Customize

AFP: "Tom Cruise says Scientology helped him overcome dyslexia"

Discussion in 'Tom and Katie' started by Ann O'Nymous, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Ann O'Nymous Member

AFP: "Tom Cruise says Scientology helped him overcome dyslexia"

AFP: Tom Cruise says Scientology helped him overcome dyslexia

Why a AFP note now ? It is hardly new...
  2. Re: AFP: "Tom Cruise says Scientology helped him overcome dyslexia"

I don't think this goes in here....
  3. Ann O'Nymous Member

Re: AFP: "Tom Cruise says Scientology helped him overcome dyslexia"

I do. I cannot think of anything else but a PR piece in connection with Jett's case.
  4. TheBitch Member

Yeah I noticed that too and wondered if anybody else would pick it up and run with it. Seems an awfully strange time for them to be putting out press releases about Tom Cruise saying how $cilontololligy cured his learning disability.

Actually, this is the perfect time for US to start spreading their press releases about curing dyslexia and autism's non-existence, and to take credit for Jett Travolta having had the benefit of the "tech" to give him a "long and full life."

We've been thinking nice too long.

Time to dig up the greatest hits and advertise Scilontololligy as "the way and the light!" Heh.

Jett Travolta, martyr to the cause... Tom Cruise, messiah.. sure doesn't seem fair to the Travolta / Preston klan nao does it?
  5. Re: AFP: "Tom Cruise says Scientology helped him overcome dyslexia"

If you believe the Andrew Morton biography on tom cruise, it was his teachers way back in elementary school that recognized tommy gurl was having difficulty reading. Those teachers made a special effort to teach tom how to deal with his reading disability. According to Morton, by the time cruise made it to the end of his high school days, most of his friends and even some of his teachers were unaware that he had dyslexia.

When tom first joined scientology he told them he had a reading disability and they told him they could cure it, even though he already had been taught how to deal with it effectively years before.
  6. TypingChimp Member

One word, or name: Heimlich! So, Tommy-gurl, how's that "cure" working out fer ya?
  7. Re: AFP: "Tom Cruise says Scientology helped him overcome dyslexia"

The only difficulty he had reading upon joining $cientology was the inability to comprehend the absolute drivel that L. Ron Hubbard wrote...he's not alone on that point.
  8. RavenEyes Member

THIS IS NOT EVEN ABOUT JETT. OMG SHOULD I POST INFO RE:THE MORTGAGE CRISIS IN THIS SITUATION ROOM, TOO? BECAUSE I AM SURE THE TRAVOLTAS HAVE HAD A MORTGAGE IN THE PAST AND SO IT IS RELEVANT TO ALL OF OUR INTERESTS. PLUS, I AM SURE SOME OF THEIR FANS ARE IN FORECLOSURE. THIS COULD BE VERY VERY IMPORTANT.
  9. Evil Zoe Member

OMG. ^^^THIS
  10. Re: AFP: "Tom Cruise says Scientology helped him overcome dyslexia"

If I was reading in public I could probably mess up a word like that very easily. But I'm not a mighty OT like tom is. How could he not know that word?
  11. momISanon Member

$cientology cured my hemorrhoids.

In all honesty, this just seems like more PR shit the clams are digging up to throw @ the media. This STINKS of desperation.
  12. Re: AFP: "Tom Cruise says Scientology helped him overcome dyslexia"

Yes, the timing is curious...to dredge up old shit like this....pushing the CO$ while they try to come up with a shore story for poor Jett.
  13. Re: AFP: "Tom Cruise says Scientology helped him overcome dyslexia"

Maybe make a sub- sub- forum for post-Jett scilon puff-piece PR articles like this one?
  14. fitch2000 Member

I think the OP's point was this is on the FRONT page of Yahoo news right now!! I came here to post this exact same thing lol. SCIENTOLOGY PR SPINNING HAS BEGUN
  15. xzoz01 Member

Just the other day Tom Cruise was saying he will no longer talk about Scientology. Now that Jeff Travolta has died, Scientology is doing whatever it can to stop the media shitstorm that is brewing. Quick Tom, tell them it cured your dyslexia!
  16. Obi-Wan-anon Member

With all the talk about C0$ "curing" his problem, and the hype over whether lack of care caused Jett's problems, there's still on thing I'd like to say:

Open letter to Tom and Katie:

Are you so secure in the teachings of Scientology that you're willing to put the health and well-being of Suri on the line?

That little cold, that runny nose, that cough - do you really think that an audit will cure that?

Maybe massive doses of Niacin will help, like Hubbard said. That, or a non-Scientologist doctor.

