Customize

Alliance with the Local Churches

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by Anonymous, May 7, 2008.

1. Anonymous Member

Alliance with the Local Churches

U know ive been wondering, y not we try to make an alliance with local churches? if they do, then will have a bigger voice in the raiding and protesting and them aware about the dark truth about $cientology and show them that we r peaceful pll and make them side with us, just throwing ideas out there :lrhcries:
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: Alliance with the Local Churches

Holy fuck, why can't you spell?

Also, this has already been covered. You're welcome to approach your church or other group leaders, if it pleases you. This is encouraged and has been done in the past. But we can't "officially" ally with anyone because Anon isn't a Christian organization, or whatever.
  3. Anonymous Member

we cant form alliance because we are not an organization
    getting Info to local pastors,priests,rabbis, churches etc is good

but there is no way to form an alliance

beside The Alliance is gay
  4. Anonymous Member

I prefer the Empire. The Alliance could be killed by one death star blast to Yavin IV. I mean, c'mon how weak is that? If it weren't for Luke, then they'd have been toast and the Dangerous Cult would be free to use the force on us.
  5. Anonymous Member

In light of the LAPD joining interfaith clergy at the Celebrity Centre to discuss "hate crimes" it might be a nice idea to meet with you local churches, synagogues, mosques, covens etc and let them know what Anonymous IS and isnt. No recruiting, nothing, except assuring them that Anon is not a bunch of hackers/terrorist/bigots etc. and that we are not attacking the faith but the abuses. Have one of your Named go in, or an Anon who looks sort of straight/square to meet with them and just allay their fears. And if the clergy learn something about Sci's bad behavior, so much the better.
  6. Anonymous Member

Well giving them info is good, recruit for the cause not so much. I don't think it is fair to put any religion, in a position to choose sides. I suspect there are already some religions out there cheering on anon and surrepticiously "helping" but cannot come out against... fully.

Being Tibetan Buddhist I can tell you that one of our tenants is to be tolerant of other religions and accept their beliefs as they see them... with the caveat that the religion is about love and the good of the people. Even at a cursory glance it is apparent SoC isn't, so they won't get any support for this end.
  7. Anonymous Member

I think you mean "tenets", not tenants!

Doesn't matter what religion you are. And I hope you are not only tolerant of others because your religion tells you to be- wouldn't you be anyway? But I digress. Suffice to say, membership or allegiance to any faith, or the proud ownership of none, is immaterial here.
  8. Anonymous Member

Give local churches as much info as possible. If they want to join they will, we have the evangelicals coming to us asking for info on the scilons for their anti-cult awareness things, as do local psychs.
  9. Anonymous Member

Why not an alliance with your local psychiatrists instead? They are the ones targeted by Scifags for obliteration. :whistle:
  10. Anonymous Member

Dude, we're Horde.
  11. Anonymous Member

Contact your local religious leaders and go.

Problem is trying to make it "relevant" in some way - I suggest, for instance, Co$'s unfair tax exemption. If your local religious organizations have schools attached to them, this suddenly becomes extremely interesting to them.
  12. Anonymous Member

Catholics/Protestants - There is no Christ Quote
    Pagan - "One and only way" to OT-like powers. Pagans hate that

Dunno about the rest. Any other good angles?

I also like the Tax exemption angle, currently there is a case in progress about that.
  13. Anonymous Member