionaly) you can count me in for the coach trip down
    thats for the 20th obviously, taking ppl away from global protests = fail idea
  37. Anonnumition Member

Yes, mancfags were told, hence a lot of the posts on the first page here ;)

3 coach companies have my details, one emailed telling me to call them as they have a quote and one just called me now... while I was out shopping with my mum -facepalm-
    They said it looked expensive and that they'd call me back- tbh, considering I was in the middle of a shopping centre browsing add-ons for our Wii, wasn't the best time, hoping they call back at a more appropriate time ¬_¬ Otherwise I would've held on the phone to get a figure.

Edit: Just checked me emails... shite: quotation of £1300- PLUS accomadation for drivers. We really need to find our own drivers methinks to get the cost down- a deposit is far better than paying for the drivers' accomodation.

Edit2 redone: Other is more expensive, though £1275- then add deposit (25%), and plus driver's accomodation... Don't think we'll be doing that one.
  38. phast.phil Member

Cough*train*cough
  39. Anonnumition Member

Yeah... that's what I was thinking too. Damn.
  40. Anon-ymous Member

A minibus may be cheaper than a coach, also easier to find people licensed to drive, although obviously it doesn't hold as many people, but might be an option depending on numbers.

As for train, AFAIK there is a discount for a group booking. Just looking now.