Customize

Albuquerque 9-18-10

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by MSAnon505, Sep 18, 2010.

1. MSAnon505 Member

Albuquerque 9-18-10

Everything got kicked off around 11. John B, Capt. Kirk and I. Sorry about the lack of vid, but unfortunately we had no cam. Three Anons, one sign. And it didn’t take long for the three of us to grab some attention, as a woman stopped and asked us what we were protesting and then got us to pose for a picture, of which we were happy to oblige. Damn, I should have asked for a copy. *lol* But as soon as she got the picture, right across the street into the org. Nice. We got ourselves a handler.

We started getting some interest from a couple of passers-by, quite a few honks, good support. Org had a lot of cars in the parking lot, and we saw a few coming and going. But things really got interesting when the police decided to show up. Apparently they’d received a call from the org- someone was feeling intimidated by us. And this time they sent a sergeant. We explained to him that this was pretty much standard Hubbard policy, and he was asking about why we wore the Fawkes masks. He went across the street to talk to the org and when he came out about an hour later, another officer had shown up. That’s when the sergeant we’d spoken with before started talking to JB and I, telling him some of their side of things.

Apparently they showed him that lovely little booklet about Anonymous and started talking all these nasty things about us- straight out of the playbook. I think we convinced him we’re not terrorists, but he was saying that if they ever decided to file a police report, we would no longer be anonymous. Now for some reason, the officer has it in his mind that we’re out here every day, even going so far as to ask why we’re even doing it and if we don’t have anything better to do. Geez, I’d sure like to know what the hell they said to him in there. This shows one thing for sure- we are definitely getting to them. I think we made our point to the cops, though. But JB brought up a good point later- this smells like they might be gearing up to pull a Sparrow here. Even if they’re not, better safe than sorry, ABQ anons.

We had a few really good conversations with people who came by- definitely got the message out as to why we were there. We wrapped up at close to 2- but we weren’t going to leave until the police did. Once again Scientology fails.
  2. John Basilone Member

Re: Albuquerque 9-18-10

Definite wins all around. I'm sure that it's about to start heating up here in the desert. Take this as notice guys, they are going to try some sparrow-type shit here. Those cops were trying too hard to get us to leave before they "had to" proceed with what they knew to be a bunch of bullshit. There were just too many similarities in the way he was "handled" and the way they are trying to go for us. Which makes me wonder... which one has been enough of a pain in the ass to be the target? The courts have before struck down the idea that Scientology must be protected against Anonymous as a group, so they have to pick one specific person to target in a stalking/harassment case. My best guess would be Ness, considering the lulz-cannon he brings to every raid and video. With these whackjobs who knows though.

As far as the day went, like Capt. Kirk says, never underestimate the power of 3 guys and a beat-up sign. Never before have I seen such a low-quality product produce such spectacular results. Rubberneckers almost causing accidents, Mom&Dad stopping the station wagon full of kids to talk with us, and walk-up traffic galore. In such an event-filled day, it's easy to forget all of the wins we had. BMW Biker Guy comes to mind. He came out and chatted with us, getting the Truth Rundown both going into, and leaving the bank, and I know he's going to be telling people about what he saw and heard.
  3. new guy Member

Well played.
  4. Bipolart Member

ABQ rocks it! I missed one helluva raid, apparently. You guys are awesome! But we need to bring cameras to every raid, lest we get accosted by bawwwwwing scilons.

The high desert is getting safer every day...
  5. AnonyNess18 Member

Good job guys! Sorry I didn't make it.
  6. RightOn Member

geez, makes you wonder if all orgs have been briefed to try to pull a "Sparrow" on a protestor at each org if the chance should come up.
    Tinfoily yes, but I wouldn't put it pass COS either.
  7. AnonyNess18 Member

That's why I wish I would have shown up to this one. I am the Anon who has the camera in our group. The one raid I miss we actually get a handler for the first time ever. I definitely won't miss the next one.
  8. RightOn Member

COS is getting desperate these days... all anons need to carry cameras. SAVE up for one, they are not very expensive, it should not take too long to save up, or ask for one for your birthday gift? or whatever....
    each anon should have one these days to be safe IMO
  9. xenubarb Member

Why don't you guys download and print out this free booklet here?
    Barbara Graham's Storefront - Lulu.com

Anonymous vs. Scientology, there's a free dl button.
  10. xenubarb Member

Tentlemen, if I was ABQ cell, I would tell the PD all about how Second Chance ripped off the city, lied to judges, snuck out of town at 0 Dark: 30 and owes the city hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I mean, shit; it's Scientology related, it happened in your city, USE IT!
  11. Anonymous Member

good info to put on a sign too
    Still don't know why the authorities are not looking for Joy Westrum? She is not hard to find, that's for sure.
    I don't understand it.
  12. Triumph Member

especially since Joy and Rick pump out monthly press releases pretending the program is still in existence and every thing is sunshine and roses in New Mexico for the second chance scam.

they raised hundreds of thousands of Dollars from Scienotologist, and the phony press releases are designed to keep the money trickling in.
    they send out carefully worded mailings asking for donations, to keep the con going.

they have a pretty good scam going because their is almost no chance of their captive audience, picking up a News Paper or asking questions.

what they are doing amounts to fraud.

proxy up
    Second Chance Program Raising Self-respect In New Mexico Inmates

Rick Pendery - Second Chance Program Raising Self-respect In New Mexico Inmates
  13. Anonymous Member

Wow I didn't know they were still doing this? How are they getting away with this?
  14. John Basilone Member

I spoke with our Sergeant about it during the raid, but he was doing his best to get us to quit protesting altogether. He would always come back to "so why are you guys doing this?" and when we would tell him WHY WE PROTEST(tm) he would respond with something about how it didn't matter, and that they were saying the same stuff about us. Second Chance, Lisa McPherson, human trafficking, religious prisons, indentured servitude, he didn't care.