If, by some chance, you do have to take her to a hospital, don't be like others and pass several, well-staffed hospitals, just to get to that one scientologist doctor. Time is so fleeting...
  17. xenuluvsu Member

cover up shit is fail. fire up the 'poons for fail articles that will come out in the next few days.
  18. imariscent Member

19. Optimisticate Member

QUICK! PUT OUT A PRESS RELEASE SHOWING SCIENTOLOGY CURED SOMETHING!
  20. Re: AFP: "Tom Cruise says Scientology helped him overcome dyslexia"

^^^THIS^^^

The lying sack of shit!
  21. reznik Member

ditto.
  22. thetanmonger Member

Since we are way off topic here anyways, Love your avatar imariscent, /r/equesting higher res? or source (Artist name)?
  23. Vir Member

(Note: Xenu the Psychiatrist is their devil, not their God.)
  24. Yoni Alter Member

So Tom Cruise kept his New Year's pledge not to proselytize about Scientology for a whole ... 3 days?

I know DIETS that lasted longer than that. All-fruit diets.
  25. Re: AFP: "Tom Cruise says Scientology helped him overcome dyslexia"

Scientology : The cure for a beating heart.
  26. Snake Member

lolz @ them trying to SPIN this!

Also, Tom is a lying sack of shit because he said he wouldn't talk ABOUT Scientology again!

He couldn't even hold it for 2 weeks!!
  27. TypingChimp Member

I don't get why everyone's pissed off about Tom Cruise promoting Scientology. It makes absolutely no sense to me, because every time he does, he does our work. Someone I know who probably knows nothing about Anonymous even complained that Will Smith has gotten weird and sounds like an idiot ever since he became a clam. Don't worry, be happy, and remember the wise teachings of Rick Astley.
  28. TheBitch Member

It gets worse.. they're recycling a story from last week or two about Katie Holmes going to do a "herbal detox favored by $cilontololligists (stet)."

Katie Holmes’ ‘Scientology style’ detox plan

Sunday, January 4, 2009 at 11:01 pm Under Showbiz News Buzz up! 7 views

Actress Katie Holmes, who has been leading a very hectic life recently, plans to detox with a special herbal plan favoured by Scientologists after her Broadway show ends next week.

The actress has been shuffling her role as an actress and mother for quite some time. The star is appearing in the Broadways show ‘All My Sons’.

(snip - moar at press release distraction piece)

-----------------------

OK nao how do we explain to the media what is going on in the technologically based media in order to attempt to bury net interest (which is impossible). This is actually a very interesting part of the story about the "war on $cientololligy" and about how they fundamentally use whatever tools they can to manipulate the web / story UNSUBTLY!

/B/tards, by comparison to $cilontololligists, are actually pretty fuckin subtle.
  29. basil Member

... with a touch assist? The mind boggles!
  30. Ann O'Nymous Member

Looking at the OP again, it seems slightly cryptic. My main concern is not TC stunt, but the fact that AFP, a rather serious news agency, feels the need to report it.
  31. Re: AFP: "Tom Cruise says Scientology helped him overcome dyslexia"

People magazine from February 11th, 2005:
    people1.jpg
    people2.jpg
    people3.jpg
  32. Ann O'Nymous Member

33. auchraw Member

^^ THIS ^^

Also is it not true that TCP grew up in a dysfunctional household and was bullied senseless by his dad and was probably a poor student for that reason? As well as being a bit damaged in other ways?

There is another possibility which is that we are about to see great efforts to sell Hubbard's learning tech to schools. If their drug rundown is failing and dentists are getting wise to WISE, maybe schools boards (independent, well-funded, badly informed) are going to be targetted - are already targetted?

And (off topic but intriguing) does anyone else think he has had his nose done to look more like von Stauffenberg?
  34. Ann O'Nymous Member

AP is following. Quite strange...
    The Associated Press: Cruise says church helped him overcome dyslexia
  35. Ann O'Nymous Member

Question: in an interview that addresses many aspects of TC's life (http://www.xlsemanal.com), why do two press agencies choose the exact same paragraph to make a piece ?
  36. Consensus Member

37. reznik Member

CoS is obviously trying to muddy the press waters with TomKat / CoSisawesome stories .... but all the are doing is putting the detox into the media.

i suggest pressanons prepare factsheet type of thing with lings to detox dox/ info.

i kindof feel this is relevant to jett situation but didnt want to post in the room so move if necc for eyes

Holmes' 'Scientology style' detox plan - ScreenIndia.Com

38. orly Member

The Times - Leave dyslexia to the experts, not Scientology

The wogs are getting restless...
  39. Ann O'Nymous Member

Nevertheless, 100+ media worldwide felt the urge to publish TC's piece of PR...