However, have recently gotten back in acquaintance with a VERY poonable local media contact. No promises, but there's a good chance that everyone in ABQ will know about Second Chance.
  15. Triumph Member

1) because they can..
    2) Joy is politically connected.with the NFWL the same group Sharron Angle belongs to.

the story was covered by all the local news media.. but it dropped off their radar for whatever reason.

Media is aware of it. to some extent..theres lots you can bring up searching google.

3) out of site,out of mind, people have a short attention span..
    Joy and Her husband are laying low..Joy has a web site that used to list her Jewelry Trunk shows dates etc... that info is now mysteriously absent.

4)media made attempts to contact her. Shes never responds.
  16. Anonymous Member

Maybe the store where Joy has her tunk show, (the Eye of the Needle) finally wised up after receiving a lovely little info packet this past summer complete with links to the Second Chance story about them leaving in the middle of the night.

The links to that story were provided so that the Eye of the Needle owner would be able see Joy Westrum's name in the article and also if Joy was questioned by them, she could not deny it. If they didn't know anything about Ms. Westrum's involvement with Second Chance before, they certainly do now.

Let's hope it worked and Joy was shown the ferry out of Nantucket. I guess next summer will prove if it worked or not. If it didn't... maybe the owners need more info on how Joy is still asking people for money for a place that doesn't exist? lulz!
  17. i'mglib Member

Tell the police that you are exercizing your free speech rights to warn the public, because you don't like the idea of unsuspecting people getting sucked in, and next thing they know they are in a cult. Tell the cop that he'd probably be happy you were there if it were his kid that accidentally got involved with this cult.

Also, what did your sign say?

Also, great job.
  18. MSAnon505 Member

I had a double-sided sign for this one. On one side it had - "Religion Is Free. Scientology Is Neither" and the other side was "Religion Has No Copyright".
  19. Re: Albuquerque 9-18-10

I'm glad you guys got such a good response and sorry to hear that your org finally got with the CoS program of trying to manipulate the police against you. I'm hopeful that, in time, you'll be able to establish a sort of relationship with your law enforcement they'll learn that you're trustworthy. Frivolous police calls would not be appreciated for long.

It's good that the officer was curious about why you were out there, even if some of what the officer was saying ("don't you guys have anything better to do, this doesn't matter," etc.) sounded, frankly, pretty unprofessional. It sounded like you stayed calm and collected during your encounter with him, so great job with that.
  20. MSAnon505 Member

Calm and collected tends to get the job done a lot better. And even though the sergeant was probably just trying to do his job, he obviously didn't care about our side of things. (putting on the tinfoil) Kinda makes me wonder whether or not he was taking the contents of the booklet at face value. (removing tinfoil hat now) We've had pretty good dealings with the police in the past (or at least we have from the encounters I've been present for) and hopefully this will backfire against the cult in a big way. I agree that we should look into getting that booklet that was linked printed up- good ammunition to counter the Sci bawwing.

On the Second Chance deal- I've had a chance to look at that article (fully proxied, naturally)- does anyone know when it was published so that we can use that if need be for an extra little kick to the poons? It'll have a lot more damage potential if it was published after SC hauled ass from our fine city in the middle of the night than if it was published while the program was in place here.
  21. xenubarb Member

They never put dates on their print material. However, the date really doesn't matter as much as when they released the article. You could just say, "This was published six months after Second Chance snuck out of town" or whatever it is now. I think they bailed in January?
  22. BigBeard Member

If any of you are already namefagged, it sounds like maybe a nice sit down with the PD is in order. If the same booklet they used in San Jose, CA your could point out that not one thing in that booklet has ever been linked to Anon protesters. $ci is just using the old "guilt by association" crap of trying to link Anons to non-Anon related actions committed by anonymous people.

BigBeard
  23. bAnon Member

IT NEVER HAPPENED.
  24. MSAnon505 Member

They bailed in January of 09. So it's been well over a year now. Might be time to start reminding the citizens of the Duke City about this- including the mayor who was elected after this scandal broke and the two women who are currently fighting it out for the governor's spot in our state.
  25. subgenius Member

To ask "Why are you doing this?" is unconstitutional on the part of a government agency, in this case, the police.

Many, most, not all, forget the oath they took (ask any in question to recite it, chances are they forgot it the moment they got their first paycheck) usually it mentions upholding the Constitution (ahem, like the 1st Amendment) rather than property, or other "rights".
    I have met, and known, a precious few who understand this.
  26. tazor Member

I've been namefagged so I guess I would be the one to do this. I wasn't at this protest but I could still go down to the sub station and talk to the cops. They've all been really nice to us for the most part.
  27. OTBT Member

Finnish blog, didn't know where to post it, so I'll just leave it here.

Paholaisen Asianajaja: Huijaus nimeltään Criminon

Google Translate